Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

How! posted:

A limp sanction by a dying empire that is backfiring?

If it is such a limp sanction, then why does Russia it to be undone so desperately? How exactly is it backfiring? And again, if it is backfiring and making Russia stronger... why does Russia want it undone again? It sounds like the sanctions are going great and would love even more sanctions, in fact!

Can anyone answer this for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

must really bum these tankies out that russia set out to own the libs irl but then got annihilated by the lgbt cuck crew

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Toxic Mental posted:

People have absolutely shown themselves to be able to be complete morons without needing the help or pay of the Kremlin, so please don't insinuate it. :thanks:

I'm gonna make doing this a 3-day probe from now on so be warned, which might escalate even further. Adjourn you asses.
This is a bad call, though I understand the larger situation is bad and not your fault.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Kchama posted:

If it is such a limp sanction, then why does Russia it to be undone so desperately? How exactly is it backfiring? And again, if it is backfiring and making Russia stronger... why does Russia want it undone again? It sounds like the sanctions are going great and would love even more sanctions, in fact!

It's embarrassing for a masculine country like Russia to take limp, flaccid sanctions instead of rock-hard and powerful sanctions

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Scarodactyl posted:

This is a bad call, though I understand the larger situation is bad and not your fault.

Tell me your thoughts - how is it a bad call? It's in the rules to not call people treasonous double agents and it's a pretty serious thing to do imho. If you believe that's true then their reputation is as a literal spy on the forums.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Kchama posted:

BRICS introducing their new dollar replacement currency any day now.

Any day now.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

How! posted:

It’s pretty hosed up for Russia to exit the grain deal after the west lifted their sanctions and let that Russian bank back into SWIFT.

Couild you point me to where anyone promised to let russia back into SWIFT? tia

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

You must loving LOVE America since you can't shut the gently caress up about Americans!
Some posters, they just gotta Dig.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

CommieGIR posted:

Won't lie NATO Warlocks sound pretty badass.

It was the original name of the NATO Grateful Dead

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Toxic Mental posted:

Tell me your thoughts - how is it a bad call? It's in the rules to not call people treasonous double agents and it's a pretty serious thing to do imho. If you believe that's true then their reputation is as a literal spy on the forums.
Not nearly as serious as expressing fascist sympathies imo--treating it with a probe 12x as long seems excessive. But I understand there's no winning policy here since this situation should have already been fixed at a higher level.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
correct me if i'm wrong but idk that anyone in this generation of the thread has said the o-word except visitors very angry about the nato american stooges who are racist against russia and poisoned by capitalist propaganda who have never heard of Stepan Bandera

conveniently visitors with no stakes and no friends or family in either russia or ukraine but :shrug: they've read Theory

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 21, 2023

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Toxic Mental posted:

If it quacks like a duck...

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

3 days feels right to me. I don't think a 6er or 1 day is enough for someone to not want to insinuate that stuff, and those are the only options. 7 days or longer feels like too long.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

If it quacks like a duck...

Again, this is SA. We know and have known for 20+ years that it takes no outside influence for people to be insanely wrong idiots. They are happy, even eager, to let you know how dumb they are on their own, with pride.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

I think it's fine to hit people who do that hard.

Of course, should hit the people who use slurs hard too,though I disagree with the probe reason since he wasn't using it to be cringe racist NAFO, quite the opposite. He was using it to imply that we in this thread were the racists.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

correct me if i'm wrong but idk that anyone in this gneratio of the thread has said the o-word except visitors very angry about the nato american stooges who are racist against russia and poisoned by capitalist propaganda who have never heard of Stepan Bandera

conveniently visitors with no stakes and no friends or family in either russia or ukraine but :shrug: they've read Theory

Wow!! Even now you can't stop bringing up your wife!!! (this is a joke)

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

If you want to get paid to post right wing propaganda, you'd do it on Twitter or Youtube.

Nobody* is doing it on these insignificant dead gay forums.

* Except Brown Moses obviously:tinfoil:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Kchama posted:

I think it's fine to hit people who do that hard.

Of course, should hit the people who use slurs hard too,though I disagree with the probe reason since he wasn't using it to be cringe racist NAFO, quite the opposite. He was using it to imply that we in this thread were the racists.

Yeah I think that wasn't quite accurate to label it as a NAFO thing per se, but obviously it's pointing at us being the ones who are actually saying it or whatever.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If Ukraine broke the treaty that required them to not fight back when invaded, what other treaties will they break Ukrainalures?

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Lammasu posted:

Let's back up a minuet. What kind of warlocks? Are we using expansions or just the Player's Handbook.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

the popes toes posted:

If Ukraine broke the treaty that required them to not fight back when invaded, what other treaties will they break Ukrainalures?

We'd have to start checking off all the treaties Russia walked back to conduct the Special Operation

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
For five American dollars I will be pro whatever genocide you want, big boy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

RDM posted:

For five American dollars I will be pro whatever genocide you want, big boy

If you want a custom title change that badly, go out and earn it like the rest of us do: Piss someone off on the something awful forums.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

This is perfect. Also this thread taught me I ignore how

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I really thought that was Seagal from the tiny preview and almost died of an irony overload.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Toxic Mental posted:

If you want a custom title change that badly, go out and earn it like the rest of us do: Piss someone off on the something awful forums.

Ruthlessly own tankies. Take their vintage soviet pin money. Get some sweet titties

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Eediot Jedi posted:

I really thought that was Seagal from the tiny preview and almost died of an irony overload.

RIP Julian Sands, you were a real one.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Mulva posted:

RIP Julian Sands, you were a real one.

RIP also to anyone learning this here of all places

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Did I piss anybody enough off to get a fascist avatar/title again?

Edit: nope, not yet.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Julian Sands is the Ghost of Kiev

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Ngl the Ghost of Kyiv time was a unique time to be alive and posting.

The Ukrainian minister of information and culture resigned today after Zelensky demanded budget transparency. Chalk it up for the anti corruption efforts

https://twitter.com/SarahAshtonLV/status/1682176789437718529?t=LsGaLXLSUQbOUCjp1ldtqA&s=19

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 21, 2023

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I know we're not supposed to talk about it (mods do what you must) but it really does feel disgusting to know that just a few clicks away on this very website there are people actively cheering on a genocidal invasion to the point where they get mad and do thread invasions when things dont go their way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I know we're not supposed to talk about it (mods do what you must) but it really does feel disgusting to know that just a few clicks away on this very website there are people actively cheering on a genocidal invasion to the point where they get mad and do thread invasions when things dont go their way.

There's nothing you can do about that right now so it's best to do the famously helpful advice and "don't read the thread"

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Toxic Mental posted:

Again, this is SA. We know and have known for 20+ years that it takes no outside influence for people to be insanely wrong idiots. They are happy, even eager, to let you know how dumb they are on their own, with pride.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I heard you like anti imperialist propaganda...

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

I heard you like anti imperialist propaganda...

I certainly do when it makes us look this insanely kickass

lol of course 5179 on the life preserver means something. imagine crowing about a big maritime victory wherein your fishing trawler runs into a coast guard vessel it's trying to run away from because it was doing illegal fishing

tiaz fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 21, 2023

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023

tiaz posted:

lol of course 5179 on the life preserver means something. imagine crowing about a big maritime victory wherein your fishing trawler runs into a coast guard vessel it's trying to run away from because it was doing illegal fishing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9VYryFjp-k

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
One take I don't get is where America is the declining empire in this scenario. I've saw an article on Salon so it's almost a respectable opinion in some parts. Russia is the one trying to claim old imperial holdings and is being met with limited successes. The entire thing Putin was afraid of, NATO, is stronger than ever. This war has almost been good for America.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mods plz mudvayne me tia

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Done.

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

Toxic Mental posted:

There's nothing you can do about that right now so it's best to do the famously helpful advice and "don't read the thread"

This advice seems pretty bad since a bunch of them keep coming into this thread and receiving punishments that don't seem to deter them at all. I think I understand from context that this is beyond your control though.

I also don't fully understand the kerfuffle about (jokes about) being allegedly paid to make propaganda since the apparent alternative- they genuinely support genocide, imperialism, and fascism because they're either unjustifiably immoral or ignorant- seems like a much worse indictment of their characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I hate to be the one to say "trust the process" or whatever, but just believe that you're on the right side of history first and foremost, and that this is a webforum and it has no real stakes in the real world, and finally that if another threads mods are doing a bad enough job that either change will happen in some way.

Also don't forget you can 1. Report 2. Put users on ignore 3. Actually ignore/don't feed trolls, because what they want most is to provoke a reaction

So let's just leave it at that and :sweep: Be the change you want to see, etc.