Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
exploit early exploit often is always the case with blizzard stuff, so i guess it’s on me but

uber lillith is now impossible on my entirely glass cannon barb. i already have to do the mechanics 100% perfect to have enough damage (not using quake bug) before the nerfs, but now the tradeoff is less damage and also i can be crit to death by early flame wave thing or her autoattack

i like that they acknowledged that barbs not having the quaking bug deletes the only reliable way to clear uber/T100 at a speed that the other classes were but then make no changes to improve other builds

and since the seasonal stuff won’t be coming to eternal, my first character is now scuffed. won’t be able to beat uber on him unless another major rebalance happens w/o regard to seasonal stuff. i know the play is to make a new character each season, but i really wanted to get it done on my first guy

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Adding this patch to a growing list of things Blizzard should patch.

My theory is they did some math on how long they expect players to engage with the seasonal content (the place where they realistically can make money) and quick leveling and OP character builds just obliterated any of the estimates. This patch is damage control.

Vic fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 18, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It takes me maybe 15 min to collect 175 shards, try dying less

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

zoux posted:

Funny, but now you need 250 and there's a confirmed bug in their droprate!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

zoux posted:

you can die in this game?

well maybe in s1, but before that? lmao

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
one of my weapons randomly changed to needleflare and i haven't a fuckin clue what it was before the patch

rip

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Substandard posted:

My guess is penetrating shot rogue as FOTM, but who knows. Melee rogues are going to be pretty squishy with the armor and siphoning strikes nerfs

That was my plan for S1 but now I dunno if I even wanna bother.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I’m not kidding, I think maybe you guys are doing them wrong. 30 min remaining is my floor for getting two chests, and I usually have time to spare.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
They updated the patch notes with a bunch of disclaimers. I think they can sense that people are not happy.

This one is from the balance section

quote:

Developer’s Note: As our community continues to battle the Burning Hells, the builds emerging from new players have shocked and delighted us. We've chosen to focus Season of the Malignant’s balance updates on clear itemization disparities over redesigns of Class features. The Class changes are largely focused on numeric increases to Skill Upgrades and Legendary Aspects that players haven't yet found compelling. Additionally, we're changing Critical Strike Damage Paragon Glyphs to empower all damage—instead of only Core Skills—to enable more build strategies.
There are also a few Class stat decreases on sources which grant extreme amounts of damage, healing, or Unstoppable. In general, we prefer build-specific changes to be bonuses instead of decreases, but we feel these changes are necessary for the overall health of the game. Diablo IV is a game that is continually evolving through its Seasons, thus the adjustments we make will evolve with them.

and item affixes

quote:

Developer’s Note: Many Affixes are too efficient and are outshining alternatives. We’re looking to refine the outliers, improve the number of meaningful choices on competitive slots, and increase the overall flexibility of items. We know these changes will reduce the total amount of possible power a character can possess, so we'll be monitoring how these changes affect players’ ability to conquer expected milestones throughout the Season.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Took me about 5 mins a chest usually. It was very quick before. Haven't checked since patch.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

zoux posted:

I’m not kidding, I think maybe you guys are doing them wrong. 30 min remaining is my floor for getting two chests, and I usually have time to spare.

The droprate is way lower after patch because of a bug. Are you saying you've had great results since the patch today?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My thoughts on the patch changes: I will still kick monsters asses and take their loot

pork never goes bad posted:

The droprate is way lower after patch because of a bug. Are you saying you've had great results since the patch today?

I haven’t played today, I’m out of town for a week.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Substandard posted:

They updated the patch notes with a bunch of disclaimers. I think they can sense that people are not happy.

and item affixes

Those dev notes were there when the notes were originally posted tho

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

harrygomm posted:

and since the seasonal stuff won’t be coming to eternal, my first character is now scuffed. won’t be able to beat uber on him unless another major rebalance happens w/o regard to seasonal stuff. i know the play is to make a new character each season, but i really wanted to get it done on my first guy

Maybe we can pool our money together to pay that necro a few pages back to clear it for us. As a range build rogue I never had enough damage to much of anything besides nuke other people in pvp.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Ehud posted:

Those dev notes were there when the notes were originally posted tho

I swear they were different when I first looked at them.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

zoux posted:

Are you saying you're doing this post-patch? Because it's so, you're the only person.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

zoux posted:

Yes getting four chests was easy prior to the patch, I just got like 80 in 30 minutes though

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

zoux posted:

loving lmao. try reading next time.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Man, I know Reddit is a loving cesspool but the amount of hate in there is really something else. Puts Path of Exile 3.15 to shame.

Was planning to try Druid for seasons, looks like Cyclone will still be pretty good so yay.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Vulpes posted:

Man, I know Reddit is a loving cesspool but the amount of hate in there is really something else. Puts Path of Exile 3.15 to shame.

Try Blizzard forums lol.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vulpes posted:

Was planning to try Druid for seasons, looks like Cyclone will still be pretty good so yay.

ARPG players are impressively toxic

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

indeed they are

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
honestly i haven't had fun since i've started running nightmare dungeons

this mass nerf and boring as hell looking season are not going to bring me back

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

wemgo posted:

Im playing rogue for the first time for s1. I wont even know how good it was pre-nerf

Ignorance is bliss

don't worry, they already hit some rogue builds with a 60% nerf weeks ago

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
honestly i think i really wouldn't mind this patch if it was actually universal, but there are still builds that can effortlessly blast through the entire game and there are still builds that explicitly do not function. if they had set out to do the same thing but actually paid attention to the game enough to know about them then id think this is misguided but understandable, but this just reads as having decided what the changes were gonna be before release and refusing to do anything different

like they literally 'fixed' and unfixed the hota aspect a bit ago because it removed the build from the game, and between then and now they decided "lets remove the build". what?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

zoux posted:

:thunk:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Substandard posted:

and item affixes

Those were there when it first went up.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

mcbexx posted:

Ah, it appears they tried to fix the quest in the Wasting Hollow, "Fury against fate".

The NPC still doesn't do anything after her monologue, but at least they made the barrier blocking you from going further into the cave completely invulnerable.

Amazing.

they also didn’t fix sidequests where it starts from a dropped item, and you abandon that quest, the quest item stays in your inventory, won’t drop from mobs again, and can’t be turned in. so uh, don’t do that like i did

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Barb's hearts look like absolute poo poo. Every class gets some cool "superpower heart" and barb's one is fuckin "ignore damage 10% of the time" lol.

With the nerfs to HoTA, main stat on weapons, vulnerable and crit damage the class is just gone.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WarEternal posted:

loving lmao. try reading next time.

Never let that get in the way of a good burn lmao

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

zoux posted:

ARPG players are impressively toxic

zoux posted:

zoux posted:

hm

Kawabata posted:

Barb's hearts look like absolute poo poo. Every class gets some cool "superpower heart" and barb's one is fuckin "ignore damage 10% of the time" lol.

With the nerfs to HoTA, main stat on weapons, vulnerable and crit damage the class is just gone.

ignoring 10% of damage and using it to heal is the good one, lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Kawabata posted:

FYI: Ignore 15% damage and heal for a socket is actually really good.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

FYI: Ignore 15% damage and heal for a socket is actually really good.

have you seen other classes' super hearts

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
They should have nerfed vulnerable even harder. Like 80% instead of 40%. Maybe crit too, but at least crit feels more accessible.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

indeed they are

What does that even mean

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What does that even mean

Bud Light partnered with a transgender influencer and made a special rainbow can for her.

People freaked out and said it was an example of a brand not remembering who made them popular and turning their backs on their core demographic.

They organized a boycott and Bud Light sales have been down 32% for the last two months.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What does that even mean

the Maga morons boycotted bud light

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What does that even mean

Nazis don’t like bud light because they hired a trans woman to do some advertising.

Then they backpedaled because it turns out only chuds drink piss water and it pissed everyone else off because they didn’t stick to their guns.

Bud light sales are down like 60% or something insane because of this lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh. epic culture war FTW!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What does that even mean

Bud Light partnered with a trans person recently, and a lot of people (unaware of Bud Light's history as the LGBT-friendly beer) decided not to buy it anymore, and its stock price went down

The poster is saying that Blizzard has done something equally harmful to their game