Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The cowards just went with Encarnacion.

https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1681003023974236161?t=b_Qh9LUngiuhORMDBiF3jg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lammmeeeee

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Who remembers Jarrod Saltalamacchia?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
personally I think Cashman is killing it and should be given a lifetime contract

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Jeff Passan, 60 day-IL (trees)

also, as someone that is the recipient of a tree branch falling on them during a storm it sucks, and until someone else can pull the branch off you, it sucks even worse than you think it does

cowards

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 17, 2023

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Blind Pineapple posted:

The only time I think about him is when something like this happens. What a bust.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Even with the shortened version, that is still a huge nametag

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

It’s that Reds jersey/font that makes it look big, compare to Edwin Encarnacion in Toronto or Cleveland:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Someone please do the needful and trade Simeon Woods Richardson to the Reds.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

maffew buildings posted:

personally I think Cashman is killing it and should be given a lifetime contract

He basically has one

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

maffew buildings posted:

I'm convinced he can't get fired or something, because he is the one that constructed this roster and he should have to live with these results

TBH the Yankees are hanging in longer than I would have guessed considering how awful that offense is right now

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm convinced he can't get fired or something, because he is the one that constructed this roster and he should have to live with these results

TBH the Yankees are hanging in longer than I would have guessed considering how awful that offense is right now

The pitching, especially bullpen, has been legit pretty good most of the year. This helps with the offense being trash but now when the bullpen is imploding its really showing the soft underbelly of the roster.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Christian Encarnacion-Stranded at third

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oh cool another guy Ross can play instead of Amaya.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bawfuls posted:

It’s that Reds jersey/font that makes it look big, compare to Edwin Encarnacion in Toronto or Cleveland:

Even Edwin's name when he was in cincy didn't look like that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1681016101549817857

unrelated: the Twins need to put Buxton on the IL with a made up injury or something because the dude cannot hit at all right now and people who can are being forced to sit because he's taking up the DH slot.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The Nats have a lot of kerning on their jerseys and Dee Strange-Gordon's featured a pretty big horseshoe last year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Do not even ask posted:

I wonder if the Cubs would be interested in trading Stroman for the Jays' slightly used Mitch White. It's totally a fair and balanced trade!

Do they have some 32 year old who has been hovering between AAA and the majors for the last 7 years that you can send instead? Those guys fuel Jed Hoyer.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

unrelated: the Twins need to put Buxton on the IL with a made up injury or something because the dude cannot hit at all right now and people who can are being forced to sit because he's taking up the DH slot.

I wish he could play the field. He's already said how much full-time DH fucks with his head. He needs time off to fully recuperate his knee or have surgery or whatever it is that is supposedly wrong with his leg that keeps him out of the outfield.

If we can't have a GG defender nor a quality DH something needs to happen. I love the dude but he's absolutely a disaster. Correa seems to be pulling out of his funk, but Buck is arguable the worst he's ever been.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/wizkhalifa/status/1681038286389690369

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
What are the chances the universe gives us another 50 Cent moment?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

That bat is going to be burnt to a crisp by a Roger Clemens fastball at the employee softball game.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Blind Pineapple posted:

At one time, Jason Isringhausen vs. William Vanlandingham was the longest pitcher letter matchup ever.

fakeedit: It hasn't been broken. I have been apparently holding on to useless baseball trivia since 1996.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Blind Pineapple posted:

I immediately thought of Salty. What could have been

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/fsmikey/status/1681050089098207234?s=20

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

GO BUCCOS

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Gone already what did it say

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

At some point this man absolutely said "News is comin' over, gotta put on the good Cutch shirt."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

camoseven posted:

Gone already what did it say

For some reason it is not embedding but you can still click it, it's a very Pittsburgh man in a cutch shirt telling the local news about nearly being struck by lightning in his own home.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Pittsburgh Dad has some competition now. That dude absolutely needs to strike while iron is hot.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The A's have been swept 13 times this season

is that good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well at least august and september cub tickets will be cheap

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

RC and Moon Pie posted:

William Vanlandingham

The third, my dear boy….

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

well at least august and september cub tickets will be cheap

will they though?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Aww, man.

Well, at least we had some late-game fightback! And it's the Mariners so I can't be too upset.

Gonna take these next two though.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

Tucker Barnhart is about to be optioned, I'd assume. He's been really bad for the Cubs.

This is the DBacks selling a minor league 3/4th catcher in the farm for cash. Whatever.

Hope the Diamondbacks try to get a pitcher. I don't even mean a top rotation player, they need back end players.

I don't think they're all in nor should they be for this team yet.

I feel like these are the kind of deals that get done between assisstant GMs at the All Star Game. It's just little adjustments with possibly no indication of what's really to come.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Blind Pineapple posted:

He was the baseballer that looked the most like a hockey player.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Blind Pineapple posted:

He will forever remind me of this video

https://youtu.be/lKY5fmDGVLs

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1681016101549817857

the Twins suck poo poo and should be nowhere near the playoffs so they should just shut him down now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Peggy Edson posted:

the Twins Buxton suck(s) poo poo (right now). and They should be nowhere near in the playoffs so they should just shut him down now for a while to figure his poo poo out.

The Twins still have the best pitching in the AL.

Of the 10 qualified hitters they have, THREE are above 100 OPS+, and Buxton somehowisn't even the worst of those who are below.

They've pretty consistently been one of the best-hitting teams in the AL until this year. They SHOULD be winning the Central, but a lot more handily than they currently are. It's ain't just Buxton, but having him even 90% would be better than... whatever is happening now.