Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Will never understand why people get upset when 'Guy with clear focus and attention throughout the story' beats 'dude that just showed up'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Will never understand why people get upset when 'Guy with clear focus and attention throughout the story' beats 'dude that just showed up'.
Nobody likes a fight that can be summarized as 'wasted potential' much less in a story where the main driving force is the fights.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

We need more chapters where Valkerie lady makes Helsing faces.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mordja posted:

Why is the page so small?

Well, here's a better quality version.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

it's been pretty funny how much the Greek Pantheon gets overrepresented considering they have the worst track record so far

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Tenkaichi
If Hanzo manages to pull out a fat W by taking Kojiro for a ride on the ruse cruise I'll be surprised. Things are looking up here but I'm not getting too excited just yet.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looks like a clean win from Hanzo but I guess it could be changed to a glancing blow next chapter.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Please let this chapter be true 🙏

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'd be shocked if Kojiro's obsession with Musashi doesn't go anywhere, but Hanzo is way cooler than Kojiro so I'm all for that outcome. Maybe in his final moments Kojiro will just realize that it's because Musashi looks like Kuro and he's always cared about Kuro deep down despite everything, yadda yadda.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

finally some new kiichi after 10 weeks, with 10 weeks worth of chapters

https://mangadex.org/chapter/297b88c2-6e61-41dd-810b-3bd02cb9229b

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, I can finally contribute something to the thread

New Record of Ragnarok, chapter 79

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I appreciate Thermopylae being depicted as an inspirational event as opposed to any sort of military victory.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
New Fable volume dropped. poo poo's getting real, starting to be afraid for my boys, Yuukari you sweet foolish fool.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

ugusername posted:

New Fable volume dropped. poo poo's getting real, starting to be afraid for my boys, Yuukari you sweet foolish fool.

I am so scared for the boys :ohdear:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

because it's a lot more fun when Vegeta loses to the new villain

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there are a couple new chapters of Bard Loen

this panel sequence made me fist pump and go gently caress YEAH. pretty big spoilers for Bard Loen, I suppose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's a new chapter of My Wife Has No Emotion

it seems they're getting back on track for the series after COMPLETELY derailing from the premise to follow literal space aliens that are an upside-down humanoid head with tentacles??????? but now we're back to robots like it should be

loving love this series, one of the best depictions imo of a setting where we're right on the cusp of full blown androids with rights, but not quite. the recent chapters have been a bit all over the place, but I feel like this one's getting back on track. like how you've got this psycho setting up a mass terrorist bombing using robots to prove that robots are bad, conveniently avoiding that humans have done the exact same things, and this attack itself is the work of him, a human, and not the robots he has taken control of

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

tetsuya saruwatari's wrestling manga lock up is finally getting translated again

https://mangadex.org/title/8c74efe5-2425-4036-b036-1e77b79dbd1a/lock-up

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Under Ninja 68: holy gently caress :gibs: https://mangadex.org/chapter/89f23693-362e-4bb7-b94c-f47cd76648f5

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

That's right :cool:

I really want this arc to be what the anime ends on, it would be the funniest thing in the world.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:drat:
Taking bets on whether this is some brain shenanigans or will lead to brain shenanigans.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Record of Ragnarok Chapter 80. Apollo is an idiot!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This chapter dredged up my issue that there were no American historical figures in the roster. This would have 100% been a great time to bring out Muhammad Ali and have a fakeout opening where it seems Apollo is just going to range out Ali who is able to avoid ranged attacks with his impressive footwork; only for the crowd to call him out and he decides to make a ring for some good old fashion boxing.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Only a few chapters left of azumi and I’ve gotta say, it’s ending with way less bandit death than I was expecting

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Only a few chapters left of azumi and I’ve gotta say, it’s ending with way less bandit death than I was expecting

I've gotta catch up with that

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Brought To You By posted:

This chapter dredged up my issue that there were no American historical figures in the roster. This would have 100% been a great time to bring out Muhammad Ali and have a fakeout opening where it seems Apollo is just going to range out Ali who is able to avoid ranged attacks with his impressive footwork; only for the crowd to call him out and he decides to make a ring for some good old fashion boxing.
Nikola Tesla was in it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nikola Tesla was in it.

Isn't he Austrian but emigrated to the US?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Brought To You By posted:

Isn't he Austrian but emigrated to the US?

Serbian, and yeah he didn't move to the US until he was almost 30.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tesla is American enough for me.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Begemot posted:

Serbian, and yeah he didn't move to the US until he was almost 30.

America is a country of immigrants so I'd say it counts.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I've been reading Under Ninja and it's just new Gantz , down to copious amount of CG/3D models. I love it so much

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scallop Eyes posted:

I've been reading Under Ninja and it's just new Gantz , down to copious amount of CG/3D models. I love it so much

It's pretty fun in just how absolutely committed it's to take its ridiculousness seriously while also being tongue-in-cheek about it.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I saw that it's been mentioned before in the thread: To you the immortal / To your eternity.
How on earth did the series throw itself off a cliff as hard as it did? I've been reading it recently, enjoyed the siege... and now I really dislike the series.

So it timeskips up to modern Japan? Fine, I guess, curious to see what it'll do there.
Oh, it focuses on mostly highschoolers, alright.
Ah, they have to go to the high school now too, of course.
Wait why is there so much screen time dedicated to some creepy loving step-brother and sister pedophilia poo poo? Why is that the loving focus of 'people noticing that people around them are changing.'?

How did the series take such a loving sharp turn and decline? Does it course correct at all?
Over the course of a couple chapters it burned through any goodwill I had, and is incredibly goddamn slow at setting up what's going to happen onwards.
Feels very 'Author intended to end series, is now continuing it out of spite.'.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

SubNat posted:

I saw that it's been mentioned before in the thread: To you the immortal / To your eternity.
How on earth did the series throw itself off a cliff as hard as it did? I've been reading it recently, enjoyed the siege... and now I really dislike the series.

So it timeskips up to modern Japan? Fine, I guess, curious to see what it'll do there.
Oh, it focuses on mostly highschoolers, alright.
Ah, they have to go to the high school now too, of course.
Wait why is there so much screen time dedicated to some creepy loving step-brother and sister pedophilia poo poo? Why is that the loving focus of 'people noticing that people around them are changing.'?

How did the series take such a loving sharp turn and decline? Does it course correct at all?
Over the course of a couple chapters it burned through any goodwill I had, and is incredibly goddamn slow at setting up what's going to happen onwards.
Feels very 'Author intended to end series, is now continuing it out of spite.'.

Glad you wrote this tbh. I didn't really like the siege arc and kinda stopped reading then waiting to get back to it after things moved on. To know this is how it moved on... well ok, it was fun for a bit, prob never going back to reading that one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah the scans I was following dried up around the time that started. DIDN'T FEEL much impetus to seek out more cause jesus

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i check in on it every so often. it's moved past the modern day arc and is now in a dystopian future based on social credit.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i check in on it every so often. it's moved past the modern day arc and is now in a dystopian future based on social credit.

Huh. This reminds that the author wrote the manga version of Murdock Scrambler which was REALLY messed future dystopian stuff. I wonder if it's going for a prequel or reference to that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Honestly it all just started to feel like a much shittier version of Dead Dead Demon's, vibewise

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Heavenly Delusion, a very exposition-heavy one. Lots of answers(or at least concrete confirmations of a lot of things).Seems like they're stepping onto the path towards the final arc.

I still think the potential exposition fountain doctor suicide bombing the man-eater basically right after Maru and Kiruko find him was dumb as hell, but ok whatever we still got some explanations from the lady doctor and also picked up a robot(not a robot!!) buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't remember, is nata a character who appeared before? there are a lot of fuckin' characters in this story.