Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

bewilderment posted:

Being knocked unconscious also knocks your weapons out of your hands :(
This is a clear bias against dual-wielders. I only ever need one free hand in life, sovereign glue my hand to my primary weapon please. There's mutagens that actually do it but they only last like ten minutes instead of, like, the one hour I need to be properly prepped for battle.

I thought there was a weapon strap or something, maybe in Treasure Vault? But I may be misremembering. If I was your GM I'd allow the mainhand weapon to be always attached with comical side effects like you could injure yourself while eating/sleeping.

Also thank god for the website store/forum redesign. I can only hope the absolute piece of poo poo Org Play section will get redone as well.

In other news I just got my first GM glyph :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

If I'm looking at kineticist right, Weapon Specialization doesn't interact with Elemental Blast anymore?
I know the playtest had it counting as Unarmed for all intents and purposes, but it looks like now it's straight up d20 + Con modifier + Proficiency bonus +/- Anything else? , with the extra Con damage if you use 2 actions to use it instead of 1?

Sounds like I'll be saving a ton of money on weapon runes, at least, if I'm not reading that wrong.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jarvisi posted:

Paizo is redoing their website to make it actually usable by a human! This is the best news ever and everyone should rejoice.

Go to their website while you can and marvel at how loving awful it is, and how you can't actually log in.

I was astounded coming back to the Paizo site after a decade away. The old site wasn't all that great as was, but boy, talk about going for form over function in the current redesign. Literally can't log in on any browser that isn't Edge lmao.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Jarvisi posted:

Paizo is redoing their website to make it actually usable by a human! This is the best news ever and everyone should rejoice.

Go to their website while you can and marvel at how loving awful it is, and how you can't actually log in.

Is there an announcement on this somewhere? I've always thought the worst part of pathfinder is navigating the paizo website.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

NuclearPotato posted:

I was astounded coming back to the Paizo site after a decade away. The old site wasn't all that great as was, but boy, talk about going for form over function in the current redesign. Literally can't log in on any browser that isn't Edge lmao.

I mean, it's bad, but I have never had this issue across firefox, safari, and chrome on multiple platforms/devices.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Is there an announcement on this somewhere? I've always thought the worst part of pathfinder is navigating the paizo website.

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sid6

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Chevy Slyme posted:

I mean, it's bad, but I have never had this issue across firefox, safari, and chrome on multiple platforms/devices.

Just to make it even more confusing, I do have this issue in Chrome on my desktop but not in Chrome on my laptop. They're both Win10 machines as well and kept updated. Just for some reason my desktop and Paizo's site laugh and tell each other to screw off.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I've had the "can't log in" bug on pretty much everything browser and device I've used at some point. Clearing the site cookies seems to fix it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VikingofRock posted:

I've had the "can't log in" bug on pretty much everything browser and device I've used at some point. Clearing the site cookies seems to fix it.

Same fix here.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

the_steve posted:

If I'm looking at kineticist right, Weapon Specialization doesn't interact with Elemental Blast anymore?
I know the playtest had it counting as Unarmed for all intents and purposes, but it looks like now it's straight up d20 + Con modifier + Proficiency bonus +/- Anything else? , with the extra Con damage if you use 2 actions to use it instead of 1?

Sounds like I'll be saving a ton of money on weapon runes, at least, if I'm not reading that wrong.

There is a Gate Attenuator which works kind of like a magic weapon but for Impulse Attack Rolls. Its a higher level than a similar magic weapon, it effects attack rolls but not save DCs, and only goes up to +2, the third version of it is still +2 but also acts as a Con Apex Item. Between the Gate Attenuator and their Proficiency scaling they end up behind martials by -2 for a few levels, -1 behind for a few levels, about equivalent most levels, then by 19th level when they get Legendary proficiency they are +1 ahead of all but Fighters.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Rythian posted:

Their current website is straight out of the early '90s. It's absolutely insane they've managed to scrape by as much success as they have with such a terrible website and store.

It's really not good and definitely more than a decade out of date but it's not out of the early 90s (30 years ago). For a fun reminder, here's a site from the mid 90s:

http://toastytech.com/evil/index.html

You can also go to the main index for another blast from the past.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's really not good and definitely more than a decade out of date but it's not out of the early 90s (30 years ago). For a fun reminder, here's a site from the mid 90s:

http://toastytech.com/evil/index.html

You can also go to the main index for another blast from the past.

My favorite was always the Space Jam website, which until the new movie came out was the same as it was in 1996. They at least preserved it, though: https://www.spacejam.com/1996/

Less fun is the Heaven's Gate website which is still up: https://www.heavensgate.com/

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Starting a new campaign soon and the characters are...

Goblin
Automaton
Leshy
Azarketi

and....
Greg the Human

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Goblin
Automaton
Leshy
Azarketi

and....
Greg the Human

Sounds like my abom vaults group, but swap the goblin and automaton for a sprite and a grippli... being joined by an elf. :v:

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The token normal guy in the group of complete weirdos is always good for a laugh. I appreciate Greg.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Goblin
Automaton
Leshy
Azarketi

and....
Greg the Human

We have a fun mirror image of this with a group that is

Human
Human
Human
Half Elf
Halfling
GOURD LESHY

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

disposablewords posted:

The token normal guy in the group of complete weirdos is always good for a laugh. I appreciate Greg.

Teen Girl Squad isn't going to be the same now that D&D Greg switched roleplaying systems.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
My current AV group is Sprite, Ratfolk (RIP), Fetchling, Half-Orc, Aasimar. When they roll into town, everyone's like "yep, that's an adventuring party".

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
My current AV group is:

Cavern Elf Rogue
Dwarf Fighter
Fungus Leshy Cleric
Goblin Thaumaturge
Human Swashbuckler

Poor human is the only one without Darkvision and constantly needs to turn of their light to help me sneak.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

My Kingmaker group is pretty great.

Kitsune Cleric.
Grippli Cleric.
Catfolk Monk.
Kobold Barbarian.
Skeleton Gunslinger.
Human Bard.
Gnome Wizard.

Bigger than usual party, but our GM is used to it.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
My current AV group:

Catfolk Wizard
Fetchling Fighter
Ratfolk Swashbuckler
Human Cleric
Automaton Inventor

There's also a Kingmaker group in the works, but i've only seen two character sheets for that so far.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Goblin
Automaton
Leshy
Azarketi

and....
Greg the Human

I feel like I should add classes, and note this is ALSO for AV.

Goblin Rogue
Automaton Witch
Leshy Druid
Azarketi Ranger

and....
Greg the Human Barbarian (Lumberjack background)

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Your groups are to creative

Human - Champion
Human - Rogue
Elf - Ranger
Half-elf - Wizard
Gnome - Oracle

I can't play anything more exotic than a half-orc and thats when I'm feeling really crazy. And the gnome was a late edition to the group so for a few months we were even more generic.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

My group is a sprite fighter (me), grippli sorcerer, leshy druid, and azarketi swashbuckler.

Elf player hasn't decided what they're doing yet, just emphatically "an elf, please". :v:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
My current group:

Human Tiefling Magus (If you're making the list, you get to put yourself first)
Human Mummy Oracle
Android Gunslinger
Shoony Ifrit Inventor

So, a bunch of weirdos with no Greg. Pity us.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The AV game I’m running has:

Human Fighter
Sprite Witch
Half-Orc Sorcerer
Human Barbarian

And a human rogue named Thomas, definitely the Greg equivalent.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For folks that use Foundry VTT for running PF2e, mind posting your mod list? Moving from 5e to PF2e and trying to figure out which of the 70 mods I have installed I can remove.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Disclaimers - this probably has a few things I don't need because it's a nearly 3 year old game of AoA, also I'm still on V10 because I haven't really found a reason to move to 11 yet, and there are several modules that work fine despite having compatibility warnings (GM screen being the most notable)

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

The Slack Lagoon posted:

For folks that use Foundry VTT for running PF2e, mind posting your mod list? Moving from 5e to PF2e and trying to figure out which of the 70 mods I have installed I can remove.

Here's what I got for my Abomination Vaults game

Foundry System-Agnostic Modules
Award XP (Very useful to make sure that everyone is on the same XP count)
Combat Carousel (It's a little bar on the top of the screen that shows the initiative order of the current encounter)
Dice So Nice!
Dice Tray
Drag Ruler
Health Estimate (Lets players see if a creature is uninjured/injured/badly injured/near death on mouseover)
Forien's Quest Log (Gives players a journal that keeps track of their current quests and objectives, as well as rewards for said quests)
Pings
Popout! (Great QoL for letting users pop out windows of their browser. Has some interference with the PF2E module where toggles on the character sheet don't activate)
Smalltime
Stairways (Teleporter) - I go back and forth on if I really need this one. It's great for making the maps feel connected but in practice it's more cumbersome than me just moving players to the respective location on the map.

System Specific Modules/Modules compatible with PF2E
PF2E automated animations (requires JB2A patreon pack which you can get for like, $3. Adds a lot of life to the game when someone gets a crit)
Item Piles - Has some interference with the default PF2E treasure interface, but lets players trade with each other and lets me create shopkeeper interfaces that the players can interact with.
Polyglot - Lets you set scripts/fronts for different languages and type in a language.
PF2E Companion Compendia: Useful for Familiars and other companions.
PF2E Effect Description: Gives you an idea of what an effect does on mouseover, lets you interact with an effect to learn more.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I am on v11, since the main PF2e system module is only being updated for v11.

E: I also have modules for Investigator and I think Bard, but neither are in my AV game so I didn't bother enabling them.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 21, 2023

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My current AV group is:

Orc Ifrit Champion
Orc Beastkin Thaumaturge
Fetchling Summoner
Gnome Oracle
Half-Orc Barbarian
and a Halfling Cleric

Rarely if ever have full group of 6, most sessions are with 4

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I haven't had a chance to really get a group going for 2E yet, but my favorite 1E group was for Ruins of Azlant:

A minotaur druid who spent as little time in cow form as possible
A cat (dreamcat) sorcerer
A dragon (dragon paragon class from In the Company of Dragons)
and a totally normal human rogue (actually a gillman)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My current AoA group is pretty normal; 3 humans (though one is functionally a dwarf in all but name), 1 halfling, 1 elf, and a goblin. Only real weird thing is the gnoll.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Not running a huge amount, but:

Dice So Nice
PF2e Dailies (automates things like spell prep etc)
Universal Battlemap Importer (to bring things over from DungeonDraft)
LibWrapper (supports some other stuff)
Pathmuncher (lets people make characters in Pathbuilder and import them)
Dorako UI (just a slightly nicer looking UI)
X-Card (safety stuff)
Move That For You (Necessary for doing things like tile puzzles)
PDF To Foundry (for importing character graphics and adventures)
Modifiers Matter (tells people what part of their score came from what)
Companion Compendia (lets people run companions easier)
Workbench (a bunch of useful stuff)

I may add Combat Carousel

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Our Gatewalkers army:
Elf cosmos oracle
Elf precision ranger
Half elf psychic
Half orc champion
Deep gnome barbarian
Anadi(?) rogue - joined late, playing it secret

bagrada fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 22, 2023

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
My new group that is in the process of building characters for a campaign starting next month is looking like it’s going to be:

Dwarf Kineticist
Dwarf Cleric
Dwarf Thaumaturge
Dwarf Magus
Dwarf Bard.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Chevy Slyme posted:

My new group that is in the process of building characters for a campaign starting next month is looking like it’s going to be:

Dwarf Kineticist
Dwarf Cleric
Dwarf Thaumaturge
Dwarf Magus
Dwarf Bard.

Group sounds like it rocks.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chevy Slyme posted:

Dwarf Kineticist
Dwarf Cleric
Dwarf Thaumaturge
Dwarf Magus
Dwarf Bard.

I hope you play these as a big group of tourists that marvel at every dumb thing in the human world and stop everywhere to draw pictures of quaint human architecture.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Chevy Slyme posted:

Dwarf Kineticist
Dwarf Cleric
Dwarf Thaumaturge
Dwarf Magus
Dwarf Bard.

Are they playing the new dwarf themed adventure?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

If not, that sounds like a perfect group for the new Highhelm AP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yeah we are. It’s gonna rock.