Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Clarste posted:

That one has the amusing premise that they're in what's effectively the lowest energy state world: it's extremely easy to isekai there, but extremely hard to leave. But, like, there are multiple worlds above it, so their history consists not only of Japanese high schoolers popping in, but also like invasions by extradimensional demons and whatnot, and it's just a mishmash of everything at once.

Yeah, that part is super interesting and is some good plot framing. Just really kinda has the wind sucked out of it by Mental One Punch Man who can kill anyone with a thought. Including people who are remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Clarste posted:

That one has the amusing premise that they're in what's effectively the lowest energy state world: it's extremely easy to isekai there, but extremely hard to leave. But, like, there are multiple worlds above it, so their history consists not only of Japanese high schoolers popping in, but also like invasions by extradimensional demons and whatnot, and it's just a mishmash of everything at once.

I liked the giant robot early on that was basically the equivalent of a tethered dimensional ROV, that explained the problem to them. Though it never really explained why it was there, I don't think. Tourism, I guess

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still find it mildly amusing how these depraved isekai protagonists get a bit of backstory, then insist on attacking the instant death guy. he barely notices when he kills them and never learns what their deal was.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i still find it mildly amusing how these depraved isekai protagonists get a bit of backstory, then insist on attacking the instant death guy. he barely notices when he kills them and never learns what their deal was.

He even basically says as much a couple times, like "Oops, I killed that guy, what was his deal anyways?"

The only one that actually encounters him with intent to harm/capture him and survive is the one who basically realized what he was and her desperation to flee from him basically broke her mentally.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 18, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately the person doing a decent wn translation quit and then a much worse translator decided to skip ahead by several volumes. so, it's not really worth reading imo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, that one got really tiring after a while, although it had some good concepts. His instant death skill is really just as overpowered as you can get, and kinda makes the story a slog.
nah that's the part that makes it amusing, like how he accidentally kills an eldritch horror beyond all planar being comprehension because he had a bad feeling, while also introducing this frankly horrifying multiversal setting layout.

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, that part is super interesting and is some good plot framing. Just really kinda has the wind sucked out of it by Mental One Punch Man who can kill anyone with a thought. Including people who are remote.
that part owned because you had this character who sets up multiple failsafes and clones and poo poo and then he's "snip" and it kills the original body connecting them all and all of them die

Like the instagib ability is not necessarily the main focus, it's just a gag that gets a lot of play on the side of him and his classmate trying to gtfo of this lovely world full of morons who ABSOLUTELY CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STOP POKING THE REAPER

CommieGIR posted:

The only one that actually encounters him with intent to harm/capture him and survive is the one who basically realized what he was and her desperation to flee from him basically broke her mentally.
her deal was that she had mind scanning abilities, and upon trying to read the mind of A Being That Can Kill Gods With A Thought, she went full basketcase with despair

It's a great gag they pull out while the two casually go on their journey. It's never supposed to be taken super seriously, much like one punch man.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

unfortunately the person doing a decent wn translation quit and then a much worse translator decided to skip ahead by several volumes. so, it's not really worth reading imo.
well, didn't they announce an anime of it at some point? So hopefully that's a big success and there's multiple seasons so we get to see a whole bunch of what's been adapted in the manga and beyond.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Are the web novels and light novels very different? Because JNovel is pretty well keeping up with the Japanese LN releases.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lord Awkward posted:

I liked the giant robot early on that was basically the equivalent of a tethered dimensional ROV, that explained the problem to them. Though it never really explained why it was there, I don't think. Tourism, I guess
I think it was just a search Drone that wound up there because of how dimensions work, I'd have to re-check. I also found it amusing when he flat out denied helping the MC because doing so would bring a blight to his own reality.

Arc Hammer posted:

On that line of thinking are there any isekai series that do follow through with the ramifications of the protagonist introducing society-altering technology to their fantasy world? Like after a time the world becomes unrecognizable as the modern technology rapidly changes the cultures affected by it?
Shinju no Nectar does this as the history of its world is filled with humans from earth leaping over and bringing with them technology and new ideas. The current timeline is a fantasy world going through the beginnings of an industrial revolution but on top of that you have areas of science that have progressed even further without the preceding technological advancements. These advancements vary by nations since isekai'd individuals, dubbed Marebito, tend to get scooped up by someone and either hidden away or mined for information and executed. So for one instance you have the Empire of Dhala who still uses sails on their ships along with more antiquated cannons, but the Albion kingdom's flagship is an iron steam boat using a screw propeller rather than a paddle and far more modern artillery cannons. Conversely Dhala has brought to the table Zeppelins, mustard gas, and early forms of tanks owing to how much more fervently they track down Marebito and allow a mutant vampire scientist in their ranks to suck their brains to assimilate their knowledge. The MC so far has brought over the knowledge and means to use arc welding and create Dynamite due to his history working in various construction jobs.

One of the last truly good arcs before the story quality starts to tank features a WW1 radio engineer being on the run because the country that took him in plans to trade him to Dhala as part of an alliance deal, an arrangement that guarantees his death at the hands of the vampire. I won't speak much for the current story because the last couple chapters have firmly pushed the story into the garbage, but everything up to the notJapan arc was compelling as far as worldbuilding and story goes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

nah that's the part that makes it amusing, like how he accidentally kills an eldritch horror beyond all planar being comprehension because he had a bad feeling, while also introducing this frankly horrifying multiversal setting layout.

that part owned because you had this character who sets up multiple failsafes and clones and poo poo and then he's "snip" and it kills the original body connecting them all and all of them die

Like the instagib ability is not necessarily the main focus, it's just a gag that gets a lot of play on the side of him and his classmate trying to gtfo of this lovely world full of morons who ABSOLUTELY CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STOP POKING THE REAPER

her deal was that she had mind scanning abilities, and upon trying to read the mind of A Being That Can Kill Gods With A Thought, she went full basketcase with despair

It's a great gag they pull out while the two casually go on their journey. It's never supposed to be taken super seriously, much like one punch man.

I dunno, it didn't feel as silly as One Punch Man, it felt like it was trying to be serious at times.

Maybe its just me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

I dunno, it didn't feel as silly as One Punch Man, it felt like it was trying to be serious at times.

Maybe its just me.
I think most of the time the story isn't necessarily trying to be funny, but the MC's casual detachment to things coupled with how quickly he can end someone can flip between horror and comedy pretty quickly depending on context. Like when he was individually "killing" parts of one of the first people to mug him? That's hosed up. But when he accidentally kills the demon lord that was trapped in a barrier at the beginning of the hero selection arc? That was pretty funny. I'd say overall the story straddles the line, the world is a wacky mix of various isekai cliches and archetypes and they do place the equivalent of Saitama in the mix to just walk in a straight line through them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Brought To You By posted:

I think most of the time the story isn't necessarily trying to be funny, but the MC's casual detachment to things coupled with how quickly he can end someone can flip between horror and comedy pretty quickly depending on context. Like when he was individually "killing" parts of one of the first people to mug him? That's hosed up. But when he accidentally kills the demon lord that was trapped in a barrier at the beginning of the hero selection arc? That was pretty funny. I'd say overall the story straddles the line, the world is a wacky mix of various isekai cliches and archetypes and they do place the equivalent of Saitama in the mix to just walk in a straight line through them.

My problem is that One Punch Man makes it work by making it silly, that's like half the reason the story is interesting: He's the strongest in the world but he doesn't really care and its funny because everyone else is trying to be deadpan serious.

But meh, maybe its just not my cup of tea.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

I think it was just a search Drone that wound up there because of how dimensions work, I'd have to re-check. I also found it amusing when he flat out denied helping the MC because doing so would bring a blight to his own reality.

Could be, been a while for me. That whole interaction was pretty good. "No, I super don't want to fight, kid 1/100 my size- I just watched you casually drop the guy fighting me with one word."

Shinju no Nectar does this as the history of its world is filled with humans from earth leaping over and bringing with them technology and new ideas. The current timeline is a fantasy world going through the beginnings of an industrial revolution but on top of that you have areas of science that have progressed even further without the preceding technological advancements. These advancements vary by nations since isekai'd individuals, dubbed Marebito, tend to get scooped up by someone and either hidden away or mined for information and executed. So for one instance you have the Empire of Dhala who still uses sails on their ships along with more antiquated cannons, but the Albion kingdom's flagship is an iron steam boat using a screw propeller rather than a paddle and far more modern artillery cannons. Conversely Dhala has brought to the table Zeppelins, mustard gas, and early forms of tanks owing to how much more fervently they track down Marebito and allow a mutant vampire scientist in their ranks to suck their brains to assimilate their knowledge. The MC so far has brought over the knowledge and means to use arc welding and create Dynamite due to his history working in various construction jobs.

One of the last truly good arcs before the story quality starts to tank features a WW1 radio engineer being on the run because the country that took him in plans to trade him to Dhala as part of an alliance deal, an arrangement that guarantees his death at the hands of the vampire. I won't speak much for the current story because the last couple chapters have firmly pushed the story into the garbage, but everything up to the notJapan arc was compelling as far as worldbuilding and story goes.

I've read this one I think maybe a couple chapters past the radioman arc, and yeah, the concepts they're working with are really good in general*, shame if it goes downhill like you say.

*minus the method of activating the MC's marebito superpowers, which, lol c'mon :rolleyes:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life. and that dude really fuckin' loves making manga about magic breast feeding.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

CommieGIR posted:

My problem is that One Punch Man makes it work by making it silly, that's like half the reason the story is interesting: He's the strongest in the world but he doesn't really care and its funny because everyone else is trying to be deadpan serious.

But meh, maybe its just not my cup of tea.

The instant death guy cares even less than Saitama does. Saitama at least actively goes out of his way to put himself in positions where punching a dude is the optimal solution.

It's definitely not the best written thing ever though.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Instant Death is a comedy horror but the horror is the protagonist, not being inflicted on the protagonist. It does have moments of actual seriousness, and these mostly deal with the backstory of said horror-monster protagonist. Its comedy mostly only works if you read lots of bad isekai, because basically every 'big' enemy that he's accidentally killed is almost exactly a parody of some actual isekai protagonist sociopath.

I like that the MC actually acknowledges his stuff and that nothing really threatens him, instead of the typical overpowered comedy isekai trope of 'doesn't understand he's the strongest thing ever and is constantly scared of everyone'. I also like that it establishes that his only actual goal (getting home) is not something his power is at all conductive to. He has infinite power to murder, but murder is not going to get any portals home open for him.

That said, imo the biggest flaw of it is that the series is very fond of showcasing sexual violence, though in a 'all rapists should die' way at least. Multiple slavers with explicit sex slaves, multiple now dead rapists, the first thing any bad guy does is salivate over the pretty waifus and what they'll do to them after killing the MC...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Destroy Everything recently got a new chapter after months of inactivity: https://mangadex.org/title/59e475ff-000b-4c01-9db9-038590d14784/destroy-everything

It’s reverse isekai slice of life comedy, and really drat good. A Goddess of Destruction and the Hero are reincarnated into modern japan as twins and have to live their daily lives to get their powers back. It’s definitely focused more on the comedy aspect in the 10 chapters translated than any major plot and the reincarnators are adorably dumb

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CommieGIR posted:

Maybe its just me.
see, that's our difference, I think barely a single page of this series has been serious besides his backstory. He kills to protect his friend, and that's about it.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Pumpkin Scissors eventually reveals that the terrible continental hegemon they work for is effectively the result of one person inventing everything. The state uses the resulting military power to dominate their continent and force their neighbors to abide by strict patent registrations. Including a regular conference where they reveal that actually they already had a patent on whatever those foreign scientists were working on. Unfortunately the attack on that conference is after the slums arc, which is really bad. And even before that the series was just okay. Interesting to think about what a tank would look like in a world without semi automatic weapons, much less machine guns.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Arc Hammer posted:

On that line of thinking are there any isekai series that do follow through with the ramifications of the protagonist introducing society-altering technology to their fantasy world? Like after a time the world becomes unrecognizable as the modern technology rapidly changes the cultures affected by it?

I can't remember the name right now, but it was quite popular.
Hero gets summoned to fight against demons and gets his sword and party of women and goes off adventuring.
But they accidentally summon someone too, who was near the hero at the time. He wonders around a bit until he starts up a university.

Hero gets stuck in a slog in some southerm country where he overthrew the government to remove slavery.
The non-main character falls in love and marries, people in the town start learning how to use magic more systematically, leading to them digging a really deep whole to act as a magic power source and using it as a electricity. Industrial revolution starts to get off. Magic spells get reduced to pre written scripts on a device, etc.
You have a traditional hero with one small zero elite party and in the other corner of the world you have peasant rebellions with guns, because old power structures are breaking down. Demons aren't that much of a issue, when you have minefields and flamethrowers.

Anyone remember the name? I stopped reading before it was finished.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

the heat goes wrong posted:

I can't remember the name right now, but it was quite popular.
Hero gets summoned to fight against demons and gets his sword and party of women and goes off adventuring.
But they accidentally summon someone too, who was near the hero at the time. He wonders around a bit until he starts up a university.

Hero gets stuck in a slog in some southerm country where he overthrew the government to remove slavery.
The non-main character falls in love and marries, people in the town start learning how to use magic more systematically, leading to them digging a really deep whole to act as a magic power source and using it as a electricity. Industrial revolution starts to get off. Magic spells get reduced to pre written scripts on a device, etc.
You have a traditional hero with one small zero elite party and in the other corner of the world you have peasant rebellions with guns, because old power structures are breaking down. Demons aren't that much of a issue, when you have minefields and flamethrowers.

Anyone remember the name? I stopped reading before it was finished.

Reminds me of an english WN i can't remember the name of that I lost track of because it took forever to update.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a hero's war, i think.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

a hero's war, i think.

That´s the one, thanks.
Classical hero vs. background industrial revolution.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Gotta give people a warning, it's getting through its nadir where it does some sketchy political poo poo ("abolish slavery by educating people and giving them jobs!") and from this point it becomes better. I like the LNs, though I think the story likes to think it's smarter than it actually is, but the latter half of LN 4 and the first half of 5 are ooof.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 19, 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Gotta give people a warning, it just got through its nadir where it does some sketchy political poo poo ("abolish slavery by educating people and giving them jobs!") and from this point it becomes better.

I thought the nadir was him enslaving that woman so she might kill him after he got out of line. You’re saying it went further downhill from there?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Gotta give people a warning, it's getting through its nadir where it does some sketchy political poo poo ("abolish slavery by educating people and giving them jobs!") and from this point it becomes better. I like the LNs, though I think the story likes to think it's smarter than it actually is, but the latter half of LN 4 and the first half of 5 are ooof.

To be fair: He specifically highlights that he's concerned that just outright abolishing Slavery would cause a Civil War not unlike the US Civil War (which he references) and is trying to abolish it under the table to avoid that.

Which makes sense, and if Slavery is widespread and legal outright abolishing it openly, no matter how popular he is, would likely lead to turmoil. He knows slavery is wrong and it has to go, but he's trying to avoid getting John Wilkes Booth'ed or dealing with a Confederacy, especially since the kingdom just came out of two large consecutive military operations and also he just killed a large amount of high ranking nobles and likely knows that there's blood in the water if he does so again so quickly

Nemo2342 posted:

I thought the nadir was him enslaving that woman so she might kill him after he got out of line. You’re saying it went further downhill from there?

That...was a weird one. I felt like it would've been easier to just re-commission her as guard with the same responsibility rather than enslaving her. Not sure why that was the choice he made.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 19, 2023

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

-He executes a bunch of corrupt nobles in a sham trial, this is extremely justified (they really gently caress everything up in an alt timeline) and he feels super bad about it, but for a clean-cut, idol-promoting hero it rubs readers the wrong way
-He essentially tells a bunch of refugees that either they join with his country, thus becoming citizens and getting homes and jobs, or they need to leave. Essentially their temporary settlement has started to cause massive friction and he wanted to solve it.
-Essentially solves slavery by just creating more demand but making slavery itself illegal. The story sort of does a magic trick where their owners are forced to educate them and get them jobs but they also get emancipation. It's childlike in its naivite, especially for a "realist" story.

The story picks up on the second half of book 5. He gets crosses the Vatican who can apparently do some genetic engineering and in a later LN helps out an island nation with their kaiju problem.

CommieGIR posted:

That...was a weird one. I felt like it would've been easier to just re-commission her as guard with the same responsibility rather than enslaving her. Not sure why that was the choice he made.

The explanation was that she committed treason and thus had to be executed or else nobody would take his authority seriously. But she was a loyalist and long-lived so shoving her in jail in unproductive so ye olde slave collar it is.
The command was purely there to justify his Machiavelli-sanctioned single use cruelty to kill the nobles while assuring the reader that MC won't go too far.

I don't think anyone was happy with how she was treated though and I hope it changes in the latter novels.

VVVah, you beat my edit haha

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 19, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Seraphic Neoman posted:

-He executes a bunch of corrupt nobles in a sham trial, this is extremely justified (they really gently caress everything up in an alt timeline) and he feels super bad about it, but for a clean-cut, idol-promoting hero it rubs readers the wrong way

To be fair, he's also really clear that he didn't want to do this and it really hosed with his head having to do so and correctly identifies that if he gets used to such things he could easily become a tyrant which is partially why he sets up Carla as an out to kill him if he goes too far.

EDIT: JINX

I kind of hope as part of his slow wind down of slavery he revisits Carla and Castor's treatment.
Much like he also likely faked Carmine's death and spared him and basically made him a black ops leader. This is still conjecture but its basically all but officially confirmed that Kagetora of the Black Cats is Carmine.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 19, 2023

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

CommieGIR posted:

To be fair, he's also really clear that he didn't want to do this and it really hosed with his head having to do so and correctly identifies that if he gets used to such things he could easily become a tyrant which is partially why he sets up Carla as an out to kill him if he goes too far.

That development is what caused me to stop reading it, but I could see how it comes across in WN/LN a lot better when you get some insight into his mental. In the manga it sounded insane and a justification so forced that it felt like an author fetish thing to have a slave be around. Not thrilled about the naivete of the other plot developments mentioned so probably gonna leave it on the "maybe later" pile

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
A new chapter of it just dropped, ironically

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fellis posted:

That development is what caused me to stop reading it, but I could see how it comes across in WN/LN a lot better when you get some insight into his mental. In the manga it sounded insane and a justification so forced that it felt like an author fetish thing to have a slave be around. Not thrilled about the naivete of the other plot developments mentioned so probably gonna leave it on the "maybe later" pile

FWIW the story does goes into some fun times. It has kaiju, good worldbuilding and it commits to the bit wrt to polygamy so loving everyone gets a harem, even the comedy relief fat guy.
The story also does a decent job of rotating the MC's waifus and making sure they all get some screentime.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
After 10,000 years LHTranslations finally kicked out another chapter of The Red Ranger Becomes an Adventurer in Another World

Had to refresh myself on the current fight but that aside I do like the demon family. For as hosed up as they are Red trying to appeal to some sense of family and humanity works and I hope to see continued attempts because Abu Dahbi is the most talkative of the children and I suspect if any of them has a late act side change, it might be him. Helps that he's wearing a mask so maybe one day that will finally come off.

Also LOL at the new megazord being Don Hector with shoulder mounted missile launchers.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I see the trend for more meta-y isekais is starting to slowly roll out:
Stumbled over Another World Dump Truck while skimming the 'popular for the last month' category.

" Yul, the manager of the interdimensional dump truck office, accidentally kills an innocent man named Kwon Yoo-jun. In order to make amends, Yul enters a romance fantasy novel where Yoo-jun is the villainess and tries to send her back to her original world. However, due to various complications, Yul becomes trapped in the novel. With the office staff scattered and no knowledge of the novel's plot, Yul desperately searches for a way out. But, Yoo-jun, who is now pretending to be a noble lady in the new world, causes Yul a headache. "

So an isekai/reincarnator story about a truck-kun company that fucks up. Kinda curious where it's going, since it's only got 2 chapters so far, but the premise is kinda interesting. (Really hoping it'll be a rolling farce of fuckups.)
I'm very intrigued to see how it'll work since it's also doing the didn't reincarnate, souls got swapped thing. So miss princess is currently very annoyed at some healthcare professionals post truck crash.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Not an isekai I think, but liked the other Realist one where he just wants to sell his kingdom, but keeps making it so that his nation keeps getting stronger instead of to the point he can just surrender and give it away

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GateOfD posted:

Not an isekai I think, but liked the other Realist one where he just wants to sell his kingdom, but keeps making it so that his nation keeps getting stronger instead of to the point he can just surrender and give it away

“The Genius Prince’s Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?)”.

I enjoyed the first couple LNs but have since fallen behind on them.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Very easy to fall off LNs after 4 volumes.
Even with Danmachi, I just kind of got lost in how many was coming out

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GateOfD posted:

Very easy to fall off LNs after 4 volumes.
Even with Danmachi, I just kind of got lost in how many was coming out

It's tough trying to juggle manga, LN, WN, and video games. I can only cut out so much sleep at my age.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

After 10,000 years LHTranslations finally kicked out another chapter of The Red Ranger Becomes an Adventurer in Another World

Had to refresh myself on the current fight but that aside I do like the demon family. For as hosed up as they are Red trying to appeal to some sense of family and humanity works and I hope to see continued attempts because Abu Dahbi is the most talkative of the children and I suspect if any of them has a late act side change, it might be him. Helps that he's wearing a mask so maybe one day that will finally come off.

Also LOL at the new megazord being Don Hector with shoulder mounted missile launchers.

it's hilarious that the titanus stand-in, since the Ranger theme here is bandages, just makes the combined form increasingly injured with an eyepatch bandage and a loving wheelchair lol

Also loved that he attempted to appeal to their compassion and when he was swiftly rebuked and abu dhabi peaced out, red just dove headfirst into the portal instead of letting them just casually leave. loving love it when that happens even if he got booted right back out after

Also there's a new chapter of faraway paladin and while it is indeed yet another phenomenal chapter, for some reason the first thing that popped into my head at the end of the chapter was

Probably from reading the red ranger chapter immediately before it :v:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

it's hilarious that the titanus stand-in, since the Ranger theme here is bandages, just makes the combined form increasingly injured with an eyepatch bandage and a loving wheelchair lol

Also loved that he attempted to appeal to their compassion and when he was swiftly rebuked and abu dhabi peaced out, red just dove headfirst into the portal instead of letting them just casually leave. loving love it when that happens even if he got booted right back out after

Also there's a new chapter of faraway paladin and while it is indeed yet another phenomenal chapter, for some reason the first thing that popped into my head at the end of the chapter was

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

That was exactly what popped into my head when reading the red ranger isekai. God I love Wonderful 101.