Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A whole host of problems would be solved if every single elemental resist was replaced by Resist All Elements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

You know they say that all damage buckets are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Joe Generic Damage and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another bucket, you got a 50/50 chance of doing damage. But I'm a genetic vulnerable freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Crit Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way in Season 1, you got a 33 1/3 chance of doing damage, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of doing damage, because Crit Angle KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of doing damage in Season 1. But then you take my 75% chance of doing damage, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of doing damage in Season 1. See Joe, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you in the Season of the Malignant!
Crit Angle made me laugh a lot harder than it had any right to, well done

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Resistances work they are just not worth taking over any other bonus because they are very weak compared to every other defense stat

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

satanic splash-back posted:

Resistances work they are just not worth taking over any other bonus because they are very weak compared to every other defense stat

They don't work in any way that makes them even remotely decent regardless of how many you stack. You have to get like 1700% resist for a 80% damage reduction to one element or something absolutely ridiculous.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And if you even could do that, it would be fuckin' stupid, because you'd just fish for NM Dungeon: Enemies Do Fire, or have to keep five sets of gear in the stash, and all the while Blizz is designing enemy damage around players being able to block 80% of it

Just let it be weak, but have it affect all non-physical damage, and have it take up a MUCH smaller amount of the Affix Pool

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Why are there so many nerfs to things, why are enemies and xp being nerfed
Wtf are you doing blizzard

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this is unacceptable. i'm taking my $70 back

J
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

The channel time for the Leave Dungeon ability has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.

Hahahaha

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm praying that means the Emote wheel ability that you only use for the Campaign...

Does it also affect the teleport to a town ability?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

J posted:

Hahahaha

My only thought is by making it 5 seconds you couldnt escape the butcher without a scroll of escape

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

im gonna spend another 50+ hours on this game, but i will complain the whole time!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m gonna play Diablo 4.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

George H.W. oval office posted:

My only thought is by making it 5 seconds you couldnt escape the butcher without a scroll of escape

It doesn't affect TP to town. It's specifically the emote wheel 'Exit The Dungeon -> put me at the entrance to the dungeon" ability on the emote wheel

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

I think a lot of the druid slog comes from people trying to go bear or wolf early. I've seen a lot of folks talking about triple companion feeling pretty good early on, and I know poison creeper continues to feel good until 50+ without too much investment. With the raven damage bug being fixed they might move from full garbage only good for a debuff to d-tier!

gently caress companions and teddy bear transformations. Stormstrike, lightning storm, cyclone armor, trample (with the landslide aspect), hurricane, cataclysm. Fuckin melt screens of poo poo.

until this poo poo sandwich of a patch

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It doesn't affect TP to town. It's specifically the emote wheel 'Exit The Dungeon -> put me at the entrance to the dungeon" ability on the emote wheel

Blizz hates dungeon/stronghold resetters more than all others

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Playing Diablo 4 to own the libs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

J posted:

Hahahaha
LMFAO!!!

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Change the thread title to "9 gigs of nerfs"

Mikojan posted:

It would confuse the people that play a weekend or 2 every few seasons. Which is the majority of the playerbase

Seems like they could choose to not expose the pile of advanced seasonal mechanics to new players in campaign and/or WT1+2, and then let them figure it out in WT3 afterwards if they continue playing.

You know they say that all damage buckets are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Joe Generic Damage and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another bucket, you got a 50/50 chance of doing damage. But I'm a genetic vulnerable freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Crit Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way in Season 1, you got a 33 1/3 chance of doing damage, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of doing damage, because Crit Angle KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of doing damage in Season 1. But then you take my 75% chance of doing damage, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of doing damage in Season 1. See Joe, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you in the Season of the Malignant!

:emptyquote:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Pouring a 40 out for the folks that spent $100 and quit before season 1 even launched because of how the patch notes looked.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

gently caress companions and teddy bear transformations. Stormstrike, lightning storm, cyclone armor, trample (with the landslide aspect), hurricane, cataclysm. Fuckin melt screens of poo poo.

until this poo poo sandwich of a patch
Replace trample with ravens and that’s my exact build and I’m still mowing through +8 nm dungeons.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Pouring a 40 out for the folks that spent $100 and quit before season 1 even launched because of how the patch notes looked.

Fuckem, cowards

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Are you ready to play Diablo IV season 1???

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Hell yes I am!

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Were any particular builds "winners" here by virtue of something more than just not being as strongly nerfed?

Necro summoner maybe? But with a busted paragon board, the weird "+minion attack speed only applies 30% of what it says" bug, and lack of a "sic 'em" command, its still less than ideal.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yeah honestly. I’m a weirdo and find the fresh start part of it super fun even though I’m gonna make my guy exactly the same as he is now. I haven’t read anything about the hearts or whatever but I’m sure that will be interesting whenever I come across it.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I find pretty much everything about the patch to be dumb and annoying, but I'm still kind of excited to try out season 1 and see how it actually feels to play with the hearts and whatnot.

Still not 100% sure what class I'm going to go with though.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Enigma posted:

Were any particular builds "winners" here by virtue of something more than just not being as strongly nerfed?

Necro summoner maybe? But with a busted paragon board, the weird "+minion attack speed only applies 30% of what it says" bug, and lack of a "sic 'em" command, its still less than ideal.

No not really. The whole thing is about slowing the game down for everyone equally.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Where did all the cinders go? I didn't see anything about a nerf to drop rate but it has to have been

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Im playing rogue for the first time for s1. I wont even know how good it was pre-nerf

Ignorance is bliss

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

flashman posted:

Where did all the cinders go? I didn't see anything about a nerf to drop rate but it has to have been
It's bugged, yeah. Confirmed to be slated for the first round of hotfixes.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

bio347 posted:

It's bugged, yeah. Confirmed to be slated for the first round of hotfixes.

Hopefully by season 2 or 3

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

Vic posted:

No not really. The whole thing is about slowing the game down for everyone equally.

I think Vic is totally correct here. If you really look at the over all patch notes the goal to pace things back some adds up. It also makes sense when you look at the builds that were meta prior to S1. They almost all maximized DPS over anything else, survivability was an after thought or secondary goal. CC was just there because it often buffs DPS.

I suspect that in general the game we've been playing was not the goal Blizz had initially. It'll be interesting to see if they succeeded or not in slowing things down and make more varied builds viable.

That said I don't get the Sorc nerfs being so harsh and I'm skeptical WT4 is going to be any sort of fun.

Ostrava fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 18, 2023

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
do we know when the content creators are expected to tell us what the flavor of the month seasonal build is so I can continue to mindlessly follow a guide

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

DRUIDS ARE FAT

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Swilo posted:

do we know when the content creators are expected to tell us what the flavor of the month seasonal build is so I can continue to mindlessly follow a guide

Some flavour of rogue I would think

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Substandard posted:

I find pretty much everything about the patch to be dumb and annoying, but I'm still kind of excited to try out season 1 and see how it actually feels to play with the hearts and whatnot.

Still not 100% sure what class I'm going to go with though.

:same:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Boy they really hosed helltides. I did 5 public events including 2 waves of darkness with over 15 waves each and have 82 cinders to show for it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Swilo posted:

Change the thread title to "9 gigs of nerfs"
I second this option.

Ostrava posted:

That said I don't get the Sorc nerfs being so harsh and I'm skeptical WT4 is going to be any sort of fun.
I dont get it either, Sorc was already the worst, this is just kicking a dead body in the crotch now.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I’ve finally got my Sorc (lvl 75) to having (almost) no mana issues and I’m having heaps of fun. Wish the season start was a week further back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
My guess is penetrating shot rogue as FOTM, but who knows. Melee rogues are going to be pretty squishy with the armor and siphoning strikes nerfs