Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Field Mousepad posted:

Well I specifically didn't play barb or Necro because I was waiting for the season to start and now I'm definitely playing necro first, I was leaning towards a minion build anyway and that patch sold it.

Why? I didn't see any huge buffs to the paper-thin minions. If they add minion health +100% and minion damage +100% they might be getting in the ballpark of what a typical Diablo minion build is all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I think they should have probably held off and dropped the patch with season 1. A giant patch that is basically 100% nerfs with very few QOL improvements isn't really hyping anyone up for the season.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I had my stats saved in some damage spreadsheet that someone linked awhile back.

DPS Modifier for my Level 100 Rapid Fire Rogue:

Pre-Patch: 574.43
Post-Patch: 324.25

So about a 43.5% DPS nerf. Yeesh.

Also, due to the Disobedience nerf, instead of being able to reach the Armor Cap of ~14,000 for NM100 dungeons (where I was already getting wrecked by damage), I now cap out about 3k armor below it. And there is a Lucky Hit requirement for being able to heal with Siphoning Strikes now, so my healing was reduced by about 70%.

No, it's poorly worded in the patch notes. It's up to a 75% chance on Lucky Hit.

So instead of healing whenever you Crit, you heal when you Crit AND Lucky Hit:

Pre-Patch: chance to heal = Chance to Crit
Post-Patch: chance to heal = Crit Chance * Lucky Hit Chance * Skill Lucky Hit Chance

Ahhhh thank you for the explanation. This is still ... very bad lol.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

f#a# posted:

Pretty disappointed there aren't any QoL features. Console and controller UX is still awful.

Also can you turn off your character's voice so I don't hear "I'm not ready" every minute?

Yeah, you can already do this.

Also, unless I missed it, nothing about Stash space either?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They still haven't fixed the loving awful horse, have they.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's Diablo, so it doesn't really change the user experience if I've been nerfed to clearing Nightmare Blind Burrows 60 when I used to be able to do Nightmare Blind Burrows 70, but some of the changes are downright dumb. 5 seconds to leave dungeon? gently caress you

Seems like they could've included all the Malignant Hearts in the patch notes to give the internet something positive to talk about for 48 hours

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Nullset posted:

Helltide cinder drops better be broken and not an intentional change... After the patch I'm getting maybe 1 max per pack, and an event gave me 10ish.

That would be pretty incredible if the both jacked up the mystery chest to 250 cinder and nerfed cinder drops. Can't having people getting too many items during an hour long helltide -- that sounds like too much fun.

The extra price of the chest would be fine if they would just up the drat enemy density in Helltides, but I'm not seeing that anywhere, right? nothing about making Helltides more dense?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Well I guess we know why they held off posting the patch notes for as long as humanly possible lol

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

to give the internet something positive to talk about

lmao sure

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Philthy posted:

Why? I didn't see any huge buffs to the paper-thin minions. If they add minion health +100% and minion damage +100% they might be getting in the ballpark of what a typical Diablo minion build is all about.

I've played a minion based necro up to 85, and they are pretty tough when you build for it. With friends, my minions would basically only die if there were elites with fire death explosions. Solo I need to rerez a little more often, but it's manageable. 90% of the corpses get exploded still.

There's a skill that makes it so the max they can take is 30% of their life in a single hit, meaning they'd need to take four hits to die (ignoring dots and such).

Just keep a skeletal priest bonus active (every 5sec during combat) to keep them healthy and they're typically fine. You just need so many aspects to make it remotely viable, and hearing that all of the paragon board slots I've been taking just... don't do anything? That sucks.

Glad to hear it's getting buffed, but I'm off to play sorc in s1.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Philthy posted:

They still haven't fixed the loving awful horse, have they.
What’s wrong with it?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

American McGay posted:

What’s wrong with it?

Just generally kinda janky and gets stuck on every little rock and twig on the terrain.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Probably gunna sit this season launch out till they figure out how to tune poo poo. POEs current season has a loving awesome mechanic of leveling up your items and pet classes still rock socks.

American McGay posted:

What’s wrong with it?

Seriously?

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

American McGay posted:

What’s wrong with it?

So I can assume you've never used it if you asked this question. The speed based on your mouse position, the getting stuck on random things, etc etc.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Ravendas posted:

Glad to hear it's getting buffed, but I'm off to play sorc in s1.

:staredog:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

So I can assume you've never used it if you asked this question. The speed based on your mouse position, the getting stuck on random things, etc etc.
Works on my machine.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

American McGay posted:

Works on my machine.

No it doesn't.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I'm glad they released it before the season started so players could decide if they wanted to sit the season out instead of starting the season and then finding out all of this. I'm in, I'm not at you folks level so a lot of this doesn't really affect my thoughts on the game. Just gonna try to kill more stuff.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They also shifted a lot of the offensive damage ability modifiers upwards by 25%. With slightly larger increases for DoT abilities and pet damage.

It looks like they shifted damage up by about 15% and defensives down by about 30% overall.

quote:

Physical Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Fire Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Cold Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Lightning Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Poison Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Shadow Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Non-Physical Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Physical Damage Over Time: Increased by ~40%.
Fire Damage Over Time: Increased by ~40%.
Shadow Damage Over Time: Increased by ~40%.
Damage with Two-Handed Bludgeoning Weapons: Increased by ~25%.
Damage with Two-Handed Slashing Weapons: Increased by ~25%.
Damage with Dual-Wielded Weapons: Increased by ~25%.
Damage with Ranged Weapons: Increased by ~25%.
Damage with Skills that Swap to New Weapons: Increased by ~25%.
Damage while in Human Form: Increased by ~25%.
Damage while Shapeshifted: Increased by ~25%.
Blood Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Bone Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Brawling Skill Damage: Increased by ~33%.
Companion Skill Damage: Increased by ~33%.
Conjuration Skill Damage: Increased by ~33%.
Cutthroat Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Darkness Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Earth Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Frost Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Imbued Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Imbuement Skill Damage: Increased by ~33%.
Marksman Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Pyromancy Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Shock Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Storm Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Summoning Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Trap Skill Damage: Increased by ~33%.
Weapon Mastery Skill Damage: Increased by ~33%.
Werebear Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.
Werewolf Skill Damage: Increased by ~25%.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mayveena posted:

I'm glad they released it before the season started so players could decide if they wanted to sit the season out instead of starting the season and then finding out all of this. I'm in, I'm not at you folks level so a lot of this doesn't really affect my thoughts on the game. Just gonna try to kill more stuff.

I feel this basically. I got a Necro to 47 in the preseason, didn't bother doing anything past the campaign. poo poo, most of my map is still unrevealed.

Not sure whether to go barb or sorc.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So instead of buffing non-Crit/Vuln damage they just nerfed both into the ground without touching the stupid poo poo like "Overpower damage with two handed weapons" and "damage to knocked over enemies that landed on their butts on a Tuesday"?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Mayveena posted:

Also nice if you bought the deluxe edition, you can save your free battlepass token for another one too

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It changes nothing about the gearing strategy because of the buckets, just makes everyone weaker lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

So instead of buffing non-Crit/Vuln damage they just nerfed both into the ground without touching the stupid poo poo like "Overpower damage with two handed weapons" and "damage to knocked over enemies that landed on their butts on a Tuesday"?

All of those were buffed 25-40%.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

External Organs posted:

I feel this basically. I got a Necro to 47 in the preseason, didn't bother doing anything past the campaign. poo poo, most of my map is still unrevealed.

Not sure whether to go barb or sorc.

i dont think either of those choices makes any sense unless you really hate yourself

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

All of those were buffed 25-33%.

yeah but overpower damage doesnt do anything unless you're that one necro build

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

They also shifted a lot of the offensive damage ability modifiers upwards by 25%. With slightly larger increases for DoT abilities and pet damage.

It looks like they shifted damage up by about 15% and defensives down by about 30% overall.

This is still a net damage reduction due to the vuln / crit nerfs. It is an increase for dot builds I guess, but who wants to sit there while DOTs tick on anything other than bosses.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

crepeface posted:

Also, unless I missed it, nothing about Stash space either?

They're not touching stash yet at all, so no, you would see nothing about stash

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Verviticus posted:

i dont think either of those choices makes any sense unless you really hate yourself

yeah but overpower damage doesnt do anything unless you're that one necro build

Spells look cool I guess.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

At first I thought the horse was fine. But it doesn't interact well with stuff you'd expect to be silky smooth, like jumps or monsters bundled up against terrain that is not meant to be blocking.

Also sometimes you can just... Ride around barricades.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I think my absolute favourite thing so far is the subtle bait and switch of them not mentioning that there were class-specific hearts in any of the pre-release talk. 32 hearts? LOL get hosed, more like 16 hearts.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

sorc definitely feels better to play now with the additional defensive stats (just did a random 80 map and could actually survive a hit or two from the mobs) but doing tier 100 will probably suck without that extra damage. hopefully the seasonal mechanic makes up for it?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

wuffles posted:

Just generally kinda janky and gets stuck on every little rock and twig on the terrain.

Spamming dash and wiggling left/right or up/down has fixed most issues for me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

All of those were buffed 25-40%.
Okay so they "buffed" them but not nearly enough to matter. I love that as a filthy casual I'm going from being addicted to playing a Walking Arsenal Barb because I was having a ton of fun to "meh I dont think I'll bother with season 1 because they changed everything for the worse".

Lister posted:

Spamming dash and wiggling left/right or up/down has fixed most issues for me.
Once I got up to like 65% boosted foot speed with my Barb I never used my horse again because its so loving janky to use. Just an outright pain in the rear end.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Other than the initial lag when getting on the horse I haven't had hardly any problems with it

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

bio347 posted:

I think my absolute favourite thing so far is the subtle bait and switch of them not mentioning that there were class-specific hearts in any of the pre-release talk. 32 hearts? LOL get hosed, more like 16 hearts.

It has been like that for everything. There are 7 new aspects! But it's 2 general and 1 per class. There are 6 new uniques! but it's 1 ultra rare and 1 per class.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Magus42 posted:

They're not touching stash yet at all, so no, you would see nothing about stash

Didn't they say the stash issues were going to take longer? I sure wish they'd get to it, stash is really a problem.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
not listed in the notes but they took off .1% to the maxroll of %armor affix. they also adjusted the rolls on some of the DR rolls but I don't remember what they used to be

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I see they took my least favorite part of the game, getting one shot, and doubled it. Leaning in hard on vanilla D3 design. That's the one that everyone likes right?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Radical posted:

sorc definitely feels better to play now with the additional defensive stats (just did a random 80 map and could actually survive a hit or two from the mobs) but doing tier 100 will probably suck without that extra damage. hopefully the seasonal mechanic makes up for it?

What additional defensive stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Okay so they "buffed" them but not nearly enough to matter. I love that as a filthy casual I'm going from being addicted to playing a Walking Arsenal Barb because I was having a ton of fun to "meh I dont think I'll bother with season 1 because they changed everything for the worse".

Seems weird that you would enjoy the game, but be unable to enjoy it with higher normal damage and lower vulnerable crits + the new heart stuff.