Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Grape posted:

lol yeah let me take "not being obnoxious tourist" advice from a Brit

Are you aware that English is taught and understood in most of Western Europe? Many people, even on these very forums, are nonnative speakers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Every German I’ve ever met speaks better English than I do.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Sänk yu for trävelling wif deutsche bahn.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Policies boomerang by Luo Jie
What's de-risking?

quote:

Li'l Emile does homage to Jane Birkin
"Baby alone in Babylon"
I know the actress, I know she died, I'm guessing that's one of her songs. That said - what???

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Xander77 posted:

What's de-risking?

Current trendy euphemism for decoupling American (and, more broadly, Western) supply chains from China. Also applies to financial institutions scaling back commitments to/relationships with China and Chinese firms.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

BonHair posted:

Are you aware that English is taught and understood in most of Western Europe? Many people, even on these very forums, are nonnative speakers!

I'm sure that's why he made the Brit joke.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Xander77 posted:

I know the actress, I know she died, I'm guessing that's one of her songs. That said - what???

Yeah 'Baby Alone in Babylon' is her hit song. Petit Emile, is simply the missing child case du jour in France. Emile a two year old disappeared in the village of Haut-Vernet 9 days ago. So in their typical gallows humor, and to reference Birkin, CH decided it'd be fun to have the child or baby say he's alone in Babylon, because he's missing.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

BonHair posted:

Not seeing how this conflicts with what I said at all.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1681068764169658368?s=20

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Allie, being willfully dense? Is it 2012???

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I like the edit of one of those with the US tank which is gay and non-binary and the strong Russian track which is on fire and has a tread hanging off and a wrecked cope cage.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

A president vulnerable to fatal head trauma? Unthinkable!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

The scandals with government consultants has highlighted how reliant the government is on them as they hollowed out the public services. How the big four accounting firms infiltrated governments, earning more than $10b over a decade while taxpayers are in the dark (ABC analysis)

Wilcox:

The new RBA governor Michele Bullock and the outgoing governor Philip Lowe.

Rowe:

Anthony Albanese concedes voice yes campaign needs to be ‘stronger’ as poll shows slump in support (Guardian). Queensland is the state with the strongest No support.

Lethbridge:

The cartoonist doesn't understand how either Voice works.

Spooner:

This could be a combination of polls showing falling support for the Voice while support for the government stays strong, but since it's Spooner it could be just the former plus the Fadden by-election, aha honeymoon over.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

What was that military you guys liked pointing to as reference to an army keeping it's rugged manhood intact? Aren't they in combat somewhere, how is that going?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Probably the wrong thread \ forum to ask in, but what are the arguments against the Voice besides racism?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guavanaut posted:

I like the edit of one of those with the US tank which is gay and non-binary and the strong Russian track which is on fire and has a tread hanging off and a wrecked cope cage.

they/them vs. was/were

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/kartoonistkelly/status/1681051217294663683

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Probably the wrong thread \ forum to ask in, but what are the arguments against the Voice besides racism?
I'm also probably the wrong person to explain this but the main not-racist argument is that in an ideal Australia we should all be equal under our Constitution and so we should not be setting special powers for specific groups, the counter being we don't live in said ideal Australia and this argument gets lets convincing if it is made by a monarchist or if they argue "we shouldn't add race into the Constitution!" (it's already in there).

There is also the argument that people like Lidia Thorpe makes which is from those who don't think the Voice goes far enough, they want a treaty with proper powers and don't want to be locked in to a weaker alternative. Of course if the Voice doesn't get through good luck convincing a government to touch that any time in the next few decades.

The big reason though in my opinion why the Voice was always going to be in strife when Dutton decided to back No is that Australians are notoriously risk-adverse with referendums and any-one who is unsure will default to voting No. The Yes side has a more complex case to make than marriage equality had and it's hard to cut through when everyone is distracted with the other issues in their lives right now.

Right now I feel the Voice is headed for defeat unless the No side triple down on the racism, which is probably going to happen but I don't know if that's going to be enough.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Wish I had put in the effort to get my abortion medal while I was still in :sigh:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Ben Garrison posted:

WE WARNED YOU BUT YOU DIDN’T LISTEN
Cartoon republished 07/17/2023

I drew this cartoon well before the Fauci-funded Covid bioweapon outbreak. It was reposted on our GrrrGraphics verified Facebook page about three years ago. As a result, Facebook kicked us off permanently.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

We had a backup Facebook page and reposted an anti-Fluoride in the drinking water cartoon. That resulted in us getting kicked off for good. Nothing was wrong with either cartoon—they were both accurate and part of our First Amendment right of free speech. Opinions about science are no longer welcome on social media, though. Forces at the top get to determine what science is and their opinions and agenda are final. Period. End of story. We peons are not allowed to question Big Pharma and the medical industrial complex.

Yet, as it turned out, I was right when I warned everyone about the dangers of vaccines.

The Covid vaccines in particular were experimental gene therapy jabs and not vaccines at all—so the powers that be conveniently changed the definition of a vaccine. Big Pharma pushed their product as a Covid cure-all. Take one and you wouldn’t get Covid and you wouldn’t spread Covid. Joe Biden told us exactly that. The corrupt mainstream media, who depend on Big Pharma advertising, pushed the virtue of getting the Covid shot. Educators and corporate employers alike threatened those who refused the jab. Then, of course, boosters were made necessary—one after another. Big Pharma raked in billions of taxpayer dollars. Those refusing were smeared as dangerous loonies and ‘anti-vaxxers.’

Eventually people realized on their own that the Covid shots did not stop them from getting Covid. The vaccinated still spread Covid. Not only were the vaccines ineffective, people also soon realized that they were dangerous. People, many of them quite young, began dropping dead due to blood clots and heart problems caused by the experimental mRNA pokes.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

It turned out that I was right about warning people against the pro-Covid vaccine mania. Vaccines have for too long been pushed as magical cures for nearly everything. Their side effects are ignored. People also began to realize that Big Pharma could not be sued for their faulty products. Not being accountable meant that Big Pharma could also be irresponsible—and they were. Corners and testing were cut to increase profit margins for themselves and their shareholders. The millions of people who were injured and all of loved ones who died? Too bad.

Here is a link to a Jimmy Dore exposé with a doctor who has proved the Covid vaccines led to adverse effects for 1 in 20 people. That’s incredibly outrageous.

“The COVID vaccines developed by the likes of Pfizer and Moderna were produced in batches that were sent separately to different regions of the world and, according to a recent independent study, different batches of the vaccines produced wildly varying instances of adverse events. Retired U.K. nursing instructor and YouTube star Dr. John Campbell reviewed the data and finds it very curious and can’t come up with a reasonable explanation for the results.”

Don’t trust authorities—even those claiming to represent science—especially when they lack accountability and when big money is involved. Don’t blindly agree to getting foreign substances injected directly into your bloodstream unless there is true informed consent ahead of time. There was no true informed consent with the Covid vaccines. Only lies.

— Ben Garrison

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

duz posted:

Qanon Anonymous covered the movie and then interviewed two reporters about the guy/company that the movie is about.
The only factual thing in the movie seems to be that the guy and his company exists.
If he did what is depicted in the movie, he committed actual war crimes.

Those reporters did not go as far as accusing Ballard of human trafficking, but the part were he "liberates" a bunch of sex workers and loads them onto a private plan and sends them off to a Mormon run school was textbook human trafficking.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
God, Garrison is so loving stupid.
I know other cartoonists are stupid, like Branco and Lester come to mind for sure, but Garrison is just Rob Smith Jr. levels of dumb and he's the most disproportionately smug about all the poo poo he doesn't remotely understand.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Garrison is really filling the David Dees vacuum as he becomes less coherent, honestly.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Dees was more than just a paranoid schizophrenic, he was a creator of bizarre fever dreams stuffed to burst with uncanny valley.
Garrison is nothing.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

If you don't know the story on this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgo_Beach_serial_killings

Dave Granlund

Mike Thompson

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vib Rib posted:

God, Garrison is so loving stupid.
I know other cartoonists are stupid, like Branco and Lester come to mind for sure, but Garrison is just Rob Smith Jr. levels of dumb and he's the most disproportionately smug about all the poo poo he doesn't remotely understand.
I don't see any other cartoonists raising awareness about all the aluminum and bribery and lobbyists they're putting in vaccines :smug:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Brando

Al Goodwyn

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

“The market should decide, unless people make choices that I have deemed ‘low value’”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao at political cartoonists just outright going with 'Joe biden unironically wants to eat your baby'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Joe Biden went on The View and said that he forwards 10% of all donations to the Church of Satan in exchange for fresh babies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guavanaut posted:

Joe Biden went on The View and said that he forwards 10% of all donations to the Church of Satan in exchange for fresh babies.

Sensible policies for a happier America.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

JFC. For real?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Joe Biden has never gone on record saying he doesn't eat babies. Perhaps because he is too busy eating babies!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Oh right all those characters I'm primed from childhood to think about as bad guys, the sesame street crew.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I bet Stiglich also hates Fred Rogers for telling everyone that they're special.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Would Stiglich love or hate the Teletubbies? On the one hand, it's a literally mindless show meant to entertain literal babies, on the other hand, the soft gentle cooing noises, bright colors and soft, round shapes may not upset his delicate feelings with talk of "kindness", "sharing" or "empathy".

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can't, everyone is happy and nobody is mean to anyone.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Apparently the “Joe Biden was caught trying to eat a baby” is a Sky News thing, so both lol to how hosed up our media situation is and also lol to how clearly the worst, most idiotic propaganda news has two of the worst, most idiotic propaganda cartoonists watching it

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Double post because it sucks to edit in a quote

Kellies nomination: Most anti-Semitic

Weird how Varvel gives Biden a hooked nose when he ascribes baby-eating to the man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Wow. I mean...WOW.

You know, I saw a lot of vile poo poo thrown at Obama during his presidency, but I don't think even then anyone made a political cartoon depicting him as LITERALLY WANTING TO EAT BABIES. Go gently caress yourself, Varvel.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall