Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
re: donny t, i think people are already forgetting how in addition to the republican party imploding and allowing him to secure the nomination in the first place, hilary clinton ran what has been objectively evaluated to be the laziest and worst conducted campaign in the last 50 years against him. she did none of the basics that are known to cause campaign success and did nothing, assuming she had already won so she could conserve funding for 2020.

dopey don still needed the electoral college to confirm his squeaker of a "win".

biden won handily despite being a mediocre candidate vs an incumbent president. the political weakness on display there is staggering.

yes chuds exist and yes they are loud. yes if the ego singularity manages to run he should be treated as a serious threat and excoriated in any way people can manage. but let's not overestimate the strength of a fat ranting lunatic before we properly remember all the myriad ways the political establishment in the US failed to cover even their own interests in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

can tell nothing's going on when the think tank's flipped back to Trump

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

RBA-Wintrow posted:

And none of them will draw a parallel to white people colonizing the "savages"? Granted хохол is about hairstyle, not skin colour. But it should be very obvious that Ukraine wants to sell their grain and it is Russia that's stopping them. I have a little faith in our southern neighbors.

The decision makers don't care because, just like Russia, they're there to steal from the people and keep Africa in chains.

Check out my golden lambo bro I got it flown to dubai

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Molothecat posted:

can tell nothing's going on when the think tank's flipped back to Trump

Donald Trump is a cluster bomb

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Donald Trump is a cluster bomb

Unfortunate that you've witnessed his post hamberder toilet meat assaults

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Coolguye posted:

hilary clinton ran what has been objectively evaluated to be the laziest and worst conducted campaign in the last 50 years

since mitt romney, at least

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Misha Luchin, a RU drone pilot, Z-volunteer, and owner of the Misha in Donbass telegram channel was killed in Krasnohorivka. You may remember Misha for being hacked by Ukrainian hackers that stole the $25,000 he fundraised for Russian drones and bought him hundreds of dildos from Ali Express using the money.

Translation:

quote:

Pic 1:
Misha died at 3AM today near Krasnohorivka as a result of a counterattack by the 79th Separate Assault Brigade

quote:

Pic 2:
Storm [assault] Krasnohorivka where you can drop into a residential area and hide from artillery -no, storm a minefield to which there is only one road along the track, and all get shot, yes...

The author of the video died today at 3 AM near Krasnohorivka

Also, the family of the man who designed the Russian Lancet kamikaze drones have a flat in central London overlooking Big Ben. Shame that hasn't been seized and the people deported for violating sanctions

Also also, an air raid alert has been declared at the Kerch bridge. Drop that whole thing into the sea, come on

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 20, 2023

naem
May 29, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

Misha Luchin, a RU drone pilot, Z-volunteer, and owner of the Misha in Donbass telegram channel was killed in Krasnohorivka. You may remember Misha for being hacked by Ukrainian hackers that stole the $25,000 he fundraised for Russian drones and bought him hundreds of dildos from Ali Express using the money.

Translation:

slava ukrani

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

HonorableTB posted:

This is mostly right I think, but the proxy war framing of it is bothersome to me because it greatly reduces the role of Urkaine's own agency in the process

E: to add, Ukraine had been fighting the war for eight years prior to the (second or third depending on how you view 2014/2015) full scale invasion, with a fraction of western support it currently enjoys. I don't think it should be considered a proxy war for that reason

Hope you have your pip boy charged! 👍

I never meant to detract from Ukraine's agency. Russia has flubbed things badly every step of the way, but they still might have succeeded if it weren't for the UA. I think Ukraine belongs in NATO and one day the EU, on their own merits. I don't want them to be any kind of client state to Russia or the west. They deserve to be treated as equals. I just wish we weren't slow rolling the supplies.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

anonumos posted:

I never meant to detract from Ukraine's agency. Russia has flubbed things badly every step of the way, but they still might have succeeded if it weren't for the UA. I think Ukraine belongs in NATO and one day the EU, on their own merits. I don't want them to be any kind of client state to Russia or the west. They deserve to be treated as equals. I just wish we weren't slow rolling the supplies.

This is what I also believe, we should have given them everything right at the start. This war would likely have been over by now had we given HIMARS and F-16s in April of last year. Whether or not it would be over due to nuclear exchange or because Ukraine was victorious is a hypothetical debate that we can't really answer, but the more impotent Russia's military becomes the less likely the west in general cares about their supposed red lines. It could be that the Biden admin just knows what they're doing better than we do when it comes to foreign affairs, which is kind of a strange thought after 4 years of Trump's poo poo flinging monkey noises, but maybe we just forgot what actual responsible governance looks like?

naem
May 29, 2011

Biden is so great at being a bland, average, not crazy person

we don’t need demagogue charisma people to put on a show we just need bland normal leaders to make average weighted decisions and work together so the world doesn’t explode

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

Oh no.

Misha could've been eating sunflower seeds on his dacha in buttfuck Saratov or something but had to go volunteer murder ukrainians. Putin is such a piece of poo poo.

naem posted:

Biden is so great at being a bland, average, not crazy person

we don’t need demagogue charisma people to put on a show we just need bland normal leaders to make average weighted decisions and work together so the world doesn’t explode
Biden is pretty good but needs to be more decisive on deploying support. Trickling out stuff not only prolongs everything but gives russia time to develop countermeasures and mitigation strategies, so when it finally does arrive, the effectiveness would be lower because they figured out how to deal with it in the meantime.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Coolguye posted:

biden won handily despite being a mediocre candidate vs an incumbent president. the political weakness on display there is staggering.

Biden won by less than 45,000 votes in a victory closer than Trump's in 2016

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/did-biden-win-little-or-lot-answer-yes-n1251845

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Wagner soldiers buried under copelerones.

https://twitter.com/RuslanLeviev/status/1682066924014911498

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

Biden won by less than 45,000 votes in a victory closer than Trump's in 2016

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/did-biden-win-little-or-lot-answer-yes-n1251845

he won the popular vote and had a much stronger overall mandate, let's not go through the trouble of giving florida any more pathos than that psychopath state already has

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Surprisingly poignant.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

"Guys we need more dragon's teeth but there was a smoking accident at the cement factory! Any ideas?"

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Coolguye posted:

he won the popular vote and had a much stronger overall mandate, let's not go through the trouble of giving florida any more pathos than that psychopath state already has

Winning the popular vote has very little to do with winning the presidency, so if your thesis is that Biden handily won in 2020 and thus Trump is no threat in 2024 its a dumb thesis founded on not knowing how elections work. Biden barely won in 2020.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

This cemetery was already vandalized btw. Someone went in and cut down all the RU and Wagner flags

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

Winning the popular vote has very little to do with winning the presidency, so if your thesis is that Biden handily won in 2020 and thus Trump is no threat in 2024 its a dumb thesis founded on not knowing how elections work. Biden barely won in 2020.

well fortunately the post i made that you cut up made it quite clear that trump is not "no threat" so it should already be clear to you that i was not making that thesis.

perhaps you might do a bit of background research on how campaigns are run in addition to how they are decided since that's what i was talking about though, that might make us more able to speak to one another rather than trying to cram words in each others' mouths.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Biden barely won but otoh there's no undecided voters anymore, pretty much everyone who voted for Trump will do so again and the same for Biden.

So it's going to be a rerun of 2020 only this time the courts are stacked with insane federalist society judges and the like. A real threat of legitimate results being overturned.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the incumbent advantage is extremely real in all elections, the presidential election most of all. trump lost that and it was one of his strongest cards, and also not to belabor the point but he still has to get past primaries in a republican party that has reorganized itself in fairly substantial ways specifically to keep a demagogue like him from undermining the good ol' boys' club. this is all without mentioning the ongoing problems he has from an Actual Federal Indictment that will keep him from running a normal campaign of rally after rally to energize his base. it is irresponsible, imo, to overlook all of this and talk seriously about what happens if trump wins like it it's a very small if. it's definitely possible and he's definitely a threat, but it's a capital IF.

but that's the last i'll say on the topic, this has nothing to do with the war and if people are that dedicated to the derail then it's faster to just let it burn itself out.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I think it's fair to discuss in the context of "will Ukraine still get support"

spankmeister posted:

Biden barely won but otoh there's no undecided voters anymore, pretty much everyone who voted for Trump will do so again and the same for Biden.

So it's going to be a rerun of 2020 only this time the courts are stacked with insane federalist society judges and the like. A real threat of legitimate results being overturned.

I might be misremembering this but didn't they shoot down that whole "states can just choose their own electoral college thing if they don't like it" down on the last slew of SC rulings?

edit: Yeah looks like they did. https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/22pdf/21-1271_3f14.pdf

I think Biden will win and it's probably a good thing since he'll not have any threat of re-election getting in the way of sending more military aid to Ukraine. At least I hope so. I'm not a one issue voter or anything but it's probably the most important issue right now in my eyes.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
If history is any guide Trump will end up destroying the Republican party as we know it.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
comedy option is that poland parks a handful of f35s on a road near the ukraine border, leaves the keys in the ignition and just walk away OH NO our planes got stolen how could this happen

yes i know this is stupid and unworkable, let me have my fantasies please

Lammasu posted:

If history is any guide Trump will end up destroying the Republican party as we know it.

inshallah

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

spankmeister posted:

Minus the Trump voters that died from covid due to disinformation on masks, vaccines, and Dr Fauci.

Trump can’t “barely win” again when a million Americans died, and if only half of those Americans were Republican, Trump “won” by way less than 500,000 votes; it was 50,000 or so in 3 key States (Cambridge Analytica, anyone?) so I just don’t see it.

Time will tell

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

comedy option is that poland parks a handful of f35s on a road near the ukraine border, leaves the keys in the ignition and just walk away OH NO our planes got stolen how could this happen

That is roughly how warplane imports work under normal circumstances.

naem
May 29, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

inshallah

accidentally leave them on slope leading into Ukraine and spray a bunch of soapy water to make it all slippery and then lean comically onto each plane causing them to roll one by one

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
I will win the presidency and provide Ukraine with both ATACAMs and as much industrially produced borscht as they care to claim

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The literal slippery slope of war

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Isn't there a MIC lend-lease program set in stone for at least 5 years? Even if the next president makes "gently caress NATO and gently caress Ukraine" the #1 policy the moment January 21st rolls by?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Rides Naked posted:

I will win the presidency and provide Ukraine with both ATACAMs and as much industrially produced borscht as they care to claim

Thank you President Rides Naked.

Yours will be an interesting motorcade

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

inshallah

It’s possible in Slovakia. There’s an airstrip than ends literally on the Ukrainian border.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Rides Naked posted:

Offering Ukraine borshch is like offering the US AR-15s; they'll be gracefully but not effusively thankful, and privately completely bewildered.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

the popes toes posted:

The Russian missile and drone attacks of Odessa are being repeated, now, tonight, and at a much larger scale.

lmao. ok this thread is funny sometimes

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

So maybe gently caress off to you cspam thread and we’ll all have a laugh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mokotow posted:

So maybe gently caress off to you cspam thread and we’ll all have a laugh

Please just report the post and let us handle it if its breaking the rules, please.

Nix Panicus posted:

Hey Nix - Please be clear what is funny. We'd like to know!

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 20, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

not sure what your point is, russia isn't getting any of those demands

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nix Panicus posted:

Elaborate on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrungus
Nov 21, 2022
I don’t know why people think F16s would really change the war. Russia has a huge amount of long range air defense, wtf is can f16 do that their existing platforms can’t? They’re already slinging western cruise missiles and dropping western jdams with the jets they have now.

200 brads, a shitload of MICLCs, and all the MRAPs we can spare is what they really need.

And ATACMS