Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

its called the employee discount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Twerk from Home posted:

I'll defend it

shameful

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Schmoe Cwead posted:

Oof

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/business/status/1682074666687512596?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Schmoe Cwead posted:

:eyepop:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nothus posted:

Yes, Europe and the UK are about to get owned again

They'll raise them in the USA too, only because they have an excuse

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

poo poo! They're on to us!

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

twelve pack of miller high life is $9.50 here. feels like domestic lagers and cheapo spirits haven't gone up a cent since college, but the price of actual food has gone up 50%, medicine 100%, tuition 150%, and housing 200%

I will become PFC but for Ontario beer

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

news at 11: water is wet

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

We're gonna have so much sports this autumn

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1682042649858158598?t=8umq8eVYSeKWYrbYEmmA2w&s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

I will become PFC but for Ontario beer

Thinking about retiring from the rat race to smuggle alcohol into Canada and maybe Washington while I'm at it.

I've become patriotic and it's just not possible to imagine a more American pasttime. Im a rum runner now, but for low stakes tax evasion.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

ETA until Bravo's bankruptcy? :thunk:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I can't believe the high priests of capitalism are also reactionary fascist hogs, I'm just hearing about this

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Schmoe Cwead posted:

:wow:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wait you can pay for Wal-Mart, too?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1682155445333508096?t=cPoU3SJ22_zUTMP7-W9R7g&s=19

As if supply issues weren't already an issue

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Schmoe Cwead posted:

lol

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Schmoe Cwead posted:

you think they'd stack?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
if i buy a one and a half grand robot toy it better suck my gently caress out is all im saying

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

hmm, seems bad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

this is the best of all possible worlds

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Schmoe Cwead posted:

its the perfect self sustaining captive market.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

hitting the medical, climate, and economic combo like a pinball machine

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

RadiRoot posted:

hmm, seems bad

mOsT eCoNoMiC AACTIVITY TAKES PLACE INDOOOOOORSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what Walmart+ is but it's existence depresses me nonetheless!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

hmm, seems bad

Nah, it's a good thing to concentrate production, storage, etc. It's like there was a similar issue with baby formula or something...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Yes please

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Horseshoe theory posted:

Nah, it's a good thing to concentrate production, storage, etc. It's like there was a similar issue with baby formula or something...

thats good! :hmmyes:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

if i buy a one and a half grand robot toy it better suck my gently caress out is all im saying

best I can do is replika app

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Koirhor posted:

best I can do is replika app

the old version or the new kid-friendly PG version for all ages

HazCat
May 4, 2009

:sickos:

America is going to work its way up to a general strike not through organised solidarity but simply due to capital refusing not to gently caress 100% of the industries 100% of the time.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh drat. Is this bearish or bullish?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Thank God we haven't been suffering hundreds of critical drug shortages for years now because of a pandemic and the government doing loving nothing and thoughts and prayers the free market will find it in the kindness of their heart to ramp of production of low profit drugs and build new infrastructure here.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a strange fowl posted:

i've been thinking about this. my experience with doctors has been so woeful that i can actually see myself getting better results from a chatbot. in particular, chatbots are attuned to keywords, so using precise terminology will get a better result. but in my experience, human gps are so pissy about self-diagnosis that they are biased against any patient who comes to them appearing to have done any research at all. so using exact medical terminology for certain conditions (think "fatigue", "hypermobility", "immunodeficient") gets me instantly written off by human doctors ,who go "oh i see you've been on the internet" and that's the end of the session. which won't happen with a chatbot. unless it gets programmed in, which it probably will

I had a very similar experience in college when I was describing my ADHD symptoms to a psychiatrist and they told me that it sounded like I was reciting a list of most-common symptoms I'd clearly memorized to get an Adderall prescription.

Still not officially diagnosed :bustem:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

SKULL.GIF posted:

I had a very similar experience in college when I was describing my ADHD symptoms to a psychiatrist and they told me that it sounded like I was reciting a list of most-common symptoms I'd clearly memorized to get an Adderall prescription.

They just need to legalize it and sell it in gas stations.

Imagine the 📈 in dishwashing jobs and poo poo, not just excel jobs. It would usher in Golden Age of Capitalism 2.0.

err has issued a correction as of 06:22 on Jul 21, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

Still not officially diagnosed :bustem:
i'm 99% sure i have ADHD symptoms (the tired falling asleep inattentive kind) but i've never tried to diagnose it because i just defacto assumed no one would believe me as an adult coming forward for the first time. so whats the point. clearly if i had it i would have been diagnosed as a child and therefore i'm just seeking pills pills pills

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lol doctors now are just lovely search algorithms with less critical thinking ability. Literally all they do is beep book input symptoms into the chart and follow the flow chart until all the testing does their job for them. Just a bunch of clueless morons working up every differential and crying about how they are so swamped with patients well maybe if you dumb motherfuckers would stop ordering an mri on every single person with a headache you'd discharge patients faster and have less people to deal with but since you're just following a flow chart that doesn't take into account any context about the individual patient and the company couches it in cya liability coverage, you're trying to get a pituitary mri on a patient in the er who's got encephalopathy+dementia

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Xaris posted:

i'm 99% sure i have ADHD symptoms (the tired falling asleep inattentive kind) but i've never tried to diagnose it because i just defacto assumed no one would believe me as an adult coming forward for the first time. so whats the point. clearly if i had it i would have been diagnosed as a child and therefore i'm just seeking pills pills pills

What? No, you were diagnosed at 6 or 7 or something when your dad took you for evaluation, but because you could read a whole book cover to cover (hello hyperfocus!) your mom flipped out and said nothing was wrong with her precious smart baby. You tried the meds in college and they really helped but who wasn't abusing them back then? Now you're under pressure and your symptoms are getting in the way of your boss making money off your labor and you need help.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

my partner can't get a prescription because her new doctor, after her job changed insurance networks, "downgraded" her sleep disorder diagnosis so the insurance company now won't pay for the meds