Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

how long until Ryan Cohen is indicted for securities fraud? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
there's been multiple buttcoin wife leaver posts like that.

also I love how they talked about selling it some day for a mansion when these people keep having heartburn during shorter time spans like hours, days. etc. whatever they tiny tiny attention spans is currently focusing on.

also another reason the income tax should be high as gently caress. these boys play around money like its nothing.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

What does TA mean there?

(Am I) The rear end in a top hat

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
(Am I) The Ape

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I presented my girlfriend with a photo of a bored ape and she cried

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Even ignoring everything else idiotic about that post, he still proposed with something he fully intends to (or rather, futilely hopes to) flip in the future for cash. It like asking your gf to marry you by getting down on your knee and handing her a stack of bearer bonds.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Every post in that subreddit is fake as hell and this isn't the one thread devoted to pretending they're not.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Scarodactyl posted:

Every post in that subreddit is fake as hell and this isn't the one thread devoted to pretending they're not.

Why do goons get off on being so loving tedious

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
AITA exists in the same reality as professional wrestling

that is, 100% real

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why do goons get off on being so loving tedious
Posting poorly written fake stories and acting like they're real is tedious.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Scarodactyl posted:

Please stop posting, for everyone’s sake

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Scarodactyl posted:

I guess we ought to defer to professional opinion.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

There is plenty of actual bitcoin/crypto/meme-stock stupidity to keep this thread going. Dipping into obviously-fake poo poo from the internet's worst creative writing forum isn't necessary. Worse than that, it puts us on the same level as Redditors.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

You slurp it, and then do donuts around her in your lambo that will magically appear.
Then you leave her crying speeding off into the sunset to crypto bro utopia

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

JammyB posted:

It's easy to mock but those of us who watched the transition from VHS to DVD remember how mind-blowing those first interactive menus were. When The Matrix came out on DVD, we had a movie night with the guys from work and just spent hours going through the menu selecting different language options, turning the subtitles on and off etc - we were so blown away by this dynamic experience that we never even watched the film. What's so sad about kids these days with their piracy is that often these mp4s lack that essential experience; enjoying the build up of the anti-piracy ad, then into the interactive menu, and graceful slow transitions between button presses feeding into the hype for finally being allowed to watch the film. I know everyone in this thread is skeptical but finally it looks like we found a real killer app use case for NFTs!

i remember sitting around with my buddies and just endlessly scrolling through menus. good dvds had more menus. the movie really wasn't the point

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I presented my girlfriend with a photo of a bored ape and she cried

A sane response.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ape fiancees are real ive seen them happen

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Mozi posted:

AITA exists in the same reality as professional wrestling

that is, 100% real

So, like, they all die to steroid abuse?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Why bother with AITA fanfic when the world of likely legitimate ape twitter sprawls before you offering such delights as actual rich man ape begging microsoft-senpai to answer his calls.

https://twitter.com/ryancohen/status/1681000252533518336

Followed by his loyal contingent.

For bonus points, can you identify all the crypto references in the twitter usernames?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

coolusername posted:

For bonus points, can you identify all the crypto references in the twitter usernames?

???

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDuNZyYAIQ

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

coolusername posted:

Why bother with AITA fanfic when the world of likely legitimate ape twitter sprawls before you offering such delights as actual rich man ape begging microsoft-senpai to answer his calls.

https://twitter.com/ryancohen/status/1681000252533518336

Followed by his loyal contingent.

haha holy poo poo everything about this is so loving pathetic

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I..must have missed something, what does Nadella have to do with Gamestop bitcoins

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

kirbysuperstar posted:

I..must have missed something, what does Nadella have to do with Gamestop bitcoins

Absolutely nothing, but the guy begging for him to pick up the phone is Ryan Cohen, the CEO of gamestop.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

coolusername posted:

Absolutely nothing, but the guy begging for him to pick up the phone is Ryan Cohen, the CEO of gamestop.

lol awesome

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

coolusername posted:

The best part is that the begging is happening as a reply to a random tweet about a cricket game.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I dont understand. is something happening with MicrosoftXbox or Sony Playstation.

jesus back in my day Console Wars were just about good gaming. now its about buying stonk and going galaxy diamond moon ape or some poo poo.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

I dont understand. is something happening with MicrosoftXbox or Sony Playstation.

jesus back in my day Console Wars were just about good gaming. now its about buying stonk and going galaxy diamond moon ape or some poo poo.

Microsoft won an Administrative Law Judge decision against the FTC on merging with Activision, so Cohen anticipates having to do a lot of busy with Microsoft going forward.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

What does TA mean there?

probably "the rear end in a top hat", like AITA is "am I the rear end in a top hat?"

e: whoops, end of page is not end of thread

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Horseshoe theory posted:

Microsoft won an Administrative Law Judge decision against the FTC on merging with Activision, so Cohen anticipates having to do a lot of busy with Microsoft going forward.

Or he's afraid that Microsoft might just decide to say "no more physical releases of any new games" and basically put GameStop out of business.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

Or he's afraid that Microsoft might just decide to say "no more physical releases of any new games" and basically put GameStop out of business.

That will just free Gamestop to focus entirely on their nft marketplace. This is good for apecoin.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I mean, Xbox probably has a retail relations office. I'm sure they could contact Microsoft though that.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Boxturret posted:

posting a link to a tweet just has a screenshot doesn't really make sense in these times does it

lmao

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

No way that's real.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Lammasu posted:

I mean, Xbox probably has a retail relations office. I'm sure they could contact Microsoft though that.

He doesn't wanna contact Microsoft he wants to contact the CEO for some dumbass reason I'm sure.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
if you have a baby's understanding of bussiness the ceo of the game store having to yell publicly at the ceo of the game company to ask him to send you games to sell makes sense, maybe

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He doesn't wanna contact Microsoft he wants to contact the CEO for some dumbass reason I'm sure.

Because a real captain of industry doesnt piddle around asking for someone from their office to call him back, he directly contacts the fellow captain of industry

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The reality is he got an answer he didn't like about something from some Xbox suit and is trying to go above their head. The ape myth is probably that this is the final puzzle piece to take BBBY moonward.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
How would he even present the NFT to her, did he get down on one knee and show her a jpg on his phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

'you are expected within arms reach in 24 hours - Clear?' lol in what way would this work how do you plan to enforce this, twitter stranger Judge Gibson

this person thinks just speaking at someone with authority gets them to do your bidding. bitch, you have to have actual authority over the person for this to work lol