Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
does this work for everything?
you know who doesn't like movies about kidnapped harem women in the far flung post-apocalypse world escaping slavery and forced breeding by their megalomaniacal god-king emperor that rules their society with an iron fist?
megomaniacal god-king emperors :smuggo:

you know who doesn't like movies about 3 normal schlubs starting a small exterminator business and becoming job creators while fighting both the epa and a plot to end all life on earth through an inter-dimensional invasion?
dickless over here. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I believe this thread could use a blast from the past.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Well.... it might be time to put Uncle Bocephus in the loony bin, but I'm having trouble parsing this one I just got:

My uncle Bocephus who saw no combat in the gulf war but longs to tell you how he totally did posted:

Please forward this to the PRESIDENT and ANY Players on his BASKETBALL TEAM.

I only believe in the United States Democratic System with its current civil rights laws

I am Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Hindu, Abraham and the other leaders as well

===THE JAMES TEST TO DETERMINE HOMOSEXUALITY===

the warm butter test

if a man looks into antoher mans eyes and sees warm butter he is a homosexual, cold butter hetrosexual

if a man looks into a womens eyes and sees warm butter she is a hetrosexual, cold butter homosexual

if a women looks into a mans eyes and sees warm butter he is a hetrosexual , cold butter homosexual

if a women looks into a womens eyes and sees warm butter she is a homosexual, cold butter hetrosexual

ask someone if they are a boy or girl a homosexual male will answer girl , a homosexual girl will answer boy

===JUSTICE FOR ZIMMERMAN!!!===

This is the first time I've seen him mention himself being God. He's always come up with these random tests though, and names them after random men's names, and thinks they're ingenious. We always thought he was a little off his nut, but nothing dangerous; might be time to talk to his mom about medication.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

StealthArcher posted:

I believe this thread could use a blast from the past.

That reads like a full on mental breakdown.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mooseontheloose posted:

That reads like a full on mental breakdown.

Couldn't even read it, I was too busy eating this stick of cold butter.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If you look into someone’s eyes and see butter you might just be fat.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Turns out you are in Wisconsin

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Invalid Validation posted:

If you look into someone’s eyes and see butter you might just be fat.

or a cartoon stuck on a deserted island.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

My brake lines have failed but my car is going down this hill just fine, so what's the issue?

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Just pretend I posted that gif of Leslie Nielsen saying “nothing to see here, everything’s fine” while explosions go off behind him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Someone made a landlord joke on a random Facebook page that popped up in my feed and there was this legendary take posted as a reply

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
you should be proud to help someone else pay off a mortgage on a second home without seeing any equity yourself! be thankful you little poo poo!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Not breaking even on a mortgage for a house you are renting seems like a skill issue.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The absolute :psyduck: take of "If they didn't own that second property to rent out to you, you wouldn't have a place to live."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Landlords think they build the houses.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
When a landlord stops renting it ceases to exist.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Medullah posted:

Someone made a landlord joke on a random Facebook page that popped up in my feed and there was this legendary take posted as a reply

What was the joke that made this landleech upset?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What was the joke that made this landleech upset?

"We don't need you no-Mao"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Ending up with a second property and renting it out is one thing, people who view it all as "investments" and poo poo are the scourge. I work in insurance and I constantly get requests to update this policy or that policy and it turns out one random dude owns 37 houses, 5 of which are on the same street, and that's the kind of landlord that's pure scum, that and the corporate ones buying up properties just to drive up property values.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

"We don't need you no-Mao"

That's a good one.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

jivjov posted:

Ending up with a second property and renting it out is one thing, people who view it all as "investments" and poo poo are the scourge. I work in insurance and I constantly get requests to update this policy or that policy and it turns out one random dude owns 37 houses, 5 of which are on the same street, and that's the kind of landlord that's pure scum, that and the corporate ones buying up properties just to drive up property values.

Also, for all the Be Grateful You Have a Place to Live types, let's talk about Air B&B for a moment.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Some of my friends (and their friends) have had opinions about that Jason Aldean song that glorified lynching.

quote:

My opinion if it offends you then you didn’t grow up in a small town.
Stay in your city and out of my small town
There is nothing offensive in that song just honestly

I grew up in a small town and currently live in (a different, more rural) one.

I understand why the song is offensive because I'm not a lovely racist.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 20, 2023

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Some of my friends (and their friends) have had opinions about that Jason Aldean song that glorified lynching.

Aha, but did he ever clearly and explicitly state "I am deliberately rooting these lyrics in racism and am knowingly using racist imagery in my video for racism purposes?", then I guess we have no proof that he's doing anything racist and perhaps we're the real racists afterall. - A conservative, somewhere.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
So I was curious and looked up the lyrics

quote:

Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Carjack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it's cool, well, act a fool if ya like

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough
Well, try that in a small town

See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they're gonna round up
Well, that poo poo might fly in the city, good luck
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town

Full of good ol' boys, raised up right
If you're looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town
Ooh-ooh
Try that in a small town
I think it would be fun to put the music to images of Jan 6 insurrectionists bashing cops in the head and post it all over Twitter to see how long it takes for chuds to figure out the irony.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Are they saying they need to depend on the assistance of others to help when they're in a pickle, instead of fighting their own battles like the proud individualists that they are? Smells of COMMUNISM to me.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Obvious horseshit aside it's hilarious that the way that he structures that song makes it sound like swearing at cops and burning a flag is worse than carjacking old ladies.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The people the songs are “hinting” at were probably not allowed to grow up in the small towns it represents either through laws or social pressure for some reason

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
They're basically doing the Key and Peele "racist country song" skit but completely without the irony.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
That sketch has been running in a loop in my head since I heard about the song.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

the_steve posted:

Aha, but did he ever clearly and explicitly state "I am deliberately rooting these lyrics in racism and am knowingly using racist imagery in my video for racism purposes?", then I guess we have no proof that he's doing anything racist and perhaps we're the real racists afterall. - A conservative, somewhere.

Even if they did, conservatives would trip over themselves in the rush to find something else, anything other than racism to blame.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
as someone born and raised in a backwater, small town 'justice' is not something to be celebrated

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

World Famous W posted:

as someone born and raised in a backwater, small town 'justice' is not something to be celebrated

It is when their idea of justice is "making sure that those people aren't around" and the cops don't go after the white sort of people.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Pretty soon a song is just going to straight-up contain the 14 Words and its gonna get the "nah man you're crazy it's just a celebration of rural American culture you crazy liberal" treatment by the entire Salem Media apparatus

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Pretty soon a song is just going to straight-up contain the 14 Words and its gonna get the "nah man you're crazy it's just a celebration of rural American culture you crazy liberal" treatment by the entire Salem Media apparatus

"oh so its BAD to want people to have a safe home for their children?"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Several of my friends have been using David Allan Coe as a counterexample of "Think Aldean is bad? Wait'll you hear him!". Speaking as a southerner myself, we should have nailed the south to the wall after the Civil War.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's been on that trajectory for awhile.

"The Confederate flag isn't about racism! It's about being a good ol' boy and celebrating southern pride and nascar and tailgating! I don't care about no easily accessible historical documents explaining that the flag is exactly about racism!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

the_steve posted:

It's been on that trajectory for awhile.

"The Confederate flag isn't about racism! It's about being a good ol' boy and celebrating southern pride and nascar and tailgating! I don't care about no easily accessible historical documents explaining that the flag is exactly about racism!"

"But muh heritage! Muh southren ancestors!" :qq:

Yeah, they were all stupid crackers who fought a war because they wanted to keep people as slaves. gently caress you.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Several of my friends have been using David Allan Coe as a counterexample of "Think Aldean is bad? Wait'll you hear him!". Speaking as a southerner myself, we should have nailed the south to the wall after the Civil War.
"Think southern culture is racist now? We used to have a song that was just the n-word with a steel guitar" maybe isn't quite the win they think.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I was examining the lyrics lately and thinking about the song, beyond just the obvious dogwhistles (it is very deliberate that the race of the perpetrators, and the particular 'justice' by the people in a small town is omitted)

The first stanza lists off actual crimes and seems to insinuate these things are acceptable and impressive to do in a big city, but in a small town they will be treated in fact like actual crimes. I feel like the examples given were obtained by flipping through Andy Ngo's Facebook page for the most outrageous examples.

The second stanza isn't even really crimes (I guess spitting in a cops face is technically a crime though) just acts of civil defiance. Once again, there's this implication that people in a small town will actually act on such violations of decorum, unlike in a big city where those kinds of things always seem to happen.

Then there's this veiled threat of how far an interlocutor could make it with their flag burning cop spitting attitudes. Once again the actual ACTIONS taken against the violators is never specified, only that they will respond to a degree that an offender would regret their choices.

Then it jumps back to ideology with a 2nd amendment stanza, suggesting that people will hand over their guns in a big city but watch what happens if they try it in a small town. We are to believe that 'small towns' are somehow safer, since they won't tolerate crime, disrespect, or gun confiscation.

Then you have the chorus again, reinforcing that offenders won't get far. A big emphasis is these things will NOT be tolerated in a small town-try it and see how far you make it!

Finally a weird capstone to the song about men who have a proper sense of ethics who will act accordingly when provoked. Through the whole song there's also this implicit assumption that people in small towns operate with a greater sense of community and solidarity. I find this to be pretty laughable people often choose to live in the places specifically because they don't want to be bothered by others. The idea that these chuds are going to nobly step up in solidarity for their community isn't consistent with reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

"Think southern culture is racist now? We used to have a song that was just the n-word with a steel guitar" maybe isn't quite the win they think.

Looked this up because it’s been years and I dont rem-

”N*gger Fucker by David Allan Coe” posted:

She said someday I'd understand
What love was all about
She said I could have the kids
She was movin out
Said she'd finally found a man
Who's dick was so much bigger
Then that scumbag motherfucker
Run off with a n-

And to think I'd ate the pussy
Where that big, black dick had been