Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Random thought: N Sinclair already got a buff via. the changes to his base E.G.O. and we haven't even seen his 4th Uptie yet... :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
after careful consideration I've decided to uptie my faves

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I do still kind of want to prioritize using egoshards to buy things from the dispenser over using them to upgrade stuff I have already. I already have a rule on when to open shard boxes and buy a new thing, so I'll have to make another rule for upgrades.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

There's a strong chance I'll just hoard all my crates until the end of season and see what I can do with them then.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I mean, we're going to see a ton of uptie 4s, so I would not be surprised if at least a few identities get upgrades that propell them into the top tier.

But yeah, I'm definitely starting by uptying my OP identities and then thinking about the lovely ones if i have any thread left.

I'll have enough to uptie 3, GEE I WONDER WHICH ONES

anyway having to drop 250 thread on any new 000s I get has strongly discouraged me from trying to pull anything in the near future unless it's openly busted so uh good job PM

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 18, 2023

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I think my main concern with UT4 is that I really, really hope they still have UT3 stats available to look at for banner units. UT3 is easy to budget for any unit I actually want to use. UT4 isn't, so if that's the only set of numbers you get it can be a real crapshoot to see if a new ID is going to have a kit that makes sense at UT3.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tricky posted:

I think my main concern with UT4 is that I really, really hope they still have UT3 stats available to look at for banner units. UT3 is easy to budget for any unit I actually want to use. UT4 isn't, so if that's the only set of numbers you get it can be a real crapshoot to see if a new ID is going to have a kit that makes sense at UT3.

p. sure every ID's gonna be built with UT4 is mind from now on so they're probably just gonna show UT4

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
Given that I only use a fraction of my EGO and identities and have long given up maxing everything I have, this doesn't seem too bad. As long as we still get lore dumps at Uptie 3 and not 4.

I also think it will be a while before they make content that is outright impossible to win without a party of fully uptied/threadspun characters. Maybe it will require a lot of luck and good decisions, but the game is definitely more interesting if you aren't able to win the vast majority of clashes

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Most of you are going to beeline directly to N Corp Faust or Sinclair, Warp Don, Seven Outis, Spicebush Yi Sang etc. for your first T4, I bet.

But who are you going to check first? Cuz honestly I'm looking at the Shi, Blade Lineage and Fairy Ishmael, just to see how they get boosted.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Junpei posted:

Most of you are going to beeline directly to N Corp Faust or Sinclair, Warp Don, Seven Outis, Spicebush Yi Sang etc. for your first T4, I bet.

But who are you going to check first? Cuz honestly I'm looking at the Shi, Blade Lineage and Fairy Ishmael, just to see how they get boosted.

gregor.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

R Ishmael I think is on the cusp of being really, really good, so I'm very curious to see where she'll be.

Also I'm a big fan of the Burn team and I think they're pretty decent already, so I definitely wanna see the Liu Association IDs.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

All of them, so I can update my spreadsheet. :lobcorp:

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I got relatively lucky with the bosses this week, pulled Kromer, bull and then fox. Kept banging my head against the bulls absurd coin values. Probably could have cleared it eventually but I just ate the losses, the other two was easy. Gotta do some normal runs next week so I can get those upper left buffs for the bull or my form empties, jeez. At least we only have to do it once per week now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

posadas posted:

Given that I only use a fraction of my EGO and identities and have long given up maxing everything I have, this doesn't seem too bad. As long as we still get lore dumps at Uptie 3 and not 4.

I also think it will be a while before they make content that is outright impossible to win without a party of fully uptied/threadspun characters. Maybe it will require a lot of luck and good decisions, but the game is definitely more interesting if you aren't able to win the vast majority of clashes

I've never even attempted to max everything I have but like even maxing just one ID for every character is gonna take ages

Marluxia posted:

I got relatively lucky with the bosses this week, pulled Kromer, bull and then fox. Kept banging my head against the bulls absurd coin values. Probably could have cleared it eventually but I just ate the losses, the other two was easy. Gotta do some normal runs next week so I can get those upper left buffs for the bull or my form empties, jeez. At least we only have to do it once per week now.

I just play fully intending to quit at the boss, which is honestly way less stressful since you don't have to worry about your resources ticking down

I dunno how many points you'll get docked for quitting there at the weekly ver though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

I'm gonna laugh at how Blade Yi Sang gets like 10 Poise per hit now and is still awful

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I brought Blade Lineage Yi Sang to both the first railway and the Canto 4 dungeon and he put in solid work simply owing to the fact that his high Offense Growth meant he was actually getting +2 to 3 power in clashes a good chunk of the time.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Junpei posted:

Probably the Rosepanner Mersault and Rodion, since I use them pretty often. Probably also Chef Ryoshu and Chef Gregor. I know for sure Cinq Donc when she comes out.

Junpei posted:

I brought Blade Lineage Yi Sang to both the first railway and the Canto 4 dungeon and he put in solid work simply owing to the fact that his high Offense Growth meant he was actually getting +2 to 3 power in clashes a good chunk of the time.

Can someone explain to me how the Offense/Defense stat works?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

He was my first 000 ID so I do have a fondness for him and used him a lot starting out, but he can't really do anything when he wins those clashes later on

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Well, it used to have a fancy equation for how offense/defense stats translate to actual numbers. But those equations made the difference between high and low numbers too big the further you go past level 30, so now they're just making it straight addition to an ID's numbers. (Well, if I remember correctly. I may have just misremembered an earlier blog post and they just meant the offense/defense up/down being changed to straight addition in this update.)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Junpei posted:

But who are you going to check first?
All Fausts, Ishmaels and Rodyas.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Yeah, it's actually pretty simple. Currently, every difference of 5 in offense levels during a clash(or when clashing against a Counter skill), gives you 1 extra power in the clash. When clashing a defensive skill, the Defense stat is used instead. After the update, they're consolidating numbers like what was said above, and the interval is gonna move to every 3 levels instead of 5. Outside of the clashing phase, every interval gives an extra +3% damage, or at least that's what I've been told.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Numbus26 posted:

Yeah, it's actually pretty simple. Currently, every difference of 5 in offense levels during a clash(or when clashing against a Counter skill), gives you 1 extra power in the clash. When clashing a defensive skill, the Defense stat is used instead. After the update, they're consolidating numbers like what was said above, and the interval is gonna move to every 3 levels instead of 5. Outside of the clashing phase, every interval gives an extra +3% damage, or at least that's what I've been told.

Also when actually hitting the difference between offense level and defense level matters, not just clashing against a defensive skill.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They buffed W Don. That's great.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
gonna be honest, y'all, i'm not sure how to evaluate these ut4s

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
cannibal ryoshu seems pretty rad tho

e: upgrading her and treesang; bunnycliff t4 seems frankly unspectacular

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 20, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

so it's a complete clusterfuck then as expected?

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022
I'm still looking through everything, but I just noticed something kinda crazy: at uptie 4, Shi Heathcliff's S3 becomes an aoe attack when below half health (and his stuff in general triggers below half health instead of 25%, and he has poise now).

Edit: wait R Corp Ishmael is insane at uptie 4: her S1 has +1 base power and gives 2 more charge; her S2 has +2 coin power (making it a 6 to 18) and gives 2 more charge; her S3 only requires 8 charge instead of 10, only spends that much instead of all of it, and has +1 coin power so it can roll to a total of 26; her evade gives charge when evading; and her passive only drains her sanity if she doesn't deal damage. Probably the best uptie 4 upgrade, and it's on an identity that was already pretty good.

CountDuckoo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 20, 2023

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Okay it seems like they went for "trying to balance things" if R.Heath is any indication since all it really gets is a boost to its defense skill (lol) and 3 more ammo.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Google Jeb Bush posted:

For EGOs if it gets AOE that seems like the best possible upgrade. Rodya's 4th match flame goes to a 3 hit AOE, and Yi Sang's 4th Match goes from 3 to 5.

For IDs, I'm looking for better rolls or the ability to do their role better. R Ishmael's 4th uptie is a huge upgrade causing her to rake in a lot more charge and even requires less for her 3rd skill. I don't know if it's enough to make her good but it's a major step in the right direction and they even made her passive less terrible.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Looking at some of the bad units I happen to have at uptie 3 holy poo poo a bunch of tank-type units like zwei sinclair can ACTUALLY do their job now with the aggro system!

Edit: Oh hey neat N.Sinclair's passive now gives a +10% damage boost if the entire party (well, 5 members) are N Corp. All he gets besides that is slightly more Burn which, y'know, fair enough.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 20, 2023

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
There's a lot of really powerful Uptie/Threadspin IVs (shoutout to R Ishmael), but there's also a few duds. And then there's whatever the hell this is:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
There's a variety of very interesting buffs and changes here (I'm waiting to do a more thorough lookover until I get a chance to run through it with some friends after their closing work shifts): N Sinclair's passive now gives a global 10% damage boost to full N Corp team comps, but in an appropriate balancing move his only other change is some slightly improved Burn application. Some identities get conditional Coin Power bonuses, like a high but not unachievable 7+ for Seven Section Outis' final coin. Rosespanner Rodion can get +1 coin power on Vibration Compression of all things (potential +4 across all of its coins with the rerolls, a BIG damage buff) if the enemy has 10+ Tremor Count, and her ability to apply Tremor Count has improved.

EGO-wise Yi Sang's Sunshower has a bigger AoE budget so it can reliably hit more targets, and the roll got a significant bump up of about +5. The Corrosion is now a 35 -15!

I feel like these have, of the ones I've seen so far, landed in a really good sweet spot: They're not so good they are a must-have, people who felt like the sky was falling because they need to uptie every single ID just... no. This is meant to be a modest-to-big buff up for lacking identities and a little touch of polish and flavor for your faves who are already good. At the same time the effects are not so bad as to be unusable: N Sinclair's might be relatively small but +10% team-wide damage is basically an EGO Gift, and 2 red owned is trivial on that team.

I think if the intention is for Uptie 4 to be a slow gradual "bring your guys to this level as you get the resources / find yourself using them enough" kind of thing? Then what I have seen so far is a good start.

Yinlock posted:

emptied-quote

Please stop just randomly blathering random unchecked and unsupported negativity in response to everything, it's not a meaningful contribution.

Yggdrasi
Jan 23, 2020
Took a quick look at all the uptie 4s and definitely think Rish and BL Sinclair are winners.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

BL Yi Sang has a new passive that makes Poise good by making it give him more coin power instead lol.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The real buff to Rheathcliff is bodysack gets another 2 attack power after upgrade, so now you can GUN harder.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

R Heath will get 2 extra ammo on Tier IV and nothing else.

and it will still be a must upgrade

god you were so close

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
One thing that is kind of annoying is that, as expected, the shop now lists IDs at Uptie IV instead of III, so you can't check new ones at a level you can be reasonably expected to get them to.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Saigyouji posted:

One thing that is kind of annoying is that, as expected, the shop now lists IDs at Uptie IV instead of III, so you can't check new ones at a level you can be reasonably expected to get them to.

Yeah this will hopefully be the kind of thing we can toggle either very soon, or at LEAST after the upcoming UI overhaul they promised alongside Canto 4.5 or 5.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Big Kids Review, this is just me skimming so it might be wrong:

R Heath: +3 ammo and a better passive

Spicy Yi Sang: +1 sinking on his skill 1 and coin power + 1 on his AoE if his main taget has 6+ sinking, otherwise nothing

N Sinclair: Boosts a full N corp team and his % dmg effects do a bit more

W Don: Rip now gets 4 charge on heads and her attacks get fat boosts if she has 5+/7+ charge

Chef Ryoshu: Skill 1 gets 1 more Appetite, skill 2 gets +1 Appetite on use, +1 Bleed and +1 Hp Recovery Down.

G Gregor: Skill 1 gets a coin boost and skill 2 gets a giant damage boost if the enemy has a lot of rupture, which makes them kind of situational as getting Rupture to stick around is rough. His skill 3 also heals just by hitting rather than rolling Heads.

7 Outis: Skill 1 inflicts 1 Rupture, Skill 2 inflicts an extra +1 Rupture, and skill 3 gets Coin +2 if the enemy has 7 rupture, so basically never unless you're running a Rupture team.

Liu Ish: Skill 1 gets an extra +1 coin power at 6 burn, Skill 2 gets an extra +1 at 12, and skill 3's damage boost got bumped up to 50%.

N Faust: The Gripping inflicts 2 nails instead of 1, and her Skill 3's damage boost got bumped up to 70%. Her passives also apply 2 Fanatic instead of 1.

Overall nothing too extreme

lol category: Blade Yi Sang now generates a shitton of Poise Count(+2 on use with his skill 1) and gets +1 coin power for every 5 Count he has. Also his Counter now does +70% damage on a critical hit. Unfortunately he still relies on critting on a specific hit of a specific skill so he can't actually do anything with this windfall. Skill 3 gives him +2 Poise on use now but that's like 8%? crit rate, it's still rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Holy poo poo Fluid Sac just heals an extra 10 sp on a heads at tier 4, that's kinda nuts