Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

newspaper says tomorrow's gonna be hotter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Looks like that guy is alive. Scientists wrong again.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

triple sulk posted:

newspaper says tomorrow's gonna be hotter

hotter?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Petey posted:

I have a small jungle in my room (12x14' or so, but well-sealed) but unfortunately plants scrub negligible CO2 (NASA has extensively tested this).

It’s pretty directly related to how much dry biomass the plants put on.

If the room does not contain a farm large enough to supply a significant fraction of your dietary needs, it’s not really going to move the needle.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Like yesterday.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

So far during this heat event Fresno has gotten as high as 109F... Bit shy of the 120F.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Like yesterday.

yesterday? yesterday you said you'd call sears

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'll call tomorrow

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

i'll call tomorrow

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
ANOTHER SCORCHER :tif:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

CIA should turn off their weather machine and give the Iranians a break

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

iranians are destined to inherit the future earth

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Paradoxish posted:

Oh that person wasn't in Iran, it was just an illustrative photo of a person, added just in case any of their readers had forgotten what a person look like. Newspapers can be very informative like that.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

SirPablo posted:

So far during this heat event Fresno has gotten as high as 109F... Bit shy of the 120F.

Goddamn model crisis :negative:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

icecream yum! gang gang.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:black101:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Phoenix just had its hottest week ever.

congratulations :toot:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There are still people posting on this forum, non immunocompromised people, who won't go outside without a mask, won't go to restaurants, get all their groceries delivered, etc etc. People are crazy.

Hahahahahaha
"Gosh these perfectly healthy people don't want to play Russian roulette, how insane!"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Shifty Nipples posted:

congratulations :toot:

Thanks. Great time for me to leave.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

biceps crimes posted:

I sleep in a 10’x9’ room and can’t open the windows in the summer since it’s too hot and humid

I crack the windows for the other 9 months of the year though

I'm in a similar sleeping situation, small room, searing heat outside. I found that leaving a window open even a tiny bit (an inch or so) means I wake up to 1200-1400 ppm which is way better than the 3000+ if I leave it completely closed. Not sure how much that is loving up my AC efficiency but probably not a ton.

At least there's no fires around here so I don't have to worry overmuch about AQI from the outside air.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Rubellavator posted:

My water was out for 3 days and it came back about two hours before the power went out this loving sucks

good luck friend hope it comes back soon

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does anyone sell assassins creed style white sun protection jackets with a large deep hood?

Like, thin, enough for spf50. There are some in China but I think they will be too small if they aren’t made for fat westerners.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/timeseries?site=OIBP&hours=72

You can follow along in real time - they've made 140+ heat index every afternoon since then.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

This is so fuggin' sad. lmao

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

more like Iran inside to the AC

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
sears commercial the most successful commercial of all time

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

* Does not apply to anyone born after 1998.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

RandomBlue posted:

nah this poo poo was everywhere for like a year++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauYnVE6ykU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

RandomBlue posted:

*Don Draper voice*

"But what if.. He calls now?"

Teriyaki Hairpiece has issued a correction as of 17:31 on Jul 19, 2023

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

more like Iran inside to the AC

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i think we can all admit that while sears is absolutely up in the top three, pure moods is the goat

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

nah this poo poo was everywhere for like a year++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauYnVE6ykU

My father and his best friend still greet each other on the phone with this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

triple sulk posted:

i think we can all admit that while sears is absolutely up in the top three, pure moods is the goat

sail away sail away sail away

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

that one tootsie pop commercial is still on the air. it was already 30 years old when we used to make jokes about it on the playground

if you've never imitated mr. owl saying a-one, a-two-hoo, a-three then you weren't a kid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rubellavator posted:

that one tootsie pop commercial is still on the air. it was already 30 years old when we used to make jokes about it on the playground

if you've never imitated mr. owl saying a-one, a-two-hoo, a-three then you weren't a kid

Wait really? That's kinda cool. I want that 80s whatchamacallit ad to come back

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Ihmemies posted:

Does anyone sell assassins creed style white sun protection jackets with a large deep hood?

Like, thin, enough for spf50. There are some in China but I think they will be too small if they aren’t made for fat westerners.

of course! Search for "sun shirt" or "sun hoodie," every major outdoor brand makes one. I love my paper-thin but high-SPF Mountain Hardware one for wearing basically all the time in summer, and my slightly heavier/more durable one from Prana is the one I usually reach for to take climbing. Columbia has a whole line of PFG-branded sunshirts because people use them for fishing a lot too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh my god, great marketing idea: call them sunbreakers

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/WeatherProf/status/1681701519782027266

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Phoenix just broke its all time warm low record, it only cooled to 97F this morning. Old record was 96 from 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i have added a parasol to my accoutrements.