Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

"Oh drat it feels like an oven outside, better strap myself into a bike and get my heart pumping!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
if gabriel wants to rollerblade, gabriel's gonna rollerblade

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Demilich posted:

Why TF would you go exercising in 110° weather?

can't let things get in the way of living your life!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
GOTTA LIVE MY LIFE.

I aint worried bout no heat death

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
El Nino is just getting underway. How much of the present climate chaos is rooted in El Nino and what is it going to look like next year when El Nino is in full swing?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

The Demilich posted:

for an exercise in poor judgment, of course. :smug:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Rip Testes posted:

El Nino is just getting underway. How much of the present climate chaos is rooted in El Nino and what is it going to look like next year when El Nino is in full swing?

Lol

Lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Demilich posted:

what am I gonna do, stay inside? I'll get fat and besides, it's my morning routine

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

The Demilich posted:

to burn calories obvs

Rip Testes posted:

who knows and really bad

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

five chili dogs, in buns, for dinner? my stomach's bubblin

Bubblin’ from hunger pangs no doubt. I use Nathan’s standard hotdogs and Franz buns. We’re not talking jumbo here. But what I do is slice the dog down the middle like a vivisection, then I sear it in butter on a cast iron pan, move em around a bit till you get a char. I do the same with the buns, flap em out and press em down in pan so the insides get toasted. Then I use the Wolf meat only chili, but I add sriracha to it and a bit of cheese. The I nuke that while the rest of my food is being cooked. Then I carefully use a fork or perhaps a spoon to put the chili on the dogs, slop it in there. Then I dress it, last night was jalapeños and onions. Sometimes I make my own nacho cheese sauce and drizzle it in there in a zig zag pattern like in those Oscar Mayer commercials with the slow motion mustard. I’ll take pics next time

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
It’s cool civ 6 had climate change game play later on in the end game, but I’d love to see a version of that combined with Sim City and Frostpunk, where instead of fighting the extreme cold you gotta micromanage the energy for AC use during heatwaves. Build up militarized police force to deal with Stop Oil protestors, and eco terrorists. Maybe you intentionally nerf yourself and go purely renewable and hope your fossil fuel powered neighbors don’t annihilate you. There will be much more climate change media to come, capitalism will milk it to the very end no doubt

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

what am I gonna do, stay inside? I'll get fat and besides, it's my morning routine

You'll be thankful for the extra bulk when the food shortages hit

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

But doctor I only know how to paint black birds

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Soggy Muffin posted:

It’s cool civ 6 had climate change game play later on in the end game, but I’d love to see a version of that combined with Sim City and Frostpunk, where instead of fighting the extreme cold you gotta micromanage the energy for AC use during heatwaves. Build up militarized police force to deal with Stop Oil protestors, and eco terrorists. Maybe you intentionally nerf yourself and go purely renewable and hope your fossil fuel powered neighbors don’t annihilate you. There will be much more climate change media to come, capitalism will milk it to the very end no doubt

just play Fate Of The World with the unofficial patch

HazCat
May 4, 2009

The Demilich posted:

Covid lockdowns (the actual ones that actually happened in Melbourne, Australia) taught me that a surprisingly large number of people have pegged their mental health entirely to strenuous exercise. They have no other coping mechanisms of any kind, and if push comes to shove they'll exercise even when it becomes an act of self-harm (because the alternative is self harm of a more dramatic kind).

Blame public healthcare collapsing as a concept and the public being taught that their mental health is their own responsibility, and that exercising for mental health is good and healthy and responsible (because it doesn't cost the government anything).

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

HazCat posted:

Covid lockdowns (the actual ones that actually happened in Melbourne, Australia) taught me that a surprisingly large number of people have pegged their mental health entirely to strenuous exercise. They have no other coping mechanisms of any kind, and if push comes to shove they'll exercise even when it becomes an act of self-harm (because the alternative is self harm of a more dramatic kind).

Blame public healthcare collapsing as a concept and the public being taught that their mental health is their own responsibility, and that exercising for mental health is good and healthy and responsible (because it doesn't cost the government anything).

It me, running away from bad thoughts. Used to play dota about it, but it worked about as well as you might expect.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

I will not go to an air conditioned gym and exercise on a bike that simulates everything without the excessive heat death that awaits me if I actually try to bike outside.

I just love the outdoors

Hit Man has issued a correction as of 07:09 on Jul 19, 2023

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Soggy Muffin posted:

Bubblin’ from hunger pangs no doubt. I use Nathan’s standard hotdogs and Franz buns. We’re not talking jumbo here. But what I do is slice the dog down the middle like a vivisection, then I sear it in butter on a cast iron pan, move em around a bit till you get a char. I do the same with the buns, flap em out and press em down in pan so the insides get toasted. Then I use the Wolf meat only chili, but I add sriracha to it and a bit of cheese. The I nuke that while the rest of my food is being cooked. Then I carefully use a fork or perhaps a spoon to put the chili on the dogs, slop it in there. Then I dress it, last night was jalapeños and onions. Sometimes I make my own nacho cheese sauce and drizzle it in there in a zig zag pattern like in those Oscar Mayer commercials with the slow motion mustard. I’ll take pics next time

That sounds amazing but lmao rip your butthole

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/PoopySkittles/status/1680736416362385411

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Rip Testes posted:

Microplastics posted:

As we know, we've seen some record breaking temperatures. The economist has a nice chart

So is it El Nino's fault?

quote:

Previous highs have often occurred towards the end of a strong El Niño, when the warming pattern has heated the Earth. The recent switch to El Niño, therefore, is unlikely to be the cause of the latest record-breaking temperatures. Its effect should be in full swing next summer, when more records could be set.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. gently caress!!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

:yeah:
:blessed:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

(source: https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chinese-tourists-brave-scorching-heat-see-flaming-mountains-2023-07-19/ or https://www.scmp.com/video/china/3228124/tourists-flock-xinjiangs-scenic-spot-experience-80-degree-celsius-heat)

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

:popeye:

lmao, don't look up was a documentary

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The heat will bring jobs

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

finally someone is saying this

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Drew Barrymore for the hookup on them good shrooms

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Soggy Muffin posted:

Drew Barrymore for the hookup on them good shrooms

My buddy is growing a strain of shrooms called penis envy. They look like 5-6 inch thick engorged cocks with huge throbbing heads, tried some and I swear it was almost like a lower dose of of DMT dude

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Lmao this photo is incredible

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

I hope they do such photo ops in front of everything when it’s on fire.

Love to be part of the downfall of civilisation. Definitely going on my Insta.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I wish we could somehow make it the thread title

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Soggy Muffin posted:

My buddy is growing a strain of shrooms called penis envy. They look like 5-6 inch thick engorged cocks with huge throbbing heads, tried some and I swear it was almost like a lower dose of of DMT dude

I've had those, can back you up on that, they are one of the best cubensis strains alongside McKennaii

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Confusedslight posted:

Lmao this photo is incredible

truly, we are too stupid to survive

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

hunga tonga gone and done make things TOO HOT round these parts (earth)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo this is american as gently caress, look at the heckin chonkers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Kind of fitting the woman on the left is almost doing the "shits on fire, yo" gesture

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Koirhor posted:

holy poo poo this is american as gently caress, look at the heckin chonkers
How are they not dying with that extra weight in those uncomfortable uniforms? When I was heavy I would have been soaked and pallid

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Is this a self conscious reference to the abu ghraib photo or just a coincidence??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

The Demilich posted:

Changing your behavior would mean admitting that something is wrong.