Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Thaddius the Large posted:

I took on my phone* that I’m hoping to do some very light editing on, most notably stitching those into a single video. Is there some recommended software for that kind of thing, preferably some combination of cheap/free and idiot proof?

If it's an iPhone, iMovie is, I believe free (or very inexpensive).

If you're on android, Adobe premiere rush has a 7 day trial so that's free-ish on a short timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Finally watched Evil Dead Rise.

It was a'ight, and satisfactory for my level of entertainment for a Tuesday night.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dango Bango posted:

Ugh gently caress Musk for breaking Twitter. I want to see the thread but there's no way in hell I'm registering an account for it

I still have an account since I haven't deleted it, and going back to John Cusack chat who I didn't know was on the platform since I never sought out celebrities to follow my brother is a capital P Poster it seems. He has a lot of thoughts he needs to get out.

None of the thoughts are bad and most are pretty damned good from brief browsing, but there are a lot of them.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Qwijib0 posted:

If it's an iPhone, iMovie is, I believe free (or very inexpensive).

If you're on android, Adobe premiere rush has a 7 day trial so that's free-ish on a short timeline

Started monkeying around with this and seems the simplest solution was exactly what I was looking for, go figure. Thanks!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Grittybeard posted:

I still have an account since I haven't deleted it, and going back to John Cusack chat who I didn't know was on the platform since I never sought out celebrities to follow my brother is a capital P Poster it seems. He has a lot of thoughts he needs to get out.

None of the thoughts are bad and most are pretty damned good from brief browsing, but there are a lot of them.

Your brother has been righteously adhering to the Gospel of :justpost:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Grittybeard posted:

I think John Cusack is actually a pretty decent human being? I remember reading stuff but now my sleep-deprived/damaged brain can't remember.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1681247117602332673?s=20

It's gonna be really funny if Biden beats Trump after Trump clearly stole both the arc of the covenant and the spear of destiny.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rectal Placenta posted:

Better Off Ted was an excellent show, another victim of award winning writing with poor ratings.

The poor ratings hurt it, the previous writer's strike killed it. They even released the last two episodes that they had already filmed on the internet for streaming.

Also I got so used to seeing Portia de Rossi with her hair up tight as Veronica that when she showed up in one of those two final episodes with her hair down I almost didn't recognize her.

Now hit him with a phone!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hey computer goons, I realize there’s probably a thread/subforum for this kind of thing but I don’t want to go digging for it when y’all probably know, I have a series of videos I took on my phone* that I’m hoping to do some very light editing on, most notably stitching those into a single video. Is there some recommended software for that kind of thing, preferably some combination of cheap/free and idiot proof?

Da Vinci Resolve is free and relatively intuitive.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Started monkeying around with this and seems the simplest solution was exactly what I was looking for, go figure. Thanks!

Late to this and not sure if you’re referring to the iMovie or Android stuff, but yeah I’ve made a short little bullshit cooking video all on my iPhone out of several clips in like five minutes and it turned out reasonably different so it should work well for you! Also yeah that’s some fuckin bullshit.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

T-Square posted:

My dudes you don’t watch Burn Notice for superb writing lol

Also Jeffrey Donovan owned in Sicario
I saw Sicario for the first time a few weeks ago and holy poo poo, it is like a powered launch roller coaster that somehow has additional power launches all the way through. And I mean that in the best way.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Heading up to Coors and despite spending plenty of time for Denver I’ve never caught a game. I’m inordinately excited and hoping for some very garish merch in their fan shop.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

T-Square posted:

Late to this and not sure if you’re referring to the iMovie or Android stuff, but yeah I’ve made a short little bullshit cooking video all on my iPhone out of several clips in like five minutes and it turned out reasonably different so it should work well for you! Also yeah that’s some fuckin bullshit.

Yeah, iMovie was stupidly easy and fast, apparently my apprehension at video editing software being expensive and difficult is a relic of the past, but I’m also going to give Timby’s recommendation a shot since it has some of the stabilization capability I’m hoping for, may take some finagling since I did a few pans/zooms over the course of the 2 hours, but hopefully I can just apply that stabilization to specific chunks instead of the entire thing

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

CannonFodder posted:

I saw Sicario for the first time a few weeks ago and holy poo poo, it is like a powered launch roller coaster that somehow has additional power launches all the way through. And I mean that in the best way.

Brietbart & all but it ended up being unfortunately prophetic:

It was the first Villanueve film I saw and it's been a roller coaster since.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Heading up to Coors and despite spending plenty of time for Denver I’ve never caught a game. I’m inordinately excited and hoping for some very garish merch in their fan shop.

Hell of a way to drop divorce on your wife LeeMajors

https://twitter.com/TheSuzieHunter/status/1681739303528050691?t=lXqkl3Vr746hSBgCMhjJag&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

There was lots of confusion around that one haha

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

How do I make this the chat thread background?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Clearly NOT made to chill.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Coors is a 10/10 fan experience, wow.

Lowkey Rockies fan now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Never date a Becky.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

Coors is a 10/10 fan experience, wow.

Lowkey Rockies fan now.

Can confirm, a very fun experience.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's been a long time but when Lodo first came around that place was an absolute blast in my younger years.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Never date a Becky.

I can confirm this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the Yankees are insane cowards

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Brietbart & all but it ended up being unfortunately prophetic:

It was the first Villanueve film I saw and it's been a roller coaster since.

So many people haven't seen Prisoners and it's loving tremendous.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

So many people haven't seen Prisoners and it's loving tremendous.

I assumed it was based on a book after I saw it and was so dissapointed there isn't a giant series of novels about Detective Loki a la the Mathew Scudder books by Lawrence Block.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

a neat cape posted:

the Yankees are insane cowards

lol what happened?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Intentionally walked Ohtani four times

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol weaklings

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

I thought this was going to be about their stadium cat needing a new home but this is also good.

I'm currently very vexed since I accidentally burned my arm while cooking. It's fine, just a raised line, but I'm still annoyed.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

a neat cape posted:

And they still got their asses kicked too. Massive loser energy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Jesus Christ. Is Otani a Barry Bonds that can pitch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMfT2cZGHg

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Air Skwirl posted:

Or a Babe Ruth, but at the same time. Feel like it’s basically Deion and Bo for just sheer, versatile athleticism that I can even compare him to. I’m not a big baseball guy but he still just fuckin blows my mind

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ozymandius1024 posted:

lol

lmao

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Ohtani may have said he wanted to be in a smaller market city team when came to the MLB but I prefer to believe he could sense the inherent cowardice in the Yankees.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Air Skwirl posted:

Could be

bawfuls posted:

so when does Ohtani start getting the juiced balls?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The hardest part of that chart is the .019 more points in the batting average. HR's and RBIs are not easy per se, but average is by far the most difficult part to blow up through conventional sports medicine/training (or we'd have seen Tony Gwynn break .400 back when pitchers weren't universally insanely good like they are now.)

Also Ohtani has hit 24 home runs or something since the last time Judge had an AB. Longevity is a big part of MLB legacy. He's going to make a tremendous addition to the Dodgers next year!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

This poor lil spider that’s set up shop in our balcony garden has had to re-do his web three times, and now it’s gonna be four because I forgot where his new spot was next to the tomatoes and I accidentally destroyed it watering them this morning and watched him scurry off :(

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm currently very vexed since I accidentally burned my arm while cooking. It's fine, just a raised line, but I'm still annoyed.

I was making a lunch under the broiler yesterday and got myself on the rack while pulling my food out and flung it straight into the bottom of the oven :mad:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Steam vent from the rice maker got me yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend is a research nurse in a children’s hospital and is currently complaining about work and I have no idea what she’s talking about.

Just smile and nod