Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER
you can thank this stupid rear end in a top hat and his videos. :argh: Might as well go plays something else now considering utility kickstart has been off for two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xClrGzyIcvM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That’s the exact same method as the previous glitch so there’s probably something fundamentally wrong with mod handling and it’ll take a bit to fix

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I will never stop making fun of this game

:bungie::destiny:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
for this event do i need to be running poo poo with event armor in all my slots, or is one as good as any? can i cheat the requirement with transmog, like you can for iron banner?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What shotguns are even good in PvP right now, I've been stapled to Main Ingredient for the last two years.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

If I had a nickle for every time bungie leaked a subclass because an artist updated their portfolio, I'd have two nickles. Which isn't a lot but it's weird it's happened twice.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s funny that people are making a big deal about it because at this point it’s obviously intentional hype-building and also the new subclass being red is only an insane mind-blowing leak if you somehow didn’t know the most recent subclass was green

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

it’s funny that people are making a big deal about it because at this point it’s obviously intentional hype-building and also the new subclass being red is only an insane mind-blowing leak if you somehow didn’t know the most recent subclass was green

People all assumed it would be yellow/orange because of the whole Resonance thing and the fact that there's yellow lighting all over the gaff in Light Fall. Red is also "the SIVA colour" so people are jumping to conclusions (it isn't SIVA).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Red means it's almost certainly not Sorrow......:negative:

Although really, my dreams of a Sorrow subclass pretty much died and went to hell when they were talking about developing Strand and said "making a poison subclass seemed so boring and stupid and lame and you're an idiot if you wanted it." :negative:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

syntaxfunction posted:

People all assumed it would be yellow/orange because of the whole Resonance thing and the fact that there's yellow lighting all over the gaff in Light Fall. Red is also "the SIVA colour" so people are jumping to conclusions (it isn't SIVA).

whispers: siva siva siva

louder: SIVA SIVA SIVA

banging on the table, ochestral metal playing: SIVA SIVA SIVA

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Siva is cool but it's not fundamentally paracausal so I never got why people thought it would be a subclass. As cool as it might possibly be

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If they're gonna run the same playbook as this year, it's gonna be

"Guardian, we need to learn to harness this new strange power of... neon light anime cyberpunk skyscraper powers! Off to Venus!"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Guardian, we've detected traces of a subclass that is even more annoying for Warlocks to use in most game modes. Please head to Theia.

Stasis and Strand not having choices of supers kind of sucks. I get why, but it sucks that all the others have choices.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

MJeff posted:

What shotguns are even good in PvP right now, I've been stapled to Main Ingredient for the last two years.

Anything but rapid fire.

Ideally something with as much range as you can get. Precision and aggressive are quite good. Slugs are good as well but will only one hit on head shots.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

muike posted:

Siva is cool but it's not fundamentally paracausal so I never got why people thought it would be a subclass. As cool as it might possibly be

"SIVA exposure empowers Guardians' light" proves at the very least that SIVA and paracausal forces can interact, I guess.

Something something darkness is about emotion, something something Brays loving With Darkness something something Darkness SIVA subclass. :shrug:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I mean Guns aren't paracausal either, it just seems that Guardians are able to imbue that goodness into whatever we be wieldin'

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

MJeff posted:

"SIVA exposure empowers Guardians' light" proves at the very least that SIVA and paracausal forces can interact, I guess.

Something something darkness is about emotion, something something Brays loving With Darkness something something Darkness SIVA subclass. :shrug:

I think quicksilver overwrites the existence of Siva as a story relevant element now but i do think siva is cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

muike posted:

I took a break on Rise of Iron so when I got the Infected Seeker I thought it was a reference to Homeworld Cataclysm with the red vines all over and the blue and white color scheme until I remembered Outbreak Perfected lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDcELUCroDs

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean Guns aren't paracausal either, it just seems that Guardians are able to imbue that goodness into whatever we be wieldin'

I always thought it was neat that Crimson doesn't do anything fancy with Light or whatever else, somehow - it just explicitly does its thing regardless In Case Of Sequels. It's also the player character talking the most they ever have about the whole thing. They're not a fan!

quote:

According to official Vanguard policy, this weapon does not exist.

"This is crazy! You don't need this thing. I can heal you; that's my whole job."
"I thought your job was to state the obvious."
"What?"
"Oh, come on. Ever since you found me, it's been, 'Watch out, Fallen ahead!' when they're right in front of me. Or, my favorite: 'Seems like the door's locked.' Is it? Really? I couldn't tell. And when it's not that, you say I need to be more self-sufficient in case we lose the Light again. So here's my answer. Here's the remedy."
"I was just trying to help."

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 19, 2023

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

muike posted:

I think quicksilver overwrites the existence of Siva as a story relevant element now but i do think siva is cool

Nah, Chioma's logs basically said that Neomuna was built using SIVA and that anything they have is an evolution of that technology. SIVA is still around. It's very likely that the nanites that make Cloudstriders what they are is SIVA.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

RocketRaygun posted:

Nah, Chioma's logs basically said that Neomuna was built using SIVA and that anything they have is an evolution of that technology. SIVA is still around. It's very likely that the nanites that make Cloudstriders what they are is SIVA.

well the neomuna version of Siva is Quicksilver, right? that's what I meant. if I'm wrong let me know

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Quicksilver or whatever nanotech the Neomuni are using, is a SIVA that's been beefed up with Exo and Vex tech, and I think they specifically point out the Cloudstrider cores contain nanite colonies that comprise like the memories and files of the cloudstrider or something to that effect?

It also just dawned on me SIVA subclass would be the Fortnite subclass. Like, it's original purpose is to help with the rapid building of colonies. SIVA subclass lets you instantly build a house.

I feel like they could always also bring back SIVA from another unaccounted for colony ship too, but I feel like that'd be more of an obvious violation of the "SIVA story is done."

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
there's a lot of stuff we could have built off d1 and base d2 that just got thrown in the trash. Failsafe is never gonna get seen again for example

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like they could always also bring back SIVA from another unaccounted for colony ship too, but I feel like that'd be more of an obvious violation of the "SIVA story is done."

quote:

“We have a bunch of characters who are interesting, but the Exo Stranger is one that always makes me chuckle a little bit. Because I feel that’s one character where we actually wrapped up the arc. She gave you a sweet gun and then dissolved, presumably off to do something else. So I feel like, of all our characters we’ve introduced and exited, we actually exited her effectively.”
- Luke Smith

Stories can be made "not done" whenever they want. Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt that Bungie is bringing back SIVA for the last expansion of their massive Light and Darkness arc. but lets not take anything they say at face value here lmao.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Reiterpallasch posted:

for this event do i need to be running poo poo with event armor in all my slots, or is one as good as any? can i cheat the requirement with transmog, like you can for iron banner?

So you don't really need to run multiple pieces to get leaves, for a crucible match you get 4 leaves with 1 piece, 4 leaves with 3 pieces, and 5 leaves with 5 pieces.

However you 100% want to make a full loadout of solstice gear to switch to right before bonfire finishes, because it appears to be multiplicative, with 1 piece giving you about 20 ash up to around 100 ash if you have 5 pieces.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

muike posted:

there's a lot of stuff we could have built off d1 and base d2 that just got thrown in the trash. Failsafe is never gonna get seen again for example

What do you even do with Failsafe?

But it is funny that for being a character from a non-sunset destination, they've basically never been involved in a seasonal story?

Devrim has been pretty out of the picture up till Defiance though.

RocketRaygun posted:

- Luke Smith

Stories can be made "not done" whenever they want. Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt that Bungie is bringing back SIVA for the last expansion of their massive Light and Darkness arc. but lets not take anything they say at face value here lmao.

Oh of course, I just assumed the quote was more "there is not a Season of the SIVA anytime soon."

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Oxyclean posted:

What do you even do with Failsafe?

But it is funny that for being a character from a non-sunset destination, they've basically never been involved in a seasonal story?

Devrim has been pretty out of the picture up till Defiance though.

Oh of course, I just assumed the quote was more "there is not a Season of the SIVA anytime soon."

You're not wrong but it's an extant character with a dangling story thread that could be effectively pulled on imo. for a dumb guy (me) example, we put an entire warmind in an exo so we could hang out with him, i don't see why we can't do the same for Failsafe. also I don't really understand why of all the vaulted destinations, nessus was spared. separate thought though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

muike posted:

They left Nessus when they vooped the rest of the planets so they could do a Failsafe season eventually. It's coming. Not copium.

RocketRaygun posted:

- Luke Smith

God, he was an idiot.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

SIVA sucks. it lowers the stakes insanely to have a wunderwaffe that self-replicates and can build colonies in weeks—what’s the point in any other weapon if you can just drown the Witness in nanites and rebuild anything as quickly as it’s destroyed

they should have written it out, not made its existence the lore explanation for Neomuna.

and people only like it because it’s le epic gamer colors

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

MJeff posted:

They left Nessus when they vooped the rest of the planets so they could do a Failsafe season eventually. It's coming. Not copium.

fwiw if you tweet at Joy Osmanski and say “you rock, we miss Failsafe, come back!” she faves it. so at least the voice actor could be onboard. ball’s in your court, Bungie.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They gave Failsafe a full set of alternate dialogue for a raid, they wouldn't do that for a character they have no intention of using again. Not copium!!!!!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I played all of RoI and I never had a clue what siva was or did, it was just rad because it looked neato, had fun mechanics, and caused the best raid to exist

They should bring siva and Wrath back!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SIVA sucks. it lowers the stakes insanely to have a wunderwaffe that self-replicates and can build colonies in weeks—what’s the point in any other weapon if you can just drown the Witness in nanites and rebuild anything as quickly as it’s destroyed

they should have written it out, not made its existence the lore explanation for Neomuna.

On the other hand, if Megamind's whole deal is winnowing things into a probably still metaphorical final shape, throwing the thing that does the literal opposite of that at him seems like a pretty funny gently caress you

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Cayde-6 is the final shape. They tried to save us, but we went on a vendetta. We ruined everything. Cayde will consume all. There will be nothing but Cayde. It was in front of us the entire time, and we didn't listen. We never listened. We should have listened...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

muike posted:

You're not wrong but it's an extant character with a dangling story thread that could be effectively pulled on imo. for a dumb guy (me) example, we put an entire warmind in an exo so we could hang out with him, i don't see why we can't do the same for Failsafe. also I don't really understand why of all the vaulted destinations, nessus was spared. separate thought though.

I think vaulting came down almost entirely to tech issues? Like I dunno if I'm doing a telephone thing, but I heard the reason some stuff got vaulted is because it basically was built wrong - like mars strikes were basically full on duplications of the mars patrol zone, in a way that all the assets were duplicated rather then referenced.

I also heard Io was repurposed cut D1 destination, so I wonder if there's some of that in there to with which destinations got vaulted. Maybe Neesus was just built in a way it was much easier for them to revisit and update, or less work overall to fix.

I think they basically did write it out, and there's probably a reason it's part of what's up with Neomuna. But I also think even then, it's cool that Neomuna is sort of a view into what Siva was supposed to do / what a colony ship going "right" looks like? (Though the Veil makes that all very messy)

and sure, aesthetics is a huge excuse. Destiny as a franchise has had like, 1 instance of Siva aesthetics and a dozen instances of crappy black-and-white bad contrast areas.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's better that The Taken wasn't written out with Oryx's death since it'd be dumb to throw away a whole enemy type/faction, but I can half imagine the argument for it being yeeted like SIVA stuff. Or the alternate reality where they kept SIVA around but not Taken. Iunno.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Over the last week I've been watching I Hate Everything's destiny reviews beginning all the way back to D1. I'm going to watch Shadowkeep tonight.

One thing I laughed at was tokens. I have a fragment of a memory remembering faction and destination tokens. Io, crucible, vanguard, nesus, calus, edz, trials... It left me wondering, how offended was I at the time that my brain decided to block it as a safeguard? Or did I even give a poo poo to begin with? I don't even remember when tokens went away.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Tokens were just Rep that sits in your inventory and you hand it to the vendor and your Rep goes up and you get loot

It was just mechanically stupid because you needed to hold on to all the drat currencies, but even more so it was just conceptually dumb

Guardian, you saved the tower! Here's some fuckin' chuck e cheez tokens, go wild

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Guardians are entertained very easily

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

whispers: siva siva siva

louder: SIVA SIVA SIVA

banging on the table, ochestral metal playing: SIVA SIVA SIVA

:hmmyes:

Adbot