Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Khablam posted:

Oh I absolutely understand the point your side is trying to make it's just so loving stupid it required no rebuttal beyond lmao no
Drive around at the back of the grid for less money, with no clear route for progression, no chance at any accolades in the sport, for a team owned by a god-drat VC firm.
Just galaxy brain choices.

The reason you're dunking on yourself is the insistence there's no value in being paid a whole lot more money to race at the front and pick up sporting accolades.

To then in your very next post opine on Bottas' success ... running around as a #2 with a pretty pay packet and picking up sporting accolades.

You know that cliche video edit where someone is saying "the world is flat there's just no way there's a bunch of satellites up there?" and the camera just slowly zooms in on the GPS navigation they have up?
Well we're really zooming in on your own posts explaining exactly why he should be doing the thing you say he shouldn't be doing.

You keep bringing up Bottas but it's the dumbest loving example possible since he can't shut the gently caress up about how much happier he is now that he's not at Mercedes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
never realized how pathetic the f1 twitter bio comes off as

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

bgreman posted:

Former F2/F3 driver Christian Lundgaard just won his first IndyCar race at the Toronto street circuit (which, like almost all the IndyCar street circuits, looks awful). Big John did not finish but I didn't see what happened.

https://twitter.com/cedrikblondin/status/1680655886585307136?s=46&t=JzmtHOOLewES2sU1Ge5Mmw

He forgot to turn

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
Did Max say the gamer word or not?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

aluminumonkey posted:

Did Max say the gamer word or not?

he said it in dutch so there were like 7 O's in it and nobody knew

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sunk Dunk posted:

drat there was a crazy crash in formula e - everyone is OK though
That's a good summary of the history of Formula E
"drat that crash was insane"
"everybody ok though"
"cause formula e so slow"

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

aledesma posted:

what if the gap does not really exists and is just a mirage…

This was basically Alonso's team hopping experience until Aston Martin, right?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

bgreman posted:

Former F2/F3 driver Christian Lundgaard just won his first IndyCar race at the Toronto street circuit (which, like almost all the IndyCar street circuits, looks awful). Big John did not finish but I didn't see what happened.

he crashed

(i haven't seen it, but its a good bet that grosjean crashed in the dumbest way possible)

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The steering wheel slipped out of his crispy fried hands.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The shade...

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1680557261117181952?s=20

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gordon ramsay has entered the chat

https://twitter.com/hexclad/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
What if I want the Haas of pans?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Charles Leclerc posted:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Oh look another top chef uses non-stick pans can't wait to hear the ACKSHUALLY from the cast iron people

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

actually i would simply buy an air fryer

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Khablam posted:

Oh look another top chef uses non-stick pans can't wait to hear the ACKSHUALLY from the cast iron people

You have to season them properly so they work right, obviously.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I wonder how much hex clad is in Ramsey's commercial kitchens rather than, oh, i don't know, stainless steel.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Are you still waiting for this

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it's loving RACE WEEK

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sunk Dunk posted:

never realized how pathetic the f1 twitter bio comes off as

Have they heard of baseball?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
every time im in between two walls i do that george russel pose from the intro

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Just don't do his one from Singapore.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

Why would you want them all burned?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I made cornbread in my cast iron pan yesterday ama.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sab0921 posted:

I made cornbread in my cast iron pan yesterday ama.

how was it?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Cornbread is delicious

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Khablam posted:

Couldn't possibly be HexClad paid a celebrity chef for a product endorsement.

(I have no actual horse in this pan fight, we use a non-stick that I praise every time I wash it until the day it inevitably becomes a non-non-stick pan).

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

lol

also lol the guy here saying goodwood won't change anything until someone dies - several people have been killed there including a marshall. Motorsport be dangerous. If it's any consolation, last time I was there the area near where that wheel came off was a Veuve Clicquot champagne bar so it probably only hit some very rich white people.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Radiohead71 posted:

I went to Canada in 2019 and had a great time. If I remember correctly I got my tickets from the main F1 site. Went all 4 days. Thursday was the grid walk and I was lucky enough to get 19 of the the 20 driver autographs. I think it was the first 200 people in were able to go to the autograph section. McLaren stayed at my hotel in downtown Montreal, so every time I got in the elevator I saw orange shirts. Met Carlos in the gym upstairs and he was very nice. Met the other driver in the lobby and he was a douche. Was glad when he DNF'd that day. Karma. Section 11 was the most sought after and then 12 so try to get those when available. I stayed in section 24 Lance Stroll all weekend. If I could do anything differently, I would have tried to get tickets in different sections for different days. My seat was fine but I saw the same view all weekend.

Looks like the tickets are live now, don't wait. https://tickets.formula1.com/en/f1-3215-canada

also thanks Radiohead71 for the info. According to https://www.gpcanada.ca/billets2024/, which seems to be the official promotors' website?,

quote:

The official Grandstand and General Admission ticket sale for the 2024 Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix starts on Wednesday July 26th, 2023 at 10 AM.

Is there a public pitlane walk at any point or do you have to pay a million canadabucks for an Official 'Aramco F1 Experience' package to do that?

There are like two specific points where i would want to watch outside the grandstand, can you get anywhere near the last chicane on a general admission ticket?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

FAUXTON posted:

how was it?

It was great. My secret ingredient is passion.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sab0921 posted:

It was great. My secret ingredient is passion.

nice, glad it worked out for you even if the team can't get anything right

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

nice, glad it worked out for you even if the team can't get anything right

The kitchen caught on fire, I did not put it in the oven in time and my children were left crying.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What's your cornbread recipe

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sab0921 posted:

The kitchen caught on fire, I did not put it in the oven in time and my children were left crying.

poor Mick

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

ilmucche posted:

passione, corn and bread

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the non stick surface on my air fryer is delaminating so im considering getting a slightly better air fryer

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Plan C

confirm?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

the non stick surface on my air fryer is delaminating so im considering getting a slightly better air fryer

have you considered the G3FERRARI

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I wish we could goldmine specific pages, 362 was the epitome of this thread, there need be no more posting, it's all there. Thread title thoroughly deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I think sometimes you can use one type of pan for something, then a different type of pan for another thing