Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Al! posted:

when microsoft acquires actblizz they should put blizz under bethesda, that would cause some of the funniest gamer moments possible

my god, i didnt even consider this scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!
godd howard in control

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

apparently Bethesda and Blizzard have more similar management styles than they appear at first: https://www.thegamer.com/elder-scrolls-online-dev-transphobia-deadnaming-allegations-bethesda-zenimax/

quote:

A former Elder Scrolls Online developer has spoken out about her experience as a transgender woman at ZeniMax Online Studios. In a four-hour video, former ESO Media Artist Leona Faren shares audio recordings that appear to confirm that management misgendered her. She also claims that her manager repeatedly outed her to workers who didn’t know she was transgender, and pressured her into resigning when she needed time off work for gender-affirming care.

After a year of contacting ZeniMax HR about her experiences, Faren says she took her complaints to Bethesda corporate, expecting a different result. Instead, she says the company viewed her as a “liability”, and offered a resignation package that would cover her upcoming surgeries. However, taking the deal would also mean signing away her right to bring a discrimination lawsuit against Bethesda. Due to this, Faren says Bethesda was “holding [her] surgeries hostage” in a bid to force her out of the company.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

jagged alliance 2 has really cool vibes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

is it critically important I follow a set of answers and go back and remake my IMP Merc to be useful or is JA2 not super hard so it’s probably okay? playing non 1.13 so I imagine it’s fine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

my god, i didnt even consider this scenario

better yet shut down battle net entirely, gently caress having to have a giant memory expensive game browser running for like 8 games

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

better yet shut down battle net entirely, gently caress having to have a giant memory expensive game browser running for like 8 games

i imagine that’s billy gates plan to fold bethesda launcher, creative club, and battle net into Microsoft Xbox App

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Microsoft buying Bethesda n Bobby kotick is good because it means you can play all those games for FREE*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
MS should have bought epic instead of kotick to move all the epic launchers into game pass. i hope they do.

consolidate it all imo so I can play every game for free on $9.99 per month

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

i imagine that’s billy gates plan to fold bethesda launcher, creative club, and battle net into Microsoft Xbox App

and that's why you're not a billionaire

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lostconfused posted:

and that's why you're not a billionaire

did microsoft buy ea

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

did microsoft buy ea

?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

But seriously, there's going to be launchers within launchers forever because everyone wants their own thing that they can manage.

You still need 3 different launchers for a Bethesda game because of mods.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Xaris posted:

Microsoft buying Bethesda n Bobby kotick is good because it means you can play all those games for FREE*

their big buying spree is good no matter what because either We The Gamers get cheap access to aaa games or they destroy the aaa gaming industry entirely. win-win

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Augus posted:

dudes that can’t get it up unless they pay a fully-clothed woman to say “Saw a mudcrab the other day, dreadful creatures.”

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7234207345801219355

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Frog Act posted:

is it critically important I follow a set of answers and go back and remake my IMP Merc to be useful or is JA2 not super hard so it’s probably okay? playing non 1.13 so I imagine it’s fine

bro just play the loving game

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

MS should have bought epic instead of kotick to move all the epic launchers into game pass. i hope they do.

consolidate it all imo so I can play every game for free on $9.99 per month

this isn't whats going to happen

we're just gonna get a lot less games now everything is disappearing into walled gardens

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Frog Act posted:

Post ur merc

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!
im gonna need someone to stand over my shoulder and validate every mouse click and button press i make. whos available, please?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Frog Act posted:

in JA2 the questions only determine your perks, you always get to do points manually

and the game is hard as gently caress starting out

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Regarde Aduck posted:

this isn't whats going to happen

we're just gonna get a lot less games now everything is disappearing into walled gardens

oh no

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Xaris posted:

Epstein Flight Simulator

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

in JA2 the questions only determine your perks, you always get to do points manually

Yeah, it uses the original Deus Ex template for fights in that you'll loving miss everything until you learn how to exploit the game's mechanics. Also you don't have any rifles and will need to crawl around like a coward hoping you don't get hit before you reach a good firing spot because enemies can interrupt you seemingly at random.

Meanwhile, Jagged Alliance 3 is hard but mostly fair.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

croup coughfield posted:

im gonna need someone to stand over my shoulder and validate every mouse click and button press i make. whos available, please?

weird fetish but ok

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Al! posted:

weird fetish but ok

perks include access to my bank account and credit cards as well as carte blanche to be mean to me

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you gotta clear out Drassen with a single guy holding a revolver.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i’ll be your gamer coach/bully. your mouse clicks are trash tier, you move your mouse like a coward, etc

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah I keep hearing that so I’m trying to optimize a bit, it’s just perks seem important and I somehow ended up with throwing despite selecting answers from the quiz that the internet says will yield night ops

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

croup coughfield posted:

perks include access to my bank account and credit cards as well as carte blanche to be mean to me

ill do it but only if i get to rp as the most annoying merc from jagged alliance

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Frog Act posted:

yeah I keep hearing that so I’m trying to optimize a bit, it’s just perks seem important and I somehow ended up with throwing despite selecting answers from the quiz that the internet says will yield night ops

frog act if you dont stop checking every action against internet posts im going to hire mercenaries to kill you irl

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what a pathetic character build worm. from now on ill be picking your perks. say yes mistress

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

ill do it but only if i get to rp as the most annoying merc from jagged alliance

im open to negotiation

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

croup coughfield posted:

frog act if you dont stop checking every action against internet posts im going to hire mercenaries to kill you irl

gonna look up the outcome of sparing vs killing and all possible quest branches after i accept this job and then choose the optimal path

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

look I just don’t want a guy whose main thing is throwing baseballs accurately at night

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

just say md, is much shorter

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

just say md, is much shorter

he's actually pretty funny sometimes

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

Al! posted: