Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WizardOfWhispers
Jul 21, 2022
Well that's the story and boss caught up on. Solid, but I do have to agree that it doesn't quite reach the heights of Belobog. Though maybe the post-boss story wrap-up will build on that.

As for the actual boss - phew, that might be a tough one for the weekly raids. I went in with Fireblazer, Natasha, Tingyun, and Story Character. Tingyun got knocked out when I had bad luck with her being low at a phase transition, because of course Tingyun got knocked out. Probably going to ditch Natasha for farming that - cleansing the debuff and having skill points for attacks just feels too tight. Bailu just needs some better relics and then I should be golden once I figure out my DPS for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Still need to download the update on my PC, so haven't done the new stuff yet. I normally play on my phone, but use the PC for actual new story content.

Going to try and do it tonight, since I want to be able to get these new relics.

Speaking of new relics, how are the new ornaments? I did run the new SU once*. Not sure what to make of the ornaments. The party-wise CDMG buff seems like it could be good, but I don't have anyone I deliberately try and stack Effect Resistance on. And not sure how the other Crit Rate one compares with the other DPS ornaments.

* is the new path not available yet, or do you need to finish the new story content first?

Kale
May 14, 2010

GateOfD posted:

lol poor Yanqing
he's jobbing so much, and everyone just tells him to shut up

The kids really loving around and fighting out the last two times he's shown up. I imagine the next little bit of story will deal with the last person that served him hard.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Finished the new main story. I really liked the music. Story was interesting but yeah I'd had some of it spoiled for me ages ago on reddit. Mostly unintentionally though I did go looking ahead at upcoming characters when I first got into the game.

It is weird that the story beats felt like more of a character advertisement for Jing Yuan and Dan rather than Blade or Kafka. Though I guess Kafka already got her in game ad a few times.

Speculation I do wonder if the next planet will have a March 7th 5* and we won't get another MC path until next year sometime.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 19, 2023

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
New main story was alright, but Yukong's companion mission is really, really good.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

WizardOfWhispers posted:

Well that's the story and boss caught up on. Solid, but I do have to agree that it doesn't quite reach the heights of Belobog. Though maybe the post-boss story wrap-up will build on that.

As for the actual boss - phew, that might be a tough one for the weekly raids. I went in with Fireblazer, Natasha, Tingyun, and Story Character. Tingyun got knocked out when I had bad luck with her being low at a phase transition, because of course Tingyun got knocked out. Probably going to ditch Natasha for farming that - cleansing the debuff and having skill points for attacks just feels too tight. Bailu just needs some better relics and then I should be golden once I figure out my DPS for it.

Boss is just rough in general with how many turns she and her adds get and how SP starved you are. Almost seems like a dps race to get her down while healing to try and keep said DPS alive until the end.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tree Reformat posted:

Boss is just rough in general with how many turns she and her adds get and how SP starved you are.

I didn't have any issues with SP starvation, but Sampo Gang Rise Up, gently caress Your Flowers

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The new ape enemy seem simple once you figure them out. All you really need is either Seele or Yukong. just use their techniques to sneak past them and they won't be a problem for you

WizardOfWhispers
Jul 21, 2022

Kyrosiris posted:

I didn't have any issues with SP starvation, but Sampo Gang Rise Up, gently caress Your Flowers

Yeah, I just did the raid with Fireblazer, Sampo, Serval, and Bailu - worked pretty well, even with an under leveled Sampo and under geared Bailu. Though that was a very SP positive team, so not sure how others will deal with that part of the boss mechanics.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Luocha really is nuts for this; so much free healing, dispel, and cleanse.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
New world boss has a potential to be a real pain in the rear end since it can kill a full 3.5k+ hp character in one uninterrupted sequence of events. If one of the debuff flowers acts between your dispel character and the boss turns, the boss can just kill the debuffed character with an the aoe attack + poke.

I had this happen both vs the story version and the world boss version once. Gepard is probably the best counter we have to the boss rng deaths.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Koski you greasy gently caress.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
I haven't played the patch yet since I'm working, but I did get some boba:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Coasters on point.

Having a chance to feel him in game a bit, all I can say is I really want New Dan. Is he optimal for what I'm doing right this second, no, but I just love doing a million attacks. Making him the robot for this fight was also a nice way to put him over.

I will say that one thing that felt weird about the fight is how it seemed tailored for Dan. It's a bunch of flowers that when you pop them give you SP. It seems like the sort of place where he, specifically, would absolutely clean up.....but they made him the robot. Rather than the General, whose thing is summoning a giant magic robot thing. Odd choice, but I dug his R move so I'll take it.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 19, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

My one big pain point thus far is that we didn't get a kick rear end new song. it kind of signposts that there's still more important story to come. Also like technically Luocha showed up but he didn't do anything. Lame.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AParadox posted:

New world boss has a potential to be a real pain in the rear end since it can kill a full 3.5k+ hp character in one uninterrupted sequence of events. If one of the debuff flowers acts between your dispel character and the boss turns, the boss can just kill the debuffed character with an the aoe attack + poke.

I had this happen both vs the story version and the world boss version once. Gepard is probably the best counter we have to the boss rng deaths.

Yeah, I have no Gepard, Jing Yuan, Luocha, or Seele so... yeah, ouch for me.

Beezus
Sep 11, 2018

I never said I was a role model.

Spent all my passes and stellar jade on the Blade banner. Didn't get Blade. Now I have to actually do content and hope I pull him before he disappears. Feels bad after pulling Luocha in my first 10 pulls on his banner. :negative:

Beezus fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 19, 2023

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WizardOfWhispers posted:

I mean, it's pretty clear we're only halfway done, so equate the story to like meeting clara.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Tree Reformat posted:

Yeah, I have no Gepard, Jing Yuan, Luocha, or Seele so... yeah, ouch for me.

which 5 stars do you have

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tatsuta Age posted:

which 5 stars do you have

SW, Clara, Bronya, Bailu

Bailu is completely unbuilt, Nats is at least leveled now

I did beat the boss, I just have to drop down a level on EoW (but I have to do that for all of them right now anyway). Even then, it's a coin flip if I wipe or not for this one.

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 19, 2023

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Do you lose the attempt if you die in EoW? The phrasing sort of makes it sound like that but I haven't had it happen yet.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

sevenflow posted:

Do you lose the attempt if you die in EoW? The phrasing sort of makes it sound like that but I haven't had it happen yet.

No, it's more just "oh i wiped, guess I have to try again". more annoyance at time wasted than anything

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

How significant does the increase to Equilibrium Level 6 feel in the world/story compared to 5? It doesn't seem like it actually adds much value, so if it's a pain I'm kind of wondering if it's not worth even increasing it.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

hows blade feel to play? he didn't seem that interesting from his trial (lots of "whoa things are happening" that it seems kinda difficult to plan what you actually want to happen)

even though I could use a wind toughness breaker, I'm sitting at 60 pity on the 50/50 and think I'm gonna wait it out

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

How significant does the increase to Equilibrium Level 6 feel in the world/story compared to 5? It doesn't seem like it actually adds much value, so if it's a pain I'm kind of wondering if it's not worth even increasing it.

I mean, why not do it? Get somewhat more materials (the increase for relic farming seems like the most important), and you just have to do a single short fight to unlock it.

edit: Also it's a free (IIRC) 3 standard banner passes + some other stuff

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I mean, why not do it? Get somewhat more materials (the increase for relic farming seems like the most important), and you just have to do a single short fight to unlock it.

Maybe I didn't do a good job getting across what I was asking, but why not is basically what I was trying to figure out by asking if people have found the story and world fights more annoying since they increased it or if it's not a big deal. I'm sure it's not like an insurmountable challenge, but I'm lazy and autobattle most fights, so I'm curious.

Story thoughts: It was kind of weird when Dan Heng tried to talk to the Trailblazer and it said nobody could get them to say anything. I guess it could be to get around having the Trailblazer act independent of when we're playing them, but combined with how sidelined the Trailblazer was toward the end, I wonder if there was something more going on there. If not, it was pretty jarring to see the protagonist get benched so hard.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 19, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

because it turns all the enemies into damage sponges and that's extremely boring

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

because it turns all the enemies into damage sponges and that's extremely boring

Is it that much of an increase over 5? Like is the difference between 5 and 6 bigger than 4 and 5?

I'm close to EQ6 myself (about 2/3 of a rank left, so maybe 5-6 days) so I'm curious.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I haven't really noticed a difference, personally.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I found a pretty noticeable hp increase but I'm also still auto battling through it all

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

There is a relatively short bump in difficulty when going up a new EQ, but it quickly becomes just as easy as the previous. You generally want to go up just to get better drop rates for character materials, as the costs for those goes way up and running the calyxs at the highest possible level is the most efficient. Additionally, relic drops vastly improve as well, so it's well worth it to go to the next tier as soon as you are able.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Always take the world level increases.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tatsuta Age posted:

hows blade feel to play? he didn't seem that interesting from his trial (lots of "whoa things are happening" that it seems kinda difficult to plan what you actually want to happen)

He's a skill point positive dps who can function as a sub dps or a main hyper carry. His ult either heals or damages him and his aoe self heals. He allows for a completely skill point negative Bronya since she can just use the sp he doesn't. Also something I didn't know until it was pointed out to me: He and Quinque, and I assume Imbibitor Lunae, have a mechanic similar to Seele's Resurgence. They can use their skill and get the benefit of Bronya's/Tingyun's ult before they use their enhanced attack. This extends the duration of those buffs for 3 turns rather than 2. Dude's not exactly broken but he's easily the second strongest dps in the game right now.

As always, if you don't like him then skip him.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Is that the one at TB 60 or 65? The one at 60 is required to max level your characters. The one at 65 opens the last stage of SU and gives you the possibility of a third 5 star relic and some extra mats. I'm only at 61 myself so that's really all I know.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
eq6 is the one at 65 yeah. I can kinda understand the sentiment - by the time you get there you should have a maxed out party or two and things won't really get any easier since you don't unlock any new ascension levels. So unless you're farming relics it might be quicker to smash through the story content at eq5 instead.

but yeah I'd just do it anyway free pulls man

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm still pulling for Blade but I'm so jade poor that I can only manage a few pulls a day. I managed 13 today and got E3 Arlan. Yay. I'm close to 60 deep on pity so hopefully I can actually make him come home.

Whether I get him or not I think I'm going to start pulling on the standard banner in the future. I'm 60 away from my free 5 star and I'd really like Clara or maybe Bronya over any of the future characters. Welt E2 would be awesome too.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I got Seele, E1 Jing Yuan, and Silver Wolf, but missed Luocha. I can't decide what to get so I'm just spending all the wishes I get as quickly as I get them. The RNG will decide. The RNG will provide.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mulva posted:

Coasters on point.

Having a chance to feel him in game a bit, all I can say is I really want New Dan. Is he optimal for what I'm doing right this second, no, but I just love doing a million attacks. Making him the robot for this fight was also a nice way to put him over.

I will say that one thing that felt weird about the fight is how it seemed tailored for Dan. It's a bunch of flowers that when you pop them give you SP. It seems like the sort of place where he, specifically, would absolutely clean up.....but they made him the robot. Rather than the General, whose thing is summoning a giant magic robot thing. Odd choice, but I dug his R move so I'll take it.

Does the word robot have a different meaning for you or what

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

Does the word robot have a different meaning for you or what

They mean like the robot arm we used in the Cocolia fight.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
In the first story ending fight for this game, they gave you a robot move on R to assist in blowing poo poo up. In this fight, something else takes the place of the robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh that's what you meant, I was thinking you meant the fights that had them slotted in automatically for you to test out like a demo and was wondering if it was terminology from another game or something.