Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Also they increased the crafting mat max again to 99999. At some point they're going to need an actual sink for these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's mostly just very funny that there are people who are (supposedly) seriously posting, "I was enjoying this game and having lots of fun in the core gameplay, but now I will not even play season 1 or boot up the game to see the impact because I read that they are reducing the maximum armor bonus per tick from disobedience to 0.4 per second from 0.5 per second. I'm OUT!"

I think most people can understand that going crit/vuln as a must-have affix was dumb. But, I think they expected them to ramp up the other affixes to match it, so people can seamlessly transition over to items that don't have perfect rolls on two must-have affixes. It's a PVE game, outside of one shotting bosses accidentally, there isn't any reason to nerf anything.

Unless of course the season gimmicks really do make every class super OP and lmao fun as hell and leaving it as-is made you one-shot bosses. I'm kind of doubting that, however.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

SettingSun posted:

Also they increased the crafting mat max again to 99999. At some point they're going to need an actual sink for these.
We should be able to sell them for gold.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
they nerfed max resource on rings, didn't see that in the notes. 3-9 before upgrades.

they really said that this patch was "basically finished" a month ago too

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ah, it appears they tried to fix the quest in the Wasting Hollow, "Fury against fate".

The NPC still doesn't do anything after her monologue, but at least they made the barrier blocking you from going further into the cave completely invulnerable.

Amazing.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I'm not super excited about most of the changes, but normalizing damage a bit and recognizing that they need to get away from the current bucket is a good thing.

This doesn't change anything about the damage itemization though it just makes damage worse, the same items are still bis

flashman fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 18, 2023

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Ersatz posted:

We should be able to sell them for gold.

hold on, that sounds like too fast of a way to gain gold.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

There’s no way anyone who had a good character would be happy logging in on it for the next 2 days—but that’s kinda just whatever.

The main thing these changes accomplish for season 1 is to get you to stop playing the game sooner lol

I guess that’s good for a game without significant or engaging content at the highest levels.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just logged in and I feel about exactly as powerful as I was before the patch. Not following a build guide ftw.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

The base XP per enemy level still goes up. It is only something like a 4-6% actual XP nerf for a normal player (which is also being made up with the 12% overall XP buff from the season journey). It is a huge nerf for level 1 people in NM WT4 NM dungeons.

If you were doing NM+10 dungeons before and are doing them now it's a 10% nerf because the bonus caps at 15% instead of 25%. If you were doing anything smaller than that it's a larger nerf because you were getting +25% for NM+3 and are getting less than a 15% bonus for being less than 10 levels over now. You also can no longer get more XP from doing dungeons higher than 10 levels higher than you in WT4 so you would never want to go above that.

I guess whenever you get the season journey bonus it will be roughly the same. Hooray.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Tempting Fate (Vicious, Offensive-World Tier III): You gain 40-60% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20-15% less damage.

So.... just from putting a single Gem in my jewelry... I'm going to get a free bonus of ~25% more damage once I hit 33% crit chance?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Tempting Fate (Vicious, Offensive-World Tier III): You gain 40-60% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20-15% less damage.

So.... just from putting a single Gem in my jewelry... I'm going to get a free bonus of ~25% more damage once I hit 33% crit chance?

You'll reach the lofty heights of 2/3 the damage you could achieve pre patch

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so I'm mucking around with rogue before the season and having a blast just building a character around obvious build enabling aspects I find lying around and am currently using flurry as a core skill bc I had an aspect for it drop at max stats that increases damage and does damage in a circle. I'm finding that I'm dying a lot though and my gear is ok, armor is good but I dont have a lot of damage reduction aspects, just a minimum roll DR from close enemies on my chestplate. My only real defensive aspect is on my pants and its the "you heal for x-x life per second for each close enemy" at a minimum roll. Are there any key defensive aspects I should be looking for specifically, and if so what gear should I gamble for to get it? If not should I be prioritizing armor on the paragon board or does that sort of handicap my damage output as I keep levelling? Also this is the first serious multi-weapon class i've played, I've figured out aspects on my weapons I'm not using universally apply to all damage, do the non primary damage stat rolls impact my other weapons damage as well?

For my rogues defense I run: stack as much damage reduction and armor as possible (helm, chest, pants, amulet if you can swing it), also stack max health, life on kill helm and the passive that heals 3% per crit, and as much movement speed as you can get. Aspects are invulnerable bubble, and basic attack grants 20% DR for x seconds (seconds don’t really matter since all my attacks are alternating basic/core for combo points and other boosts). Also stack dodge. My other defense is the crux of my whole build: freezing enemies. Cold embedment, grenades have double your crit chance to freeze chilled enemies, caltrops throw stun grenades (basically freezes anyone hit by caltrops since there are multiple grenade pops), and lucky hit:72% chance to spread crowd control to an unaffected enemy. Paragon board hits close and distant DRs, plus all the secondary DR glyphs

I’m low 60s NM dungeons but still die

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Huh, the patch was live? Literally didnt notice a difference with my necro

But then I'm only like level 61

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Collapsing Farts posted:

IIRC you're playing a minion build? So you got some buffs

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Collapsing Farts posted:

:same: but with Druid

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I believe the patching is not instant is running from 11:00am PST to 2:00pm if I remember correctly? So you might still have pre-patch status for the next hour?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mayveena posted:

:same: but with Druid

Fuckin RIP my lightning/trample vuln druid

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tarnop posted:

IIRC you're playing a minion build? So you got some buffs

Minion build stays winning. Glad I didnt follow guides.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Fuckin RIP my lightning/trample vuln druid

What's your level? Mine's 61

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
My lovely build is still as lovely as before :grin:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I dont give a poo poo about nerfs or buffs, give my drat stash tabs and search function

The current stash state tanks my enjoyment and hype enough to not want to farm gear, which is literally the point of the entire game

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mayveena posted:

What's your level? Mine's 61

61 :)

https://d4armory.io/?account=1459926&hero=cba12360-010a-11ee-844f-99b9f6eb503b

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mikojan posted:

I dont give a poo poo about nerfs or buffs, give my drat stash tabs and search function

The current stash state tanks my enjoyment and hype enough to not want to farm gear, which is literally the point of the entire game

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't stash improvements not happening until season 2? I'm pretty sure they mentioned that.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Should I start throwing out all these Tier 1 Nightmare Sigils? Or are the potions less valuable? My inventory is getting kinda full and I don't really know what I'm doing. The rewards for doing Tier 1 don't seem amazing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Pixelante posted:

Should I start throwing out all these Tier 1 Nightmare Sigils? Or are the potions less valuable? My inventory is getting kinda full and I don't really know what I'm doing. The rewards for doing Tier 1 don't seem amazing.

Break down the Tier 1's for sigil dust to make higher level ones.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Break down the Tier 1's for sigil dust to make higher level ones.

You can make higher level ones??

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Pixelante posted:

Occultist, you can create higher tier ones from dust

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Pixelante posted:

You need to do a tier 3 first, so don't really scrap anything until you get a tier 3 to drop in a NM dungeon. Run any twos you have to get there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Pixelante posted:

https://primagames.com/tips/how-to-craft-nightmare-sigils-in-diablo-4

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

Ah, it appears they tried to fix the quest in the Wasting Hollow, "Fury against fate".

The NPC still doesn't do anything after her monologue, but at least they made the barrier blocking you from going further into the cave completely invulnerable.

Amazing.

Three years from now when the game is "finally good" after multiple patches and seasons, that quest will still be broken.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pixelante posted:

I eventually threw out (and stopped picking up) weak potions and just kept the better stuff. I usually only have 10-15 potions in my inventory and like 5 Sigils and I melt the rest for Sigil Dust to craft more in the range I want.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
What are the odds Blizzard totally forgot that Barb got most (like, almost all actually) of its offensive stats from weapons and now Barb is completely gimped for foreseeable future because of this?
Like seriously, compare Barbs Paragon Boards to Necros or Druids, the difference between quality offensive nodes is staggering, but before it mostly worked out due to how weapons could roll.
Now? Uhhh well….

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Amazing.

I have that bug too, but they made that change in the last patch before this one. Or it was some unintended change triggered by something completely different.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
was gonna play barb or rogue for s1, anyone who has played either can advise which one got shitstomped harder from the patch?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

A lot of these changes will make levels 1-50 and maaaaybe 50-70 a bit easier. The better possible rolls for non-crit and non-vuln are more impactful when you don't have an optimized paragon board etc. MATHING you towards crit and vuln.

Blizzard will get a lot of outrage and it's obviously a heavy nerf to optimized high level characters. But I guess that's fine in their eyes since 95% of the playerbase isn't running an optimized high level character?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Philthy posted:

I think most people can understand that going crit/vuln as a must-have affix was dumb. But, I think they expected them to ramp up the other affixes to match it, so people can seamlessly transition over to items that don't have perfect rolls on two must-have affixes. It's a PVE game, outside of one shotting bosses accidentally, there isn't any reason to nerf anything.

Unless of course the season gimmicks really do make every class super OP and lmao fun as hell and leaving it as-is made you one-shot bosses. I'm kind of doubting that, however.

i fully expected them to do what they did, but i expected a more measured hand and not something totally bizarre. nerfing everyone by 30-60% while not reducing the outliers functionally just reduces viable builds from like 12 to 2 or 3 and its extremely weird that they dont understand this

nerfing damage by that much, not changing the mob health to match, and then making everyone massively easier to kill is also just... like what the hell. i get it if they reduced damage and increased defences so you could have fewer defensive aspects/gems and more offensive ones - that would increase the fun in the game because you'd have more offensive choices. but this is silly

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 18, 2023

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I'm betting battlepass will make these changes make more sense.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

coelomate posted:

A lot of these changes will make levels 1-50 and maaaaybe 50-70 a bit easier. The better possible rolls for non-crit and non-vuln are more impactful when you don't have an optimized paragon board etc. MATHING you towards crit and vuln.

Blizzard will get a lot of outrage and it's obviously a heavy nerf to optimized high level characters. But I guess that's fine in their eyes since 95% of the playerbase isn't running an optimized high level character?

The nerfed good builds and buffed bad builds, not based on the skills and poo poo you use but on how competent you were at designing your character lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Gamer babyrage used to really get my goat but I gotta say there's something really empowering about realizing that my fun in this sorta game is absolutely independent of yours and so I'm just really excited for season 1! See some of y'all out there. I hope the saltiest among us find some measure of peace.