Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

GateOfD posted:

finished the boss fight
Wasn't really sure what the Ravagers were, thought they were just a bunch of weird space pirates/terrorist group, didn't know they were led by a bunch of demigod avatars of various outer gods

sucks that the echo of war for this one still has the musketeer/break set as drops. wish this one would shift to the two new sets

The Lord Ravagers are the leaders of the Antimatter Legion and Emanators of Nanook the Destruction. They have the ultimate goal of destroying the universe for their god. Emanators in general are like, the chosen ones of the various Aeons. Herta and her friends in the Genius Society (Screwllum, Ruan Mei, etc) are also Emanators, of Nous the Erudition.

Edit: Interstellar travel is only possible with the help of the Aeons, so every single spacefaring civilization or group is devoted to some god or other. Even the Astral Express are considered followers of Akivili the Trailblazer. It's a mystery who the Stellaron Hunters worship though.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

hook is sleeper agent of destruction

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I wasn't interested in Blade, but I figured I'm just gonna play out this patch and probably quit the game altogether so I might as well spend the few tickets I had on him. I got him with a single ticket.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Only played up to the part where they went to unseal the tree roots in a delve.

So pardon me if it get explained later on but why did a bunch of Hunt followers decided to just seal it up instead of trying to just get rid of it? Why would they let some Permanente decide to seal it because I know if I was a Hunt follower who wants to get rid of Abundance, I would be very suspicious of any aeons that's awfully similar to them.

It was in a delve which as I understand is a subpocket of space within the super starship... why didn't they just simply turn off the delve instead of sealing it up and leaving the delve alone? Seems like it would be much easier to just collapse the space pocket instead.

The Luofu is just one of the many super starship of the xianzhou. Why didn't any of the other ship decided to turn on the Luofu when they had that Abundance war when the emanator revived the tree back then? I thought having a single-minded restlessness pursuitofyour target was what the Hunt all about.

I get why they included the Antimatter legions, it's been Lear that they would be the main bad guys throughout the story in the long term, but it just feel like we wouldn't get an satisfying conclusion to the Hunt/Abundance story

Also is it just me or does Xu and Jing dialog seemed like they were trying a bit too hard to make them formal and verbose?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Yoooooooooo

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Edit: Interstellar travel is only possible with the help of the Aeons, so every single spacefaring civilization or group is devoted to some god or other. Even the Astral Express are considered followers of Akivili the Trailblazer. It's a mystery who the Stellaron Hunters worship though.
When in doubt: The Elation. I'll bet Aha is having a right old laugh over all of this. Can you believe Elio seriously thinks he can really see the future? What a riot!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
There was a bit where it was explained that the roots were part of the luofu itself and if they were destroyed, the ship would disintegrate

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Leraika posted:

There was a bit where it was explained that the roots were part of the luofu itself and if they were destroyed, the ship would disintegrate

Okay, but... why would that be a bad thing from a Hunt perspective?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

for Fu Xuan yea, she's overly formal and verbose, March remarks about it the first time they meet.

like the part where March tries to make her talk more cute, comes across better in the jpn line delivery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1eF8Jt3i6I

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
because that would mean the death of everyone on the ship and that's a problem for the followers of the hunt, who are those people, and the Arbiter doesn't give a poo poo unless there's a bunch of abominations to mow down?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Leraika posted:

because that would mean the death of everyone on the ship and that's a problem for the followers of the hunt, who are those people, and the Arbiter doesn't give a poo poo unless there's a bunch of abominations to mow down?

that's if you live on the Luofu. Why doesn't anyone on any of the other 5 ships have a problem with the tree that's seem to be revived twice now? (And with every revive, there's loads of abominations that always get spawned).

If the xianzhou cannot make any long term plans for the future since it isn't part of their culture, I could see why they would overlook this but I don't get that vibe from them at all.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

sealing is a lot easier than destroying an entire rear end world god tree whose roots are like the size of texas

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

That's just quitter talk.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

NeonPunk posted:

Okay, but... why would that be a bad thing from a Hunt perspective?

The yukong questline mentions a bit of not too distant history
They previously had a gigantic battle with the abundance where they lost 90% of a 1 million person air force and only won because the Hunt aeon intervened. Completely losing one of their big ships is probably too much of a loss of their military power.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
My problem with the story is more that anything remotely interesting about the Luofu conflict gets thrown away for the sake of a generic scheming evil overlord that also somehow manages to make the destruction forces seem less interesting.
Tingyun being abundance-curious was interesting and I was kinda happy with her betraying the party (for all of the 10 seconds when that plot point was real). It made the conflict more personal and now it involved someone the players care about to some degree and that raises the stakes. But nevermind that. They immediately throw that away in addition to the side quest alchemy lady that set up this entire conflict to introduce some random big evil overlord lady that can do everything she wants and her power is maximum.

The length of the story is fine. StarRails greatest virtue is being a very non-commital mobile game. But throwing away halfway decent or good plot points for the sake of dumb developments that make everything less interesting is a bit of a shame.

Apparently they also spoiled all of this ahead of time? I don't really watch the trailers and previews.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
ngl I don't care about the story at all I just love putting together rpg teams

Xianzhou stuff seemed cool enough from the stuff I actually paid attention to, though not to the highs of Belobog sure.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

NeonPunk posted:

Also is it just me or does Xu and Jing dialog seemed like they were trying a bit too hard to make them formal and verbose?

They talk like they stepped out of a Chinese fantasy novel/drama, if that helps. The Chinese dub doesn't sound try-hard at all because it's literally the genre.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I still think it's weird how hard the Trailblazer was benched in this patch. It just felt way more tilted in the direction of being a commercial for the 1.3 banner than it did for continuing the story it had previously been telling. Even just having some kind of indication that the Trailblazer and Dan Shu knew each other instead of turning her into a generic miniboss would have been nice.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Re: mahjong talk, genshin impact got the "Genius Invocation TCG" minigame a bit over 2 years into its run, so it wouldn't be odd to see something similar get added to SR, whether that be a mahjong-like game or something else. I just hope it's not another TCG, genshin's has some annoying issues.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zwiebel posted:

Apparently they also spoiled all of this ahead of time? I don't really watch the trailers and previews.

I don't think they intentionally spoiled that part, they just have big problems with leakers who reveal every little thing from upcoming patches months in advance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they did just tweet out dan heng's super mode with no buildup, which was weird

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like at some point in Genshin's life cycle they just started doing character reveals several patches early just to get ahead of the leakers. Which is a little weird, but makes a kind of sense I guess.

Like, outside the leaker problem, there is absolutely no reason for them to be advertising characters more than one patch ahead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean lots of other gacha games do that

and they still never get ahead of the leakers with that stuff

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

It's very easy to get ahead of leakers. Azur Lane's "leaks" occur when the Chinese server is patched with the latest content, which is to say when the event is being patched onto the live servers. The only way it's a "leak" is that the CN servers are about a half-day ahead of the global ones, which means we usually get the latest character info about an hour before our servers go offline for the patch.

Star Rail's "problem" is that they run semi-public beta test servers with months/years of unreleased content in the data files.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the Aeon of Leaks and Spoilers is a force to be reckoned with

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

to be fair Terminus already spoiled the ending

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So I lost my blade 50/50, caved and bought some gems and uh

Guess that breaks even

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Stop spending money, you dorks

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

So I lost my blade 50/50, caved and bought some gems and uh

Guess that breaks even

one day this will be me.
and it be 2x bailu dupes..

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how does blades E1 work, is it only if there's one target on the field?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/StarRailVerse/status/1681975784884387842

Lynx is a shill for Big Pharma confirmed.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I like her ice pick weapon model, tools repurposed as weapons are great.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Stop spending money, you dorks

You should spend a little money, if you feel like a game has developed good value for the time you put into it and you have a little money. Like get a battle pass if you filled it out or the 5 buck a month thing once or twice.

Don't whale, never whale.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I can't parse that animation speed. It's too quick for 1x speed and it's too slow for 2x speed.

Are they going to add 1.5x speed to the game??

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm a tunafish

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Your honor, I love her.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Mulva posted:

You should spend a little money, if you feel like a game has developed good value for the time you put into it and you have a little money. Like get a battle pass if you filled it out or the 5 buck a month thing once or twice.

Don't whale, never whale.

Even though I've had fun with the game I still can't get over what terrible value for money gachas are compared to other games. I honestly think I'd stress out about using my resources if I knew I'd paid for some of them, like it would make the game less fun for me.

But people should spend money as they like as long as it's within their entertainment budget. Everyone finds value in different things.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

NeonPunk posted:

I can't parse that animation speed. It's too quick for 1x speed and it's too slow for 2x speed.

Are they going to add 1.5x speed to the game??

That's 1x. You're just not used to seeing the 2x version of her ult so it looks fine. 1x only looks slow as hell because 2x is the new normal for you. If you go back to playing at 1x for a week or two it will feel slow as gently caress but then it'll feel like normal again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

how does blades E1 work, is it only if there's one target on the field?
No, the main target just takes additional damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Genovera posted:

Even though I've had fun with the game I still can't get over what terrible value for money gachas are compared to other games. I honestly think I'd stress out about using my resources if I knew I'd paid for some of them, like it would make the game less fun for me.

Totally cool, it's not like it's some requirement. If you don't have the money, if you don't want to support gacha in general, if you don't think it's quite cleared the hurdle of fun for giving them some bucks? All entirely fair reasons to not slip a dollar their way.