Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

bedpan posted:

reposting this drawing since it is the most accurate depiction of alien-human interactions to date

loves our bread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grusch apparently has a legal backchannel connection with Schumer: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/153ub1m/gruschs_lawyer_was_former_igic_another_lawyer_at/

And this dive also dug up Havana syndrome (which we talked about briefly the other day) and Garry Nolan lol.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

if we learn that havana syndrome is caused by a reverse engineered piece of recovered alien equipment I will never stop screaming

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

bedpan posted:

if we learn that havana syndrome is caused by a reverse engineered piece of recovered alien equipment I will never stop screaming

i'm gonna be so owned lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Lib and let die posted:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
yeah it turns out the giant ufo is actually why they built guantanamo

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

you want free energy? i got your free energy right here *gestures vaguely toward heat waste produced by commercial refrigeration*

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bedpan posted:

the alien gun made me an alcoholic

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

mediaphage posted:

yeah it turns out the giant ufo is actually why they built guantanamo

Mfing this

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Grusch apparently has a legal backchannel connection with Schumer: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/153ub1m/gruschs_lawyer_was_former_igic_another_lawyer_at/

And this dive also dug up Havana syndrome (which we talked about briefly the other day) and Garry Nolan lol.

Oh, that's the good stuff

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

The official excuses put out to explain the Havanna syndrome have been just pathetic so far.

"It was loud crickets" was a great one, and checking the latest NPR article

quote:

For example, a faulty air conditioning or heating system can cause changes in room pressure that can cause headaches, they said.

and people think the UFO community is shamefully credulous...

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lokar posted:

The official excuses put out to explain the Havanna syndrome have been just pathetic so far.

"It was loud crickets" was a great one, and checking the latest NPR article

and people think the UFO community is shamefully credulous...

lue and giorgio hunched over a bar, casting shady glances at the cia agent massaging his temples over in the corner occasionally muttering "at least i'm not that guy"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This is getting really spicy. Can someone please get a running list of everyone who barges in saying "lol look at these fox mulder dweebs"

I will totally also volunteer to do fifty hail radars in penance if the hearings are a complete waste of time

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

shoving all my poker chips onto havanasyndrome/uap disclosure connection :pray:

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Butternubs is this thread's redshirt.

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Havana Syndrome has always seemed very in the same realm as the UAP stuff. Both unexplained phenomena directly admitted to by the US Gov't. Would not be surprised at all if there ended up being some kind of connection between them.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Pie in the Sky posted:

directly admitted to by the US Gov't.

Lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

poisonpill posted:

This is getting really spicy. Can someone please get a running list of everyone who barges in saying "lol look at these fox mulder dweebs"

I will totally also volunteer to do fifty hail radars in penance if the hearings are a complete waste of time

I love the aliens and want to hug and kiss them, but the hearings are most likely going to be a waste of time

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Havana syndrome is just CIA guys hungover after getting syphilis from a Cuban prostitute

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

whomst

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Pie in the Sky posted:

Havana Syndrome has always seemed very in the same realm as the UAP stuff. Both unexplained phenomena directly admitted to by the US Gov't. Would not be surprised at all if there ended up being some kind of connection between them.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7nzkq/stanford-professor-garry-nolan-analyzing-anomalous-materials-from-ufo-crashes

i recommend reading this article if people haven't already. reading it was in my top 3 "oh gently caress it's real" moments (besides the 2017 article, and the chinese spy ballon nonsense)

quote:

Did the people who claimed that they'd had an encounter, especially the pilots, describe any perceivable decrease in neurological capacity?

Of the 100 or so patients that we looked at, about a quarter of them died from their injuries. The majority of these patients had symptomology that's basically identical to what's now called Havana syndrome. We think amongst this bucket list of cases, we had the first Havana syndrome patients. Once this turned into a national security problem with the Havana syndrome I was locked out of all of the access to the files because it's now a serious potential international incident if they ever figured out who's been doing it.

That was when we realized that these people were not damaged, but had an over-connection of neurons between the head of the caudate and the putamen [The caudate nucleus plays a critical role in various higher neurological functions; the putamen influences motor planning, learning, and execution]. If you looked at 100 average people, you wouldn’t see this kind of density. But these individuals had it. An open question is: did coming in contact with whatever it was cause it or not?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Im getting too excited about these hearings. :pray:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Havana syndrome is a psychosomatic illness that the US government psyop'd their own spooks and diplomats into thinking they had, to create cover for the real symptoms experienced by the tiny cadre who got hosed up by coming into contact with UFOs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

angerbot posted:

Im getting too excited about these hearings. :pray:

same, can't think about anything else

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

bedpan posted:

I always found the “it’s just made up bs to cover for hangovers” explanation to be…wanting.

people have been making up poo poo at work to cover for poor decisions since time immemorial. there are myriad tried and true excuses that don’t involve directed energy weapons or whatever the gently caress, which are guaranteed to arouse less suspicion than pulling out some “debilitating mind ray” poo poo.

it makes no sense. however, if you begin from the position that all extra-ordinary explanations are impossible, then any given banal explanation is plausible, relatively speaking, regardless of the evidence.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

More like Havana excuse to get more funding lol

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I gaze at these big juicy orbs every time I drive by, but the traffic light finally caught me today and I get to share them with everybody!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sasquatchy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Thiccfoot

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Orbis Tertius posted:

I always found the “it’s just made up bs to cover for hangovers” explanation to be…wanting.

people have been making up poo poo at work to cover for poor decisions since time immemorial. there are myriad tried and true excuses that don’t involve directed energy weapons or whatever the gently caress, which are guaranteed to arouse less suspicion than pulling out some “debilitating mind ray” poo poo.

it makes no sense. however, if you begin from the position that all extra-ordinary explanations are impossible, then any given banal explanation is plausible, relatively speaking, regardless of the evidence.

That also ignores the fact that quite a few young children of gov employees have also experienced it.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Huh? Samsquamsch? Oh NO! I mean the three big sweaty beefers all standing around working!

But no yeah seriously, those Bigfeet lawn statues are the best.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the us government is a historically uniquely evil entity which can only lie, at every level, about everything, and everyone employed within is an actual ghoul, or perhaps vampire, who lives only to commit acts of great evil against innocents

i know this because i am a very smart and rational self-identified materialist whose beliefs could not possibly be irrational or swayed by own my ideological biases

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wheeee posted:

the us government is a historically uniquely evil entity which can only lie, at every level, about everything, and everyone employed within is an actual ghoul, or perhaps vampire, who lives only to commit acts of great evil against innocents

i know this because i am a very smart and rational self-identified materialist whose beliefs could not possibly be irrational or swayed by own my ideological biases

that's right

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Wheeee posted:

[UFOs] i am a very smart and rational self-identified materialist whose beliefs could not possibly be irrational or swayed by my own ideological biases

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Healthy young usgov negotiatior's aide falls asleep next to laptop with information on BATNAs in kinetically permissive locality, doesn't feel good, and changes - crickets and hangover. Many such cases!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

gileadexile posted:

I gaze at these big juicy orbs every time I drive by, but the traffic light finally caught me today and I get to share them with everybody!

fuzzy orbs

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Lokar posted:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7nzkq/stanford-professor-garry-nolan-analyzing-anomalous-materials-from-ufo-crashes

i recommend reading this article if people haven't already. reading it was in my top 3 "oh gently caress it's real" moments (besides the 2017 article, and the chinese spy ballon nonsense)

now this is the connection poo poo I’m here for

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Today's aitee is more exciting than the aitees earlier this week. I'm happy to be here with all of you, anticipating that next breadcrumb (loves our breadcrumbs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i still believe this thing next week will be yet another big ol cock tease. lots of words, nothing new. maybe I’m cynical in my old age but nothing will come from this, once again

i think, for me, there’s no likeable ufo characters. they all are slimy fucks with ulterior motives

i would love to be wrong though