Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh it is the proto-Isekai. Dude is just a guy in a trailer park who loves bacon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5pPxMQJ0Mg

this looks loving sick, I’ve been playing slayers x which successfully channels the spirit of this type of game so I feel emotionally prepared to engage with Nox on the appropriate wavelength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ja3 is great btw, excellent music too: the track that starts playing after you have been in the first village is just gorgeous

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

gotta hand it to bloodlines, I’ve never had a game crash because I press num lock. well played troika :tipshat:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

RandolphCarter posted:

gotta hand it to bloodlines, I’ve never had a game crash because I press num lock. well played troika :tipshat:

the source engine

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/concernedape/status/1681081013538267138?s=21&t=fZWw-qeokOMWWFXG8fpNtQ

hell yeah

concernedape posted:

coming in Stardew Valley 1.6...
-new festival
-new items
-more dialogues
-secrets
-???

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

sebmojo posted:

Ja3 is great btw, excellent music too: the track that starts playing after you have been in the first village is just gorgeous

glad to hear it's good, we all deserve good Jagged Alliance games.

gonna listen to the ost now

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Gex is an isekai

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

802.11weed posted:

Gex is an isekai

by that logic, then bubsy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

TOEJAM AND EARL IS AN ISEKAI

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sorry i got real excited when i realized that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those are all Mario-likes and Mario is an isekai

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Those are all Mario-likes and Mario is an isekai

toejam and earl is famously a roguelike

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

omg. i was just considering playing SV again

i beat Roots of Pacha which was a good SV, but also not quite as good as SV

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Dreylad posted:

glad to hear it's good, we all deserve good Jagged Alliance games.

gonna listen to the ost now

How is he ever going to finish haunted chocolatier if he keeps working on stardew valley!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

one of the bad guys in kaito files sounds like japanese kermit the frog and I can't stop laughing whenever he opens his mouth

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

802.11weed posted:

Gex is an isekai

!!!

Al! posted:

TOEJAM AND EARL IS AN ISEKAI

!!!!!!!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think Monster Sanctuary may be the world's first Marvel Heroesmon game. You can pick a frog as your starter and I named mine Croaku, my plan is to see if I can make a party that does nothing but stacking DoTs and debuffs because this game has a lot of them

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Epic High Five posted:

I think Monster Sanctuary may be the world's first Marvel Heroesmon game. You can pick a frog as your starter and I named mine Croaku, my plan is to see if I can make a party that does nothing but stacking DoTs and debuffs because this game has a lot of them

You definitely can

I picked the lion starter and did a burn stacking team for most of the game (switched to a crit damage team in the last few zones)

damn horror queefs has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Jul 18, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

drat horror queefs posted:

You definitely can

Excellent, it's all very confusing so my plan is to just recruit all the most annoying to fight enemies as I defeat them, letting the crucible of my mediocrity serve to reveal the true warriors

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
There are a lot of different types and synergies so don't worry about finding the right team at first, just use the ones that look cool.

It's also fairly forgiving to level up new monsters. I was changing my units fairly regularly even near the end of the storyline - the variety of viable team compositions is one of the real strong suits of the game.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I underestimated this bird

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think I’m going to have to restart Nioh from scratch, which sucks because you have to do the loving Tower of London again.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think I’m going to have to restart Nioh from scratch, which sucks because you have to do the loving Tower of London again.

ity's not a very good game. play a good game instead. there's 99999 bazillion hours of incredible SSS-tier games

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Xaris posted:

ity's not a very good game. play a good game instead. there's 99999 bazillion hours of incredible SSS-tier games

I need something for when my friend Im co-oping Dark Souls with isn’t available, and I nevergot that far into Nioh.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nonsense posted:

It seemed pretty obvious Saren was a bad guy, kinda like Bowser

The part where the game cuts away from the player's pov to show Saren shooting your ally in the back of the head may have been some clever foreshadowing. Along with all the other subtle hints Bioware snuck in, like scary bad guy music and him having a crazed, angry freakout in a spooky room

Click here to see the rest of our top ten list of easy to miss video game villain foreshadowing

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Good stuff. Give me this and Vampire Survivors co-op plz

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
continuing DS1: lol at random butterfly boss. really stretchin it guys...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
dont tal poo poo about fromsoft giant moths

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
in Jagged Alliance 3 I modded up an RPK74 as a machine gun stealth sniper rifle. Bipod, super scope, the whole deal. I put it on my custom marksman who is an idiot savant shooter. I go to prone right when a mission starts and just stealth kill dudes with eight burst shots directly to the head. then the rest start coming and either they run right at me or Barry blows up their cover while Buns, with a different but also good sniper rifle, shoots any that remain. some other dudes are there too I guess and they overwatch a lot. I just mass disassemble guns and spend all my Operations time making Barry and Livewire craft ammunition for my ridiculous gun from the corpses of broken guns I strip off head-shotted goons

good game 9/10. wish the controller support was better but it does the trick

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The stretching it has only just begun, ds1 gets real stretched towards the end

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

yeah the quality of ds1 drops like a loving rock as soon as the second half of the game begins

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Good stuff. Give me this and Vampire Survivors co-op plz

how would vampire survivors co-op work. why wouldnt you just stand in exactly the same place as one another.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

two fully upgraded garlic dudes...dare I imagine such power...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bitmap posted:

how would vampire survivors co-op work. why wouldnt you just stand in exactly the same place as one another.

It makes sense for the early game where, like, if you had one garlic dude and one throwing-knives dude they'd have different playstyles and could take out different enemies, but in the lategame where you're annihilating everything on the screen at all times it seems kind of pointless

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol battlebit rules i just go medic, prone in some cover near a fight, and hold down 3

im dogshit at shooters so thats my strat until they add icbm subs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan posted:

lol battlebit rules i just go medic, prone in some cover near a fight, and hold down 3

That was also how I played Hell Let Loose

... poo poo, I should play Hell Let Loose again

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hell let loose would’ve been a lot more fun for me if action happened more quickly and enemies were present in an immediate way in regular infantry gameplay. It looks and feels great and when you do actually get into a firefight in an area where you’re using cover and exchanging fire with enemies you can see it’s lots of fun but that like never happens at least compared to Battlebit. not that Battlebit doesn’t have lots of opportunities to slog around in big empty woods and stuff but for some reason I rarely end up having to do that in BB but constantly did in HLL

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So I've basically finished Dave the diver. My thoughts are that it's a good game but the pacing is kind of hosed up; additionally, they should give you GYAO! Immediately when Sato shows up or remove it from the fishdex.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So is Jagged Alliance 2 good to go without any mods? I see a lot of references to vanilla 1.13 and the steam version has shitloads of negative reviews because they rolled it back to a previous one, or something, so I bought the GOG version which seems to be the correct one. Is there a fan patch or whatever that's like 100% necessary or can I just hop in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I need something for when my friend Im co-oping Dark Souls with isn’t available, and I nevergot that far into Nioh.
Stranger. Of. Paradise.