Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

haven't devoted nearly enough time to doodling lately. here's an aardwolf

and two lil dudes who could very well be rejected pokemon: an acorn dragon and his friend, a corn dragon. personally, i like the corn dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Good postin' everyone! A quick reminder to please timg your posts though, otherwise the huge images make scrolling a pain on desktop.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

BoothBaberGinsburg posted:

haven't devoted nearly enough time to doodling lately. here's an aardwolf

and two lil dudes who could very well be rejected pokemon: an acorn dragon and his friend, a corn dragon. personally, i like the corn dragon

They're adorable!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2013 and #2012 were two requests from a Cohost art friend. I did two because I felt bad about #2012.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shinmera posted:

Good postin' everyone! A quick reminder to please timg your posts though, otherwise the huge images make scrolling a pain on desktop.

sorry! a bunch of us artists in cspam were talking about how we never post daily doodles anymore and probably forgot that rule

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

AxGrap posted:

Life drawing is very important, but I've also found a lot of help in little figures and also tracing (gently caress the haters). You can do the x heads tall trick and have proportions math, but that always sucked the fun out of it for me. Keep loose and then fill in when it looks right. Imo imo. I'm gonna draw some action figures tonight, I love these lil toys for drawings and part of the reason why is the proportions are clearly delineated with the joints and color blocking. Keep it up!

funny you mention that cos I already ordered some little poseable figures for this reason, but they are taking 2 weeks to arrive because they're coming from china!

i probably do commit too quickly and then try to make things that don't fit, fit. i'll keep that in mind and hopefully working from the figures will help me out.

in the meantime i'm doing a stylised character sheet but i'm doing a full colour of it so it will probably take me a few days, it is my first try at this.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Thanks for the feedback shinmera, sorry.

I like these little guys bc they are simple outlines and if I like one I can trace it and work on it.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
running out of steam on this one but I like it enough that I might come back and make a finished piece out of it

cloth folds are hard

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ben Nerevarine posted:

cloth folds are hard

Yes, they are! But you tried your best and that's all you can ask for ❤️

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

AxGrap posted:

Thanks for the feedback shinmera, sorry.

No problem! Just keep on drawin'!

#2015: quick sketch in bed

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Gonna share from my new art project thread where I create TMNT-style monster hero characters.

She's cool but rude (and a party dude).

Supporting cast member for the Dakka Smith Orkgirls

Major villain and member of the Renegade Skulls

She taught them to be a fighting team (she's a radical cat)

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Watching Steven universe with kid one and trying to pull simple sketches from it

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

AxGrap posted:

Watching Steven universe with kid one and trying to pull simple sketches from it

this owns and reminds me of way max beckmann would do little doodles

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Sherbert Hoover posted:

this owns and reminds me of way max beckmann would do little doodles

We're gonna get you drawing again, lol

Watching Alone and got the vibe off this gal hunting muskrats

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

More sketches from my latest art project

"Make me a Friendly Thing"

She's a 7-tailed demon squirrel who pilots an ogre mech that resembles Shrek and is basically the expy of Krang, if Krang also had a thing about Shrek and chubby men.

Member of the badguy team who is a Slam Necrodancer

The Inspector Javert, except he eventually realizes he's been in the wrong.

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I drew this to explain music!

How do I make a smaller inline image? It made it fullsize! Also image tags weren't working!

oh tiny image vanderbilt vcode got it!

Copy Image Link is what I have let's see! cool thanks! works! :D

edit:

Shinmera posted:

Right click image, copy image address, then paste here and use timg tags instead of img tags. Like so:

As for me, did a quick sketch on the reMarkable today:

Nice! I want a tablet! Walmart has super cheap ones! But, pencil is still my favorite! Then paint! Is the reMarkable good/how much?

Artwork of Rezin from my version of BLACKSTAR! She's 15, a REAPER, and not Japanese or a murderer! But she can wield a sword! ULTIMATE SPARK would be her mega move! It's a simple slice down the straightway's she'd never get to use because she'd go to jail by kicking a rock again first! Imprisoned every 3sec not-on-average, it's literally every beyond an instant of her existence!, she is a criminal!

With her friend Marco Calanca, who is now a horse!, she makes a living as a brain-destroyed organism in CENTRAL after the end of Kaine's dealings with her! What will happen next!?

Marco Calanca, the Horse!

He's ready to ride! But came unsaddled! A regular horse! Not a pony, or a showhorse! A criminal now work-ready! Does the program work?

Used a clipboard, pencil (Ticonderoga Walmart cheapest!), cheap XACTO pencil sharpener (plugged in automatic! :D) and Paint to draw! Witness Rezin's battle form, DEATH GODDESS! It's got no way to escape! And Marco is just Marco!

cpmaoa1990 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 22, 2023

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Right click image, copy image address, then paste here and use timg tags instead of img tags. Like so:

As for me, did a quick sketch on the reMarkable today:

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Been working on this today. It's for a college intro project thing, not graded but I want to do my best, so I'm open to any suggestions people have.

The prompt was fairytale redesign, so I chose the little match girl and made her a wandering spirit.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
birb

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
also birb (from ref)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

also birb (from ref)

hell yeah

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

AxGrap posted:

We're gonna get you drawing again, lol

Watching Alone and got the vibe off this gal hunting muskrats

hah, love this. we've also been watching alone but mostly i just draw trees during

pictured: not a tree, but a doodle of my husband's favorite cat as an astronaut

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

HopperUK posted:

hell yeah

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Ben Nerevarine posted:

also birb (from ref)

that is a truly exquisite birb!

this birb sparks joy

roomtone posted:

Been working on this today. It's for a college intro project thing, not graded but I want to do my best, so I'm open to any suggestions people have.

The prompt was fairytale redesign, so I chose the little match girl and made her a wandering spirit.

i don't have any suggestions but i really like how much your concept art tells a story all on its own, you've given her lots of character

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Me irl

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

hah, love this. we've also been watching alone but mostly i just draw trees during

pictured: not a tree, but a doodle of my husband's favorite cat as an astronaut

You ever use inks booth? I know your just sketching now. Op lemme know if art chat should be taken somewhere else.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Here's today's batch of characters.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

whoa this is excellent Shin

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

that is a truly exquisite birb!

:h:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
this kills the brush pen

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

AxGrap posted:

You ever use inks booth? I know your just sketching now. Op lemme know if art chat should be taken somewhere else.

i did ink washes and stuff years ago but fell out of the habit of working with traditional media when i got my first wacom tablet as a teenager. now i'm trying to find my feet again and it's definitely highlighted a lot of my weak points not being able to ctrl-z away my mistakes lol
that being said if you have any recommendations for inks you like working with i'm all ears! otherwise i doodle in bic pen because i'm cheap

Smik posted:

Here's today's batch of characters.

these are really cool, i'm impressed with the variety in all your character designs. it makes me want to know more about them!

excellent, emotive. love the dramatic lighting

Ben Nerevarine posted:

this kills the brush pen

sorry for quoting half this page but dang y'all are seriously killing it in here. this reminds me of bill watterson's style, it's very spaceman spiff!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

these are really cool, i'm impressed with the variety in all your character designs. it makes me want to know more about them!

Rather than copying and pasting blocks of text into the daily drawings, the thread's here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037427

Each character gets a short bio about who they are and a notable story arc.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

this reminds me of bill watterson's style, it's very spaceman spiff!

Bill Watterson is a personal hero so I take this as high praise, thank you :3:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK posted:

whoa this is excellent Shin

excellent, emotive. love the dramatic lighting

Thanks to both of you!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#2021: "Why do you want me to do this?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Next batch of characters

Bouncer Badger

Shield of the Abyss (it's sentient and calls itself 'Sophy')

Blud Phlart

Kyupileet

Freida Hubbahex