Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Lurks With Wolves posted:

-W Corp Meursault's glow-up is what they introduced this mechanic with, and N Corp Meursault actually sounds like a really solid tank now

I'd recommend UT4ing R Corp Meursalt, personally. His charge generation is doubled across the board, plus S3 can hit 21 when you're charged. All of his 000s get a lot from UT4 though, so there's no real wrong way to go with him.

UT4 W Faust is legit in MD2 hard, definitely worth considering against L Corp depending on what you want out of her slot. L Corp is going to bring more personal damage, but it's easy to hit a key charged S2 or S3 with W Faust now and that is a ton of debuffing on top of good clash values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Hey guys, go read Don telepole t4 corrosion.

Anyways she got better somehow, setting up the entire charge team for only a handful of ego resources.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

Hey guys, go read Don telepole t4 corrosion.

Anyways she got better somehow, setting up the entire charge team for only a handful of ego resources.

There's some hilarity on Tier IV in identities being mostly a balancing act, with the worst IDs getting good upgrades and great IDs getting meh ones.

And then you look at EGOs and they made Legerdermain, Telepole, Sunshower, Fluid Sac even better than before. Gotta force people to spend shards!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Here's a rough attempt at making a list of the "holy poo poo get this" ones, at least. (With the caveat that I haven't seen the Uptie 4 benefits for a few characters like our good friend Tree Sang.)

-W Corp Don gets so much more charge from her level one and much more payoff for having high charge
-Grip Faust was already great, and now her last two skills and Whistles are even better
-R Corp Heathcliff gets enough ammo for another round of good combat. You'll know if you use him in enough long fights for that to be good as soon as you hear that.
-R Corp Ishmael is much better at getting charge and no longer loses all her charge as soon as she Mind Whips, and possibly some nice number buffs on top of that? (I don't have her myself, I just saw it when my friend was going over the new upties last night.)
-W Corp Meursault's glow-up is what they introduced this mechanic with, and N Corp Meursault actually sounds like a really solid tank now
-If you like any of the Poise-based 3*s and you wish you could justify using them, uptie 4 gives them enough poise generation to actually be worth the effort. It's probably not enough to make Poise good overall, but it should be enough to make them usable.
-Similarly, W Corp Faust generates enough charge to actually function now

And a few honorable mentions
-If you like the ID factions focused on status effects, they're better at synergizing around it. N Corp upties let them apply enough Nails to actually get those synergies going, Rosespanner get coin power if you apply enough Tremor, Liu is more reliable at applying burn so you get their burn synergy bonuses instead of just winning because they're good at dealing damage anyway, etc.
-A lot of people's kits get status effects spread across them so they actually look coherent. LobCo Faust has enough Poise to look like a Poise ID and not just someone with three completely random skills, Seven Outis and Yi Sang have Rupture spread across their entire kit instead of only having one skill with Rupture in the gen-pool Rupture faction, etc.

Most of the uptie 4s don't seem like must-haves (either because they don't add much or they make a character you probably aren't using anyway more usable), so after a point it's basically just picking your favorites and giving them some love.

I'd strike R Corp Heathcliff from that list. 3 ammo is nice, but it's such a loving minor update compared to everyone else on that list. You already have to spend a lot of resources on uptie 4, good god, don't blow it on a top tier ID that gets functionally one extra turn, even if it is a strong turn.

If you're running out of ammunition during regular fights, you are doing something very very wrong. Most story bosses don't last long enough to require that extra turn. You are uptying an ID solely for Railway/MD2 hard. Every other id on that list, you can see the immediate benefits right away, R Heathcliff, you'll only see it on the content with inflated HP, and that's always been R Heathcliff's weakest point. An extra turn won't change that.

You want to buff your R Heathcliff? Go for his EGO, his AEDD apparently goes from single target to three!

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 20, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I didn't have much Thread so I've only got Warp Don at 4.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DrManiac posted:

I really need an uptie priority list.

Also my luck in this game is polarizing. If it isn't an ego or a Meurseult ID I get it within 20 pulls.

please trade with me, I only get EGO and Meursault IDs

Marluxia posted:

I'd strike R Corp Heathcliff from that list. 3 ammo is nice, but it's such a loving minor update compared to everyone else on that list. You already have to spend a lot of resources on uptie 4, good god, don't blow it on a top tier ID that gets functionally one extra turn, even if it is a strong turn.

It's a really strong turn. I know just getting +3 ammo and a slightly better passive is real stupid for the cost but it is actually very good. Probably not a priority compared to like R Ish though.

IMO the one to strike is Grip Faust if you aren't using an N Corp team.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

please trade with me, I only get EGO and Meursault IDs

Relying on fortune instead of converting all Lunacy to enkephalin refills for more mirror dungeon runs. No one to blame but yourself.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I think at this point I'm going to hang tight until we get the event previews before doing any more upgrading. I figure the event itself will give a ton of materials, going by Hell's Chicken, so just being able to charge through with the event crew and stock back up should give a lot more potential UT4s once I figure out where I want to spend more.

Liu crew is, of course, a favorite... I'm kind of tempted to revisit some of the Bleed standbys before RR2, actually. KK Ryoshu gets a pretty universal 20% damage buff once things are rolling, there's a lot more nail generation across the board at UT4 (and Fanatic is stronger than ever, ofc), and R Meursalt is the godking of bleed count.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I was originally thinking of mostly waiting for the event but dang, the W Don and R Ishmael upties are tempting. Charge is also good in mirror specifically, there are a good few charge gifts and they're all solid.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Honestly R Ishmael seems like the best bang for your... shards. Massive upgrade and more self sufficient than Liu Ish.

The one no brainer is Fluid Sac though, literally refunds its Sanity cost on Head what the f-

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 20, 2023

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I think R Ishmael is the one UT4 I'd universally recommend -- her entire kit works so much better now, and she was already pretty solid if you were willing to micromanage. Tank IDs (Meursalt's 000s, K Hong Lu, etc) also have their aggro mechanics locked behind UT4, but I think that's a much safer set of decisions to wait on until we know what RR2 is looking like.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, R Ishmael is safe bet. If you have her and want to use her, uptying her to tier 4 is a no-brainer. It's a massive jump in power for her and actually worth the resources spent. She is the big winner of this update.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Like some dev must have felt bad about how they designed her cause like drat. Her S1 is literally the best S1 in the game in terms of clashing, at 14 max with no bonuses it's as strong as the average S2. And she fits very well Sin wise with Fluid Sac, with 3 gloom and 2 envy and a Gloom evade. And now she can store a shitton of Charge to be able to use Mind Whip in whatever battles take longer than average.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LostRook posted:

Relying on fortune instead of converting all Lunacy to enkephalin refills for more mirror dungeon runs. No one to blame but yourself.

My strategy is to spark good IDs immediately then pull them a week later and cry

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Like some dev must have felt bad about how they designed her cause like drat. Her S1 is literally the best S1 in the game in terms of clashing, at 14 max with no bonuses it's as strong as the average S2. And she fits very well Sin wise with Fluid Sac, with 3 gloom and 2 envy and a Gloom evade. And now she can store a shitton of Charge to be able to use Mind Whip in whatever battles take longer than average.

And clashing wasn't even her weakness, she was already pretty good at it and they just made it better

Charge-focused IDs in general seem to have gotten a lot of this

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

here's a community-made list of all the uptie 4 changes

Shi Heathcliff's weird +1 weight on his S3 at 50% HP might be the funniest one

e: no wait the funniest is Tailsman Sinclair's S3 becoming worse by giving 7 Talisman instead of 5, which means the effect ends next turn

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 20, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, with this, Rish isn't just usable, now she's pretty drat good. Now I can have Ms. Fluffy Hair in my charge party!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Yinlock posted:

here's a community-made list of all the uptie 4 changes

Shi Heathcliff's weird +1 weight on his S3 at 50% HP might be the funniest one

e: no wait the funniest is Tailsman Sinclair's S3 becoming worse by giving 7 Talisman instead of 5, which means the effect ends next turn

Talisman Sinclair is the anti-R Ishmael: after spending shitload resources on him he becomes.....significantly worse than he was at Uptie 3? I think someone forgot about the max Talisman count. :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I'm wondering if Kuro Ryoshu could actually fit on a charge team, her Uptie IV makes her dish out a shitload of Bleed Count and she gets fat damage boosts at high Count levels, between her and R Meur it actually becomes feasable to keep a good Bleed stack going. Only issue is her coins aren't great.

I'm still hit with decision paralysis on what to uptie/threadspin first. W Don is an easy one and probably Legerdemain once Gregor gets a better ID for me(G Gregor is still good but I find myself not using him much) but I dunno about anything else. Probably R Ish since I have her at 35 anyway due to Canto 4's robots driving me insane

Speaking of G Gregor, he's apparently currently bugged to poo poo and doesn't heal on IV(unless that got patched) so uh might wanna hold off on that if you were gonna go for it.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Talisman Sinclair is the anti-R Ishmael: after spending shitload resources on him he becomes.....significantly worse than he was at Uptie 3? I think someone forgot about the max Talisman count. :v:

Yeah he had a weird and finicky but decent strategic niche(e: tried to explain it but i'm bad at it) and while his IV doesn't necessary torpedo it it makes it harder to pull off. TBF he's still fine at 3 so uh just don't Uptie him.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 20, 2023

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013
...so it's entirely possible I missed something somewhere during the last massive update but is there a reason I did my weekly Hard Mirror Dungeon run and it seemed to have eaten all three of my weekly normal Mirror Dungeon bonuses?

Fair enough if that's the case (the reward for the Hard run was obscene) but just checking I didn't run into a glitch or something.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Garren_Windspear posted:

...so it's entirely possible I missed something somewhere during the last massive update but is there a reason I did my weekly Hard Mirror Dungeon run and it seemed to have eaten all three of my weekly normal Mirror Dungeon bonuses?

Fair enough if that's the case (the reward for the Hard run was obscene) but just checking I didn't run into a glitch or something.
That's working as intended, Hard eats up all your remaining weekly bonus for more bp.

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013

RandomReader posted:

That's working as intended, Hard eats up all your remaining weekly bonus for more bp.

Thanks for the information! Good to know I'm not just going crazy.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RandomReader posted:

Wait, so you should do Hard first before anything else? Or can you get the same by doing 2 normal and 1 hand? Wanted more starlight before the hard run this week.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Also FYI (I got hit by this, rip), after you consume your Hard Run bonus, you don't get any rewards for beating MD2 Hard anymore, so switch back to Normal and stay there.

They're gonna change it, but don't have an ETA on when:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1679750852624670721

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Wait, so you should do Hard first before anything else? Or can you get the same by doing 2 normal and 1 hand? Wanted more starlight before the hard run this week.

The only unique reward Hard gives is the weekly hard mode bonus. So you can do any number of normal and then a hard and it will be the same more or less.

It's just if you do 1 hard first you don't have to do 2 additional normals after for all the weekly rewards.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 21, 2023

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

The only unique reward Hard gives is the weekly hard mode bonus. So you can do any number of normal and then a hard and it will be the same more or less.
Last I knew using the bonus up on hard gave you more bp per weekly bonus than normal, but I haven't double checked that since the past few rebalancings.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Friendly reminder that Don Telepole's +10 charge is on hit, not on use. Meaning that if it hits two people you instantly max out charge.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

Friendly reminder that Don Telepole's +10 charge is on hit, not on use. Meaning that if it hits two people you instantly max out charge.

Ah, so now solo don can rip space twice per turn if the coins align.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Ah, so now solo don can rip space twice per turn if the coins align.
Three times. Rip > Telepole > Rip > Rip.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

Three times. Rip > Telepole > Rip > Rip.

Four really, S1 or S2 at high enough charge > Rip Rip > Telepole > Rip Rip.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

RandomReader posted:

Last I knew using the bonus up on hard gave you more bp per weekly bonus than normal, but I haven't double checked that since the past few rebalancings.
Double checked, and yeah normal gives you +15 bp exp per weekly bonus, while hard gives +25 per.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

holy poo poo that is ridiculous

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Boy, my new Charge team is certainly killing everything in its path, especially if they get a few Gifts that help with charge. 4th tier Rish, Rsault, and Rcliff combined with W-Don makes for a really heavy hitting team. All you need to add is Faust for the occasional SP fixings.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i would like to point out that friends just got a massive buff

remember to go through and make your active lendable(s?) one of your UT4s

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Most gacha games' summer event: here, our characters in sexy swimsuits.

Project Moon gacha game: here, our sexy man in a Shrimp suit

(4.5 longer trailer up is what I'm saying)

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1682315166401302528

I have so much to say and yet so few words. Just... Watch it.

Hong lu magical girl shimp kigu. my wife in a wetsuit. i am weeping.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

:yeshaha:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://vxtwitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1682318463816327170?t=1DI_hB8fwpExJjg_rVE_Ew&s=19

Featuring Magical Boatworker Hong Lu and Ishmael in the least sexy swimsuit known to man.

Ish's expression is amazing.

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND

IS THAT loving MOLAR OFFICE?!

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 21, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

the discard meta is back, and it's pissed

Also boy they really love Ishmael this season huh. Maybe next Canto won't be about her since they just gave her 3 IDs in a very short time-frame

e: also Ryoshu just got 2 EGOs but I guess she just gets all of them, otoh it's very funny.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 21, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

https://vxtwitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1682318463816327170?t=1DI_hB8fwpExJjg_rVE_Ew&s=19

Featuring Magical Boatworker Hong Lu and Ishmael in the least sexy swimsuit known to man.

Ish's expression is amazing.

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND

Looks more like the girl from san’s office

Anyways I can’t believe my “swimsuit Ishmael but it’s like a full diving suit” shitpost was dead on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

I beg to differ.

But in all seriousness I think my favorite part here (aside from Crab Driver:tm:) is that Hong Lu's mahou shoujou transformation sequence is like 90% of the attack animation and then he just bitchslaps them with about one million shrimps.