Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Is Max cheating more or less than Jonas Vingegaard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Perez confirmed by horner for next year

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

for what next year

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

Is Max cheating more or less than Jonas Vingegaard?

More like Wingegaard

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

for what next year

He will continue to exist as an entity

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

Good - Checo has kids - shouldn't murder him imo.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Confirmed he has a contract with a clause that says, “as soon as we find someone consistent that won’t upset frogboy you’re out and that includes this year”.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

All of this is good but the V60 will only make one cup of coffee at a time. Get a Chemex if you want more than that.

Also lmao Latifi. I wonder which company daddy is going to give him?

I am a goon, who else am I gonna make coffee for?

tony quidtana posted:

The Stagg kettle is a bit awkward to use imo (steam has come out and hit my hand while pouring more than once plus it pours incredibly slow), I ended up switching to the Hario one.

The slow is the point though for a pour over. I am no expert though, mostly just follow the james hoffman stuff

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I have some capresso conical burr grinder and brew my coffee using either of the following methods but usually the first

drip: moccamaster
pour over: v60 w/ a goose neck kettle
french press: bodum w/ a zojirushi water boiler

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I don't have an air fryer or a pan and I just use an Aeropress for coffee but you guys will enjoy hearing about my problems with my Bing carburetors which don't work right despite an extensive rebuild procedure by the Bing USA people in Kansas. Still getting off-idle performance issues and plugs coming out very white regardless of what jets I use. So, sending them back to Kansas now for reevaluation. Just looked up the replacement value of them and discovered I'm going to have to insure them for $4000 when shipping them which is completely insane. I don't think a Brough Superior carburetor or an MV four carb set would cost that much. Typical German price gouging. From Kansas.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Starbucks posted:

How the gently caress does it take 20 minutes to make a coffee with an espresso machine? I am going to time myself tomorrow but I think it’s around 5 minutes at most and I think around 2 minutes, this is with a Sage Barista Express so not a fully automatic machine.

Turn on, wait for light to stop flashing and grab some milk and lob it in a cup while doing that. Turn on steam wand and wait for steam, put in cup, water your rag, put in portafilter and get some grounds out of the machine, fluff it, tamper it, by now milk done. Pop in portafilter, pop cup under, get coffee. Clean up wand while doing that then clean up stuff for about 10 seconds. Enjoy coffee.

This is pretty much the story with my Breville Bambino Plus, the coffee making is faster than the milk frother tbh, I push a few buttons to do a manual 2.5shot into my mug though. No I don't grind my own beans I'm not a masochist.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I get my coffee from a coffee shop.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
I simply take 200mg of caffeine in pill form and then get on with my day like the joyless robot I am.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

i have a fully automatic gaggia that i don't use because i'd rather just drink regular coffee does anybody want to buy it

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Toe Rag posted:

I get my coffee from a coffee shop.

This is why you’ll never own a house!!!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

TheBacon posted:

This is why you’ll never own a house!!!

Does having a mortgage that will probably outlive me count as "owning" a home?

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Blackhawk posted:

I internally judge the gently caress out of anyone who regularly drinks energy drinks, unless they're a child/teenager because their brain isn't properly formed yet.

I use a Knock Aergrind hand grinder and a La Pavoni Europiccola lever espresso machine, a very artisinal experience.

Coffee is an energy drink, OP.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

I simply take 200mg of caffeine in pill form

Yeah as much as I like playing with my coffee toys most weekday mornings I’d rather spend those 20 minutes in bed and just have a scoop of powdered caffeine instead. Avoids waking up half the block with the grinder too.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I don't have an air fryer or a pan

Wait what

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Does having a mortgage that will probably outlive me count as "owning" a home?

:911:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

TheBacon posted:

V60 with a baratza encore burr grinder, fellow stagg electric kettle

1200 Watt? That's a real GP2 kettle right there.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

I simply take 200mg of caffeine in pill form and then get on with my day like the joyless robot I am.

I just slam down a can of Red Bull.

quote:

“Sebastian (Vettel) was one of those who supported me the most. He told me that some teams were saying racist things about me.” Lewis Hamilton for a.s. [article in Spanish]
https://as.com/motor/formula_1/vettel-me-dijo-que-algunos-equipos-decian-cosas-racistas-sobre-mi-n/

Speaking of..... I bet one of the teams was Red Bull

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mokotow posted:

I enjoy my 20 EUR Tassimo coffee machine and I can make a Milka drink with it too

More like a Mika drink :finland:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

More like a Mika drink :finland:

:allears:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Niche Zero into a Chemex if i'm feeling fancy or just in to a Breville Precision Brewer for the daily.

Lol if you're not roasting your own imported Ethiopian Yirgacheffe green beans weekly in a converted bread maker using a heat gun, bunch of thermal couples, pid controller, arduino and a laptop though. Buying pre-roasted beans is peasant poo poo. Plebians.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:blush:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Every time I want a coffee someone takes freshly roasted and ground beans, places them into a £10k calibrated espresso machine capable of exacting pressures and temperatures and sells me the result for pocket change.

Just lmao if you're heating water in a 1200w kettle and pouring it over beans in a paper filter and thinking you're getting a good experience. You're just re-enacting something you saw someone do on YouTube with very little understanding why and have adapted your lifestyle to suit. At this point you might as well start huffing PRIME as you're about on the same intellectual level.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I used to use a v60 but changed a while ago to a clever dripper since it's basically a lazy person's v60 and it's great.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
i feel like every day khablam turns a little more into tony

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Every time I want a coffee someone takes freshly roasted and ground beans, places them into a £10k calibrated espresso machine capable of exacting pressures and temperatures and sells me the result for pocket change.

Just lmao if you're heating water in a 1200w kettle and pouring it over beans in a paper filter and thinking you're getting a good experience. You're just re-enacting something you saw someone do on YouTube with very little understanding why and have adapted your lifestyle to suit. At this point you might as well start huffing PRIME as you're about on the same intellectual level.

some folks just want to roll their own we don't need to get weird

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Khablam doesn't believe in self-improvement, which tracks with their superiority complex. #builtdifferent

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

This is all you need for coffee with passione

whiskas
May 30, 2005
Technivorm is the WCC winner in my book.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Khablam posted:

the coffee badass has logged on

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
espresso culture is weird

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

i feel like every day khablam turns a little more into tony

Now that you've pointed it out it seems very obvious to me lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait was he not supposed to be already

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

My rig:
Kettle
Instant Coffee

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Do you drink it straight out of the kettle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Khablam posted:

Love it, I need more.