Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Waffle! posted:

If you like plastic dolls, there's an E.M.M.I. Figma up for preorder.

This looks sick but I'm a bit sad Raven Beak never gets featured in the merch (even though he's the actual villain of the game) because those robots take all the attention :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Got just dance 2023 for $15 on prime day. Family is enjoying it, but how the heck does it work? One song I can just do the hand movements and do great, then the next that gets me nothing

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

trevorreznik posted:

Got just dance 2023 for $15 on prime day. Family is enjoying it, but how the heck does it work? One song I can just do the hand movements and do great, then the next that gets me nothing

Groove issue

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

Might I direct you to the title of the game? Should answer all your questions.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stand up you lazy fuc

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

trevorreznik posted:

It just makes it all up, it's random

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Did you try putting on your red shoes and dancing the blues?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Help I can't stop exploring and picking up stuff and finding everything in Xenoblade 3 instead of actually moving any plot forward

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Help I can't stop exploring and picking up stuff and finding everything in Xenoblade 3 instead of actually moving any plot forward

playing as intended

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It just makes it all up, it's random

I'm guessing that it's because I went from a right hand joycon held in my right hand to a left hand one in my left hand. And that it was NOT that I was better at dancing to Taylor Swift than to MC Hammer. Far from it!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

trevorreznik posted:

I'm guessing that it's because I went from a right hand joycon held in my right hand to a left hand one in my left hand. And that it was NOT that I was better at dancing to Taylor Swift than to MC Hammer. Far from it!

Sounds like you might be 2 Legit 2 Quit then.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Morpheus posted:

I wish I could forget my play through of Xenoblade 3 and play it for the first time all over again.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

trevorreznik posted:

As impressive as Swift's stage presence is, Hammer is the better dancer by a mile. It's not your fault.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/ask-the-developer-vol-10-pikmin-4-part-1/

Interesting dev interview on the early development of Pikmin. Great early concept art we’ve never seen before.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but some of us old folks stopped emulating at the SNES and anything after is scary and weird.

I'm an old folk and very stupid, later emulation only requires a couple extra steps depending on the console.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is there any reason to get Pikmin 1+2 if I have access to them on GameCube that’s modded to look nice on my HDTV, and if I got them on Switch I’d play mostly docked? I’m down to purchase it and play if they’ve improved controls or something, but if there’s no real reason I will play these GameCube copies I never got around to instead.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/ask-the-developer-vol-10-pikmin-4-part-1/

Interesting dev interview on the early development of Pikmin. Great early concept art we’ve never seen before.
Oh wow, I love that darker Pikmin look. Those sketches are beautiful.

Inspiration for the game apparently included Tim Burton and Richard Dawkins. Lol.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Agrias120 posted:

Is there any reason to get Pikmin 1+2 if I have access to them on GameCube that’s modded to look nice on my HDTV, and if I got them on Switch I’d play mostly docked? I’m down to purchase it and play if they’ve improved controls or something, but if there’s no real reason I will play these GameCube copies I never got around to instead.

It does have some improved controls and in Pikmin 1 much better bomb rock logic

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Agrias120 posted:

https://www.play-asia.com/pikmin-12--multi-language/13/70g9v3
Because you can...

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

Optional motion controls for aiming and native 16:9 support are the main reasons, and I have to imagine everything is a lot clearer on Switch when zoomed out all the way due to the increased resolution no matter how you have your GC modded. I think the games look surprisingly good still on Switch as long as you are at the maximum zoom level.

That said, the GC versions are still fine. There is something to be said for playing games in their original forms with the original controllers.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Agrias120 posted:

they made bomb rock Pikmin less suicidal in the first game

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
n64 controller came in the mail

as someone who never owned an n64: its not as bad as i assumed, but also, it's still kind of weird. the 6 face buttons thing is nice though, wish that had stuck around

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

n64 controller came in the mail

as someone who never owned an n64: its not as bad as i assumed, but also, it's still kind of weird. the 6 face buttons thing is nice though, wish that had stuck around

I think the n64 controller is best described as "Recognizing that thumb joysticks are the future of video gaming, but not quite understanding how"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Agrias120 posted:

the right stick controls the camera and you switch to commanding pikmin when holding L, helps things feel a bit more modern

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

CainFortea posted:

I think the n64 controller is best described as "Recognizing that thumb joysticks are the future of video gaming, but not quite understanding how"

Maybe it was purely a cost thing, but it's a little weird that they clearly recognised the need for a second stick primarily for camera control, but instead went for 4 separate directional buttons rather than a second stick or even an another d-pad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
C-buttons are superior to a second stick specifically in the realm of FPS.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i love every n64 game that doesn't use c buttons for camera control

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Looper posted:

i love every n64 game that doesn't use c buttons for camera control

Sorry, after playing Ocarina of Time on 3DS, trying to play without any camera controls on the original is just painful.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
N64 is the awkward teenage years of 3D games. No matter how good a game is on it, like Mario 64, I can’t play for more than a few minutes without getting a headache from the terrible, terrible camera. But they had to learn somewhere.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't recall OOT3D having any more camera control, unless you're counting the gyro aiming.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HPanda posted:

N64 is the awkward teenage years of 3D games. No matter how good a game is on it, like Mario 64, I can’t play for more than a few minutes without getting a headache from the terrible, terrible camera. But they had to learn somewhere.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Perfect Dark had excellent C Button usage

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Eye 64 speedruns have some absolutely insane use of the c-buttons.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I had any game that used the d-pad. And only 1 that ever used the L button. I also remember that it eventually felt weird to hold it without the weight of a rumble pack in there. What a weird controller.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Motto posted:

I don't recall OOT3D having any more camera control, unless you're counting the gyro aiming.

Oh wait yeah that was added in Majoras Mask 3D

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Hrist posted:

I don't think I had any game that used the d-pad. And only 1 that ever used the L button. I also remember that it eventually felt weird to hold it without the weight of a rumble pack in there. What a weird controller.

All of the good N64 wrestling games used the D-pad and it ruled

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mario 64's camera never really gave me issues but the camera controls in Majora's Mask are loving painful

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
spoiled children...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Games should bring back playing sound effects when moving the camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

First time I’ve seen “not getting a headache” described as a skill, but sure.