Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Edge & Christian posted:

Riho should have been the fifth person for the Elite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It's a bad list, in addition to what others have said Starkz hasn't officially been confirmed under contract yet, has she? Add Rayne to the list of "hired primarily for backstage work/coaching but also did some ring work"

I'm pretty sure considering Pillman Jr is out, Griff's contract is expiring if it hasn't already.
Alternatively he'll make his triumphant return when Hook accidentally beats the poo poo out of him thinking he caught Jungle Boy.
TK isn't really stringing many along, especially since he's paying these folks and not refusing to let them do indies. Hell, Fuego was injured at an indie, but Tony still paid out the rest of his contract.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

the reason you know the list is particularly bullshit is that Billie Starkz worked the Forbidden Door preshow against Athena

e: f, b

bartok
May 10, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

It's a bad list, in addition to what others have said Starkz hasn't officially been confirmed under contract yet, has she? Add Rayne to the list of "hired primarily for backstage work/coaching but also did some ring work"

I'm pretty sure considering Pillman Jr is out, Griff's contract is expiring if it hasn't already.
Alternatively he'll make his triumphant return when Hook accidentally beats the poo poo out of him thinking he caught Jungle Boy.
TK isn't really stringing many along, especially since he's paying these folks and not refusing to let them do indies. Hell, Fuego was injured at an indie, but Tony still paid out the rest of his contract.

Griff popped up on ROH a few weeks ago.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
The list included Pac who was on TV last night.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nativity In Black posted:

The list included Pac who was on TV last night.

And he was injured before then. I'm pretty sure between RoH, House shows, injuries, people not brought on primarily wrestle, or taking personal time, you'd trim half the list if not more.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tay is pregnant.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bartok posted:

Griff popped up on ROH a few weeks ago.

ROH isn't on TV. Yes, if you include ROH & House shows then results would be different but it's not like the guy who wrote the list isn't explicit that it's about people who haven't been on TV or AEW PPVs. And no, a pre-show isn't the same as a PPV.

Including a bunch of injured people seems self defeating but I suppose the OP couldn't be arsed looking up the injury list.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
roh isn't on tv but when your point is that these are people that Tony Khan isn't doing anything with and he in fact is doing something with them, it undercuts it

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Edge & Christian posted:

It boils down to Abadon, Anthony Ogogo, Billie Starkz, Brandon Cutler, Brock Anderson, Cole Karter, Colt Cabana, Griff Garrison, Lee Johnson, Leila Grey, Michael Nakazawa, Ortiz, Paige VanZant, Parker Boudreaux, Paul Wight, Rebel, Peter Avalon, Rebel, Red Velvet, Riho, Satnam Singh, and Zack Clayton.

Cutler, Cabana, Nakazawa, and Wight also have non-wrestling roles in the company that supercede their wrestling roles.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

El Generico posted:

Cutler, Cabana, Nakazawa, and Wight also have non-wrestling roles in the company that supercede their wrestling roles.

Yup. Stuck sending emails all day when they could be the one throwing mox off of the cage next week. You hate to see it.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Coolness Averted posted:

Madison also got injured about 2 months ago during an RoH match.

I can understand being mad at Tony's hiring proclivities (and his lack of women's matches on everything but RoH (which has been consistent but with less gravitas as of late)), but you still can see almost everybody wrestling SOMEWHERE (except Riho, what the hell tone)

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

El Generico posted:

Without nakazawa we would never have been blessed with the jebailly CEO Street fight, the greatest match in the history of AEW.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

Without nakazawa we would never have been blessed with the jebailly CEO Street fight, the greatest match in the history of AEW.

It was glorious.

Terrible.

But glorious

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You have all spent way too much time on this obviously bad faith tweet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Post something else and we'll spend way too much time on that instead.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Post something else and we'll spend way too much time on that instead.

this is, of course, the whole point of this thread

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

You have all spent not nearly enough time on this obviously bad faith tweet

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's a worked list :yum:

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Many people overlook that decades before the invention of television, Strangler Lewis and Billy Sandow were captivating audiences with their in-ring talk show parodies. And that movie of a train headed towards the audience in the theater was a hype package for Farmer Burns's ill-fated "Freight Train Burns" repackaging.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

George Hackenschmidt's original concept for Ding Dong Hello was must- go-down-to-the-carnival-on-your-penny-farthing-and-watch-it-in-person

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A week before the carnival came to town you could go to the nickelodeon, that's what we called movie theaters back then because they only cost a nickle which used to have a ladies head on it, anyways you could go to the nickelodeon and in between cartoons of Donald duck beating up Krauts you could learn about the travelling strongman and how he had been in a terrible fire as a child where he perished and returned from the dead, now wearing a mask to cover his horrible disfigurement. Well after watching a few of those you know we were all ready to fight this horrible demonic man and defeat him in a contest of strength.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

one time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. 'Gimme five bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones,

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The problem is they think 'going back to the territories' is like ECW Hardcore TV.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

[watches one ric flair mid atlantic promo on youtube]

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Edge & Christian posted:

Many people overlook that decades before the invention of television, Strangler Lewis and Billy Sandow were captivating audiences with their in-ring talk show parodies. And that movie of a train headed towards the audience in the theater was a hype package for Farmer Burns's ill-fated "Freight Train Burns" repackaging.

I somehow stumbled upon a poster for a tiny event in Jersey just outside of NYC and one of their main selling points for the show was the premier of Maven's (from Tough Enough) Talk Show. I was tempted to go just to see how much of a disaster it was.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
in my heart Abadon wrestles rarely for the same reason Brock Lesnar is alleged to (being a spectacle/fear that they will eat the promoter)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lunatic Sledge posted:

in my heart Abadon wrestles rarely for the same reason Brock Lesnar is alleged to (being a spectacle/fear that they will eat the promoter)

The injuries are all a work, it just takes that long to find someone crazy enough to step into a ring with them

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Coolness Averted posted:

The injuries are all a work, it just takes that long to find someone crazy enough to step into a ring with them

it's true

the shoot is that Abadon simply cannot be injured IRL

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
not in any way that matters

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tell me you don't watch AEW without telling you don't watch AEW.jpg

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

drat they should've done a several minutes long video package before the match and leading up to the show to explain the story.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

drat they should've done a several minutes long video package before the match and leading up to the show to explain the story.

Too long to watch while posting poo poo on social media and browsing for Trump hats.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guillermus posted:

Tell me you don't watch AEW without telling you don't watch AEW.jpg

I don't even watch AEW & have a better understanding of why these 2 teams had a big bloody blowoff than this person.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Tbf they only implied that the BCC are heel because the two ostensible leaders of the faction are throwing tantrums that they lost to the Hanger.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

They would agree without a hint of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

forkboy84 posted:

I don't even watch AEW & have a better understanding of why these 2 teams had a big bloody blowoff than this person.

Yeah it's ridiculously evident how many of the anti-AEW talking points are just repeating what they've heard other people say, because of how often they're based on stuff that's months out of date.
Like "Chris Jericho never loses and demands every story be about how great he is" after his Ocho run was over while the Action Andretti and Ricky Starks storylines were going on.
"There's no story justification, it's just Tony putting together dream matches!" Meanwhile last week a heel manager interrupted a match to talk about why Blood & Guts was happening this year.