Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I will not watch this, but I will be curious as to how they cover the AEW time. Will it just be one small section of "went to the indies and yadda yadda yadda"?

They're gonna lump his entire ROH/NJPW/AEW runs into a generic "This was the lowest point of my life" segment and then there'll be a dramatic sting where he goes "...and that's when I got the call I'd been waiting for all those years" and trumpets blare as it cuts to him pointing at the WrestleMania Sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I will not watch this

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ganso Bomb posted:

I will not watch this, but I will be curious as to how they cover the AEW time. Will it just be one small section of "went to the indies and yadda yadda yadda"?

How can they make a doc about him becoming the American Nightmare, when none of it happened in WWE?

They literally made the guy a jobber, Cody asked for his release, he was gone for 6 years and made a huge name for himself, then Vince wanted him back. lmao.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Fightful:

Before Eric Young quit, and before Bray was gone for illness reasons, there were plans for a new Wyatt Family to be made after Mania with Bray, Eric, Alexa, and Bo
Also before firing Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis in 2020, there were plans for Mike to perform as Sister Abigail

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Good thing they fired that guy! Wyatt family is in a much better place now.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Vince and Paul probably pissed their pants laughing pitching Mike Bennett as Sister Abigail

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bayley’s knee injury appeared to be non contact which is uhhh no bueno

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/1680763517698285569

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That's just the uncomparable results you get when you train at the World Famous WWE Performance Center.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Poor Bayley has had a really rough last couple of years

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Fightful:

Before Eric Young quit, and before Bray was gone for illness reasons, there were plans for a new Wyatt Family to be made after Mania with Bray, Eric, Alexa, and Bo
Also before firing Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis in 2020, there were plans for Mike to perform as Sister Abigail

Hmm. I don't think we need 2 hot girls and 2 charisma limited lower card guys to be in the family.

Alexa, and Eric Young as a weirdo Sister Abigail could have been cool if he was just same weird violent Eric Young and not just him in a dress or something.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are you counting Bo as one of the hot girls?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per PWInsider:

Brian Pillman Jr was brought in for a tryout over the last few days
Nick Aldis has been discussed to be hired recently, including as a producer

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

mooseinfants posted:

Poor Bayley has had a really rough last couple of years

She's definitely someone I wish would get free of the Fed and have a run in AEW

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pinche Rudo posted:

Bayley’s knee injury appeared to be non contact which is uhhh no bueno

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/1680763517698285569

This wouldn't have happened if WWE had a Performance Center

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Man. The drop-down has been super effective in pro wrestling lately.

:(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno if that really counts as non contact, but yeah that looks bad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not a sports medicine guy why is it being non contact worse

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

projecthalaxy posted:

At a guess it's probably because it's like a "Vince tearing his quads/Nash's calf muscle rolling up like a window shade" sort of injury that indicates a more serious problem, because normally muscles and ligaments shouldn't just tear. IANAD, though, so that's just speculation on my part.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Contact most of the time means you broke something. Non-contact most of the time means you blew out your whole knee. Both can still occur via the other method (you can still shred your leg via contact, for example), but traditionally whenever someone in sports shreds their ACL non-contact you immediately know their year is over

It's also why it's not reassuring necessarily to hear they were able to walk it off. You can still walk with an ACL tear, especially coming off adrenaline like when you're in the middle of participating in a sport when the tear occurs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's another aspect. if someone landed on a person's leg and caused them to move in a way that tore a ligament, that's still not as concerning as if they had strained their body and did it solo, or in a common attempt to avoid contact. why? when that injury heals, they will have to continue straining their body the same way, all the time. "try not to let somebody land on me awkwardly" is a whole different game from that. the injury may or may not be slightly more likely to re-occur but it's already happened before. that's something that can greatly affect their work or make them consider retirement. i made this bull poo poo up from bad rear end smart sense. D-Generation X

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

There are four major ligaments in the knee, ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL. Say the ball joint nearest the knee is pushed behind the ligaments taking the place of the first. Legs work the same way.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Someone get her in touch with Kris Statlander’s knee replacement people

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The knee is the worst joint

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

That DICK! posted:

There are four major ligaments in the knee, ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL. Say the ball joint nearest the knee is pushed behind the ligaments taking the place of the first. Legs work the same way.

lol nice

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RandolphCarter posted:

The knee is the worst joint

Knees are evil traitorous bastards who can not be trusted under any circumstances.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
When my players on Football Manager get a cruciate ligament injury it's usually the end of their career. However, my medical staff is often barely qualified to treat a sprained ankle. Maybe WWE has special cruciate ligament repair juice.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

apophenium posted:

When my players on Football Manager get a cruciate ligament injury it's usually the end of their career. However, my medical staff is often barely qualified to treat a sprained ankle. Maybe WWE has special cruciate ligament repair juice.

They destroy knees, not fix them

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sword spray...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

apophenium posted:

they have enough knee juice for rey mysterio and no one else

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

zetamind2000 posted:

they have enough knee juice for rey mysterio and no one else

Didn't Rey get his own knee juice?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They just use knee ligaments from all the Seth clones they made back in the day when Seth would die each week on TV.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Fightful:

that stable sounds sweet not the mike part

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Majinfoose posted:

Didn't Rey get his own knee juice?

He got platelet-rich plasma therapy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

American Alpha got to show off a little

https://twitter.com/_PWChronicle/status/1681115722750259200

https://twitter.com/_PWChronicle/status/1681116994203164672

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
that poo poo looks cool

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
was that a viking experience themed match or something

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Seams posted:

was that a viking experience themed match or something

Yeah it was "Viking Rules" which was basically "no rules" but they decorated it with Viking stuff

It was a really fun match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That match looks like it ruled. But why would they put the shields on the hard cam side to block the view??

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

That match looks like it ruled. But why would they put the shields on the hard cam side to block the view??

gently caress the fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God I would give anything to see Chad Gable in AEW