Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

the meme is fine. the senator is vile however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

speaking of magical thinking, the uk is probably about to lose all secure messaging because the government has decided there's a way for only the good guys to read encrypted messages and no amount of evidence is going to convince them otherwise

of course if this goes through the end result will be criminals [who have an incentive] have secure messaging and literally everyone else doesn't

imo companies should just leave the UK instead of dealing with their hosed up regulatory system

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://floridaphoenix.com/2023/07/19/do-not-for-the-love-of-god-tell-kids-that-slavery-was-beneficial/

quote:

Students at Florida public schools will now learn that Black people benefitted from slavery because it taught them skills. This change is part of the African American history standards the State Board of Education approved at a Wednesday meeting.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/alisavaldesrod1/status/1682055055959277570?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A healthcare startup is trying to lure me away from my current position. They asked me in an interview how I would go about figuring out how many eggs would fit in a Honda Accord. My answer was "why would you ask me to waste my time doing that at a healthcare company?"

Lol what a bunch of idiots Google wants people to talk about this being a sphere packing problem but by making it eggs they increased the difficulty to a point where anyone with a good answer probably wouldn’t be interviewing there.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
not to scold but more and more when terrible states do something awful I’ve been trying to remember there’s a huge fraction of good people still living there and probably fighting but I also recognize it’s hilarious we have a bugs gif for how bad Florida has been

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

yeah we levelled two cities but the real victim was my mother, she knew some people who had cancer

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Enderzero posted:

not to scold but more and more when terrible states do something awful I’ve been trying to remember there’s a huge fraction of good people still living there and probably fighting but I also recognize it’s hilarious we have a bugs gif for how bad Florida has been

i respectfully disagree, i was earnestly suggesting we saw florida off the contiguous united states and let it float into the atlantic ocean

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i'm in florida right now and fully support removing it from the united states

but also give me a plane ticket i don't want emperor desantis

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

RokosCockatrice posted:

yeah we levelled two cities but the real victim was my mother, she knew some people who had cancer

to be clear i think there's room to tell stories about hiroshima, nagasaki, and all the islanders and us citizens we poisoned with nuclear fallout, any of which are probably more worthwhile than learning about another white guy building a bomb

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

RokosCockatrice posted:

hmmmm

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

mediaphage posted:

all the islanders

the runit dome in the marshall islands is getting on in the years, but the US won't take responsibility for it still, i believe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cmon yall are better than that

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

dioxazine posted:

the runit dome in the marshall islands is getting on in the years, but the US won't take responsibility for it still, i believe

yeah, we're baddies for sure

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage posted:

to be clear i think there's room to tell stories about hiroshima, nagasaki, and all the islanders and us citizens we poisoned with nuclear fallout, any of which are probably more worthwhile than learning about another white guy building a bomb

i think those are, at least, linked as part of th esame story.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
give florida to cuba

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Enderzero posted:

Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bump_fn posted:

give florida to cuba

seems like a cruel thing to do to Cuba

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

seems like a cruel thing to do to Cuba

“take back the children of your losers “

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/pinko69420/status/1681974890402922496?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

there was some op-ed in wsj denying that climate change is real and that even if it were, it's really not so hot anyway. one of their arguments was like "if it's really that hot why are they wearing long pants and hats hmmm?" lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

there was some op-ed in wsj denying that climate change is real and that even if it were, it's really not so hot anyway. one of their arguments was like "if it's really that hot why are they wearing long pants and hats hmmm?" lol

I'd guess nobody who writes for the wsj has ever had a job where they had to wear a uniform

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
wearing hats??? During hot weather??? :goofy:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

or how osha really doesn’t like shorts for a lot of good reasons

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

qirex posted:

I'd guess nobody who writes for the wsj has ever had a job where they had to wear a uniform

i have a friend who writes op-eds for the wsj and the closest he's ever come to having to wear a uniform is when he worked at old navy

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

qirex posted:

or work outside in the summer

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Tungsten posted:

or work outside in the summer

be fair, there was that yale sailing fellowship in the seychelles that one time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1682399640413511681

:smugdon:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

secret service guy has the drop on him

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Wow did that happen in a small town?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

don't small town values include taking off your stupid hat when you're eating dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

qirex posted:

don't small town values include taking off your stupid hat when you're eating dinner

any time inside, I believe.