Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow reports that buffalos president quits bc he’s scared of Tua amazing breaking news

(Unconfirmed)

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/...577826f5c3.html

They’ve never suddenly fired a guy and come out the better for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't follow the Sabres at all but things definitely got better after firing Russ Brandon and Rex Ryan.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wouldn’t consider Rex’s departure sudden. Don’t remember how Brandon finally got exorcised but I feel like he had a grip on them for a while

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I knew Mims wasn't staying around, and yea maybe he does suck, but if the Lions could figure out how to get anything out of Goff I feel like we are going to regret this in the long run.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

syzpid posted:

I knew Mims wasn't staying around, and yea maybe he does suck, but if the Lions could figure out how to get anything out of Goff I feel like we are going to regret this in the long run.

He's not even in the AFC. If he's going to leave your team this is the best case scenario.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah I really don't care about getting even minimal draft pick compensation for a guy who had an uphill battle to make the team as WR6.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1682013010573836288

Also: :toot:
https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1682015859382927360

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

syzpid posted:

Ok? I hope he balls out with the Lions, he wasn't making the Jets' roster

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

syzpid posted:

How many times have you seen posts about our bad players going to the Patriots or whoever to dominate the league and how many times have you seen that actually happen? This isn't gonna be any different.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mekhi Becton Hype Train CHOOCHOO!1

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1682035382219857922

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mims must have slighted Aaron Rodgers, the shadow GM.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Hell yeah, we're to the part of the off-season where reporters tweet out "<Perennially injured disappointment> is in the best shape of his life!!!!!" and "The game's really slowing down for <career practice squad player>!!!"

It means football is getting closer.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Hell yeah, we're to the part of the off-season where reporters tweet out "<Perennially injured disappointment> is in the best shape of his life!!!!!" and "The game's really slowing down for <career practice squad player>!!!"

It means football is getting closer.
Not the offseason any more bro. You might have noticed that Mekhi Becton is not in a gym taking selfies but practicing to dominate at LT, his preferred position of course, whilst in the best shape of his life.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I generally hate BSOHL stuff, but Becton's transformation actually is pretty remarkable. Who knows if he'll be any good, though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

I generally hate BSOHL stuff, but Becton's transformation actually is pretty remarkable. Who knows if he'll be any good, though.

Lol people hating it until it’s their team / their teams player is nothing new

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

:thumbsup:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Amy Pole Her posted:

Everyone has a turn putting the clown makeup on

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Everyone has a turn putting the clown makeup on

It’s a rite of passage baby

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

he lost like 60 pounds! that's cool! you guys are doofuses

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

We all do it. It’s okay.

In 3 weeks I’ll unleash my expose why judo is going to save the dolphins season

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Tyquan Thorton is looking elite, that's why we didn't need Hop :smug:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nosre posted:

Tyquan Thorton is looking elite, that's why we didn't need Hop :smug:

Tyquan Thorton needs to find that 60lbs that Becton lost.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Your career is going well when your year 4 headline is :siren: HE'S NOT ON THE PUP :siren:

(gently caress the jets obv but I have nothing personal against Beckton, if he has gotten his life together good for him)

Also who is 66 and why is he cosplaying as Sam Darnold

syzpid posted:

I would be more concerned about dealing Moore looking bad although it seems like his relationship with the Jets was beyond repair. Also, he landed on the Browns, so risk of success is low

Nov 6, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

How many times have you seen posts about our bad players going to the Patriots or whoever to dominate the league and how many times have you seen that actually happen? This isn't gonna be any different.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Never forget the time the Pats released Zach "Studfeld" Sudfeld, their superstar tight end who was going to make up for losing Gronk to injury and Hernandez to being a serial killer, only for the Jets to scoop him up

(everyone forgot that, cause he sucked rear end, I only remember it because he got mega hyped for fantasy and it was real funny)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Also who is 66 and why is he cosplaying as Sam Darnold
That's our 2nd rounder and future center, Joe Tippmann. His hair is glorious.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

That's our 2nd rounder and future center, Joe Tippmann. His hair is glorious.

Oh yeah I remember his hair from the goon draft :allears: Forgot he ended up with the jets

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 20, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Docjowles posted:

Would Jets fans even be mad if he's "only" the 9th best QB in the league? I know mcmagic already feels like it was a terrible deal even if he wins MVP. But other people?

They're definitely on a playoff run last year if they have that instead of the 32nd QB or whatever Zach was

I don't think it was a terrible deal. They clearly had to get A A Ron. My issue was the way they negotiated the return with Green Bay. I think it's pretty clear they gave up way more than they had to but they were desperate to have him in the building and start selling season tickets and that did work....

As far as what would be successful? I think if they make the playoffs both years and have at least one home playoff game and don't completely get their rear end kicked in the playoffs it will be a success.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I don't think it was a terrible deal.

interesting

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This doesn't prove me wrong because I don't know who that is

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Imagine not immediately recognizing Danny "definitely an NFL player and not a character from an early 2000s stoner movie" Woodhead. smh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The other thing I wanted to say is that it would be INCREDIBLY dumb for the Jets to trade Becton. Even if he isn't the starter right away, there is like a 100% chance that someone will get hurt and he'll have to play during the season. They have Duane Brown who is 7000 years old! And if Becton actually plays well that is immediately a very valuable asset going into next season that they can tag and trade.... The opportunity cost of keeping him compared to the upside is basically nil.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The other thing I wanted to say is that it would be INCREDIBLY dumb for the Jets to trade Becton. Even if he isn't the starter right away, there is like a 100% chance that someone will get hurt and he'll have to play during the season. They have Duane Brown who is 7000 years old! And if Becton actually plays well that is immediately a very valuable asset going into next season that they can tag and trade.... The opportunity cost of keeping him compared to the upside is basically nil.
Agreed. No one is offering a premium pick for him and he has more value as insurance if he's able to stay healthy.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Docjowles posted:

Imagine not immediately recognizing Danny "definitely an NFL player and not a character from an early 2000s stoner movie" Woodhead. smh

Alright I'll concede that it happened once or twice in the past 15 years, but it's really unlikely and certainly isn't going to happen with Mims.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I will admit I was incredibly bored at work this morning and wanted to talk about the Jets but not about Aaron. Plus I didn't realize it was a conditional trade, hes probably getting cut anyway. He showed flashes and I did like him.

I believed in Becton last season and I believe this year. Love my beefy offensive linemen

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Agreed. No one is offering a premium pick for him and he has more value as insurance if he's able to stay healthy.

Didn't someone float a Becton for Jonah Williams trade at some point? Maybe it was Barnwell? Something like that would be slightly more palatable IMO but I'd still lean strongly against trading Becton.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Didn't someone float a Becton for Jonah Williams trade at some point? Maybe it was Barnwell? Something like that would be slightly more palatable IMO but I'd still lean strongly against trading Becton.

I would rather start Max Mitchell and Billy Turner this season than Jonah Williams. He sucks. He might even be cut.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Professor Funk posted:

he lost like 60 pounds! that's cool! you guys are doofuses

Best shape of his life really

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

sirtommygunn posted:

This doesn't prove me wrong because I don't know who that is

Thats the Jet's '08 UDFA phenom Danny Woodhead

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
How'd nobody post we're getting pat back
https://twitter.com/fashion_nfl/status/1682097889697472515?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Rodgers basically said he wants to play more than one year unless they win a Super Bowl this year, in which case he might retire. Cool with me (unless he sucks).

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1682375738245234689?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw