Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

yeah these and all the pepe avs, nothing weird there. normal

https://twitter.com/Dr_Barlos/status/1681528281206759424

https://twitter.com/DameHolle79/status/1681613852918665218

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as much as it's a strawman used by the right there actually are a handful of "sjws" out there intentionally looking to get offended at every single thing but they do it to try to go viral for the attention not because they think they're fighting oppression

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

qirex posted:

as much as it's a strawman used by the right there actually are a handful of "sjws" out there intentionally looking to get offended at every single thing but they do it to try to go viral for the attention not because they think they're fighting oppression

this is currently happening on bluesky and it's pretty funny. i guess thats where the LF/tumblr brigade ended up

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m even more confused now, since I don’t see Pepe avatars

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i'm still not getting it?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lol there aren't any in the other screenshots either, i genuinely don't get it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage posted:

no, it's completely fine to leave chicken in your fridge uncovered to dry out for crispy skin. it's fine to dry brine your chicken. it's actually not recommended to "wash" your chicken before cooking because that doesn't do anything but spread a bunch of germs around your kitchen and using salt is seasoning if you're not somebody that cooks once a year by using their cupboard of ground up spices from the 70s

none of those people know what they're talking about

washing meat can change the flavor a bit

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

I think the chlorine enhances the flavor actually

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i don't like where this is headed

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pages back but lmfao

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

this is currently happening on bluesky and it's pretty funny. i guess thats where the LF/tumblr brigade ended up

anyone remember keep it real? classic example of the genre

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

same

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

dioxazine posted:

the new floating concentration camp is impressive

https://twitter.com/upholdreality/status/1681658620386361344

"house migrants" words are certainly weapons

also lol "bibby stockholm" what is this

what was that thing previously used for? or is it purpose built?

e: oh it has a wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibby_Stockholm

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont click through to that its just a bunch of monsters saying why do they get a cruise and i hope it sinks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A healthcare startup is trying to lure me away from my current position. They asked me in an interview how I would go about figuring out how many eggs would fit in a Honda Accord. My answer was "why would you ask me to waste my time doing that at a healthcare company?"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A healthcare startup is trying to lure me away from my current position. They asked me in an interview how I would go about figuring out how many eggs would fit in a Honda Accord. My answer was "why would you ask me to waste my time doing that at a healthcare company?"

lmao they're only ten to twelve years late on the google brainteaser gimmick. Which, that's pretty cutting edge for healthcare

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

what was their reaction? the last time I had a question like that was for an entry level sales position for Schneider electric. “how would you estimate the depth of the deepest point in the ocean?” motherfucker I’d look it up

they then lectured me on giving creative improvisational answers, said the best answer they ever received was “well it’s probably as deep as Everest is tall” which made me want to ask why the gently caress this is relevant to electrical design but as a 23 yo weenie I just shrugged

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I said "time's money, I'd ask you why you're asking me to waste my time on a question like that and how it helps us to achieve our goals." Interviewer said I nailed it. Who knows.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

so some months back a professional chef did a whole spiel about "seasoning" and what constitutes as such. she's back with a chicken recipe and wouldn't you know it, she's become an icon for twitter white supremacists

https://twitter.com/royllovians/status/1681447458159616000

i havent seen any of the recipe but if shes just salting and peppering a chicken before roasting it, thats fine. to get a good skin on a roast chicken i usually do 450+, and 450 at an hour is just going to burn any spices you put on the skin.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Not a Children posted:

what was their reaction? the last time I had a question like that was for an entry level sales position for Schneider electric. “how would you estimate the depth of the deepest point in the ocean?” motherfucker I’d look it up

they then lectured me on giving creative improvisational answers, said the best answer they ever received was “well it’s probably as deep as Everest is tall” which made me want to ask why the gently caress this is relevant to electrical design but as a 23 yo weenie I just shrugged

The best answer was incredibly incorrect lol.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

also lol at someone saying "you put a chicken in the fridge uncovered"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would simply google it and leave it to the professionals in charge of that kind of thing

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Not a Children posted:

back in the heyday of this nonsense i recall someone being asked something about how they would move an actual mountain, and after talking about excavating, blasting, and convoys of trucks, the interviewer cut them off and said they were looking for a 'creative' answer along the lines of using a helicopter

"you would need a helicopter the size of texas. that's a really stupid answer"

i don't think they got the job

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao they're only ten to twelve years late on the google brainteaser gimmick. Which, that's pretty cutting edge for healthcare

further back than that. i remember people in the 00s talking about how they were asked this dumb poo poo while interviewing for a job working the register at a gas station

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the great myth of the modern workplace is that creativity and innovation are the most important things when being able to execute basic tasks with any degree of quality is the biggest challenge

"we know we have all these huge institutional problems but what if we make some brilliant new rockstar hire who figures out a solution for us?" is just magical thinking

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one question job interview: "can you correctly estimate the time it will take to accomplish the basic tasks of your job and will you not be a lovely person to the rest of the team?" is sadly impossible to ask with good results

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Not a Children posted:

Curious why this is a good answer. It’s off by about 10k feet so idk is that good?

I like brain teasers I’d rather talk about that than whatever other bullshit gets asked in interviews. Once I had to “design a toaster for a blind person” and everything I came up with was wrong. Idk if blind people need special toasters

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I guess because if plate tectonics can make mountains they can also make deep underwater valleys? So the tallest mountain should be as tall as the deepest trench

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

qirex posted:

the great myth of the modern workplace is that creativity and innovation are the most important things when being able to execute basic tasks with any degree of quality is the biggest challenge

"we know we have all these huge institutional problems but what if we make some brilliant new rockstar hire who figures out a solution for us?" is just magical thinking

Implying that a new hire's input is valued or desired.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I got lots of ideas to make our stuff better but I don’t control the priorities

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

post hole digger posted:

i havent seen any of the recipe but if shes just salting and peppering a chicken before roasting it, thats fine. to get a good skin on a roast chicken i usually do 450+, and 450 at an hour is just going to burn any spices you put on the skin.

it's a chimichurri recipe which is by definition an uncooked sauce for roasted or grilled meat. from the comments it sounds like she just put salt on the chicken before roasting it, which is 100% the correct thing to do because yes spices and herbs would get burned. i guess people are mad that she didn't ruin the chimichurri by burning it in the oven with the chicken

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

speaking of magical thinking, the uk is probably about to lose all secure messaging because the government has decided there's a way for only the good guys to read encrypted messages and no amount of evidence is going to convince them otherwise

quote:

The government is seeking to update the Investigatory Powers Act (IPA) 2016.

It wants messaging services to clear security features with the Home Office before releasing them to customers. The act lets the Home Office demand security features are disabled, without telling the public. Under the update, this would have to be immediate. Currently, there has to be a review, there can also be an independent oversight process and a technology company can appeal before taking any action. Because of the secrecy surrounding these demands, little is known about how many have been issued and whether they have been complied with. But many messaging services currently offer end-to-end encryption - so messages can be unscrambled by only the devices sending and receiving them.

WhatsApp and Signal are among the platforms to have opposed a clause in the Online Safety Bill allowing the communications regulator to require companies to install technology to scan for child-abuse material in encrypted messaging apps and other services. They will not comply with it, they say, with Signal threatening to "walk" from the UK. Apple has also opposed the plan. The government has opened an eight-week consultation on the proposed amendments to the IPA., which already enables the storage of internet browsing records for 12 months and authorises the bulk collection of personal data.
of course if this goes through the end result will be criminals [who have an incentive] have secure messaging and literally everyone else doesn't

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yep anyone that needs secured messaging will just use some foreign app (not like many popular ones are developed in the uk anyway). regular users lose out, as usual

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

uk officials just really really want to get their hands on csam

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

akadajet posted:

uk officials just really really want to get their hands on csam

given what I know about britain in the 70s and 80s you'd think they have plenty already

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i had someone pull that dumb brain teaser interview poo poo, asking me a what i would do if i was shrunk down to an inch tall and put inside a blender. the answer was some dumb poo poo to do with muscle fibers remaining just as powerful as they were when you are larger (not mentioned in the prompt) and concluding that you would be proportionally stronger and just be able to jump out of the blender. i remember hearing the solution and saying “ok i guess , sure” or something equally noncommittal.

it was a good way to warn me not to work there.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if i ever get one of those questions i would completely ignore it and instead give a detailed explanation of how i needed to replace the overflow nipple on my BMW's radiator, which was plastic and molded into the end tank, so i drilled out the broken part to just the right diameter, cut slits in a 1/4" NPT fitting to turn it into a tap, then after i threaded the hole i carefully maneuvered a nut and washer inside the radiator using a sticky-tack loaded coathanger and ran another fitting in with a healty dollop of JB Weld to make everything pressure tight.

Do you want somebody who can SoLvE ProBlEmS or do you want somebody who can solve problems

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/kyrstensinema/status/1682061654379446277

can this please kill this stupid meme

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

would have been better if the tweet was 'now at the sinema'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the whole tweet has 'nicest person you ever met/twisted loving psychopath' energy