Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Yinlock posted:

poo poo is going to go bananas the second he corrodes

which is, in fairness, appropriate to both his current character and N Sinclair

lets hang out posted:

Ryo 4th Match goes from 1 to 3 slots

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

lets hang out posted:

Mersault Capote goes from 1 to 3 slots when corroded

...how is that animated, does he just headbutt 3 dudes at once?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

Poise Count, not Poise itself. He generates a ton of Count which(theroetically) actually lets him build up enough Poise to be significant. I dismissed it offhand but he might be able to make it work though it will take a good while and it's still pretty inconsistant.(e: Though with a Poise EGO Gift poo poo might start getting nutty)

Also if he crits too much and his count hits 1 he has to start over next turn, otoh that's kind of funny.

E: PM have addressed the Hard MD glitch, their solution is to uh not play Hard MD until they figure out what the hell is causing it

The glitch appears to be fixed now.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I dislike My Form Empties on mirror hard dungeon. Just throwing egos at everyone, and if you fail, the numbers are so high you probably insta die.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So from what I can gather Uptie IV for IDs has been a balancing patch with winners like RIshmael and me almost getting RHeath right lol, while EGOs are big upgrades to justify the cost.

I do worry about the future because it seems they might eventually balance stuff on getting Tier IV and at 50 shards per 000 id and at minimum 80 per EGO it might get unsustainable if they keep adding IDs fast. Even of you don't Uptie everything.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So from what I can gather Uptie IV for IDs has been a balancing patch with winners like RIshmael and me almost getting RHeath right lol, while EGOs are big upgrades to justify the cost.

I do worry about the future because it seems they might eventually balance stuff on getting Tier IV and at 50 shards per 000 id and at minimum 80 per EGO it might get unsustainable if they keep adding IDs fast. Even of you don't Uptie everything.
I'm hoping they add something you can buy from the next event to offset the cost somehow, like substitute shards.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Ah goddamnit they nerfed the Mirror Dungeon PM YOU COWARDS

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Theantero posted:

Ah goddamnit they nerfed the Mirror Dungeon PM YOU COWARDS

From what I gathered it's not a nerf but an adjustment due to the new offense and defense values.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Yeah, the net effect is still +1 clash power. It's just adjusted to the new +3 breakpoints.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I got 22 entire battlepass levels and 750 lunacy by using up my weekly bonuses even though I gave up on the final boss. :eyepop:

It really doesn't feel necessary to nerf the Mirror Dungeon if they'll just give you so much stuff even when it's too hard for you.

edit: Oh, well, glad it wasn't nerfed then, lol, maybe my original team was better before I went full NCorp.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

From what I gathered it's not a nerf but an adjustment due to the new offense and defense values.

Tricky posted:

Yeah, the net effect is still +1 clash power. It's just adjusted to the new +3 breakpoints.

Oh whoops, my bad :v:

'PM YOU COWARDS' rescinded

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I've burned all my thread on questionable decisions. Net gains:
-Grippyfaust to u4
-Rep Emitter and Fluid Sac to t4
-Liu Ish to u4
-Liu Meur to u4
-Liu Hong Lu to u4
-Liu Greg to u4

also I got Cinq Don and put her to u3

Conclusion: I have a favorite team and it's burning poo poo... but I'mma probably hoard til RR2 now.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Man I love the new don ID.

Don finally gets to live her best life, an arbitrary asskicker for justice patrolling the streets like a superhero.

I don't know if it's good or not, but Don's happy as can be and that's what matters.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

lol the Chinese fanbase is at it again with the review bombs

Nothing new under the Sun I suppose :v:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

I've burned all my thread on questionable decisions. Net gains:
-Grippyfaust to u4
-Rep Emitter and Fluid Sac to t4
-Liu Ish to u4
-Liu Meur to u4
-Liu Hong Lu to u4
-Liu Greg to u4

also I got Cinq Don and put her to u3

Conclusion: I have a favorite team and it's burning poo poo... but I'mma probably hoard til RR2 now.

As a huge Liu fan I salute you, and I am sorely tempted to do something similar. I might hit some more EGO though, Stewclair is already one of my favorites... It's a toughy.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Theantero posted:

lol the Chinese fanbase is at it again with the review bombs

Why?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Presumably because they are mad they can't just instantly have all content at max level on release whilst staying f2p without having to grind in a gacha game.

Which is super funny even to me as somebody who does not play any other games in the genre because lmao

Anyways, the review page is essentially spammed with the same diatribe badly machine translated into Korean so you can just check that out for more info.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

1. The newly introduced four-level synchronization mechanism consumes too much of a player's resources, resulting in a forced increase in game time and subsequently diminishing player interest, causing many to leave the game.

And there we have it.

To be fair, I have no f—ing clue how I'm going to get the hundreds of thread needed to do Uptie/Threadspin IV either, but I'm sticking with the game either way.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So when do we get the 7th N Corp Member you think, since they now have buffs for being a full N Corp Team but there's only 6 of them.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Lord_Magmar posted:

So when do we get the 7th N Corp Member you think, since they now have buffs for being a full N Corp Team but there's only 6 of them.

The buffs only need 5 people, so you have two flex slots.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

got MFE for the 4th time in a row, but I also picked up the lighter early so I had enough resources to show him the dirt for once

225 BP is uh quite a haul

Theantero posted:

Presumably because they are mad they can't just instantly have all content at max level on release whilst staying f2p without having to grind in a gacha game.

Which is super funny even to me as somebody who does not play any other games in the genre because lmao

Anyways, the review page is essentially spammed with the same diatribe badly machine translated into Korean so you can just check that out for more info.

or it is actually way too expensive

the review bombing is weird though

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Yinlock posted:

or it is actually way too expensive

Anything you have to actually work towards and can't immediately get is 'way too expensive' to these people. It's a fundamentally stupid complaint.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rolled for happy Don, in 25 rolls got spooked twice, once by R Ishmael copy and once by Pursuance. I mean, I absolutely cannot complain, but Don doesn't like me. :(

I'm probably going to shard her anyways.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Theantero posted:

Anything you have to actually work towards and can't immediately get is 'way too expensive' to these people. It's a fundamentally stupid complaint.

big issue is if stuff is eventually balanced around Tier IV tho, since shop previews are now Tier IV for example. It means you need anywhere from 50 to 100 more shards per thing. We should also get harder but better luxcavations too.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

big issue is if stuff is eventually balanced around Tier IV tho, since shop previews are now Tier IV for example. It means you need anywhere from 50 to 100 more shards per thing. We should also get harder but better luxcavations too.

I do agree that better luxcavations would be nice. It's a bit silly that the Designated Thread Grind Thing is less efficient for actually getting thread than the MD.

Regardless, I think that having a highly expensive capstone thingy at the end of identities so that you can splurge on your favorites above the 'expected' Uptie III is good. If the game becomes unbeatable or overbearingly difficult at Uptie III, or we see runaway Uptie inflation, I'll revise my take.

Honestly, if I uptie IV anyone right away it's probably R Ish so that I have to babysit her less :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Theantero posted:

Honestly, if I uptie IV anyone right away it's probably R Ish so that I have to babysit her less :v:

RIsh is also legitimately one of the best Tier IV upgrades too. S1 is much stronger and gives her unconditional 6 charge, S2 is now 18 and gives 7 charge and S3 only costs 8 charge. So for MD or with charge support she can pretty much use Mind Whip every times it comes up instead of needing 3 turns minimum of charging. And Mind Whip is Blunt Rip Space pretty much.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I don’t even have normal rish…

Anyways trip report; you can in fact ruin MFE’s day by just setting it on loving fire and outlasting its bullshit.

Also I T4’d legerdemain afterwards, I need a source of Liu gluttony….

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I definitely think the new tier IV are a bit expensive, not impossibly so, and if you have a team you like you don't really mind since none of them upgrade the support passive so far. I just ended up having two different teams I liked (Charge, N Corp) so I sort of split between them. Did manage to uptie the entire N Corp Lineup minus Sinclair (who I don't have anyway) and the 2 most important charge identities (Don, Ishmael) for how I play.

I also wanna get Cinq Don to 3, which I think is the real problem with the thread costs.

There's still story/reasons to go to 3, so you're losing thread much faster than you gain it even outside the IV upties.

I also don't think the EGO upties are worth it yet. The ones that turn them into AoE are good, but very little content requires you to have that many aoe EGO, you can usually just use the ones that start aoe, and not a whole lot of them get that much stronger coin counts, which is the thing I feel EGO is actually mainly used for.

Edit: I do still think that the sin resonance on defensive skills should be default rather than Uptie IV specific (for Guard/Evade).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 20, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
So far my T4 hitlist has been:
The Liu Association (all 4, they are my children)
Cinq Director Don Quixote
Ishmael's Capote
Ardor Blossom Star
Lantern (making it an AoE basically gives every Gregor ID the survivability of G Corp Gregor)
Sinclair's Lifetime Stew (7 target weight lmao)

With the intention of my default dungeon team being full Liu + Nclair Cinq Don and Spicy Yi Boi.

And man oh man never has the "REGION LOCK CHINA" mantra ever been more pertinent.
I can get thinking that the costs are a bit high, they are on the high side. But over a given player's time with the game, unless they introduce a new Uptie every single Chapter from now on with equally-rough pricing, it should work out pretty well.
Regardless, I reserve my thoughts on the necessity of Uptie 4 for when we see the next Railroad or other hard content. Ideally the UT4 bonuses are just an edge and not a core consideration, and this whole rage-pit reaction blows over.
Also ideally we get the base IDs and EGO uptied to 4 automatically, I think that's the least the game's F2P crowd deserves. Let them keep their absolute baseline units maintained without having to drop cost.

EDIT to say *HOLY gently caress RIME SHANK T4*

and speaking of Shank did anybody notice Tingtang Hong Lu t4 changes the name of Shank to Jag? Intentional or translation error, who knows? :lobcorp:

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 20, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

think corroded rime shank was def one of the winners here.

[Atk Weight 3]
[On Hit]:[Inflict 10 Sinking]
[On Hit]:[Inflict 8 Sinking Count]

Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark. :allears:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

drat I keep hitting the reject gift button on accident.

I demand 300 Lunacy

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Arcanuse posted:

think corroded rime shank was def one of the winners here.

[Atk Weight 3]
[On Hit]:[Inflict 10 Sinking]
[On Hit]:[Inflict 8 Sinking Count]

Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark. :allears:

I was mid-editing to mention this, WOW what a monster. Absolutely going to be core to any build trying to take advantage of Spicebush's new bonus power on the second coin.

Meanwhile at least Cinq Don is bugged, at least on Uptie 4, and can never play her Post-Uptie Chatter #1 or #2 in the bus menu. I'll test further but this might extend to every ID, or might be unique to her.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 20, 2023

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I really need an uptie priority list.

Also my luck in this game is polarizing. If it isn't an ego or a Meurseult ID I get it within 20 pulls.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Before you go too crazy converting thread remember the event is next week (unless it's delayed) and if it's anything like the last it'll come with a ton of thread rewards

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

DrManiac posted:

I really need an uptie priority list.

Also my luck in this game is polarizing. If it isn't an ego or a Meurseult ID I get it within 20 pulls.

Here's a rough attempt at making a list of the "holy poo poo get this" ones, at least. (With the caveat that I haven't seen the Uptie 4 benefits for a few characters like our good friend Tree Sang.)

-W Corp Don gets so much more charge from her level one and much more payoff for having high charge
-Grip Faust was already great, and now her last two skills and Whistles are even better
-R Corp Heathcliff gets enough ammo for another round of good combat. You'll know if you use him in enough long fights for that to be good as soon as you hear that.
-R Corp Ishmael is much better at getting charge and no longer loses all her charge as soon as she Mind Whips, and possibly some nice number buffs on top of that? (I don't have her myself, I just saw it when my friend was going over the new upties last night.)
-W Corp Meursault's glow-up is what they introduced this mechanic with, and N Corp Meursault actually sounds like a really solid tank now
-If you like any of the Poise-based 3*s and you wish you could justify using them, uptie 4 gives them enough poise generation to actually be worth the effort. It's probably not enough to make Poise good overall, but it should be enough to make them usable.
-Similarly, W Corp Faust generates enough charge to actually function now

And a few honorable mentions
-If you like the ID factions focused on status effects, they're better at synergizing around it. N Corp upties let them apply enough Nails to actually get those synergies going, Rosespanner get coin power if you apply enough Tremor, Liu is more reliable at applying burn so you get their burn synergy bonuses instead of just winning because they're good at dealing damage anyway, etc.
-A lot of people's kits get status effects spread across them so they actually look coherent. LobCo Faust has enough Poise to look like a Poise ID and not just someone with three completely random skills, Seven Outis and Yi Sang have Rupture spread across their entire kit instead of only having one skill with Rupture in the gen-pool Rupture faction, etc.

Most of the uptie 4s don't seem like must-haves (either because they don't add much or they make a character you probably aren't using anyway more usable), so after a point it's basically just picking your favorites and giving them some love.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Hey, can anyone explain what "attack weight" is to me?

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

KobunFan posted:

Hey, can anyone explain what "attack weight" is to me?
Remember how AoE works? It's that but with a consistent terminology that includes single target attacks. An Attack Weight of 1 means it's single target, Attack Weight of 3 means 3 slots, AW 5 means 5 slots, with the same "sometimes a slot takes up 2 targets for some reason" as before.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Lurks With Wolves posted:

-R Corp Ishmael is much better at getting charge and no longer loses all her charge as soon as she Mind Whips, and possibly some nice number buffs on top of that? (I don't have her myself, I just saw it when my friend was going over the new upties last night.)

She generates more Charge, now only requires 8 instead of 10 for Whip and doesn't eat all of your Charge when she uses it, and her Passive which used to give her a modest Power buff at 3x Gloom resonance but cost her 15 SP (!!!) changes so that it only costs her SP if she doesn't deal any damage that turn.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Theantero posted:

She generates more Charge, now only requires 8 instead of 10 for Whip and doesn't eat all of your Charge when she uses it, and her Passive which used to give her a modest Power buff at 3x Gloom resonance but cost her 15 SP (!!!) changes so that it only costs her SP if she doesn't deal any damage that turn.

Thanks. Remembered my friend yelling about how much better R Corp Ishmael is, forgot the exact things they improved other than the charge numbers working now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I didn't even end up doing any Upties, I just did ~700 Thread worth of Threadspinning. I still have that many more to upgrade to AOE before I do any IDs. Except maybe R Ishmael, I have a soft spot for her.