Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

also you should play pizza tower imo

I should but I probably will not, it looks cool but really isn't my kind of game.

Instead I will Octopath 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Buy me a PS5.

Find me a job

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Games Forum posted:

I did not realise.... wait, which game was this in?

The start of Chrono Trigger until someone finally told you you could set it to auto run

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

The start of Chrono Trigger until someone finally told you you could set it to auto run

Oh. Oh yes. All flooding back now. That was a pretty great game!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chrowns-o Trigger

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ibblebibble posted:

Instead I will Octopath 2.

I couldn't agree more!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Octwopath

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I looked back at my 2023 gaming log and honestly forgot I played a couple of them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2023/07/20/what-happened-to-dolphin-on-steam/

Dolphin is abandoning their attempts to get the emulator on Steam due to Valve requiring the developers to come to an agreement with Nintendo to be able to release it

which ain't happening

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2023/07/20/what-happened-to-dolphin-on-steam/

Dolphin is abandoning their attempts to get the emulator on Steam due to Valve requiring the developers to come to an agreement with Nintendo to be able to release it

which ain't happening

Kinda perplexed they ever thought that would fly, like I know it’s technically legal or whatever to own emulators themselves, but lmfao if they seriously didn’t see “Steam immediately contacts Nintendo to cover their rear end, Nintendo says no and makes it prohibitively difficult to do the ostensibly legal thing” in the cards.

That reminds me, I should get around to setting up Dolphin on my Deck…

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Kinda perplexed they ever thought that would fly, like I know it’s technically legal or whatever to own emulators themselves, but lmfao if they seriously didn’t see “Steam immediately contacts Nintendo to cover their rear end, Nintendo says no and makes it prohibitively difficult to do the ostensibly legal thing” in the cards.

That reminds me, I should get around to setting up Dolphin on my Deck…

RetroArch is on Steam just fine so I get why they'd try. I don't get why Steam is being weird about it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

good game but horribly run and they pretty much destroyed its player base in the first season. looking at gbo2 pc next which is sad because i love gbo but the pc version barely works

The killing blow besides the dogshit monetization and backfill and random kickbanning because of its bad netcode was how obvious it was that the devs didn't play the game when they went to balance it

My favorite example is the Tracer equivalent, the Zaku II. They thought it wasn't capable of killing well enough at first, so they gave it three extra bullets in the magazine. Then it was too strong (supposedly, this had no real impact and nobody cared), so they removed two. Meanwhile another suit had a grenade they buffed to be stronger than most ults in the game. They balanced this by removing a few bullets from it. Good work guys.

The game had a really good shot especially when OW2 hosed up its launch but man they fumbled every step of the way

I said come in! posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Maxiboost On might be for him? its on just playstation though.

This game rules and we need a port of one of the sequels already

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I know another mech game they could play :gritin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNa6ZNdI_XE

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I am going to absolutely destroy some trees with an LMG next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agPlkgS9Asg

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

This week's free Epic Games games are The Elder Scrolls Online, and also a puzzle game Murder by Numbers. ZOS retaliates against workers trying to invoke FMLA by giving them demotions, though, so I'm not giving them any money

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 20, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Owl Inspector posted:

I am going to absolutely destroy some trees with an LMG next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agPlkgS9Asg

Hell yes, very hyped for this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

galenanorth posted:

This week's free Epic Games games are The Elder Scrolls Online, and also a puzzle game Murder by Numbers. ZOS retaliates against workers trying to invoke FMLA by giving them demotions, though, so I'm not giving them any money

I'd be invoking FML too if I had to play elder scrolls online!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my 2023 top list has 19 entries currently (and this year i'm including december releases from the previous year like most award things would). i've got another 20+ to play that i have access to at the moment, but i'm not in a rush

have played: Octopath 2, TOTK, HROT, 9 Years of Shadows, Golden Idol DLC, Slayers X, Wall World, Honkai Star Rail, Atomic Heart, GhostLore, Terra Nil, Powerwash Simulator DLC, My Time at Sandrock, Lingo (Level 2 Update), Dread Templar, Weird & Unfortunate Things are Happening (Steam release), Chop Goblins (dec 2022), Ravenlok, Bloody Hell

have to play: Oxenfree II, 24 Killers, Before a Green Moon (started), Beyond the Long Night (started), Vividlope (started), Patch Quest, Trails to Azure, Paranormasight, Hi-Fi Rush (started), Chained Echoes (dec 2022), Cassette Beasts, The Bookwalker, Dordogne, Amnesia: The Bunker, Planet of Lana, Tchia, Humanity, The Last Case of Benedict Fox, Wo Long, Shadows of Doubt (waiting on more updates), Bramble

on the horizon: Starfield, Lies of P, Cocoon, Sea of Stars, Thirsty Suitors, whatever I rent from Gamefly (Raincode, Clash: Artifacts of Chaos, Wanted Dead, Vernal Edge)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 20, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ominous farming

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Kerrzhe posted:

ominous farming

Ah like IRL zucchini

Do not do more than one plant

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the best game i played for the first time this year is probably divinity original sin 2 but it still wasn't better than sleeping

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

right now i'm playing tails of iron, and it's fine, but it's way too padded. story progression is locked behind doing sidequests (you have to raise money to restore your castle)

game developers, if your sidequests are required to beat the game, they're not sidequests lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sleeping is WotY. way too easy, takes too long, cutscenes don't make sense, and if you don't log in every day you're too heavily penalized.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Sleeping owns. Probably my favorite activity.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i think i prefer eating but i associate that much more with guilt than sleeping

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hard to sleep if you're hungry, easy to eat if you're sleepy

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Sleep is great towards the start but the ending sucks

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

You can't wake up if you don't fall asleep.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm asleep right now

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what are the best games to play while sleeping, besides Hypnospace Outlaw

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Hwurmp posted:

what are the best games to play while sleeping, besides Hypnospace Outlaw

I have about 3000 hours in Idle Wizard. Almost entirely while sleeping

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They just released a Pokemon about this

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm an hour in to Quern: Undying Thoughts, it's pretty interesting so far, good puzzles, I just wish running was a toggle. I can't find anything in the settings to change that either, very unfortunate.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

the best game i played for the first time this year is probably divinity original sin 2 but it still wasn't better than sleeping

That's a good game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pokemon Sleep doesn't have Fat Pikachu, absolutely no respect for the classics.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

That's a good game

its super good but if nothing else its just a continuation of my inability to sit down and play a game till the sequel/quasi sequel is just about released

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sleeping is bullshit. That's seven hours wasted every night.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I used to hate sleep then I used lucid dreaming to construct a mental video game console that I can play games on all night long in my dreams. its called the sega dreamcast

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sleep is the loving best. The wast of hours in the day is work, not sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

Sleeping is bullshit. That's seven hours wasted every night.

Yup