Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

glad everyone is hype for this one, i lived in the block of apartments that now exists where malcolms house was lol. the milkbar side of the street is still the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

glad everyone is hype for this one, i lived in the block of apartments that now exists where malcolms house was lol. the milkbar side of the street is still the same

lol cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theres a big brick building on the corner you see in a couple of shots. it always smelled like pee because it doesnt have a yard and the people that lived there would let their dogs out the front to piss in the gutter

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

grateful they covered all the bases with this one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

adding your vice is a locked room and only I have the key to my picklist

copy
Jul 26, 2007

holy poo poo the heist at the end

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao great pick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the music is so good in this movie, thank you penguin cafe orchestra

copy
Jul 26, 2007

the music when theyre maneuvering the ash trays was amazing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

alexander the great smiles in his grave

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im glad that apparently malcolm just never considered a way to turn the microphone off, it allows for more hijinx

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my dude. dont do this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

since its 2 movies always on a weekly rotation you could prob save characters by just listing them in order. the first ones always gonna rotate out on the next monday and the second is gonna rotate a week after

feels more like a movie theater too

THE MASTER
MALCOLM

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fungah! posted:

my dude. dont do this

Got it :cheers:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It is a solid giallo tho

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
weird rear end old rear end australian rear end :sam: rear end movie but it goes by pretty fast and has a nice comfy portugal twist ending at the end. i like the songs too

2/5

thanks for the epic sig el spider

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

poo poo, I still gotta watch the previous movie lol. I'll make sure to get to it soon

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
watched malcolm not exactly the laugh a minute comedy i thought it would be but it was pretty nice

i think some of the humor didnt really do much for me because it was making fun of the titular character being austistic which was only sometimes a little funny

i liked the music though and the inventions were fun to watch whizz about but i wish there was more of them but it was also an 80s movie so making all those gadgets probably ate up most of the budget as it is

my favorite part was easily the heist i actually had a decent lol when the heist music stopped while the guard searched around and then it came back on when he went into the elevator and IMMEDIATELY stopped again when he popped out one more time that was good poo poo

overall it was kind of okay i didnt super care for the story or too much for the characters and i thought it was weird that malcolms love interest just goes "going to work for my father in another town bye" and that was that

so yeah to sum it all up not especially over the top hilarious for a comedy but i chuckled a few times and the real heart of the movie comes from the wacky inventions malcolm makes but theres only like two or three really interesting remote controlled ones and the rest is mostly just on rails tram stuff which is boring

id give it like a 5/10 but i think its worth watching as a fun little novelty because that 5 goes a long way

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a lot of the jokes are probably going to be completely missed because Lalor is about 30 mins from Collingwood

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also its in the credits but people might miss it, malcolm is inspired by nadia tass' brother who had died a few years earlier. i really found the movie a lot more genuine with how people treat malcolm than something like forrest gump or i am sam

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I really enjoyed this, it felt a lot more good-natured and sincere than a lot of "weird guy who's also a savant" movies tend to be, and it was just fun in general. I had an uncle whose personality was very similar to Malcolm's, and it's obvious that the character comes from a place of genuine affection. Actors were all perfect and very natural, and great soundtrack too!

lmao in particular at the guard + elevator scene in the bank, that whole sequence was loving great, as well as the "did they put your dad's head back on?" joke

Very fun movie, I definitely would never have watched it if not for the movie club but I'm glad I did. 4/5 vhs tapes

a lot of the jokes are probably going to be completely missed because Lalor is about 30 mins from Collingwood

thank you, glad I read this before watching that scene lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

just finished The Master. not a lot to add to what people have already said. cool movie, great performances.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Fun quaint movie with a good soundtrack. The split car scene was impressive and I liked all the gadgets he had in his house.

Also I tried to rent this from the movie rental place and surprisingly someone had it already checked out AND it was over due.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have so many more australian films i want to make people watch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fargield posted:

Also I tried to rent this from the movie rental place and surprisingly someone had it already checked out AND it was over due.

also lmfao at every single thing about this

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

there's that nz film called black sheep which rules and is also one of those 'i shall expose people to it' films

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

road games

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhck0SLcA6I

i lol everytime i see the zombie sheep

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Yahoo Serious film festival

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my friends dad made the leather hot air balloon for young einstein

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol that’s cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nice, who from

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

Lol that’s cool

he also did all the leatherwork for crocodile dundee, thats what happens when youre basically the only leather worker on the gold coast in the 80s lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Man makes a fine jacket

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Was pretty entertained by Malcolm. The gadgets make for some fun scenes and I thought the trio bonding had some good storytelling. The remote robbery made me lol pretty good.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Watched The Master, great pick.

Great cast, great score, insane screenplay. I really liked the way the story wraps up near the end, you finally get so much insight into these two, especially freddie, in just a couple scenes after spending the whole movie on the outside. Really well made.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
thinking back on malcolm, it was crazy how at the end u get to see lisbon but it looks all unrecognizably mad max and poo poo. it just now dawned on me that miami doesnt actually look like it has a yellow filter like every old movie ab it made me believe

anyways, that led me to finding this cool video that shows a bunch of the australian locations from the movie in modern times. its cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLCE14VHEXk

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i had no idea what the master was or what to expect and having watched it i am so glad i went into that movie with zero prior knowledge. holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

I finally sat down and watched The Master. It's been said many times already but it is a gorgeous-looking movie with excellent acting. I found that I enjoyed Hoffman's performance more than that of Phoenix. Not that the latter was bad, I just thought there was more depth to the former especially. And the Cause is clearly inspired by Scientology lol. Very solid pick.