Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Onions are finally back (in a plastic ramekin in the cooler, and you have to ask, but still...they're back!) at the closest Costco to me. It seems like such a small thing, but they really do make a world of difference on the dogs. Little bit of crunch, sweetness, bite...just perfect. If they brought back the deli mustard, all would be right in the world.

The new mango smoothie is absolutely terrible. The berry smoothie was a million times better - bring it back!!

My biggest gripe right now is the induction range I ordered a month and a half ago on June 3rd. Delivery was scheduled for today, July 18th, which was no problem as I could wait.

My intrepid wife sold our existing range and the buyers picked it up merely a half hour before the delivery window of 5:30-7:30.

It's now almost 10pm and no delivery - just a big gaping hole where the old range used to be. I can't even cook myself the quesadilla I wanted to have.

My faith is shaken, but remains strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
To further this derail, caesar supposedly did not have anchovies, but who knows and anchovies make everything better anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJkasR3Iak
Also it is a boring rear end salad and the croutons are the best part

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I haven’t heard a single person who seems to like the new mango smoothie.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Julius bled the dressing when Brutus stabbed him and the 'chovy is big with Romans Italians. Mystery solved. Extra croutons sub iceberg.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It has one vegetable in it and it's the most boring flavorless one.

It's hardly a surprise that the goons who frequent this thread probably don't eat a lot of fresh greens with a variety of veggies, fruits or nuts in them.

You’re gonna have a variety of nuts in you if you don’t stop talking poo poo about salad

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Salad chat, there's a new Dill Pickle Salad Kit at Costco and it's actually delicious, but it's by that greedflation company Taylor Farms who occasionally puts broccoli stalks and lettuce assholes in the salad kits. And they shrunk this kit by like 2oz while keeping the price the same as the others. But it is tasty.

I found a link to a copycat recipe online so that's probably a better idea: https://fedbysab.com/dill-pickle-chopped-salad/

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I feel like..Caesars salad can be good, while not necessarily being healthy... simultaneously?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
sometimes you just want a salad because it's too loving hot out for hot food.

and no, third time around the mango smoothie has not grown on me, I hope they rotate it out sooner rather than later.

Perhaps if it tasted more like fresh mango rather than dried-and-reconstituted mango from concentrate.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Salad chat, there's a new Dill Pickle Salad Kit at Costco and it's actually delicious, but it's by that greedflation company Taylor Farms who occasionally puts broccoli stalks and lettuce assholes in the salad kits. And they shrunk this kit by like 2oz while keeping the price the same as the others. But it is tasty.

Yeah I have had this a few times and it’s actually really good.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pickle de Gallo

An actual Costco offering

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It has one vegetable in it and it's the most boring flavorless one.

It's hardly a surprise that the goons who frequent this thread probably don't eat a lot of fresh greens with a variety of veggies, fruits or nuts in them.

you should honestly be embarrassed about this post

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Impossibly Pstupid Sopinions

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Caesar salad is even better with grilled romaine

The little charred bits :yum:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i would inhale that. :discourse:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think caesar salad, one of the most popular types of salad in the world is pretty good. meanwhile, other salads? also good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A giant cobb salad with an almost inappropriate amount of bacon and bleu cheese is always a treat. Grilled chicken atop ftw.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Zero VGS posted:

I found a link to a copycat recipe online so that's probably a better idea: https://fedbysab.com/dill-pickle-chopped-salad/

This has been gone for it seems like almost a year and it finally came back and I picked one up. I swore it seemed small. Can't believe they'd mess with my dill pickle salad like that. It's a bagged salad. Their profits have to be huge.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Smugworth posted:

What in the

I've never seen this before but yeah that sounds dope

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

My washer/dryer delivery for Friday was canceled, with no new date available yet :qq:

Costco logistics were very helpful on the phone though so I have faith this will still end well

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

bizwank posted:

My washer/dryer delivery for Friday was canceled, with no new date available yet :qq:

Costco logistics were very helpful on the phone though so I have faith this will still end well

I got a fridge, oven, dishwasher, and microwave from Costco last year and we had a couple stumbles in the delivery process as well. Keep faith!

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I had a big-rear end TV delivered by them two years ago and there were no problems, so I'm not too worried. Just bummed I won't get to play with my new washer this weekend :(

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Smugworth posted:

Oh poo poo that slaps.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Scrapped dinner plans in favor of grabbing some dogs tonight.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Upgraded your dinner plans you mean

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

jeeves posted:

I haven’t heard a single person who seems to like the new mango smoothie.

i LOVE the mango smoothie but i seem to be an outlier even at my warehouse :sigh:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Dazerbeams posted:

Scrapped dinner plans in favor of grabbing some dogs tonight.

Put it on a Caesar salad instead of chicken.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

DamnitGannet posted:

i LOVE the mango smoothie but i seem to be an outlier even at my warehouse :sigh:

i got one to see if it was as bad as everyone said and it was. worse than baby food

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Somehow it tastes too sugary, yet it's like half the sugar of their mocha slushie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

A giant cobb salad with an almost inappropriate amount of bacon and bleu cheese is always a treat. Grilled chicken atop ftw.

I like my Cobbs without egg but yes

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Anyone been having Costco produce or other perishable good issues? Did a shop last Sunday and my bread already went moldy, the bag of broccoli we got was rancid, and pretty much anything perishable just went bad way quicker than usual. Been having more and more of these issues so wondering if church has been letting anyone else down lately. Thankfully I can take those items back and get a refund but its a fricking hassle.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Gatts posted:

I like my Cobbs without egg but yes

Well I like my eggs without cobs

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
I've gotten some apples from costco over the past few months that degrade unusually quickly.

I've had more trouble buying good onions, they're all either already sprouting in the middle or all dried out and weird. Not from Costco, I don't need that many onions, but just generally.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Supply chain problems, or does everything spoil faster now that the world is like permanently X degrees hotter. :sun:

Ice cream don't last like it used to either.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

FilthyImp posted:

Supply chain problems, or does everything spoil faster now that the world is like permanently X degrees hotter. :sun:

The chocolate bars in my freezer the wife buys are just sprouting last of us fungus and daring us to eat it. I mean we still ate them and now just keep buying more for our freezer so maybe global warming aint all bad.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we just had a mega heat wave throughout the continental us too

even if it didnt gently caress your fridge it might have hosed the cold chain

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Because we are fatter and the containers are smaller

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Guys on my second ever trip to Costco (my first trip was to get RX glasses) I bought:

Booze
A blender
Aluminum foil
Garbage bags
Vitamins
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Dried steak strips
Frozen blueberries

What things should I get on my next trip? I live alone 50% of the time, and with a small child the other 50% of the time, so I might not get through bulk perishables before they expire.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone try the Sicilian lemon cakes in the little glass jars? The flavor is....off to me.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

bob dobbs is dead posted:

we just had a mega heat wave throughout the continental us too

even if it didnt gently caress your fridge it might have hosed the cold chain

This is my guess

LiterallyATomato posted:

Guys on my second ever trip to Costco (my first trip was to get RX glasses) I bought:

Booze
A blender
Aluminum foil
Garbage bags
Vitamins
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Dried steak strips
Frozen blueberries

What things should I get on my next trip? I live alone 50% of the time, and with a small child the other 50% of the time, so I might not get through bulk perishables before they expire.

I usually get some canned stuff like beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.

Some other thread favorites:

Hatch Valley 505 green chiles (you can pour some out and freeze it, although it does seem to last a while open)

Jongga Kimchi (the one with two Gs). Not sure they still stock the other brands but they’re apparently vastly inferior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I despise kimchi but I will check out the chiles and canned goods. Thank you!