Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I know it's ultimately Gatwa's choice, but that mustache is going to take getting used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

TinTower posted:

There’s also a Doctor picture where he’s rizzed up like Baby Gronk.

Am I saying that properly? :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1681363214636810255?s=46

This fit has a lot more character to it than the orange t-shirt getup we had been seeing and I am down for the disco inferno Dcotor.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Doctor Whorny

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Doctor Who Likes To gently caress

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Crosspeice posted:

Doctor Who Likes To gently caress

They're already bringing Tennant back though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Them~

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Why did this face come back? To say goodbye."

"I understand now why I gave myself this face... I need to be hornier."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

"Why did this face come back? To say goodbye."

"I understand now why I gave myself this face... I need to be hornier."

And THAT is how The Curator ended up getting Tom's face again!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

I know it's ultimately Gatwa's choice, but that mustache is going to take getting used to.

Yeah, looking at past doctors now they all seem a bit naked in the face.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

side_burned posted:

This fit has a lot more character to it than the orange t-shirt getup we had been seeing and I am down for the disco inferno Dcotor.

Hey! Disco Who doesn't need to advertise!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Khanstant posted:

The War Doctor had a beard but that’s just because John Hurt is the coolest person to ever live….at least til Ncuti came around.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"It's a beard. I wear a beard now. Beards are cool."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You can’t fool me, that’s the Master.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Oh look it's the Ringo Doctor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, I had forgotten all about 11's lovely little beard in The Wedding of River Song

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'

Khanstant posted:

Especially Peter Davison and the “open face” he sported in many of the Target novelisations. Terrifying.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/jfmouthonlegs/status/1681580223551139843?s=20

This feels very wholesome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't think I've ever noticed what her twitter handle is before :allears:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I hope calling him the 14th Doctor doesn't stick though.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

You do have to differentiate between the two incarnations he played, though, right? I imagine everyone will default to still picturing him as the 10th Doctor, but if you're talking about any of these specials or the stuff around it you'd specify 14.

I'll give them this - it's a smart way to get around Tennant's advancing age if they want him to keep guesting on the show every so many years. Starting from now, he can just show up as 14 (assuming they leave themselves enough wiggle room for him to wander over and have this side adventure with all of his newer faces), while they can continue pumping out plenty of ancillary merch with 10 plastered all over it (since that's the poo poo that still sells).

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Doctor Who X-2

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It would be nice if Tennant gets to at least play him slightly differently, if only to be unburdened by the Time Lord Victorious stuff. Let him stretch the character a bit. But I don't expect it to be too different, of course, because

Class3KillStorm posted:

that's the poo poo that still sells).

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh gently caress what if this is them bringing the TLV stuff to the 'mainline' TV series canon :stare:

(...I say, despite the only TLV stuff I consumed being the Daleks! YouTube series which barely seemed connected to anything)

Also behold: Fourteen's Sonic

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu4v44MO6TF/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

A clearer image of the Sonic. Looks slightly different from Eleven’s, but much better than Thirteen’s.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
None of the sonic screwdrivers ever look like they'd be particularly good at making noise.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love that it's a fusion of 9/10 (middle) 11 (end) and 12 (top)

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Don't know why it made me think of it, but the splayed bits are kind of reminiscent of when they had those splayed strips of plastic come out the end of the Dalek blasters sometimes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ikanreed posted:

None of the sonic screwdrivers ever look like they'd be particularly good at making noise.

They've all got room for the little greeting card battery cell thingy that makes the noise.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

That's murray gold music right???

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
On one hand it feels excessive to give the screwdriver such an "epic" reveal trailer with all those dramatic angles and the music

But on the other hand it's just so silly I can't help but smile.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Confusedslight posted:

It’s got all his bombast, that’s for sure.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

armpit_enjoyer posted:

On one hand it feels excessive to give the screwdriver such an "epic" reveal trailer with all those dramatic angles and the music

But on the other hand it's just so silly I can't help but smile.

I know I'm going to regret saying this when we get the equivalent of "To. Be. Continued" but I'd take a little silly in my life right now. Just don't give me Baby Yoda Doctor in place of Dobby Doctor (yes I just hosed us all).

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
By gawd,

Confusedslight posted:

Mooseontheloose posted:

David Fourteennant

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Donna Gets Her Memories Back And Keeps Them good ending or we riot :jiggled:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I get the feeling this is exactly why Rusty brought her back. Genuinely, I know that this is an attempt to get a lot of eyes back to Who, but also, it does feel like him basically being in a different place in his life and getting to redo Donna's series 4 arc. Might be completely off-base with this, but that's the feeling I get.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The new sonic is up for sale on the Character site. £30!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm deep down expecting to be emotionally devastated by how the arc ends. I hope Donna gets a positive ending but I don't think that will be the case.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Donna was the best 10 companion, and deserves a good ending :colbert:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Donna was the best 10 companion, and deserves a good ending :colbert:

Hundo p.

That said I'm a big fan of the way they wrote her out (just because she deserves a happy ending doesn't mean she gets one). Beyond that I'm not happy with them going back and changing it but whatever. I've made my peace with it.

The original leaks for this coming season (now dismissed) had Tate as the new regeneration and Tennant playing a companion who happened to look like the Doctor, and tbh I wish they'd gone with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

The original leaks for this coming season (now dismissed) had Tate as the new regeneration and Tennant playing a companion who happened to look like the Doctor, and tbh I wish they'd gone with that.

That would have actually been hilarious and awesome.