Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Tiny Timbs posted:

??? It's in the patch notes

The chest change, but there is currently a bug where cinders are dropping at 1/4 the rate they normally do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Why the hell did they hard bind the exp you get from level disparity if they're going to stealth limit access to the tier by your level anyway?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Swilo posted:

Reading on the official forums that WT3 and WT4 now have minimum level requirements of 50 and 70 :allears:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/lvl-50-required-for-world-3-and-70-for-world-4-this-is-not-on-patch-note/89004

lol the hits keeps coming.

We like to laugh at how dogshit release D3 was but woof they’re really going for it with this one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think they're trying to prevent powerleveling? But I hit WT4 at level 66-ish all on my own, and WT3 was a huge drag by that point.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't think I'm going to notice or care about 90% of this stuff when I'm actually playing the game. But I'm only level 70 and I mostly just dick around in T3 dungeons or T4 helltides.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tree of Whispers now requires 50 favors

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think they're trying to prevent powerleveling? But I hit WT4 at level 66-ish all on my own, and WT3 was a huge drag by that point.

You mean you conquered a challenging dungeon and unlocked rewards moderately earlier than blizzard intentioned? You're going to prison for this, bucko

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Tree of Whispers now requires 50 favors

wait what

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I cruised through the WT4 capstone at 63, it was ridiculously easy

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

acumen posted:

wait what

he's joking

it's actually 100

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I can report that the nerf to Helltide drop rates makes it absolutely not worth doing

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I'm waiting for the Metacritic score to start dropping like WC3 remaster.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

digitalist posted:

Patch is, not great. But I can't help to think back to d3 release and how it did end up getting better with time so I'll hope for similar with d4.

Wisdom here.

Just gonna say it cause I think it's worth saying, but in this, an all timer year for games, not playing is an option.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe blizzard will learn from GGG and just start ignoring internet fans.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

I'm waiting for the Metacritic score to start dropping like WC3 remaster.

the user reviews have always been pretty bad but maybe that's just standard on metacritic

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

quote:

Fixed an issue where Aspect of Control was applying its damage bonus 3 times for Staggered bosses.

This applied to all mobs, I thought, not just bosses.

Still, an incredible chaos dunk on sorcerer. Gutting the biggest damage aspect, slapping down the devouring blaze passive, gutting vuln, trimming down crit damage, removing a huge chunk of CDR, slapping down the aspect that gives bonus damage to stunned, ditto the aspect that gives bonus damage to unstoppable. Losing a big chunk of armor from Disobedience, increasing damage taken from close and distant, reducing total armor rolls, that's a lot of nerfs.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think I'm not going to bother with season 1 if WT4 requires 70.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

harrygomm posted:

it is now 1500 cinders to get a 6 chest helltide rather than 1050. even at the not bugged drop rate that’s pretty hard. going to make forgotten souls a much bigger pain for much longer
I mean, you only even get the opportunity for 6 chests like once every 10 Helltides so that’s kind of a weird goalpost to set.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Name Change posted:

I can report that the nerf to Helltide drop rates makes it absolutely not worth doing

Hard confirm. Did they shorten them to 30 minutes as well?

I got the "Helltides are happening" and then it was half over.

I also got a kinda pop up message from "Hackers" that said Look. No idea what that was about though.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
These patch notes confuse me. Sorc had pretty limited builds and so they just.. nerfed the decent builds and then reduced numbers generally for them? I don’t really get it. Like all the stuff they did sounds like it will make the game more tedious for both casuals and try-hards.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I was fine with all the patch note changes, but if this 50/70 level restriction for WT3/4 is true then I don't even know how to react to that. Don't gate content by grinding time you idiots, gate it by character power. If they're worried about boosting I'd rather they make the capstone dungeons solo-only.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
the game needs to soak up more unregretted user minutes

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

euphronius posted:

Maybe blizzard will learn from GGG and just start ignoring internet fans.

are you suggesting that somebody wanted this?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

These patch notes confuse me. Sorc had pretty limited builds and so they just.. nerfed the decent builds and then reduced numbers generally for them? I don’t really get it. Like all the stuff they did sounds like it will make the game more tedious for both casuals and try-hards.
I don't think you sound confused at all.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I wonder how many user seconds the average player will play in season 1.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

PringleCreamEgg posted:

haha the patch notes can't be that bad, i must be reading them wrong

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Vulpes posted:

I was fine with all the patch note changes, but if this 50/70 level restriction for WT3/4 is true then I don't even know how to react to that. Don't gate content by grinding time you idiots, gate it by character power. If they're worried about boosting I'd rather they make the capstone dungeons solo-only.

Yeah I'm definitely here. Not mad about the nerfs, these days I'm rarely mad about nerfs frankly, but this is dispiriting.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Spent some time with my twisted blades rogue who relies on turning on vuln and there isn’t really any difference I can tell. I can run my nmd at the same or slightly higher level and the helltides without any real risk of dying unless I gently caress up my cooldowns in a nasty mob. There is a lot of poo poo flying around tho, maybe some of that got buffed to make up for it.

Nerfing the helltides drop rate sucks poo poo, but getting more loot from nmd probably balances that out.

Getting movevment up to 160% makes it a fundamentally different game, and I would recommend.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What level dungeons are you running? I'm noticeably squishier on my rogue. Was doing 55 yesterday and failing at 41 today.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

https://twitter.com/CARNDARAK/status/1681404758505185280?s=20

Can't really argue with the Official Best Diablo IV Player. His name is on the trophy and everything.

that's the world first level 100 hardcore btw

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
haven't read the patch notes yet cuz they're long af, but is it actually as bad as people are making it seem or is it just reddit whining?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

haven't read the patch notes yet cuz they're long af, but is it actually as bad as people are making it seem or is it just reddit whining?

they're bad, but are they that bad? Only you can decide.

They are objectively bad though.

My reasoning for this:

They made the game grindier. This only benefits blizzard as now any content they spend money on will last longer.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

they're pretty rough, but not nearly as rough as reddit makes them seem, unless this hard requirement to be 50 to go to wt3 and need to be 70 to go to wt4 is intended and stays. probably roughest to sorc and barb. roll one of the other three.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

It is simultaneously true that Reddit is whining hysterically, and also there is basically not a single thing to be excited about in the patch notes.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

pork never goes bad posted:

they're pretty rough, but not nearly as rough as reddit makes them seem, unless this hard requirement to be 50 to go to wt3 and need to be 70 to go to wt4 is intended and stays. probably roughest to sorc and barb. roll one of the other three.

rogue is significantly nerfed too, everyone is just focusing on all the class-specific changes being 95% buffs but the general nerfs to everyone and to item affixes outweigh those significantly.

so post-patch rogues have improved relative to post-patch other classes, but post-patch rogues are significantly worse than pre-patch rogues.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One noticeable improvement is that WT2 finally has an appropriate level of reward. WT2 today is no slower than WT1 was yesterday (Rogue OP) and I'm getting heaps of legendaries at level 35?!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

It’s not unplayable or apocalyptically bad but it’s a red flag for the future direction of the game. These notes changed player sentiment from:

“They turned D3 around to be a really fun game so they’ll get there eventual.”

To:

“This is going to be worse than Diablo Immortal.”

Just a general feel that the patch is about drawing out engagement and not creating fun.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Saltpowered posted:

It’s not unplayable or apocalyptically bad but it’s a red flag for the future direction of the game. These notes changed player sentiment from:

“They turned D3 around to be a really fun game so they’ll get there eventual.”

To:

“This is going to be worse than Diablo Immortal.”

Just a general feel that the patch is about drawing out engagement and not creating fun.

it's bizarre to slow it down because D4 already is probably the slowest to progress arpg ever made. people were spending like mmorpg amounts of time getting their characters leveled and into endgame content. like it makes sense that they would: their ability to sell items is directly proportional to how long it takes people to reach their goals in the game so they have every financial incentive to drag the game out as long as they think people will tolerate... but it seemed like it was already pretty effectively dragged out?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

it's bizarre to slow it down because D4 already is probably the slowest to progress arpg ever made. people were spending like mmorpg amounts of time getting their characters leveled and into endgame content. like it makes sense that they would: their ability to sell items is directly proportional to how long it takes people to reach their goals in the game so they have every financial incentive to drag the game out as long as they think people will tolerate... but it seemed like it was already pretty effectively dragged out?

Yeah I assume they want people to spread it out over the length of the season rather than frontloading their playtime. I assume there will be some time gating/slowdown/daily or weekly missions or whatever on the battlepass to help achieve that

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Scoss posted:

It is simultaneously true that Reddit is whining hysterically, and also there is basically not a single thing to be excited about in the patch notes.

the malignant hearts look p cool imo

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

rogue is significantly nerfed too, everyone is just focusing on all the class-specific changes being 95% buffs but the general nerfs to everyone and to item affixes outweigh those significantly.

so post-patch rogues have improved relative to post-patch other classes, but post-patch rogues are significantly worse than pre-patch rogues.

what you say about rogue is basically true of druid and necro too - they're worse than before. but they'll be fine to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Hashy posted:

No WT5 is the funniest poo poo here. I guess there's always the possibility that season 1 has WT5, but if it doesn't that's a no-play from me

You should probably put WT5 out of your mind. I’m sure it will happen eventually but I’d be shocked if it happened this year. They’ve said they don’t intend people to get to 100 every season and most people gassing out before then seems intentional. The fact they had it and removed it isn’t a reason to expect it to come back.

There’s nothing exciting in them, and a lot of bad stuff. I think blizzard owned themselves by not revealing any of the seasonal stuff. Or it’s actually gonna be poo poo and the sentiment is gonna get even worse.