Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I see your 550 Spyder and raise you a 1946 Hewson Rocket

If you are a Chrysler fan one might call this a cloud car :dadjoke::hf::yayclod:

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's lit

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fornax Disaster posted:

Only about 1200 of the turbo version were made.

One of my (now retired) coworkers used to own one. It kinda broke his brain when he sold it for more than he paid for it. He had zero idea it was special for years until someone told him.

I’ve also seen TWO Sky Redlines, which is two more than I ever expected to see.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

I saw this happy little guy parked in front of the Beer Store this morning. Can a two-four even fit on one of these?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MrYenko posted:

There’s a father-son duo who autocross one in my local SCCA region. It’s damned quick.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I imagined one with the back end done properly and let me tell you, it was a good time.

I love the back end.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Fornax Disaster posted:

I saw this happy little guy parked in front of the Beer Store this morning. Can a two-four even fit on one of these?
Roof rack bro

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

MrYenko posted:

One of my (now retired) coworkers used to own one. It kinda broke his brain when he sold it for more than he paid for it. He had zero idea it was special for years until someone told him.

Out of curiosity I had a look to see if the were any for sale around here. I found one asking $38,000 cdn.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-OAxhYP6ak

If you want to see rare mk1 pandas, here is a collector that decided to grab every rare variants he can find.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

It's a '65 :colbert:

Seeing that my dad owned a '65 GTO and now has a Solstice, maybe I'll send this over and get his opinion.

Edit: I keep looking at it and I can't tell if it's actually awful or not.

I have a ‘66 Bonneville (big brother to the LeMans/GTO)

The fit is excellent, it’s not bad-looking…but it needs the subtle coke-bottle line to a straight deck.

I have mixed feelings.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I remember reading that a 2jz fits in a solstice, bolts up to the stock trans and maybe motor mounts IIRC. Silly if true.

E: https://www.carscoops.com/2011/06/pontiac-solstice-gets-engine-transplant/

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 15, 2023

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

Roof rack bro

I just recently became aware of roof racks being a completely aesthetic thing when some guy came up to me to ask me if I actually used my roof rack or if it was "just for looks"

I mean I get it on old VW bugs and poo poo, but I drive a drat Scion xB :v:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

1954 Volvo PT21 Sugga

Volvo built 720 models of this Military off-road radio commander vehicle between 1953 and 1958.

There are probably fewer than six existing in the U.S., which makes it one of the rarest SUVs.

It has its original 90hp 3.7 liter inline 6-cylinder engine mated to the Volvo E9 gearbox.

Stock

Modified

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

I am bidding on this on eBay at the moment.

'69 DS Safari, imported from Holland a few years back, titled in the US as a '73.

Seller (http://www.zombiemotors.net/about-us/) claiming buyer's remorse, but he is a dealer or shop in Oregon. Not sure if he spent $20K all-in, or $20k trying to kill the punch list after the sale. Even though he seems to be in the car business, It's possible he doesn't know poo poo about fixing cars, or suffers from the US phobia towards all things French. Maybe he's a flipper?

Says he's giving up on it for a variety of issues, none of which deter me. His biggest gripe is that the PO/dealer in Beverly Hills repainted it & afterwards, the headlights & turn signals didn't work, which screams GROUNDING ISSUE at me and shouldn't be all of that difficult to resolve. In fact, except for major structural rust & re-mortgaging your house for interior upholstery (neither of which seem to be issues here) Citroen DSs are really not all that hard to work on. It is an engineering tour de force, being designed in the mid-1950s, but it is still all mechanical & the electrical system is no Lucas.

It's a wagon; it's Euro-spec - imported out of Holland - which means the turning headlights & glass headlight covers. Four-speed manual.

Stumbled across this looking for something else

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1559764

quote:

A Familiale sold new in north Sweden (no salt on roads) in September 1973. It was then a seven seater, but for some reason the second owner in 1978 made it into a five seater, -it is now missing the original Familiale rear seats. The car is a really good project. Was last time in traffic in 2015. I bought it in 2016, and the plan was just to make an "optical restoration", but the car has just been stored in my possession. The Chassie is very solid (I can send pictures), the only rust to be seen is some "bubbles" down on two doors and 3-4 rustspots on front fenders. Hydraulics working fine. I have the full history of the car, when it comes to owners, since new, but I don't know correct km. The car is located 200km south of Stockholm, Sweden.

Citroen DS wagon so i can find this in search later. Appears to be very clean and rust free(?) Black with black and maroon interior :black101:

1973 Citroen Familiale DS20 € 8,300 sweden

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Stumbled across this looking for something else

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1559764

Citroen DS wagon so i can find this in search later. Appears to be very clean and rust free(?) Black with black and maroon interior :black101:

1973 Citroen Familiale DS20 € 8,300 sweden

Rust free??

Plus for some reason the right rear door is half fallen off.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No no, they got this all wrong: free rust!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The definition of “rust free” often means “there are no aftermarket holes in any of the panels.”

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

MrYenko posted:

The definition of “rust free” often means “there are no aftermarket holes in any of the panels.”

I thought it means that the carpet is only holding the interior together

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Rust free? No, exterior damage!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
That's very much rust-free for being in Sweden, yes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rust? Free!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Beep beep. :3:

https://twitter.com/ItsBegger/status/1680603726438907907?t=R2pqywasa91UmP6VixOOug&s=19

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just visited the https://www.sarasotacarmuseum.org/ because it's in my neighborhood, and I discovered that one of its particularly well-appointed corners is the personal collection of Piero Rivolta, heir of the Iso-Rivolta brand who also lives in the area. There are examples of 6 or 7 cars from the late-60s/early-70s heyday of the company, including this insane and amazing thing

https://www.isorivoltaofficial.com/isorivolta-varedo.html

Absolutely stunning in person. So unbelievably wide and flat. I hate that we'll never see cars like this again, and even modern superexotics look like rear end by comparison

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Data Graham posted:

Just visited the https://www.sarasotacarmuseum.org/ because it's in my neighborhood, and I discovered that one of its particularly well-appointed corners is the personal collection of Piero Rivolta, heir of the Iso-Rivolta brand who also lives in the area. There are examples of 6 or 7 cars from the late-60s/early-70s heyday of the company, including this insane and amazing thing

Absolutely stunning in person. So unbelievably wide and flat. I hate that we'll never see cars like this again, and even modern superexotics look like rear end by comparison

Get out of my city :argh:

Do they still have those various prototypes in the back warehouse?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Those

what

Do I have to go back all over again (so soon)? Is there a whole building I missed? I thought it was, like, a weird specialty dealership sort of thing

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Chris Knight posted:

Thread title right there.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock posted:

Scratch-built jaguar e type roadster widebody

Update

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Fuuuck. If my father and I had known that place existed, we'd have gone the last time he was in the States. All of the Iso cars are favorites of ours, from Isetta to Grifo.

Instead, we went to The Tampa Bay Automobile Museum. Plenty of prototypes, one-offs, and special cars there.

(No, I will not stop plugging the place.)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Data Graham posted:

Those

what

Do I have to go back all over again (so soon)? Is there a whole building I missed? I thought it was, like, a weird specialty dealership sort of thing

It has (had?) a less-that-prepared bit behind the fancy display place. Looking through my pictures I found these from June 2018:

And this "car" which I thought was in the back warehouse place but was actually out front:

No prototypes of any Rivoltas specifically, those were all out front.

and of course that one:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Finally got a photo of this thing which has been in the local area for a while.

I love the curtains, classy as hell.

Some other photos from the day

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Where can one follow this project?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Having lived in Brexitannia, I can't imagine trying to drive one of those things there. Shows how thin-to-nonexistent the line between awesomeness and madness is.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Here is a VL Commodore with an RB30 and three compound turbos (Skip to 15:30 to see the cool burnout, rest of the video is just the dudes giggling whenever they rev the thing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEqZsBJv6NM

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Here is a VL Commodore with an RB30 and three compound turbos (Skip to 15:30 to see the cool burnout, rest of the video is just the dudes giggling whenever they rev the thing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEqZsBJv6NM

What's the fire under the car during the burnout when it backfires out the top?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Hah I didn't notice that, it's at 16:14 for those wondering. I think something broke because it stops backfiring out the top after the flash at the bottom. You can also see chunks of something flying out the side.

Edit: I think it's the waste gate possibly failing, they talk about it earlier in the vid.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 17, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

KakerMix posted:

It has (had?) a less-that-prepared bit behind the fancy display place. Looking through my pictures I found these from June 2018:

Sweet, I guess I should go back there and see what it takes for them to let me into the secret room.

I asked the lady whether the museum still has a relationship with the Rivolta family, she said yeah they come in from time to time to look at their cars. I know I sure would

Apparently the guy is mainly into weird ridiculo power boats nowadays, but I have to imagine he's got a vested interest in keeping that museum open/funded since it's his biggest showroom in a way.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 17, 2023

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Data Graham posted:

Sweet, I guess I should go back there and see what it takes for them to let me into the secret room.

I asked the lady whether the museum still has a relationship with the Rivolta family, she said yeah they come in from time to time to look at their cars. I know I sure would

Apparently the guy is mainly into weird ridiculo power boats nowadays, but I have to imagine he's got a vested interest in keeping that museum open/funded since it's his biggest showroom in a way.

Wait which museum is this?
Nearest is the Lakeland motor museum and yeah that's still going strong. Never heard of a secret room though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh whoops, quoted the wrong post. Edited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KakerMix posted:

“Intense emotional appeal.”

:pwn: