Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
Bridge fell down. Like a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Mr. Sunshine posted:

anime is blood
and blood is good

You need blood to live!

So maybe anime isn't blood, but more like, I dunno, mucus? Bile?

it's phlegm op.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Russia DMCA'd the video

They must be unhappy. Are they realistic? they invaded a country, best they can happen is some of "their" stuff to break/gets destroyed. Is like somebody offender for getting a punch after starting a bar fight.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

In a year or so tankies will be claiming that there never was a war and Russia never sent a single soldier to Ukraine

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Tei posted:

Russia DMCA'd the video

They must be unhappy. Are they realistic? they invaded a country, best they can happen is some of "their" stuff to break/gets destroyed. Is like somebody offender for getting a punch after starting a bar fight.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1681049950778540033

Author will put on twitter soonish. They usually do anyway

e - it's already uploaded

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1681049950778540033

Author will put on twitter soonish. They usually do anyway

e - it's already uploaded

Skabeyeva:
"It's not about getting emotional and striking indiscriminately."

:thunk:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

In a year or so tankies will be claiming that there never was a war and Russia never sent a single soldier to Ukraine

It wasn’t a war though. It was an operation. Wrap it up Ukrailures. :smug:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Different view

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sonic could run across that no problem

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shinjobi posted:

Sonic could run across that no problem
What about Goku?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Lurch Bridge

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A Blyat too far

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

surely they can just go lift that bit up and bolt it back to the next span?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
putin said it will back online in September

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Deformed Church posted:

Dump a bunch of dirt on the hangy-down part to make a new surface that's level with the rest of the road, then drive over that.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Deformed Church posted:

That or lower the pillars.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

It really depends, if you want the bridge to look ok for propoganda: yes. If you want the bridge to be safe: no.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Tai posted:

putin said it will back online in September

Didn't he read the StratCom tweet? It's storm season!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Deformed Church posted:

there's a lot of work in today's Russia for people who think like this

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Powered Descent posted:

Dump a bunch of dirt on the hangy-down part to make a new surface that's level with the rest of the road, then drive over that.

You could also put a bunch of weights on the normal part until it lines up with the hangy down part!

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

It really depends, if you want the bridge to look ok for propoganda: yes. If you want the bridge to be safe: no.

So we know what's going to happen to the bridge then :haw:

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Is there a reason they hit the car bridge and not the rail bridge? Ruining vacations is fine but all the materiel is going via train.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

the popes toes posted:

Different view

Water drainage has been drastically improved, chalk up another win for Russian industry

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Joke Miriam posted:

Is there a reason they hit the car bridge and not the rail bridge? Ruining vacations is fine but all the materiel is going via train.

could've just been a miss. alternately I think the rail bridge is considerably higher than the road span overall because it requires shallower grades, so it might be harder to damage with marine drones.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

You know you'd think if Ukraine actually wanted to genocide Russians they'd just bomb the tourist convoy.

I wonder why they aren't...hmmm.

Maybe the tankies are wrong about who the Nazis are because I. Fairly certain Russia would be bombing a civilian convoy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Joke Miriam posted:

The Kerch bridge is not just a strategic target, it's a giant gently caress you from Russia to Ukraine so destroying the road section is as much political as it is strategic

I doubt the rail section will remain untargeted for long TBH

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

Water drainage has been drastically improved, chalk up another win for Russian industry

So few understand this

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I don't know why any of you Western Nazis are calling it a bridge it's always been a dam the Kerch dam!!!!

There has never been civilian traffic allowed over the dam.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Joke Miriam posted:

Not sure what part of the span was hit, but the rail bridge seems to be much higher above the water than the car bridge:

If it was a water drone underneath that exploded, the rail span would be a much harder target.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just need a few storm shadow hits on the rail bridge now

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

It annoys me that all the other countries are getting all the brownie points for their cruise missiles (joking). Does Ukraine not have a launch platform for Tomahawks?

But as this was naval drones, this video implies they still have eyes on this bridge via the storm shadow route.

https://twitter.com/StratCom_AFU/status/1675766222720253952?t=PaQu7exeSQ6cC7bTbDhnmw&s=19

cr0y fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 18, 2023

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The Kerch bridge is not just a strategic target, it's a giant gently caress you from Russia to Ukraine so destroying the road section is as much political as it is strategic

I doubt the rail section will remain untargeted for long TBH

I beg to differ that it's not a strategic target, it's a major component of russian logistics for the kherson oblast front.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1681061548784078849#m
gently caress off with your impotent squeaking, nobody believes you except for useful idiots

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

cr0y posted:

It annoys me that all the other countries are getting all the brownie points for their cruise missiles (joking). Does Ukraine not have a launch platform for Tomahawks?

Current Tomahawks are ship-launched only. The US Army is developing a land-based launch platform for them (that will also work for anything else that will fit in an Aegis VLS, like Standard SAMs or Sea Sparrows) but it's not in service yet.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1681061548784078849#m
gently caress off with your impotent squeaking, nobody believes you except for useful idiots

SAS, SBS and Pathfinders went in and killed a bunch of civis

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Doccers posted:

I beg to differ that it's not a strategic target, it's a major component of russian logistics for the kherson oblast front.

Umm.... I said it was a strategic target? In this case it's also a prestige / political one as well.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
A Bridge Too Close

Putin said civilians were killed? Is that true?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Vaginaface posted:

A Bridge Too Close

One car was hit. Mother and father killed, 14-year-old daughter injured. From Belgorod, vacationing in Crimea.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jul/17/explosions-reportedly-hit-crimeas-kerch-bridge-as-russia-cites-emergency-situation

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Vaginaface posted:

A Bridge Too Close

e:f,b. iirc Kerch Round 1 killed a few too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Tai posted:

SAS, SBS and Pathfinders went in and killed a bunch of civis

did they find a bunch of drop radios?