Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

iwentdoodie posted:

So I will ask again, since in multiple instances of you talking down to people you still haven't answered: what counts as feedback, to you?

Posting ur sens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

Posting ur sens

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gibbis has always been a nice place to go. Especially after Ralph was dethroned

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Gibbis has always been a nice place to go. Especially after Ralph was dethroned
I did like the mod challenges, though.

But yeah, my feedback is otherwise that things are pretty great. The mods are humans with busy lives, occasional brain farts, and no pay. So thanks, mods!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"proving seth right about posting as a mod in SAD any% speedrun (new wr)"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

1.19 @ 400 with custom mouse accel enabled :getin:

(It's unrelated to poo poo being discussed, mouse sensitivity for FPS games but sens chat is like a whole pillar of FPS gamer culture and also kind of a meme :eng99:)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Drone_Fragger posted:

???

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

:dafuq:

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
immediately jumped all over for replying in SAD because posters didn't like the reply, followed within minutes by a thread calling for them to be demodded

disappointed but not surprised

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Awkward posted:

immediately jumped all over for replying in SAD because posters didn't like the reply, followed within minutes by a thread calling for them to be demodded

disappointed but not surprised

the reply was terrible and their attitude to this whole situation is completely broken

i do not think they should be a mod, sorry

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

probably referring to Karma in the SAD thread, and you know what? DF is right. seth was scared that SAD is a place where GBS Mods can be told they're wrong without the comfort of just being able to broom emoji their way to "winning" the disagreement, and we see that now. It's disgusting.

only one or two people are allowed to disagree with a mod at a time, otherwise it's brigading lol

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao at all of this

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Karma Comedian posted:

I'll tell you what doesn't: endlessly pushing for an argument over a point the mods have said not to argue over itt and offered several alternatives and given several warnings about.

Have you ever given a legitimate answer to a question that wasn't just smarmy bullshit to continue the issue you're complaining about?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Tai posted:

lmao at all of this

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

feedback: this needs to be kicked up the chain to the admins to figure out how to handle the breeding ground of drama obsessed main characters and malcontents. admins either need to do something to appease them (for now) or quash it, or this interforum garbage is going to go on forever and make it impossible to collect useful feedback in these threads

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Bad Purchase posted:

feedback: this needs to be kicked up the chain to the admins to figure out how to handle the breeding ground of drama obsessed main characters and malcontents. admins either need to do something to appease them (for now) or quash it, or this interforum garbage is going to go on forever and make it impossible to collect useful feedback in these threads
Glad to see the GBS feedback thread is back to its primary purpose, complaining about SAD

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Actual feedback is that we should have more themed MSPaint threads, as a talentless moron I really enjoy the low bar for entry and also seeing what other people bring to the table

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Glad to see SAD is back to its primary purpose, complaining about GBS.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you can do like layers and transparency and stuff in mspaint now it's crazy

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Wasnt there a 3D paint for a while? Then i feel like microsoft dropped it quietly because it was complete indecipherable.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

surc posted:

1.19 @ 400 with custom mouse accel enabled :getin:

(It's unrelated to poo poo being discussed, mouse sensitivity for FPS games but sens chat is like a whole pillar of FPS gamer culture and also kind of a meme :eng99:)

Is there a thread in GBS I can go to to learn more about measuring my mouse sensitivity? I mean my last FPS may have been MDK 2 but I am curious.

ed: I use a Logitech TrackMan M570 ball mouse, so it's currently 800 DPI, but I can set it between 400 and 1200 DPI. Google is fun.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 19, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Rust Martialis posted:

Is there a thread in GBS I can go to to learn more about measuring my mouse sensitivity? I mean my last FPS may have been MDK 2 but I am curious.

I’ve heard SH/HC is always ready to provide valuable advice on mice

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what are some gbs threads people like that are under 50 pages long?

i like the cool sea creature thread.

The Official GBS Olive Appreciation Station (title change pending). Originally titled "olives: are they good?" we determined that they are in fact good. Come talk about olives with fellow olive aficionados, olive aficionados!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Smugworth posted:

The Official GBS Olive Appreciation Station (title change pending). Originally titled "olives: are they good?" we determined that they are in fact good. Come talk about olives with fellow olive aficionados, olive aficionados!

My feedback is that despite trying really hard, I find olives just usually too bitter to enjoy. I feel like a barbarian. There were some red ones we had in Naples I actually like but I have been unable to reliably find them. Would I be welcome in such a thread with such an attitude?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Feedback: Allow me to post a "actually olives are gross" thread and put it under mod protection + forum pet standard immunity, because this is the correct opinion about olives

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Has there been a 1000 users browsing day lately?
It's usually high 800s now

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carlos Lantana posted:

Crews are mobilizing

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Feedback: Allow me to post a "actually olives are gross" thread and put it under mod protection + forum pet standard immunity, because this is the correct opinion about olives

permaban this sick filth

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Carlos Lantana posted:

i've seen it a few times. active users and posters in gbs have definitely been up. aside from this garbage rear end thread and stuff like the sub one gbs seems in a pretty good place atm, content wise

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i've seen it a few times. active users and posters in gbs have definitely been up. aside from this garbage rear end thread

Seems like it used to run a lot smoother when Slugworth was IK imo

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Babe Magnet posted:

you can do like layers and transparency and stuff in mspaint now it's crazy

Oh poo poo, really? I must still have an old version. I use paint for a personal project and hate jumping to gimp just to add transparency

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

:siren: I am taking over the moderation of this thread for the rest of the day. When I have to go I will close it. :siren:

One of the struggles with having an ongoing feedback thread is that if a 3rd party is not moderating it, it can get personal between that forums mods and the posters. Thats not good.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

For the record, this is feedback:

Endorph posted:

the reply was terrible and their attitude to this whole situation is completely broken

i do not think they should be a mod, sorry

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Karma Comedian posted:

For the record, this is feedback:

It was and is. I have been called worse in probably the last 15 minutes.

Hey I don't think someone should be a mod because A) and B) is legitimate feedback. I can disagree and you can disagree with the content or the reasoning, but that conversation is okay.

Think about the power dynamics of that conversation. It is not in the posters favor.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fluffdaddy posted:

:siren: I am taking over the moderation of this thread for the rest of the day. When I have to go I will close it. :siren:

One of the struggles with having an ongoing feedback thread is that if a 3rd party is not moderating it, it can get personal between that forums mods and the posters. Thats not good.

:dudsmile:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

Hey I don't think someone should be a mod because A) and B) is legitimate feedback. I can disagree and you can disagree with the content or the reasoning, but that conversation is okay.

Think about the power dynamics of that conversation. It is not in the posters favor.

He seems to be actually sincerely saying "this is feedback", while your response seems to think he's sarcastic or something? I don't get it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffdaddy posted:

Okay, you're happy to put up with pointless abuse, why are others required to do so?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

drat. Bebop and Rocksteady fuckin up so bad that Shredder has to step in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Okay, you're happy to put up with pointless abuse, why are others required to do so?

No one is being abused. If it is about moderation decisions, moderating, being a moderator, etc, it is fair game.

No one has to be a moderator. If they can't handle being poo poo on about being a moderator then they shouldn't be one.

However, if someone gets personal, as in goes beyond being a mod they can get banned and exiled from the community. If you got examples of someone going beyond mad at moderator, please post them here or report them.