Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

How much of that is Mitch being a natural doof and how much of that is Mitch’s performative self? Where they meet is the art.
I really enjoyed him getting Three Dog Night and Creedence confused yet again last week I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

indigi posted:

Amelia is such a dud

Yusong was a big dud. Amelia’s alright

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Amelia should be Producer Ben of Doughboys, an active participant in every episode. Make her the third Doughboy. I love her and her dad, Scorpion.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I went to tasty burger yesterday, it was gud.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

MokBa posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Amelia should be Producer Ben of Doughboys, an active participant in every episode. Make her the third Doughboy. I love her and her dad, Scorpion.

Amelia is great but they do not need a third host, it would drastically change the dynamic and give them less flexibility to start reviewing movies or weighing items on a whim. I’ve listened to other shows that added a host & in those cases it wrecked pacing & cut down on fun tangents when one person couldn’t keep up.

Besides if they did get a third host it should be Molasses Boy.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Devonaut posted:

I went to tasty burger yesterday, it was gud.

Granted I've never been there, but I was very shocked that the guy who regularly undercooks chicken gave it such a low score. Everyone else sounds like they loved it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Amelia is great but they do not need a third host,

She should replace Nick then

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Amelia is great but they do not need a third host, it would drastically change the dynamic and give them less flexibility to start reviewing movies or weighing items on a whim. I’ve listened to other shows that added a host & in those cases it wrecked pacing & cut down on fun tangents when one person couldn’t keep up.

Besides if they did get a third host it should be Molasses Boy.

Counter point: Get Played

(Though actually the main problem since Matt became a host is that they almost never have guests anymore unless one of the three is absent for the week.)

I don't really want Amelia as a host. I just think she's great and adds a different dynamic to the thing that is very fun on occasion.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I forget, was Matt ever on CBB as the proprietor of Kissy’s before Get Played started?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

root beer posted:

I forget, was Matt ever on CBB as the proprietor of Kissy’s before Get Played started?

According to the Wiki, Matt Aproducer's first CBB was February 2020, so a few months after HDTGP started

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

According to the Wiki, Matt Aproducer's first CBB was February 2020, so a few months after HDTGP started

this tracks, because i'm pretty sure "proprietor of a store that personally kisses everything in the store" was an early covid idea lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

root beer posted:

I’m very fond of his mech pilot character

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Just started listening to today's Get Played and the first thing I hear is "Hey, Parks and Recs fans, it's Rob Lowe"

I can only imagine how angry he'd be to find out that he was slated as a preroll on his noted enemy's podcast

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I just found out that Threedom hasn't been on hiatus for the past two months, the feed I was subscribed too just died, and I've heard that ad during every adbreak of every episode.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

Threedom is good except for the “who/what’s that” question from Lauren for every pop culture reference from before 2001.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
A real rowdy crowd up there in St. Paul. 5 forks

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Threedom is good except for the “who/what’s that” question from Lauren for every pop culture reference from before 2001.
It’s interesting too that whenever she references some 90s kids’ TV show Scott and Paul know what she’s talking about

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Dr.Radical posted:

It’s interesting too that whenever she references some 90s kids’ TV show Scott and Paul know what she’s talking about

Yeah because they are huge nerds but Lauren is not.

Anyone who hasn't listened to Newcomers should definitely give it a go. The original Star Wars season is excellent. It's still good after that but that was the perfect franchise for the concept.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that crowd sucked

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Taco john's sucked, too, sounds like

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Crowd was worth it for the perfect Doughboys fan (stay-at-home dad/"stand-up comedian" whose wife is a successful career woman)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I was willing to give the audience a pass up until they made Mitch do an impromptu Lettuce Wrap, not realizing he and Carl already had a song prepared.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

MokBa posted:

Crowd was worth it for the perfect Doughboys fan (stay-at-home dad/"stand-up comedian" whose wife is a successful career woman)

the question askers were pretty good

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Jeremor posted:

Taco john's sucked, too, sounds like

Taco John’s is pretty decent if you know what to order. At the very least it’s better than their beloved Taco Bell these days.

Also as someone on Reddit pointed out, Wyoming has a surprisingly significant Hispanic population so the strong implication that it doesn’t exist there kind of stinks (although to be fair this has very little to do with Taco John’s).

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 14, 2023

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

Taco Johns is good. Haven’t lived near one in many years, but I used to love to put oles, extra onions, jalapeños and their green sauce in my bean burrito.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

little munchkin posted:

🎵 🎶 suckin' on a dog like you're suckin' on a titty

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
My recollection from Taco Johns as a broke teen was that it was mediocre as hell, even then. But the potato olés were good enough, and the local Taco Johns would just fry you two eggs if you asked, so eggs over easy and potato olés was a cheap meal you could get there fast without going to a waffle house or something.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So what is a potato ole exactly? I couldn't quite picture it from what they were talking about. Is it like thick kettle-cooked chips or more like little hashbrowns?

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
They're basically little circular hash browns. If you Google it, there are a lot of pictures of them. As someone who grew up in a region where Taco Johns existed, people were obsessed with them, but I never found them to be all that special. I pretty much agreed with the ratings from this episode.

My fondest memory of Taco Johns is this commercial, which played every year at Christmas for basically my entire childhood. I still can't hear Feliz Navidad without appending "And from Taco Johns!" to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe11ZxGHJMw

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

Binowru posted:

So what is a potato ole exactly? I couldn't quite picture it from what they were talking about. Is it like thick kettle-cooked chips or more like little hashbrowns?

Tater tots in disc form

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Samoa Joe as a guest made me very sad he isn't just voicing Sweet Tooth as well. Dude has so much charisma. As much as I love Will Arnett he seems to be doing nothing with it.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don’t understand why they cast Arnett for that. His voice doesn’t fit at all.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

agree on both counts. good ep

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The final segment was the roughest I've heard in a while but Samoa Joe was a good sport

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Binowru posted:

The final segment was the roughest I've heard in a while but Samoa Joe was a good sport

Lmao, wrestlers really are so mutli-talented: dude had real, true jokes for that absolutely deranged game.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

ManoliIsFat posted:

Lmao, wrestlers really are so mutli-talented: dude had real, true jokes for that absolutely deranged game.

Not to mention Nick being right that he had the most professional actual restaurant review in show history.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The taco john slander hurt a bit. I think Taco Johns is way way better than Del Taco.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I just refuse to believe a taco chain in the Midwest can be any good

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

indigi posted:

There’s a Taco John’s in Madisonville, KY and Princeton, KY. Last time I was around, the Madisonville joint was just as you imagine because teenagers. The one in Princeton, though, seems to run mostly by older Black women who give a poo poo, and those are best loving potato oles. Always have a grandma run the frialator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

indigi posted:

Well, its not like Taco Bell or Johns or Del Taco are going for some weird authentic experience. Its gross food for gross people...LIKE ME!