Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fish Appreciator posted:

The stables have perfect vibes. If I've imbibed a bit too much and am not up to combat or exploration, palling around the stables is such a fun, cozy experience.

If by "fun" and "cozy", you mean "the best place to test out my latest attempt at a rotary laser/flame/explosion weapon contraption", you are 100% correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Beedle sucks, all my homies hate Beedle!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

neato burrito posted:

Beedle sucks, all my homies hate Beedle!

In the same way that the mythic archetypes of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are linked to the Three Goddesses of the Triforce, Beedle is another eternally recurring mythic archetype embodying that spooky Bargainer Statue god in the Depths. He has always existed, in every divergent timeline, and is always some bowl-cut weirdo who exposes his midriff and wants to sell you poo poo.

e: he's like a more unassuming, less obviously offputting version of the Happy Mask Salesman, who is himself almost certainly some sort of Moon Demon.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Saaa saaaaaa!

HIYAYA!

I like Beedle. My never ending thirst for more arrows always welcomes his approach.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I'd like Beedle a lot more if he didn't give me his whole "whoa gimme your very rare and necessary for upgrades Rhino Beetles in exchange for this lovely tonic that heals 5 hears" spiel every time I talked to him

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I appreciate the service Beedle provides, but sometimes you have to remind him who's in charge by chasing him around with ultrahand for a bit

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'd like Beedle a lot more if he didn't give me his whole "whoa gimme your very rare and necessary for upgrades Rhino Beetles in exchange for this lovely tonic that heals 5 hears" spiel every time I talked to him

Excuse me, those beetles are useful? Why does Beedle seem like the kindly end receiver for beetles if they serve other, secret uses?!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Space Fish posted:

Excuse me, those beetles are useful? Why does Beedle seem like the kindly end receiver for beetles if they serve other, secret uses?!
"kindly"
my man he literally sells arrows at 50% markup and plots to steal the beetles from you if you say no. you've been fooled by the customer service smile.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I got all the way through the game and didn't even learn those beetles were in the game until I saw them listed in the wiki later

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love showing up to the stables when it is raining or there is a thunderstorm. Everybody rushing inside for shelter, commenting on the weather, hanging out together inside (or chilling under a tree), it's great.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I talked to Beedle way less this time than in BOTW, where he was the main source of arrows. I also made mad bank selling hundreds of bokoblin guts and realized I don't really have much to spend rupees on. The main stuff I want to buy (fresh biggoron swords) go for poes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zelda's gonna be so mad when she finds out the guy she commissioned to design a new outfit for Link bought the design from the Bargainer Statues.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Only playing once in a while but I ran into my very first underworld colosseum and got Midna's helmet out of it :3:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think I found one whole beetle during my playtime and gave it up to Beedle cause I didn't realize it had another use. I haven't seen the other use either.

Still seems like less of a shitbag then Hagie though.

Is that glitch/exploit that lets you get NPCs onto platforms still in the game, and if so, is it possible to launch Hagie into low orbit?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
I know Beedle overpays for poo poo, but is he a better gem buyer than the bulk gem lady in Goron City?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I regretted giving Beedle a few beetles here and there when I realized the tier 4 upgrades to the barbarian set required 3 bladed rhino beetles per piece. It seemed like that was going to be a bigger roadblock than the white-maned Lynel horns at first. Then I discovered that the Dondon Sanctuary is chock full of them at night.

Also I hit max arrows a while ago despite shooting stuff a lot. I’m kind of surprised how often people mention running out. Maybe y’all don’t compulsively break every crate you see? I wish I could sell off some of them, more to stop the “inventory full” pop up than the potential rupees.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
What's the max arrow value, then? 999?

I've been fluctuating around a mere 350 to 400 arrows for most of my playtime.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I think the way most people run out of arrows is if they are shooting a lot of brightbloom seeds attached to arrows around the depths instead of just manually throwing them, and probably also not breaking stuff as you had mentioned.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
It took me way too long to realise I could just throw the brightblooms rather than burning arrows

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
wait there's beetles in this game?

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
Here's a video about how to farm the beetles. They are quite annoying to get

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
they're insanely easy to get lol. Just sleep til it's a non-rainy night and go into some specific forests wearing stealth gear and target them with sensor+

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

runchild posted:

I regretted giving Beedle a few beetles here and there when I realized the tier 4 upgrades to the barbarian set required 3 bladed rhino beetles per piece. It seemed like that was going to be a bigger roadblock than the white-maned Lynel horns at first. Then I discovered that the Dondon Sanctuary is chock full of them at night.

Also I hit max arrows a while ago despite shooting stuff a lot. I’m kind of surprised how often people mention running out. Maybe y’all don’t compulsively break every crate you see? I wish I could sell off some of them, more to stop the “inventory full” pop up than the potential rupees.

I don't run out but I do find them a *lot* harder to come by than in BotW and I do destroy the crates. I hover around a hundred or so and every time I dip below 70 or so I have to make a tour around Hyrule to buy more.

I keep hearing people say they have hundreds without trying and I wonder what I'm doing wrong. I think it's in my use, not my collecting: I'll often shoot like ten on a single silver boko in a single bullet time. I spend a lot of arrows on a Gleeok, and those don't come with ways to recoup them. Neither do froxes. Even regular camps I might use twenty or thirty (depending on the number of silvers and if I'm using my laserbot) and the crates I win for it have like, a five pack and two loosies.

Albatrossy_Rodent fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 19, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I see arrows as so insanely overpowered that I dont use them for DPS just for interaction with weak points and stunning enemies and stuff.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

No Wave posted:

I see arrows as so insanely overpowered that I dont use them for DPS just for interaction with weak points and stunning enemies and stuff.

Yeah I saw someone (final boss) take at least 75% of Ganondorf's second form just using a 3x Lynel bow with bomb arrows and it struck me as taking most of the fun and challenge out of it. But then again, I suppose you have to use another strategy if you can't smack him around with the Master Sword.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Arrows definitely felt a little feast-or-famine for me. I'd have like 100-200, and then next I knew it I'd be down to a few or out. I think it was just a cycle of doing more exploration orientated stuff, and then more combat orientated stuff. I tended to use them mostly for stuns/weak points, but if you're going up against a bunch of stuff like Hinox or Gleeoks, it's easy to burn through a lot.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I dunno, I use arrows like candy and i've always got like 400ish. Like, I use them to turn on zonai machines

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Arrows definitely felt a little feast-or-famine for me. I'd have like 100-200, and then next I knew it I'd be down to a few or out. I think it was just a cycle of doing more exploration orientated stuff, and then more combat orientated stuff. I tended to use them mostly for stuns/weak points, but if you're going up against a bunch of stuff like Hinox or Gleeoks, it's easy to burn through a lot.

That's how it is for me, I'll regularly have 150 or so, then suddenly notice I'm back down to single digits after running into some combat-heavier situations. But it's pretty easy to stock that amount back up and repeat the cycle.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Poque posted:

they're insanely easy to get lol. Just sleep til it's a non-rainy night and go into some specific forests wearing stealth gear and target them with sensor+

Yeah once I got stealth set and sensor+ the hardest part of gathering critters was getting photos of them in the first place.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don’t think I’ve ever seen beetles in BotW, and I’ve caught a couple in TotK only because Evermeans spawn tree-related materials when you kill them including bugs and lizards. They seem less likely to run away if they appear that way. I’ve tried releasing a beetle to take picture of it for my compendium, and it went flying to soon for me to get a shot or recapture it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is there a way to find out the coordinates while looking at the map? I see the map will display my current coordinates but it does not update the coordinates when I am scrolling to different locations on the map.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I really hate the water temple boss.

Found the depths version and it’s just such a huge pain in the loving rear end.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Donkringel posted:

Is there a way to find out the coordinates while looking at the map? I see the map will display my current coordinates but it does not update the coordinates when I am scrolling to different locations on the map.

I looked around online and never found any way to do that. Very disappointing, because they're so nice to have available, but limiting the display to only your location is a constant frustration.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I really hate the water temple boss.

Found the depths version and it’s just such a huge pain in the loving rear end.

Yeah it's just tedious and frustrating.

Having a couple spigots on enemy seeking carts makes it a lot easier.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There is a tree near satori mountain that spawns 3 of each beetle on it. You just drop a teleport beacon near it, put on stealth armor and just crawl over the tree and grab 9 beetles ezpz.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

There is a tree near satori mountain that spawns 3 of each beetle on it. You just drop a teleport beacon near it, put on stealth armor and just crawl over the tree and grab 9 beetles ezpz.

Oh I’m glad to hear that that location is still good for beetles; I haven’t really been to Satori Mt. to explore much yet.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Fuse a splash fruit on an arrow
Worked when you skip the temple, anyways.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Secret ending has leaked on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tearsofthe...nt=1&utm_term=1

Spoilers, obviously.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

HootTheOwl posted:

Fuse a splash fruit on an arrow
Worked when you skip the temple, anyways.

Opal weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
1 shrine left. No idea. Assume it's in the sky somewhere.