Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022
Legerdemain is a pretty great uptie, the paralysis infliction goes from heads hit to on hit, so no more worrying about the 15% chance of your whole plan going to pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arzaac posted:

Holy poo poo Fluid Sac just heals an extra 10 sp on a heads at tier 4, that's kinda nuts

That's thankfully unneeded for me, my Sinners will always roll Tails on EGO damage every single time

CountDuckoo posted:

Legerdemain is a pretty great uptie, the paralysis infliction goes from heads hit to on hit, so no more worrying about the 15% chance of your whole plan going to pieces.

this otoh owns because see above

I unfortunately can't check Sloshmael's uptie 4 stats, someone tell me so I can laugh

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
The takeaway here is ignore Upties, Threadspin! Legerdemain Uptie 4 is Paralyze On Hit instead of Paralyze on Heads and Heathcliff's AEDD gets increased to Atk Weight 3 to give you a second Legerdemain. You love to see it. Plus, Yi Sang's AOE EGO upgrades.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I feel like the full N Corp squad got a pretty massive boost, pretty much everyone that added Nails adds one more Nail, N Sinclair gives the whole team a boost and even N Heath gets a constant +1 Final Power if most of the squad is N Corp. And N.Rodion's final skill gets to do +5% more damage for each N Corp member in the team. In general it seems like they REALLY want you to run the whole squad together.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Uhh did everyones text go away for hot tips during combat?

Edit:
Like during combat, when you select what skills to use, it will show the numbers, but not what the skill will do (I.E: Burn on heads)

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 20, 2023

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

This is not the hero of time you're looking for.
Sloshing Ish got the tank treatment. Aggro on her moves, and bonuses even if she loses the resulting clash, inflicting tremor and rupture.
W corp Faust is much more usable now, though, her charge gain doubled by on use effects on her two skills, leap funds itself now, and overcharge gets clashing power when charged. Her passive also now gives a charge to a random teammate, so more charge team support.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Infinity Gaia posted:

I feel like the full N Corp squad got a pretty massive boost, pretty much everyone that added Nails adds one more Nail, N Sinclair gives the whole team a boost and even N Heath gets a constant +1 Final Power if most of the squad is N Corp. And N.Rodion's final skill gets to do +5% more damage for each N Corp member in the team. In general it seems like they REALLY want you to run the whole squad together.

People (myself included) have been underrating N Heath for a while so I think this is going to be a big shot in the arm for him. He might actually be the first test unit I do some upties / threadspins for, his AEDD and this identity.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

If I had to make one comment on this, they should backport the Tier 4 defensive skill sin type for evade and guard. That being tier 4 specific is going to feel real bad the longer the game goes on.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

DropTheAnvil posted:

Uhh did everyones text go away for hot tips during combat?

There's a new option in the top right, it's set to minimum info by default for some reason. Set it to max for the old info, because even mid doesn't have the useful stuff.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

to add to my earlier review, the slightly less big kids:

Kuro Hong got his "on heads" Cloud Cutter bleed changed to "On hit". Oh and Skill 1 got a small power boost and does +1 Bleed now if you care. It also says Skill 3 changed but it seems literally identical E: It's base power went up by 1 oh boy

L Faust: Skill 1 gets an extra +2 power e: and Skill 2 gets +1 base power.. Also gains +1 Poise on skill 1 use and an extra poise on Skill 2 but who gives a poo poo

R Ish: Skill 2 and Mind Whip got their power upped. Also Skill 1 gets an extra +2 Charge on use and Skill 2 gives her +7 now. Her defensive skill gives her +1 Charge on Evade too. Her passive has been changed so she only loses SP if she fails to deal damage that turn, a massive upgrade. E: Mind Whip removes 8 charge instead of all, and only requires 8 to remove the downside.

LCCB Ish: Aggro boost on Skill 1 and her defense skill(with an extra +2 on her defense if she's out of ammo), Skill 1 gets +2 power with 8+ Tremor and Skill 3 gets a coin boost with 5+ Tremor Count. Her Guard also got better. Kind of a weird set of buffs tbh

N Meursault: Aggro boosts on every skill, Skill 1 gets +2 coin power below 50% HP, Skill 2 gives another power down stack, and skill 3 heals Meur for 3% per Nail stack on the enemy.

Overall: N Meur and R Ish came out best here. LCCB Ish seems like she's meant to spend all her ammo then die which seems bad for the content you're most likely to use her for.

lol L Faust, skill 1 being slightly less of a liability is nice tho

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 20, 2023

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Mind whip doesn't consume all charge at uptie 4 for R ish which is a nice buff too.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Went for a pull on the new Don banner and wound up getting Ryoshu's Red Eyes Open EGO and 50 free Yi Sang shards (whoops Spicebush dupe) on one of those "oh hey you got nothing lol j/k here's two gold pulls actually" situations.

Saves me from using these 500+ boxes to make a bunch of Ryoshu shards, I guess!

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

CountDuckoo posted:

There's a new option in the top right, it's set to minimum info by default for some reason. Set it to max for the old info, because even mid doesn't have the useful stuff.

Thank you!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MagusDraco posted:

Mind whip doesn't consume all charge at uptie 4 for R ish which is a nice buff too.

Oh poo poo I missed that, it also only takes 8 charge instead of 10. Charge-focused IDs in general seem to have made out real well

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Torn between getting Cinque don to uptie 3 or picking a single uptie 4 for somebody because that's all the thread I own. I know that it's probably a worse id than warp don but how can you say no to a happy don. Can't wait for the next event I need more resources

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

EGO Roundup Yeehaw, this is again me just skimming through random poo poo I usually use or are interested in:

Legerdemain: Now paralyzes on hit instead of Heads.

Ebony Stem: Hits 7 enemies

YS Sunshower: Ditto

Hex Nail: Adds 3 Nails, +50% damage if enemy is already cursed

Fluid Sac: Free party-wide +10 SP on Heads

Ardor Blossom Star: 3-target aoe(!!!!), deals 5 Burn to random enemies instead of 3

Red Eyes(Closed): Also 3-target

Red Eyes(Open): Coin power moves up to a ludicrous +7 if she's fast enough. Also doubles the Bind damage bonus to 40%.

Crow's Eye View: Inflicts 2 Bind

Bodysack: An extra 2 Attack Power Up

Overall EGO seem to get a lot out of this but still cost a shitload to do so

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 20, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Yinlock posted:

I unfortunately can't check Sloshmael's uptie 4 stats, someone tell me so I can laugh

All of her stuff gains Aggro and applies an increasing amount of Tremor and Rupture automatically if she loses a clash, her Guard is better, and she gets more temporary HP when she fails to do damage with an attack on her previous turn. So... on one hand I'm still sighing sadly, but I can see what they want her to do now: attract all the enemy attacks to herself, and then you don't care if she can reliably win clashes because she has a shitload of HP and is dousing everyone in Tremor and Rupture either way while the rest of your team can exploit those status effects without trying to clash.

Basically, her entire kit hinges on how well Aggro works.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Sinclair's version of Lifetime Stew now hits 7 targets, which I can see getting kind of absurd under the right circumstances.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
There appears to be a bug in mirror dungeons, where if a K corp super soldier gets staggered, the next turn will never start.

This ends your mirror dungeon run, because Mega K Corpers can't die the first time they get staggered.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lurks With Wolves posted:

All of her stuff gains Aggro and applies an increasing amount of Tremor and Rupture automatically if she loses a clash, her Guard is better, and she gets more temporary HP when she fails to do damage with an attack on her previous turn. So... on one hand I'm still sighing sadly, but I can see what they want her to do now: attract all the enemy attacks to herself, and then you don't care if she can reliably win clashes because she has a shitload of HP and is dousing everyone in Tremor and Rupture either way while the rest of your team can exploit those status effects without trying to clash.

Basically, her entire kit hinges on how well Aggro works.

Between that and LCCB Ishmael she seem to have a strange focus on getting murdered. Though with LCCB it's after she burns through her ammo

Also apparently they toned down Hard MD a bit, enemy attack level buffs have been brought down from +5 to +3

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

Sinclair's version of Lifetime Stew now hits 7 targets, which I can see getting kind of absurd under the right circumstances.

poo poo is going to go bananas the second he corrodes

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Saigyouji posted:

There's a lot of really powerful Uptie/Threadspin IVs (shoutout to R Ishmael), but there's also a few duds. And then there's whatever the hell this is:

Cheap, on-demand burst tremor that doesn’t lower tremor count is kind of amazing in certain circumstances.

How’d it change snagharpoon passive? Did it?

Yinlock posted:

Between that and LCCB Ishmael she seem to have a strange focus on getting murdered. Though with LCCB it's after she burns through her ammo

Also apparently they toned down Hard MD a bit, enemy attack level buffs have been brought down from +5 to +3

Also this isn’t really a change, it’s an update to match power from old system to new system. 5 power was +1 before, now it’s 3 power.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Don Telepole now guaranteed to give charge instead of requiring heads
Don Stew goes from 1 to 3 slots
Ryo 4th Match goes from 1 to 3 slots
Screwloose Wallop goes from 1 to 2 slots
Mersault Capote goes from 1 to 3 slots when corroded
Rodya 4th Match goes from 1 to 3 slots, and 5 slots when corroded

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Yinlock posted:

poo poo is going to go bananas the second he corrodes

Nah, the corrosion still only hits 3 targets. Unlike Ardor Blossom Star, which is upped to 5 on corrosion and is therefore going to immolate everything on the field.

TeeQueue posted:

How’d it change snagharpoon passive? Did it?

Nope, tremor burst is the entire change.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

If I commit to a 5-person N Corp team, I can't run Warp Don and R Heath at the same time... Huh, I'm really not sure what to prioritize.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

The funniest change to Attack Weight on Threadspin 4 is Ishmael's Capote going to 2. Not 3, 2. It's the only Attack Weight 2 thing I've seen. Against a lot of targets that basically just rounds down to 1. Why?

In general though I support this new paradigm of EGO above Zayin being AOE more often than not. Gives them something cool and unique even when the effects aren't great, and some of the ones that were only okay before are legitimately great now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

Nah, the corrosion still only hits 3 targets. Unlike Ardor Blossom Star, which is upped to 5 on corrosion and is therefore going to immolate everything on the field.

Lame, the only good part of having Sinclair corrode and losing the fight is watching him drown everyone in boiling soup

TeeQueue posted:

Also this isn’t really a change, it’s an update to match power from old system to new system. 5 power was +1 before, now it’s 3 power.

Oh, nevermind then

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

with how much hard MD is about spamming egos these new AOEs might be the best purchases

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lets hang out posted:

with how much hard MD is about spamming egos these new AOEs might be the best purchases

be warned that they are expensive as poo poo though

even bumping up Legerdemain requires 80 shards/110 thread

e: I'll probably let people figure out what's worth it before I start spending, ID-wise W Don, R Ish and R Heathcliff(yes it's just +3 ammo but that's 1-2 more R Heathcliff turns at maximum murder power) seem like winners

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 20, 2023

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022
It looks like aoe attacks actually spread out more now, using legerdemain against floor 4 boss fairy longlegs and his arm only has 2 aoe slots even though it has 4 skill slots, haven't checked any other abnos yet.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The big winners from my initial looks have been R Ishmael, W Faust, and basically all of Meursalt's 000s. R Ishmael's upgraded passive and charge economy smoothes things out a lot, plus she clashes insanely well across the board.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Einander posted:

The funniest change to Attack Weight on Threadspin 4 is Ishmael's Capote going to 2. Not 3, 2. It's the only Attack Weight 2 thing I've seen. Against a lot of targets that basically just rounds down to 1. Why?

In general though I support this new paradigm of EGO above Zayin being AOE more often than not. Gives them something cool and unique even when the effects aren't great, and some of the ones that were only okay before are legitimately great now.

Shi Heathcliff's S3 is now an Attack Weight 2 when he's under 50% HP at Uptie 4.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tricky posted:

The big winners from my initial looks have been R Ishmael, W Faust, and basically all of Meursalt's 000s. R Ishmael's upgraded passive and charge economy smoothes things out a lot, plus she clashes insanely well across the board.

She already clashed pretty well too, so this just makes her a monster

I totally forgot about Meursault, yeah if you use any of his 000s you're gonna want to uptie them ASAP.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Liu Ish also gets some huge coin power bonuses at 4

Next chapter advantage I guess

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

lets hang out posted:

Yeah a lot of the Liu guys get coin power when the enemy has enough burn now, Liu team plus Sinclair, and maybe chef Ryoshu and someone else seems pretty good.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

They fixed coin power bonuses not being included in the clash prediction window. Nice quality of life for R Heath.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

Please stop just randomly blathering random unchecked and unsupported negativity in response to everything, it's not a meaningful contribution.

That actually wasn't me being negative, that was me describing what happens when a developer decides to add another upgrade tier to every single ID in the game simultaniously. And that developer is Project Moon who are notoriously awful at first-pass balancing. If I was trying to be negative I'd just say it sucks rear end.

I admit i've been pretty negative on the uptie/threadspin 4 costs and will still insist that those sucks rear end big time, but if you disagree I think it would be better to have a discussion about it rather than trying to pick a fight like this.

lets hang out posted:

I've heard that the Liu in general do pretty well for themselves at 4 outside of Meursault

e: checked it, Liu Gregor of all people did super well for himself. Hong Lu and Meursault just get some coin power boosts at 6+ Burn and improved defense skills for some reason

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 20, 2023

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

With his passive (4x Pride Owned) BL Yi Sang now gets +1 power for every 5 poise, up to 3. In addition to getting one poise for every clash win.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Legitimately think it's funny how many E.G.O changes amount to "is AoE now" and how that's still really, really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lets hang out posted:

With his passive (4x Pride Owned) BL Yi Sang now gets +1 power for every 5 poise, up to 3. In addition to getting one poise for every clash win.

Poise Count, not Poise itself. He generates a ton of Count which(theroetically) actually lets him build up enough Poise to be significant. I dismissed it offhand but he might be able to make it work though it will take a good while and it's still pretty inconsistant.(e: Though with a Poise EGO Gift poo poo might start getting nutty)

Also if he crits too much and his count hits 1 he has to start over next turn, otoh that's kind of funny.

E: PM have addressed the Hard MD glitch, their solution is to uh not play Hard MD until they figure out what the hell is causing it

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 20, 2023