Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Landfill posted:

Schad on whoever ends up wearing one of these shirts in public :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/status/1681376828907192320?s=20

For people who don't know, in Sound of Freedom Jim Caviezel pretends to be a pedophile for a sting operation and when it goes down one of the actual pedophiles says to Caviezel's character something like "I trusted you and you betrayed me like this?" and Caviezel's character says "never trust a pedophile." Which is a line that only makes sense if the character was an actual pedophile and not a government agent operating undercover.

I mean, it is good advice if you are committing criminal acts in general, not just sexual exploitation of minors, to not trust pedophiles because if they get caught they will probably rat you out for a lower sentence, there's a reason there's a cliche about prison being especially unsafe for pedophiles. But in this specific context the line makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Schade is, as ever, on fans of San Diego sports.

https://twitter.com/DylanAdler6/status/1681038885894369280

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Air Skwirl posted:

For people who don't know, in Sound of Freedom Jim Caviezel pretends to be a pedophile for a sting operation and when it goes down one of the actual pedophiles says to Caviezel's character something like "I trusted you and you betrayed me like this?" and Caviezel's character says "never trust a pedophile." Which is a line that only makes sense if the character was an actual pedophile and not a government agent operating undercover.

I mean, it is good advice if you are committing criminal acts in general, not just sexual exploitation of minors, to not trust pedophiles because if they get caught they will probably rat you out for a lower sentence, there's a reason there's a cliche about prison being especially unsafe for pedophiles. But in this specific context the line makes no sense.

Huh, I always thought they shanked pedophiles because they don’t like pedophiles. It’s sad to find out that prison violence isn’t as altruistic as I once believed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kenning posted:

Schade is, as ever, on fans of San Diego sports.

https://twitter.com/DylanAdler6/status/1681038885894369280

I can't decide if it makes it funnier if I assume he knew about what happened with the Chargers and did this on purpose, or didn't know and just stumbled into it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I don't get it. Explain it to me like I'm a browns fan

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

some people can experience an emotion you've never had called "joy"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Kenning posted:

The original Nice Ron is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUINFs1Sp94

lol ty. I’m with Ron but also, cmon, have some situational awareness RON.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Air Skwirl posted:

People would know that if they've even seen the movie which...well, conservative groups are buying out showings but not actually giving the tickets for anyone to go see, so these sold out showings are completely empty :shepface:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

San Diego was known for a passionate commitment to their dogshit no good horribly-managed team, the Chargers, for decades. When the owners tried to make the city pay for a new stadium for said terrible team, they city said no. As a result, the owner had a typical tantrum and moved the team to Los Angeles.

The comedian gets heckled for mentioning the San Francisco 49ers, and then proceeds to roast the San Diego football fans about not having a team anymore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Robobot posted:

Huh, I always thought they shanked pedophiles because they don’t like pedophiles. It’s sad to find out that prison violence isn’t as altruistic as I once believed.

There are lots of reasons people get shanked in prison, being a pedophile is just one of them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Robobot posted:

He was stabbed because he made a sexual comment about young women on the television. Or at least that's what the guy who stabbed him claimed.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Air Skwirl posted:

I mean, it makes perfect sense in context of the character. We as an audience know he’s a government agent, but the other pedophile does not. So the other pedophile believes the faker and can trust him because they are doing something illegal and so will not sell eachother out. Which leads the faker to basically go “don’t trust pedophiles aka what you thought me to be”

It’s probably a poo poo movie, but the line read makes sense. Don’t make T-shirt from that line though. Yikes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Black Stones posted:

I mean, it makes perfect sense in context of the character. We as an audience know he’s a government agent, but the other pedophile does not. So the other pedophile believes the faker and can trust him because they are doing something illegal and so will not sell eachother out. Which leads the faker to basically go “don’t trust pedophiles aka what you thought me to be”

It’s probably a poo poo movie, but the line read makes sense. Don’t make T-shirt from that line though. Yikes.

I mean that kind of doesn’t make sense, he lied to them about being a pedo. So that kind of gets into a weird a don’t believe pedos because they might not be?

It’s a very action movie line tho like something you would hear from a cannon movie

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah it doesn't work. He should have said "never trust an undercover federal agent."

That whole movie makes me angry because it's a legitimate horror that Qanon has adopted as their own personal crusade.

I remember a few years ago there was some #savethechildren thing on FB and it was started by Qanon but regular people that I knew would post that because... yes, of course you should save the children... but they didn't realize that they were promoting a batshit insane conspiracy theory.

It's pretty infuriating.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that kind of doesn’t make sense, he lied to them about being a pedo. So that kind of gets into a weird a don’t believe pedos because they might not be?

It’s a very action movie line tho like something you would hear from a cannon movie

You’re thinking to hard about it. It’s literally supposed to just be “pedophiles are poo poo people who can’t be trusted. You believed I was a pedohphile but yet trusted me” it’s not that all pedophiles might be secret cops.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah, the line only works if the audience believes he may have gone too deep and is now part pedophile. Which might be true of people who work for that organization

quote:

At the end of the training he and his fellow trainees were informed that if they developed an attraction to the child sex trafficking victims they were going out to save, they should let someone know so they could be removed from the situation. Apparently that happened often enough that it required that warning.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

The Black Stones posted:

I mean it also makes sense in that members of his operation have allegedly helped traffic young girls and were caught having sex with trafficked girls in the past so you shouldn't trust anything he says either.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Am I missing something or is everyone treating something a qanon poster said as fact? The shirt says something everyone should agree with, what does it have to do with some movie aside from an unrelated Twitter post?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My "billionaires should all be dead" shirt has secret subtle shades of pro billionaire you see

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sentient Data posted:

Am I missing something or is everyone treating something a qanon poster said as fact? The shirt says something everyone should agree with, what does it have to do with some movie aside from an unrelated Twitter post?

The star of the movie is a Qanon moron and the organization that this "true story" is based off of is highly suspicious.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sentient Data posted:

My "billionaires should all be dead" shirt has secret subtle shades of pro billionaire you see

The shirt isn't saying "pedophiles bad" though. It's an ambiguous and weird statement to put on a shirt. Also, since you didn't read:

Air Skwirl posted:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

From the same site.

Edit: From the same site, the site that is run by the main character of the movie, Sound of Freedom. A movie produced by cultists, that specialize in cult material.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 19, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CainFortea posted:

From the same site.

Edit: From the same site, the site that is run by the main character of the movie, Sound of Freedom. A movie produced by cultists, that specialize in cult material.

I'm sure their convictions go all the way to the ballot box

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ah yes quit his official gov. LEO job and be a probably jobless thing that ruins court cases where most bad lawyers can get a case thrown out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

It's a line from the movie and the shirt came out after the movie came out.

And wearing a shirt about pedophiles is just loving weird, even if it's about how horrible they are. Would you wear a shirt that said "never trust someone who kills dogs for fun"? I assume you agree with the message on the shirt, but it's a weird loving thing to have plastered on your chest.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021
Stole this from Karate Bastard

https://i.imgur.com/Fy0OKlH.mp4

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Oh that's a dumb reference then. Never heard of the movie before now, I thought it was some qanon being weird about a charity fund raising thing or something. I guess the schad is on us or me or something?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Kenning posted:

San Diego was known for a passionate commitment to their dogshit no good horribly-managed team, the Chargers, for decades. When the owners tried to make the city pay for a new stadium for said terrible team, they city said no. As a result, the owner had a typical tantrum and moved the team to Los Angeles.

The comedian gets heckled for mentioning the San Francisco 49ers, and then proceeds to roast the San Diego football fans about not having a team anymore.

The 49ers also blew the crap out of the Chargers in their one and only Super Bowl appearance at XXIX, 49-26.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

caspergers posted:

Stole this from Karate Bastard

https://i.imgur.com/Fy0OKlH.mp4

It doesn't matter how many times you fall try to do a backflip to impress some girls and land on your face, it's how many times you get back up and then try to do a backflip to impress some girls and land on your face

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

How did that rear end in a top hat survive Everest?

He only went to base camp, which is still real loving high up there but nothing like actually summiting.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Sentient Data posted:

It's incredibly weird to walk around with the word Pedophile on your shirt, regardless of context

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Here's another dumb cat.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Happy Landfill posted:

It's incredibly weird to walk around with the word Pedophile on your shirt, regardless of context
If you'd prefer I can sell you a Never Trust an Ephebophile shirt

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Happy Landfill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YmDcCpD1gc

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Actually just

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
maybe don't hang out with them and you won't have to worry about trusting them or not?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Kenning posted:

The original Nice Ron is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUINFs1Sp94

This is still my favorite:

https://twitter.com/wurp/status/1223242501156429824?s=20

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
"What are you going to do, stab me?" - A pedophile

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kenning posted:

the way american sports teams work is completely bonkers to me. In Europe, and South America, and I assume the rest of the world, sports teams are connected to their hometown, and that's a huge part of why people support them and get really passionate about it. In the US they apparently just move around randomly based on their millionaire owner's whims and people still get passionate about them but I guess its mostly like a brand and merch thing?

edit:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

B-Rock452 posted:

I mean it also makes sense in that members of his operation have allegedly helped traffic young girls and were caught having sex with trafficked girls in the past so you shouldn't trust anything he says either.

Wait really? :stonk: Why aren't people blasting this all over Twitter?