Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

All of D4 reddit is full of smoothbrain stuff like "any timed delay to me moving anywhere or doing anything is a personal insult and Blizzard should be ashamed." Complaining gets you more upvotes/dopamine on Reddit than posting anything useful, and is easier to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bud Light partnered with a trans person recently, and a lot of people (unaware of Bud Light's history as the LGBT-friendly beer) decided not to buy it anymore, and its stock price went down

The poster is saying that Blizzard has done something equally harmful to their game

And they’re right

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Not a great patch, but the reactions are excellent so I’m gonna call it even.

I got kinda bored before evenfinishing the campaign, so I’ll either limp into season after my busy mid summer ends, or I’ll wait till s2 and see what happens.

Guys, everyone knew crit/vuln nerfs needed to happen. It sucks, and they probs should have done more to soften the hit, but those would have eaten nerfs no matter what. Too big of outliers not to. But unfortunately, they were also the keys to making the game feel good to play, at least imho, and I don’t know if the additive increases are enough to make up for the multiplicative losses. Guessing probably not cause if they wanted people to do equivalent damage they wouldn’t have nerfed crit/vuln in the first place.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Verviticus posted:

there are still builds that can effortlessly blast through the entire game

Which builds are these, I strictly play this game high as hell and I’m looking for the chillest way to blow up some fuckin demons (other than Druid cause I already played that class) :thumbsup:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I understood that poster was talking about getting 350 cinders in a half hour prior to the patch because I have good reading comprehension and situational understanding.

Currently bugged state notwithstanding, the increase to 250 per mystery chest is pretty inconsequential.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I wanted to roll a barb for S1 but seeing a lot of chatter online about how barbs are only functional compared to sorc.

I'm scared. With all the heeing and hawing about barbs being dead now

Probably still gonna do it tho

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
if you want to run a bleed build you can probably do it. WW got medium nerfs and wasnt excellent to begin with. hota got removed from the game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am looking forward to completing the season pass. The way I understand it is that you just simply play, all activities even if its just killing stuff, will work towards completing it.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

EmbryoSteve posted:

I wanted to roll a barb for S1 but seeing a lot of chatter online about how barbs are only functional compared to sorc.

I'm scared. With all the heeing and hawing about barbs being dead now

Probably still gonna do it tho

protip: none of this poo poo matters unless you are end-tier poopsocking

I just logged into my 62 barb and was doing level 75 poo poo no prob

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
They slowed frost sorc playstyle way down with the hits to CDR. it is notably less fun, lol. The damage is still okay i guess (frost) but i felt like i was stuck in second gear pre-patch.

I'll try season 1, but the poe season seems more exciting and it's a month away or more.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Would this be a fair TL;DR of the patch?

- Crit/Vuln nerfed so everyone nerfed
- Barb nerfed due to weapon stats nerf and HOTA bug fixed so nerfed, but overall fine for WW and other builds
- Druid fine
- Necro fine and also minion builds may be more competitive
- Rogue had no specific nerf and therefore is fine
- Sorc was curbstomped yet again

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
is necro bonespear nerfed

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

That's not a bad tldr but everyone is more squishy because of the defensive affix/aspect nerfs

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Psyker posted:

Their Siphoning Strikes passive now hinges on Lucky Hit, which apparently has done a number on the sustainability of melee builds in particular.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

Nazis don’t like bud light because they hired a trans woman to do some advertising.

Then they backpedaled because it turns out only chuds drink piss water and it pissed everyone else off because they didn’t stick to their guns.

Bud light sales are down like 60% or something insane because of this lol

I just want to be clear that I hated Bud Light long before this

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man I don't want to log in and discover all the map but I really should

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

American McGay posted:

I understood that poster was talking about getting 350 cinders in a half hour prior to the patch because I have good reading comprehension and situational understanding.

Currently bugged state notwithstanding, the increase to 250 per mystery chest is pretty inconsequential.

Also people are pretending this is a permanent design decision for whining purposes and not a bug that will be fixed by the time I get back to play. because I stay winning

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

zoux posted:

It takes me maybe 15 min to collect 175 shards, try dying less

zoux posted:

I’m not kidding, I think maybe you guys are doing them wrong. 30 min remaining is my floor for getting two chests, and I usually have time to spare.

zoux posted:

I haven’t played today, I’m out of town for a week.

I loving love these forums

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Psyker posted:

- Barb nerfed due to weapon stats nerf and HOTA bug fixed so nerfed, but overall fine for WW and other builds
- Druid fine

Rogue melee healing nerf seems like it may be rough (especially combined with everyone being squishier now), but that's not going to impact ranged rogues.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Swilo posted:

No brains only vibes

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No brains only vibes

the internet is a dumping ground for bad opinions. why kill the vibe

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I see you are all new to zoux's schtick lol

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
so rogues are fine but what about rouges?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo you all weren’t kidding on the full on meltdown in the diablo 4 reddit lmao

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

just glanced over the patch notes, and all i can say is lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Koirhor posted:

Holy poo poo you all weren’t kidding on the full on meltdown in the diablo 4 reddit lmao

It’s incredibly good content

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Swilo posted:

Oh I didn’t realize that was a permanent design decision that will never be fixed. Apologies to all the people who are grinding out shards for their eternal characters two days before s1, for some reason

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I have been a sorc all the way through D2R and D4 but my poor arc Lash lady (which was already hitting a real hard wall at 70) seems to be unfeasible for this season. Frozen orb is my favorite build from back in the day but betting that I'll get that specific heart (and have to slog through the normal poo poo until I find it) seems like a bad time.

Any sorcs in the same boat? I'm thinking about jumping to druid for S1 but I do have to imagine there will be some sort of buff for sorc coming down the pipe for how underpowered and underplayed they will be

EDIT: I do have to laugh at all of the people freaking out about the Oculus random teleport...that poo poo was AWFUL in D2 but we made it work

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Psyker posted:

- Druid fine

Bone Necro nerfed pretty bad, my build under the changes would prob lose 10-20 nm dungeon levels for comfortable farming. The few defenses it had are getting slashed and damage also getting gutted due to crit/vuln nerfs and nerfing 2/3 of our dps aspects by a ton.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Swilo posted:

so rogues are fine but what about rouges?

You can get around the bold rouge nerfs by playing rougelite, the sensible, non-discriminatory option.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just want to know, with these nerfs, how does the game compare to PoE? Could a case be made that one is better?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
There's a fair debate to be had about if and when it had to be done but dropping sledgehammer nerfs two days before S1 was certainly A Decision to make.

Oh well, I saved my renown full clear for S1 as soon as they announced it wouldn't carry over(lol, lmao.) Looking forward to playing some D4 in two days.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Doomykins posted:

There's a fair debate to be had about if and when it had to be done but dropping sledgehammer nerfs two days before S1 was certainly A Decision to make.

Oh well, I saved my renown full clear for S1 as soon as they announced it wouldn't carry over(lol, lmao.) Looking forward to playing some D4 in two days.

Apparently the best thing to do with any remaining time is clear all the Lilith altars and fog of war since those will carry over to S1

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

TracerBullet posted:

Apparently the best thing to do with any remaining time is clear all the Lilith altars and fog of war since those will carry over to S1

The second best thing is to uninstall the game lol

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

The tea leaves are that sorc is getting a heavy revamp for season 2. It’d make sense considering the current meta/balance and how little time they spent fixing the glaring issues with the class with this patch.

Do yourself a favor and play one of the other 4 less frustrating classes for this one season.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

wemgo posted:

The tea leaves are that sorc is getting a heavy revamp for season 2. It’d make sense considering the current meta/balance and how little time they spent fixing the glaring issues with the class with this patch.

Do yourself a favor and play one of the other 4 less frustrating classes for this one season.

This is wishful thinking lol

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope
If they think I'm going to keep playing, re-grind renown, and deal with everything being worse with Sorc... don't know what to say. This game is not on a good path and I was hopeful they had a "solid foundation" before this. Maybe they should fire the guy who makes butt jokes, and instead focus on the $70 beta feedback we all gave them?

Honestly, the dumbest game poo poo I've seen in a very long time. I am 100% certain the gem poo poo they are adding in S1 will bring us back to "1.0" power levels, i.e., nerf to create future power. Whelp, the campaign was fun. Looking forward to this game in two years.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I fully expect Season 2 to be one (1) seasonal gimmick + QoL updates, which is why there can't be two (2) season gimmicks or a larger season than 1. Please wait until Season 3 for the D4 team to really roll up their sleeves.

Class redo will be the realm of expansions.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I'm nonplussed. Weren't they bragging how they were working on S3 already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

they should have done the all buffs patch now and the all nerfs patch during the end of season doldrums so the influencers and ai websites could get out the rage bait ahead of s2

instead this is going to set the tone for the s1 launch, gg

I'm pretty indifferent to the changes, the DR and armor nerfs are hilarious though - for players who never touched high tier nms it won't do much, but the changes will now cause you to straight up explode in higher tiers unless you're piling it in every possible affix slot - and just lol@both resists and sorcerers