Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

dude fu xuang is really small wow

e: shes also tsundere... I guess

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I don't know why I bother hitting the pre-download button if it hits me with a 2 gig patch in-client on the train screen anyway.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I don't know why I bother hitting the pre-download button if it hits me with a 2 gig patch in-client on the train screen anyway.

Saves you from downloading 7 gigs all at once like me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

bro lol @ march 7ths reaction if you keep deactivating and reactivating one of the crucibles

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

dude fu xuang is really small wow

e: shes also tsundere... I guess
Her personality doesn't match the "classical Chinese magical girl" look at all. It's very entertaining.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Lost the 50/50...and Bailu is somehow E5.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Main story spoilers: Not as good a final battle as Bellabog.

I'm not sure I can comment on the overall plot because I'm pretty sure we're not quite done yet (what ended up happening with the Stellaron, for example), but I feel like the Imbibitor Lunae reveal was kind of... weirdly pointless? Like, it just sort of happened at the exact moment that we needed him to open a door. So I guess nothing we did would have mattered if he hadn't coincidentally showed up right then? Except I guess he was manipulated to show up right then by people who can predict the future? But still all he did was open a door that we didn't otherwise have the key to. It gave me the impression that the writers had come up with this cool backstory for the character but didn't really have any good ideas for inserting it into the plot, so it just sort of happened because there wasn't a better place to shove it in. Nothing about it felt triumphant or tragic or anything really, we just learned a little factoid about Dan Heng and went "oh, cool. could you open this door for us?"

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 19, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The new main story's good. Heatin up! I love it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished the main story, wasn't super long. Guess it's alright for a middle-of-the-plot deal.

Just wish my laptop wasn't so laggy when the particle-heavy bits of the pre-rendered cutscenes play, kinda puts me out of the mood when I have to go look them up later on youtube to watch them properly.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh it is very anime, though, just to note.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

drat this update is crazy and also really long???

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

Main story spoilers: Not as good a final battle as Bellabog.

I'm not sure I can comment on the overall plot because I'm pretty sure we're not quite done yet (what ended up happening with the Stellaron, for example), but I feel like the Imbibitor Lunae reveal was kind of... weirdly pointless? Like, it just sort of happened at the exact moment that we needed him to open a door. So I guess nothing we did would have mattered if he hadn't coincidentally showed up right then? Except I guess he was manipulated to show up right then by people who can predict the future? But still all he did was open a door that we didn't otherwise have the key to. It gave me the impression that the writers had come up with this cool backstory for the character but didn't really have any good ideas for inserting it into the plot, so it just sort of happened because there wasn't a better place to shove it in. Nothing about it felt triumphant or tragic or anything really, we just learned a little factoid about Dan Heng and went "oh, cool. could you open this door for us?"

I'm here too. Dan Heng's big backstory is that he's an exile because of something his previous incarnation did that he was not personally involved in in any way, the potential issue of him being an outlaw is almost immediately put to the side by Jing Yuan going "no it's cool as long as you work with us here", and he just immediately remembers how to do everything he needs to do - which, as you say, is open a door. The big boss fight is all about Jing Yuan, who gets top billing, while Danny boy's role is to be a button.

I guess Blade was here solely to stab Dan Heng in the chest and force him to stop hiding his identity?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think it's time to accept that I've had really bad luck with rolls in this game. I think I've only gotten something before the soft pity twice (and one of those was on the standard banner). On the upside, I've had pretty good luck with the 50/50 part, which at least takes the edge off. I think I've only lost one so far.

In Genshin I still usually don't get things until soft pity, but it wasn't quite *this* rare for me to occasionally get stuff early. I think I got stuff early at least once for every four or five 5*s.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

bagrada posted:

Lost the 50/50 to Yanqing e1 which I'll take since I have Gepard and am working up Pela for Team Ice.

I kind of wanted Blade since I don't have Seele but I should probably hold out for Dan2, Jingliu, or a future hunt

wouldn't blade be a p good sub dps to pair with jingliu? i don't know the specifics of her kit but doesn't she remove hp from her team or have a mechanic something of the sort like that?

Meowywitch posted:

all the people in space china have significant life problems

so am i led to believe that mara is a natural curse that most of the long living races are afflicted with and is essentially their form of eventual cancer that kills them or is it not the 'natural' end to their lifespan?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ytlaya posted:

I think it's time to accept that I've had really bad luck with rolls in this game. I think I've only gotten something before the soft pity twice (and one of those was on the standard banner). On the upside, I've had pretty good luck with the 50/50 part, which at least takes the edge off. I think I've only lost one so far.

In Genshin I still usually don't get things until soft pity, but it wasn't quite *this* rare for me to occasionally get stuff early. I think I got stuff early at least once for every four or five 5*s.

the probability of getting at least 1 0.3% chance hit within 74 pulls (which would be what 'before the soft pity' means) is a little under 20%. you would be squarely within average territory if you have a total of 10 5 stars by now based on you saying you hit it twice.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Huh. (New patch spoilers) Tingyun acted real weird but I didn’t expect it to go that hard that fast. I’m sure they’ll have some sort of wrap-up to it in a future patch but that was a pretty crunchy snap.

… Is a zombie buffing my Seele now?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm having analysis paralysis and now that I'm up to the Forgotten Hall levels that need two teams, I'm trying to figure out if I can put together a second team with what I have or if I should be pulling on the banners at this point. I'm TB45 so I'm capped at Equilibrium 3 / Lvl 60 for my mains.

I'm currently running FireMC E3 / Bronya / Dan / Luocha as my boss killers, sub in Serval E1 for Bronya when farming/clearing trash.
For a second team, I don't think I have a main DPS other than Dan, so is a DOT team possible? I'm assuming March / Bailu for Shields/Healing, but don't know which other two to focus on.

I've got these on the bench:

Bailu
Natasha E2
March
Tingyun
Qingque E3
Sampo
Pela E4
Yukong E1
Asta
Herta E3
Arlan

I see the Blade banner has Sushang, which could be a help, and I have enough special passes to hit the pity 50/50 at least. I feel I just am missing the main DPS characters from the Standard Banner (and joined too late for Seele) so I'm tempted to start pulling on Blade, but have no problem waiting if I can make a good second team out of what I have and hope the future banners have better characters?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Look at this motherfucker stealing all my crit rate substats.

Please Luocha, my dps are starving over here.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
This new boss is kinda bullshit without Luocha, huh. Maybe the power creep is real after all.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Huh. (New patch spoilers) Tingyun acted real weird but I didn’t expect it to go that hard that fast. I’m sure they’ll have some sort of wrap-up to it in a future patch but that was a pretty crunchy snap.

… Is a zombie buffing my Seele now?

Major end of story for patch spoilers

I saw the leaks for it, but even I was surprised by how graphic what happened to Tingyun was. That neck snapping sound made me wince.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

This new boss is kinda bullshit without Luocha, huh. Maybe the power creep is real after all.

I've not tried the echo of war version but the story mode was fine with Bailu (and no debuff cleansing anywhere in my party)

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Zurai posted:

Of course, that comes with the cost of needing 3 SP every turn, which means he's pretty restricted on which other characters you can put with him. The numbers on the lower-SP versions of his attack are much less impressive, so he really, really wants to have all 3 SP available every turn. There's a 2-SP discount every time you fire his ult, so you can still afford to bring someone like Tingyun who only needs one point every few turns.

Pfft, only 3? Elementary.

I'm downright mad if Qingque pulls her 4-of-a-kind within 2 pulls, and doubly so if she got it before Autarky!!!

By the way, I realized the other day my favorite thing about Qingque is that she has that poo poo-eating grin on her party portrait. It's like she has resting poo poo-eating-grin face.

She is truly the best.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Major end of story for patch spoilers

I saw the leaks for it, but even I was surprised by how graphic what happened to Tingyun was. That neck snapping sound made me wince.

Oof. I'm not one to care about story spoilers at all, but I'm glad I read this one. That is one of the kinds of sounds that make me physically uncomfortable, so I appreciate the warning going into it.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 19, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

I've not tried the echo of war version but the story mode was fine with Bailu (and no debuff cleansing anywhere in my party)

I did it fine with Clara/Fireblazer/Nat/mandatory story character without using Nat's skill for cleansing. No Luochas needed.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I did it with Gepard/Sampo/Silver Wolf/Story Requirement and it was spicy at the end but we got there, so yeah.

Luocha I imagine would loving trivialize it though.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I remember the Mihoyo gacha system really getting under my skin one time I was going for a Shenhe constellation in Genshin figuring I was finally in a position to swing it on getting a 5 star constellation. Ended up being my worst session ever and running over 175 pulls just to get it leaving me in a much worse position than I'd intended to get Nilou on her rerun the next banner after. I was actually grinding out single pulls in the dying days of that banner and min-maxing farming primogems for the privilege of having near permanent up time on Shenhes cryo buff. Its easy to forget sometimes that its like a 0.5% chance to get a 5 star spark for like 90% of a pity cycle.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

lol poor Yanqing
he's jobbing so much, and everyone just tells him to shut up

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

merry christmas to Tingyun Specifically :getin:

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

merry christmas to Tingyun Specifically :getin:

Yeah, she's a perfect fit for that break effect :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Tangents posted:

Yeah, she's a perfect fit for that break effect :v:

:vince:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

slight Tingyun spoilers.
so pretty

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

GateOfD posted:

slight Tingyun spoilers.
so pretty

So what you're saying is the eventual HSR anime will be a Shaft production?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Blade is so goddamn cracked it's unreal.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Do characters earn XP in calyxes? Googling just has a bunch of SEO sites telling me about either trailblazer xp, or character xp from roaming monsters. Can't find clarification on calyx fighting. Alternatively, does anyone know where I can find a numeric representation of a characters xp instead of a bar

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

characters do not gain any combat exp from fighting in calyxes/stagnant shadow/etc. they only get combat exp from roaming monsters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Been a drat fine day in the new relic mines.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got my blade.
along with reaching Sushang E5, Natasha E2, and Arlan E1 (thank god wasn't all arlans)

I probably use any tickets i gain before this banner is over to try to reach E6 Sushang

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

GateOfD posted:

got my blade.
along with reaching Sushang E5, Natasha E2, and Arlan E1 (thank god wasn't all arlans)

I probably use any tickets i gain before this banner is over to try to reach E6 Sushang

Oops all Arlans is the worst cereal

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Y'know, I kinda feel like the IL Dan reveal would have been much much cooler if

A) they had delayed the 1.3 playable characters announcement a bit
B) they hadn't put him in the 1.2 trailer
C) they had managed to corral leakers for a bit (lol)

Basically, if it was a complete surprise I would have liked it a lot more and it would have been pretty hype. Just like the Tingyun moment this patch. Now that I didn't see coming.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wow, did one pull on the lightcone banner hoping to get an extra Secret Vow for superimpose, and got Blade's lightcone :D

got him to lv60, he seems to do pretty decent damage for a character where all you need to do is use his skill once every 3 turns and just autoattack/ultimate the rest with free damage every 5 charges

should i go energy regen or HP for my rope.
I guess HP, since it looks like for his ultimate since it gets stronger based on how much HP he self-drained up to 90%, its not really an ult i wanna spam every other turn, and to just wait. So looks like HP is the way..

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Arlan feels like a character who needs a support or relic set(s) that generate increasingly bigger shields the lower health he gets.