Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Substandard posted:

As of the patch yesterday resource burn was 16% per hit and was triggering on melee mobs in addition to ranged mobs.

I never really had issues with it before but it was annoying to the point I just quit and ran another dungeon about 1/2 way through.

Hopefully they fix it. The tooltip still says it's only distant mobs

gotta have some reason to justify the existence of the malignant heart of "resource burn reduced by 50%"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

CLAM DOWN posted:

is the game bad now

Yep game is bad now, but also it was bad yesterday, and my second-cousin's father in law works at Blizzard and told me it will be bad forever. I'm planning on putting 200 hours in over the weekend tho just to confirm. stay tuned.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

quote:

On July 18, we released Patch 1.1.0 for Diablo IV. Since then, we’ve received valuable feedback from the community regarding the changes it implemented. We wanted to take the opportunity to address that feedback directly during our Season of the Malignant Campfire Chat.

Join game director Joe Shely, associate game director Joseph Piepiora, and associate director of community Adam Fletcher on July 21 at 11 a.m. PDT. The team will discuss the feedback we’ve received from the community on Patch 1.1.0, and detail what’s on the horizon for Diablo IV.
No hell toupee this time :munch:

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

My real gripe with the patch is that my rogue was right in that gap between WT3 and WT4 where she was already squishy as gently caress at level 70, and this patch to make that gap even wider catches people in the high 60’s-low 70’s in a bad place.

I thought the 50-70 WT3 grind was pretty terrible as it was, having enemies jump 10 levels if I switch over at lvl70 in s1 is making me wonder whether I’ll bother. I never bothered beating the final boss in Elden Ring, if I want to get poo poo on in a stupid video game with no pause function I’ll just play that.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

They really should have made wt2 give 20 percent more items if they wanted to normalize the reward.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Logged into my 69 Rogue to get the Renown progress saved and was rewarded with the last tier completing on all zones. I tried running a random Nighmare Dungeon sigil I had and got my rear end handed to me. Could be the damage nerfs or it could be that I had already burned out days ago and started playing D2R again.

Anyway, will probably poopsock some time tonight until the kid wakes up. The question is... Druid or Barb?

Looking for something tanky and braindead-ish since I ended frustrated by the Rogue's squishiness.

Skovos expansion when.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ulvino posted:

Logged into my 69 Rogue to get the Renown progress saved and was rewarded with the last tier completing on all zones. I tried running a random Nighmare Dungeon sigil I had and got my rear end handed to me. Could be the damage nerfs or it could be that I had already burned out days ago and started playing D2R again.

Anyway, will probably poopsock some time tonight until the kid wakes up. The question is... Druid or Barb?

Looking for something tanky and braindead-ish since I ended frustrated by the Rogue's squishiness.

Skovos expansion when.

Druid is tanky as gently caress, and while it doesn't move anywhere near as fast as Rogue, it's still fun to hit the Trample button and charge into an enemy pack and slam down pulverizes until the enemies die.

Barb moves faster with its leap skill but it's nowhere near as tanky as my Druid was and is.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Swilo posted:

gotta have some reason to justify the existence of the malignant heart of "resource burn reduced by 50%"

someone theorized that it could be applicable to channeled skills like WW or incinerate, though it is worded uniquely compared to other stats that do that. might b cool though

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

harrygomm posted:

someone theorized that it could be applicable to channeled skills like WW or incinerate, though it is worded uniquely compared to other stats that do that. might b cool though

There is no way blizzard would come up with a cool interaction like that and if it does work that way its a bug and will be hotfixed immediatly to avoid a situation where fun is had

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Finally got my first unique the other day (Vasily's Prayer), which is good for me since I'm trying to go with an Earthbear build.
I haven't been playing much though because I'm waiting on my gf and friends to get through the drat story so they can join me in Tier 3, plus Final Fantasy 14 & 16 are hard to get away from. Would like to get the Insatiable Fury chestpiece one of these days. I'll probably get it 30 seconds after everyone decides that Werebear is terrible and should never be used.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

orange juche posted:

Druid is tanky as gently caress, and while it doesn't move anywhere near as fast as Rogue, it's still fun to hit the Trample button and charge into an enemy pack and slam down pulverizes until the enemies die.

Barb moves faster with its leap skill but it's nowhere near as tanky as my Druid was and is.

Thanks, that is what I'm aiming for, I was already leaning towards Druid since it's the other class that I got some play time into the beta and I have fond memories of my bugged Shockwave Druid in D2R before Blizzard killed it.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
i'm sorry sorc gang but i've decided to go necro for S1

it's not you it's me

i've got too much going on right now

i'll return to my sorc ways in s2

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

There will probably be a bunch of uniques, legendaries, paragon boards and stuff added in season 2 to really shake things up, so sorc will be so crazy then.

Good thinking!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ulvino posted:

Thanks, that is what I'm aiming for, I was already leaning towards Druid since it's the other class that I got some play time into the beta and I have fond memories of my bugged Shockwave Druid in D2R before Blizzard killed it.

Yeah usually I charge into packs and then slam pulverize until I'm out of spirit and then tap maul once or twice to get spirit and it's back on the pulverize button until everything dies. You want to pump overpower damage percents and build towards having overpower go off more. Once you do that, while its single target is a bit mediocre, it feels great to slam into a pack of 30-40 enemies and just one or two tap the entire pack with Pulverize.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

flashman posted:

There will probably be a bunch of uniques, legendaries, paragon boards and stuff added in season 2 to really shake things up, so sorc will be so crazy then.

Good thinking!

resistance will hopefully be fixed then too

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

flashman posted:

Good thinking!

plus an even crazier season mechanic

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's unreal the content they've added for Season 1, so I can't imagine how they could top this

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

flashman posted:

It's unreal the content they've added for Season 1, so I can't imagine how they could top this
i can brother

an even bigger round of nerfs where they buff bad builds and punish good builds

imagine the :qq: and hurt feelings from middle aged gamers

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

flashman posted:

you aren’t good at doing the bit, find another one or stop

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i can brother

an even bigger round of nerfs where they buff bad builds and punish good builds

imagine the :qq: and hurt feelings from middle aged gamers

The gamedev equivalent of grading on a curve

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Rock Puncher posted:

Game that i enjoy did nothing to these people but they poo poo on it regardless and it is really hurting me

my personality revolves around the products I enjoy so an attack on those products is an attack on me, and I cannot have that

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

Here's how you decide what class to play first for the season1:

Diablo 4 Class Wheel

1no terms or conditions apply, Mustached Demon, lld not liable for not having fun as sorcerer. spin again if you want I'm not the wheel police.

Yesss. YEEESSSS

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

Yesss. YEEESSSS

This except Druid, embrace being the chonkiest bear dude

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Hi E/N
I decided last weekend I would not play anymore in anticipation for season 1. Much to the dismay of my family and loved ones I have been suffering from psychological withdrawals for the past few days, mood swings, loss of purpose, feelings of emptiness and existential dread. I had a strong urge to tap into my summer vacay weed and get super baked in order to cope, but thankfully I managed to mind over matter all this and held it together successfully.

Today I have a social call 8.5h from now (the exact time S1 launches) which will last about 2hrs, giving everyone else time enough to login and play while I will be somewhere else away from my computer and screen. I estimate the queue times once I return to the PC will be insane and I am trying to prepare myself mentally for the possibility of not even being able to log into the game today and having to wait until tomorrow to play

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

Hi E/N
I decided last weekend I would not play anymore in anticipation for season 1. Much to the dismay of my family and loved ones I have been suffering from psychological withdrawals for the past few days, mood swings, loss of purpose, feelings of emptiness and existential dread. I had a strong urge to tap into my summer vacay weed and get super baked in order to cope, but thankfully I managed to mind over matter all this and held it together successfully.

Today I have a social call 8.5h from now (the exact time S1 launches) which will last about 2hrs, giving everyone else time enough to login and play while I will be somewhere else away from my computer and screen. I estimate the queue times once I return to the PC will be insane and I am trying to prepare myself mentally for the possibility of not even being able to log into the game today and having to wait until tomorrow to play

you should get high op

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I think they re-shadow adjusted helltide cinder drops? When I did Kyovoshad last night it was terrible. Tonight it was like normal.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm really excited to start a new character and play my favorite video game today.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Diabsters! HODL and savor those fudster tears. To the moon!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Name Change posted:

I think they re-shadow adjusted helltide cinder drops? When I did Kyovoshad last night it was terrible. Tonight it was like normal.

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1681797249385340929

harrygomm posted:

you aren’t good at doing the bit, find another one or stop

best part about this thread is finding out which of the self-hating blizzard fans will stick around the longest

let him cook

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jul 20, 2023

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Ehud posted:

I'm really excited to start a new character and play my favorite video game today.

Who would have thought we would get a good diablo game huh. I really could not believe it after the D3 trainwreck and the complete downfall of blizzard this would even be possible. Not in a million years did I think we would get another good diablo game but here it is. They even made it harder for season 1 to cull the trash player population

They even added a little pentagram to the title screen, its adorable. Could do without the lil sword in the middle but it is stilla pentagram

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

My unironically favorite thing about this bit arms race is we got the thread talking like an MLM seminar

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Can't even spin my character in the loading screen, this patch sucks. Unsubscribed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
From the rules thread of this very forum:

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

My Boner Spear Necro is gonna be female, thanks for asking.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

WalletBeef posted:

My Boner Spear Necro is gonna be female, thanks for asking.

gonna miss my calcium enriched waifu in season two :cry:

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Had to come in early today but that means I get out earlier to burn some demons :dukedog:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you don't play sorc at its worst then you don't deserve to play sorc when they make the class good.

sorc gang rise up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
sorc my dick

wizard supremacy